Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

10 Year Uk Ban - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Year Uk Ban (7367 Views)

Nigerian Students Abroad Protest The Ban On The Use Of Naira ATM Cards. / Uk Visa Refused For Deception And Imposed 10 Year Ban / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by johnkent(m): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2010
Vicjustice:

Now, this statement shows that you're the one having the conception in your mind and you seem to be making assessments in stereotype, making assumtion that any other country that isn't the USA is inferior to the USA.
Do we really need to talk about this?
I think Pres. Barack will be in a much better position to answer that question. haha
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by kadman(m): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2010
justwise:

Why not apply for Post-Study-Work permit first b4 going for USA visa, that will show stronger tie to the UK than student visa that will expire in 6months time.

Yeah I thought about that, but not sure how soon I'll get a job after  I get the PSW visa, and it might harm my application as they would look at it like I came for studies in the UK and didn't go back to Nigeria after. I think I'll give it a shot now, I have a decent statement of account e.t.c, Thanks !
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by johnkent(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2010
kadman:

Yeah I thought about that, but not sure how soon I'll get a job after  I get the PSW visa, and it might harm my application as they would look at it like I came for studies in the UK and didn't go back to Nigeria after. I think I'll give it a shot now, I have a decent statement of account e.t.c, Thanks !
Give it a shot now. all they can say is NO
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by justwise(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2010
kadman:

Yeah I thought about that, but not sure how soon I'll get a job after I get the PSW visa, and it might harm my application as they would look at it like I came for studies in the UK and didn't go back to Nigeria after. I think I'll give it a shot now, I have a decent statement of account e.t.c, Thanks !

You stand a better chance with PSW than with 6months student visa, going to Nigeria after graduating here is not a must and u are definately not breaking any law by not going back.

Couple of yrs ago when i was living with my elder brother in Southern Africa, applied for USA visiting visa with my brother's wife and my sister inlaw who is 15 at the time, they were all given and i was refused a visa cos i just graduated from college then, i was asked to go back to Nigeria to apply. The same month i applied for UK visa and was given without any interview.
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by DobraDobra: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2010
whats wrong with people why change the subject matter of 10 year uk ban and start talking about usa
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by johnkent(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2010
DobraDobra:

whats wrong with people why change the subject matter of 10 year uk ban and start talking about usa
Cuz the 10yr visa ban question has been answered.
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by kadman(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2010
johnkent:

Cuz the 10yr visa ban question has been answered.

Thanks for answering the question.

It's obvious DobraDobra did not go through the thread. cheesy
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by kadman(m): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2010
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by johnkent(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2010
@kidman. just added ya to YIM.
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by tpiah: 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2010
Can anyone advise, I am british citizen living in Canada now. My hubby used fraudulant documents to apply for UK indefinite at an embassy in the USA about 9 years ago. The embassy advised us that the documents he produced were faked and later we closed the apllication Since then he is now a Canadian citizen and holds a good job there. We have two kids together. We want to visit UK in Dec, will the immigration officers let him enter. we are going for a week

since your husband is already a canadian citizen, why not apply and if they say no, go somewhere else.

or do this:

Wait for other posters who would have advice tomorrow (Nigerian time) or at worst wait till next year when it's 10 years over so either way he would be cleared.

hackneyDiv:

On my mothers life no. The look of surprise on my face when the consulate said the documents were fake. ButI have sturck by him through think and thin

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by ibis: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2010
@ kadman, well let me share my own experience,

was in the uk as a student and within my one year i visited canada (categorized as a tough visa to get) and France on a schengen visa. I also visited Nigeria once during that time to see my hubby and daughter who i left in naija (very strong ties to home)

I applied for the 1st time for a us visa with supporting documents from my hubbys international work place to go and spend sometime with my hubby who was on a months training at that time in the us. he couldnt come over because he did not have a british visa. i was refused with the sole reson that i did not have sufficient ties in the uk. and that ties to Nigeria had to be proved in Nigeria.

6 months later i tried again as i wanted to attend an international conference (similar to the one i had attended in canada that got me the visa) I was refused again on the same reason that i should go back to my home country and apply from there.

i was really sad but once i got back to naija after my programme, without a job and hardly any money in my Bank account, i applied again here and got it immediately with no issues.

my advice is that you have about a 10% chance. come home to naija and apply for it. it will hurt pay visa fees and not get the visa oh! cool
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by kadman(m): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2010
ibis:

@ kadman, well let me share my own experience,

was in the uk as a student and within my one year i visited canada (categorized as a tough visa to get) and France on a schengen visa. I also visited Nigeria once during that time to see my hubby and daughter who i left in naija (very strong ties to home)

I applied for the 1st time for a us visa with supporting documents from my hubbys international work place to go and spend sometime with my hubby who was on a months training at that time in the us. he couldnt come over because he did not have a british visa. i was refused with the sole reson that i did not have sufficient ties in the uk. and that ties to Nigeria had to be proved in Nigeria.

6 months later i tried again as i wanted to attend an international conference (similar to the one i had attended in canada that got me the visa) I was refused again on the same reason that i should go back to my home country and apply from there.

i was really sad but once i got back to naija after my programme, without a job and hardly any money in my Bank account, i applied again here and got it immediately with no issues.

my advice is that you have about a 10% chance. come home to naija and apply for it. it will hurt pay visa fees and not get the visa oh! cool

IBIS, Thank you very much for the advice.
I don't plan on going back to Nigeria for a while, so maybe I'll apply when I have my PSW and start working as Justwise suggested.
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by romii786(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
smiley
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
romii786:
may i know if i get my sponsership cancelled by my colege then what happens? will i get banned for 10 years?, 2. how to remove that ban is it possible? if i am married to a british girl who is muslim and our marriage is yet not registered and i get my sponser cancelled will they deport me? and i wont b able to come back to uk and c my wife and my unborn baby, is possible to remove that ban by showing it that i am married and i have a unborn baby, ? i just wanted to know if i can remove that ban by shoing i have a wife and a unborn baby ( she is pregnent), will they allow me to enter uk ? can i make this as a base to come back to uk if they cancel my sponsership and i get 10 years ban, its all due to fee that i didnt not pay yet. more then half is left to be paid, attendence is good not tht good but enough .pls tell me anything helpfull , if in future they cancell my sponsership n i get banned for 10 years what shell i do? how to remove this ban and is it possible to remove it by declearing i am married and i have a unborn baby.( she is pregnant),
looking forward for a healthy rep.any help pls, thanks in advance.
If ur college cancelled ur admission then u are expected to leave the UK else u become an illegal immigrant, if u have a wife and the marriage is not registered then ur best bet is to go back to Nigeria with her and get married propely then applied for visa there.
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by romii786(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
smiley
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
romii786:

nigeria? what for? i am a pakistani, then why would i be going to nigeria, is that even an answer? or a advice? anyways doesnt seems to be funny either to me pal,
thanks for your lines.

Sorry i thought u are a Nigerian, but even as a Pakistani, u still have to go back to Pakistan to get married if you don't have right to stay in the UK.
Or you get married to ur gf now b4 ur student visa expires or the school cancells ur admission.
Re: 10 Year Uk Ban by romii786(m): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Study In Norway? Read This! (info, Discussion And Advice) / About Singapore! / Thousands Stranded As Olodo Bridge Collapses In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.