Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? (2334 Views)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? / Programmers That Knows Golang And Blockchain Technology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by sqlPAIN: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2022
I barely see any real programmers on this section. majority of the people who call themselves programmers on this section are mostly mere web developers or data analysts. I barely see peeps talk about low level programming languages, or even talk about any other field in tech apart from web development.

sqlPAIN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by centurionpapa(m): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2022
sqlPAIN:
I barely see any real programmers on this section. majority of the people who call themselves programmers on this section are mostly mere web developers or data analysts. I barely see peeps talk about low level programming languages, or even talk about any other field in tech apart from web development.

sqlPAIN
lol
what qualifies one has a real programmer?

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2022
Go and hide back in your cave.

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by mocochannel: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2022
sqlPAIN:

sqlPAIN
youre too du*mb

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Deicide: 11:19am On Oct 17, 2022
If you think C++ is a low level programming language then you probably don't know anything.

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
If you think C++ is a low lever programming language then you probably don't know anything.

He said real programmers grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Ayinke93(f): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2022
mumu said real programmers grin
Show us problems you’ve solved with your “low level” c++ grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by sqlPAIN: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
If you think C++ is a low level programming language then you probably don't know anything.

Lol, he means low-level asin memory management not low-level asper language for beginners. Low level programming is any language in which you handle memory management. Any language where that memory management or garbage collection is done for you, which is now most languages, is considered “high level.”

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Deicide: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2022
truthsayer009:

Lol, he means low-level asin memory management not low-level asper language for beginners. Low level programming is any language in which you handle memory management. Any language where that memory management or garbage collection is done for you, which is now most languages, is considered “high level.”
If that is your definition of low level language in what category would you put Go Lang that get you access to pointers and also have garbage collection?
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Kaycee54321(m): 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
sqlPAIN:

sqlPAIN

Software Engineer toh Bad grin
Oya now, pioneer the "talk about low level languages".

If you were at Silicon valley, your ego would probably be six times the size of your head.

5 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by namikaze: 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
The term low level is relative, yes compared to langs like python/javascript c++ is low level.

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by namikaze: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
sqlPAIN:

sqlPAIN
web dev, mobile dev and data is where the money at, most of we Nigerians devs do this for the money, but yeah these domains are mostly boring, except for maybe backend development.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2022
namikaze:

The term low level is relative, yes compared to langs like python/javascript c++ is low level.
Exactly smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
One of those ones who thinks they're the best in the world because they're using C++

C++ is just another programming language which operates with same principles as other programming languages

Wonder why you think you're better than others because ur using c++

At the end of the day, it's your take home pay that matters grin

4 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
If that is your definition of low level language in what category would you put Go Lang that get you access to pointers and also have garbage collection?

It is a high-level language because It provides us with some of the convenience of higher level languages like garbage collection and the power of run-time reflection as you have already said.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sleekcode:

Omo I tire oh, I used to write core WordPress development from scratch, build plugins some few years back, I was making really good money but had to just leave it due to peer pressure. Every you go, boys will say you aren't a real programmer and it was kind of depressing.

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Deicide: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
namikaze:

That's not how it works. If you understand what the definition of A high level language is. Though I get your point.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sleekcode:
One of those ones who thinks they're the best in the world because they're using C++

C++ is just another programming language which operates with same principles as other programming languages

Wonder why you think you're better than others because ur using c++

Cuz C++ is responsible for most of other languages we write, how do you think you can write JS on the browser or PHP

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Alphabyte(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
C++ is not a high demand skills in Nigeria.
Do you know that Bitcoin was built using qt and c++ for desktop wallet .
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
namikaze:

Wrong, anytime low level is used, it means closer to CPU instructions ( MOV, ADD, SUB), Assembly is low level, C++ is still High level

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:

Cuz C++ is responsible for most of other languages we write, how do you think you can write JS on the browser or PHP

So what's your point exactly?

Anyone who can learn Javascript can also learn C++

Just obey the strict typing rules of C++ and you're good to go.

It's individual preference.... The fact you want to learn C++ and I want o learn Javascript doesn't in anyway prove you're better than me.

All programming languages operates on one thing.

Logic!

cool

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sleekcode:

So what's your point exactly?

Anyone who can learn Javascript can also learn C++

It's individual preference.... The fact you want to learn C++ and I want o learn Javascript doesn't in anyway prove you're better than me.

cool

C++ is a much powerful tool, remove ego from it, anyone who knows C++ well is a much better dev than JS. what's wrong with someone being better than you ?

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:

C++ is a much powerful tool, remove ego from it, anyone who knows C++ well is a much better dev than JS. what's wrong with someone being better than you ?

What ego are u talking about?

You wake one morning to tel me anyone who knows C++ is automatically better than anyone who knows Javascript.

Only a clown will say that!

If you can't build anything with your tool it's still useless... And don't force me to agree with you please.

U can say C++ is a more powerful/faster tool

Not coming online to say anyone who knows C++ is better developer than everyone else.

That's nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sleekcode:

What ego are u talking about?

You wake one morning to tel me anyone who knows C++ is automatically better than anyone who knows Javascript.

