Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice (3911 Views)

When You Mix Ghana And Nigerian Jollof Rice (Video) / Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / Tanzanian Lady: "Ghanaian Jollof Rice Is Better Than Nigerian Jollof Rice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
When I make it, it either comes out too soggy or it gets burnt cry cry. How do you make the perfect jollof rice?
Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by TrishaP(f): 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
There are different and fastest methods of preparing jollof rice. My way..

Ok this is how I make mine and it doesn't get burnt in this process.

I first of parboil my rice and keep...

Next I prepare all the necessary ingredients that I'll use in the meal..

Ingredients include: Smoked Fish,meat snail and crayfish.. Tomatoes(Fresh and tin), carrots, bay leaf, maggi, salt, Groundnut oil, Pepper(Dried or Fresh, but I always prefer fresh), Curry and time etc.

I'll season my fish, meat, snail and boil, then I cut my snail into smaller sizes to make my rice look busy.

Then I'll use a bigger pot (because of the many ingredients, and jollof rice needs enough space to cook well, and with that it won't burn so easily)

Pour the already boiled rice into the pot, put the sliced pepper, carrots, tomatoes(fresh and tin), bayleaves(to give it a nice aroma), maggi, curry and thyme, Pour little groundnut oil and water. Stir every together and set to boil.

When the rice is almost soft, add salt to test. That's it.

The major reason I chose this method is because those frying process makes my food burn quickly.

1 Like

Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by aristocrazzy: 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
Your mom should know better;
Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
aristocrazzy:
Your mom should know better;
Just saying.
u are a he-goat. why bring my mom into this? nah, ur mamma shoulda known better than to raise a fool like u.

6 Likes

Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
TrishaP:
There are different and fastest methods of preparing jollof rice. My way..

Ok this is how I make mine and it doesn't get burnt in this process.

I first of parboil my rice and keep...

Next I prepare all the necessary ingredients that I'll use in the meal..

Ingredients include: Smoked Fish,meat snail and crayfish.. Tomatoes(Fresh and tin), carrots, bay leaf, maggi, salt, Groundnut oil, Pepper(Dried or Fresh, but I always prefer fresh), Curry and time etc.

I'll season my fish, meat, snail and boil, then I cut my snail into smaller sizes to make my rice look busy.

Then I'll use a bigger pot (because of the many ingredients, and jollof rice needs enough space to cook well, and with that it won't burn so easily)

Pour the already boiled rice into the pot, put the sliced pepper, carrots, tomatoes(fresh and tin), bayleaves(to give it a nice aroma), maggi, curry and thyme, Pour little groundnut oil and water. Stir every together and set to boil.

When the rice is almost soft, add salt to test. That's it.

The major reason I chose this method is because those frying process makes my food burn quickly.

thank u, o jare. u took the time to
help. omo daadaa!!

kiss
Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by TrishaP(f): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
aflyingbird:
thank u, o jare. u took the time to
help. omo daadaa!!

kiss
Your welcome
Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 10, 2015
aflyingbird:
When I make it, it either comes out too soggy or it gets burnt cry cry. How do you make the perfect jollof rice?

how do you prepare it?
do you parboil first?
Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
alutacontinua:

how do you prepare it?
do you parboil first?
yea, i parboil first, then add the pepper mixture in a pot, let cook for a few minutes then add the rice undecided undecided undecided
Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by samyan12: 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
D key to preventing the rice from burning is cook it under low heat, immediately the rice starts to boil,i reduce yhe heat and cover the pot with a newspaper. Thus will enable it steam.and would prevent it from getting soggy too just dont overload it with water.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
aflyingbird:

yea, i parboil first, then add the pepper mixture in a pot, let cook for a few minutes then add the rice undecided undecided undecided

when you mix the rice and stew, add little water....better if the water ain't enough than too much. Mix the rice and stew first, then, your meat-stock. Let the water be on the same level with the rice, or not even up to. Cover and let cook on moderate heat.

1 Like

Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
y does bay leaf make jollof rice bitter? do u put it in d rice in d beginning or at d end?
Re: Teach Me How To Make The Perfect Jollof Rice by smadalove(f): 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
if u nid to put bay leave in rice just put 2 leaf or 3 leaf...u don't nid to put many ..it wud get bitter if u put plenty bay leaf....den 4 d cooking of jollof rice dat hs always worked 4 mi........
the 1st tin I do is I put veg oil in d pot den I fry my tin tomato (Gino sachet tomato) my ground pepper I would av boiled it ...den I pour d boiled pepper n pour my curry ,Tyne,bay leaves ,maggi, salt .den fry d pepper..after I pour my stock water,(beef,turkey,0r chicken) ..make it to boil den I wash my rice den pour it inside.... den add more water to make it soft ...if u notice it bin soggy or if water is still around d rice wen d water dries up...den u can open ur pot 4 10 mins after switching of the gas...den u c d rice s OK n beta n nt soggy ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Sell Original Unadulterated Honey.... Contact Us Now on 081 01666 771 / Ladies, Would You Like To Marry A Good Cook? / Goat Meat Peppersoup Vs Catfish Peppersoup: Which Would You Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.