Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans (3761 Views)

How 7 Persons Died After Eating Suya & Drinking Juice In Abia (Video) / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans by Thekichin: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2019
80% of people who eats beans experience heartburn after eating it. For some people it is subtle and they can drink lots of water and milk to ease the burns, but for others, it is so severe that no amount of water or milk actually does anything.
I love beans so much and I can't do without eating it at least thrice a week, but as a child eating beans meant war for me. I remember not been able to go to school one morning cos I had heartburn from the beans I ate the previous night. Yeah, it was that bad until I found a solution.
I discovered that not having heartburn after eating beans is dependent on how the beans is cooked.
So here is a step by step direction on how to cook your beans so you can enjoy it without the fear of heartburn.

1. Soak ur beans in water for abt 5mins before putting into the boiling water on the fire.

2. Parboil your beans: Once the beans comes to the boil, seive out the water. Add another water and put it back on the fire. Do this abt three times before adding the final water for it to cook properly.

3. When you have added the final water, add lots of onions, as much as u like.
Note: always slice your onions for ur beans round and flat not diced or chopped. The sliced onions you put while the beans is boiling helps it cook better and faster. You can add you chopped onions as spice when you are adding other spice later.

4. Allow your beans boil well. Beans needs patience to cook well. If u eat beans that is not well cooked, u most likely can't run away from having heartburn. So allow it time to cook well.

NOTE: if u want to really enjoy ur beans, cook it a night before the day you need it. Boil the beans till its cooked, let it have a little water in it, leave it covered in the pot till the next morning.
The next day, put the pot of beans back on the fire, let it boil well, add all ur other ingredients apart from your red oil, let it boil well. Then finally add ur red oil. When it's boiled, turn with a wooden spoon. Turning ur beans with a metal spoon makes it burn quickly.

5. If u can add any fresh green vegetable of you choice to your beans, Ugu preferably, it kinda works better with beans.

I hope this helps you when you try it out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans by RevolutionX: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
I'm trying this out today, hope it works.
I love beans but can't eat it due to heartburn.
Used to cause protruded tummy as a child but it seems that stopped except the heartburn.

Will share my results after observation.
Re: How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans by RevolutionX: 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
This worked �
Re: How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans by captainbangz: 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
I do experience this too, will try the ops method out. I have always thought about draining the water and adding again.
Re: How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2022
What i do personally that has worked for years is to pick the beans and soak it for at least an hour in water (not hot water).

The water purifies the beans from the fertilizers and preservatives, you can see the change in the colour of the water.

Gently wash the beans like 3 times to prevent peeling the back. Then add in water and cook your beans.

No heartburn, no farting, no uncomfort.

Enjoy your beans.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Correct Bush Meat In Lagos. / Nigerian Pepper Lovers: What's Your Favourite Spicy Dish? / Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.