Only a clown will say that!

If you can't built anything with your tool it's still useless... And don't force me to agree with you please.

You don't have to agree with me, but a C++ dev knows much more and more in-depth than a JS Dev and it's why industries see them as better.

6 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:

You don't have to agree with me, but a C++ dev knows much more and more in-depth than a JS Dev and it's why industries see them as better.

Your opinion!

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Fourpockets: 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ayinke93:
mumu said real programmers grin
Show us problems you’ve solved with your “low level” c++ grin grin grin

tensazangetsu20:

He said real programmers grin grin

I think he means programmers that code complex things like, embedded systems, games, servers, OS etc

Edit:
A lot of insecure folks on this thread, the op didn't even say he's a c++ Dev. See how people are insulting op even tensazangetsu20 that one would think is mature enough in this field to know that c++ is low level compared to JavaScript and web technologies.
In fact, chrome V8 was even built with c++
Someone was arguing that a c++ Dev and a JavaScript Dev are on the same level.

Funny thread

4 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fourpockets:

I think he means programmers that code complex things like, embedded systems, games, servers, OS etc

These things aren't as complex as you think they are. The only reason we aren't pursuing them is lack of opportunity. If you get an entry level job in an embedded system company that writes c++ and your previous background was JavaScript or php you think you won't cope. We do frontend backend and web in Nigeria cause that's what we can use to get jobs easily and not because they are easy or hard. There's some really complex frontend and backend systems out there. There's also really complex mobile applications. Opportunity to apply the knowledge and get better is the Koko. Programming Is more of application than memorisation. If you spend 10 years learning c++ and you aren't using it in a professional environment you really aren't better than someone who uses JavaScript or php daily in a professional setting. It's why big companies test applicants on data structures and algorithms and not the language or stack they know because there's no guarantee you would work on that language or stack when you join the company. A frontend developer might join google and be assigned to go work on the android platform or the backend of Google maps same with AWS. A colleague of mine had 6 years of experience he joined AWS and does c++ at the backend. The most important thing are your fundamentals and knowing to code well you can survive in any domain

12 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Fourpockets: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

These things aren't as complex as you think they are. The only reason we aren't pursuing them is lack of opportunity. If you get an entry level job in an embedded system company that writes c++ and your previous background was JavaScript or php you think you won't cope. We do frontend backend and web in Nigeria cause that's what we can use to get jobs easily and not because they are easy or hard. There's some really complex frontend and backend systems out there. There's also really complex mobile applications. Opportunity to apply the knowledge and get better is the Koko. Programming Is more of application than memorisation. If you spend 10 years learning c++ and you aren't using it in a professional environment you really aren't better than someone who uses JavaScript or php daily in a professional setting
I'll have to disagree, there is no frontend project as complex as an operating system.

Please, no matter what.
It's Thanks to operating systems methods that you can build some more complex projects in the first place.

So you're telling me, windows os, is easier than Google's frontend?

Edit:
Fundamentals?? Are you telling me that the JavaScript we all know uses a c low level fundamental like pointers, memory management etc? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fourpockets:

I'll have to disagree, there is no frontend project as complex as an operating system.

Please, no matter what.
It's Thanks to operating systems methods that you can build some more complex projects in the first place.

So you're telling me, windows os, is easier than Google's frontend?

Edit:
Fundamentals?? Are you telling me that the JavaScript we all know uses a c low level fundamental like pointers, memory management etc? undecided

I am saying if you are learning in your house learning c++ everyday you aren't better than someone who is already working as a JavaScript developer. Besides how many c++ developers write out their own operating systems as projects. Do you know how many devs it takes to build an operating system. Why do you think Microsoft and apple have over hundred thousand devs. If you are at home learning everyday without applying it. It's a waste. No company in this world will employ someone who has sat down at home just learning c++ everyday over people with work experience.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Fourpockets: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I am saying if you are learning in your house learning c++ everyday you aren't better than someone who is already working as a JavaScript developer. Besides how many c++ developers write out their own operating systems as projects. Do you know how many devs it takes to build an operating system. Why do you think Microsoft and apple have over hundred thousand devs. If you are at home learning everyday without applying it. It's a waste. No company in this world will employ someone who has sat down at home just learning c++ everyday over people with work experience.
Fair enough.
I just think the way you dismissed the op sounded harsh and insecure given that you once admitted c++ programmers are different from mere programmers like you and me

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fourpockets:

Fair enough.
I just think the way you dismissed the op sounded harsh and insecure

Me insecure ke. Me with regards to software I believe I can survive anywhere. When I was freelancing on upwork I bravely took on php and razor c# projects and was able to do them. I know that stuffs like embedded is much more difficult and operating systems but the people doing it don't have two heads and the companies that do such stuff will give you 3 to 6 months to learn them to be productive so I can definitely learn them to work if it ever comes to that but the op is so degenerative as if Nigerians choose easier things. Don't people know the kind of shithole country this is.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NOUN PORTAL Nouonline.net, A Case Of Very Bad Design / My MERN Stack Ecommerce Web Application / A Confused Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.