Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer (636 Views)

How To Register Your Business With CAC Without An Agent / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by oamuyi(m): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
The business ideas in your head can be brought alive and working assiduously for you only if you can take the bold steps of moving from just-ideas-in-the-head onto reality by putting a legal face to the business, thereby doing the registration of your business name by yourself without the help of a lawyer.

People will take you and your business serious when they see the legitimacy of the business.

Get the right advise and move from nothing to something this year. #cheers
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by oamuyi(m): 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
So you want to open a business and you know nothing of how to get started, well NO WORRIES.
You do not need to find a lawyer, a chartered Accountant or an agent. All you need is an ATM Master Card and an internet connection. The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) now has an on line portal that makes life easy for all potential entrepreneurs and Businessmen in Nigeria.

To register A company the first step is to

STEP 1: Search for availability of Name - Visit http://services.cac.gov.ng/ sign up as a new customer and provide all necessary details accurately. Once you are properly signed in click on 'Name availability Search' type in two names that are creative and uncommon as your proposed business name and try to avoid cliché names. Fill the form with your best Email address and Phone number and submit the form when done. The submission of the form would costs N500 and can be paid using you master card, visa card, verve card, on line banking etc.
The name search would take one to two working days to be approved or disapproved or declined. If disapproved try again With a different and more unique name but if declined you will need to start all over again.

STEP 2: Register the Business name - Once your name has been approved the next step is to register the business name. Log in to your account with CAC and once logged in click on 'action' and download the the letter of approval from the CAC portal, open it and take note of the approval number.
Go back to the website, Click on 'Registration' on the top left of the webpage select business name and paste the number from the approval document on the space provided click on enter. Ensure you know the nature of the business, proprietors of the business and all other relevant information accurately. NOTE: You can 'save and exit' the form at any point where you have difficulties.

Fill the form Accurately avoid Mistakes as a Correction would cost you more money and waste your Time.
Now one important thing is[i] When asked if you need additional copies of Certified true copy and documents, select Zero as this is applicable to only those who are registering a limited liability company.[/i]

Submit the form and Pay N5,000 for the business name using your ATM card. You would be given a form to submit to the CAC office in your selection.

STEP 3: Physical Submission - Download and print and make two photocopies of
- All receipt of payment from Remitta and CAC,
- The approval of business name document
- The form you received upon payment for business name
Take these documents with two passport Photographs, submit for filing with CAC.

Finally your business name certificate will be given to you and you signed out successfully.

#cheers

I hope this information was helpful to you. Leave a comment and tell me how it goes for you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by highfeeclassic(m): 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2019
Thank you for this information, I would like to know, which company registration required one director ?
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by Chukabiz(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2019
Nice one. Didn't know it is still at 5k.
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by oamuyi(m): 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
Chukabiz:
Nice one.
Didn't know it is still at 5k.

Yes. The due date for the 50% off business name registration has been extended to 31st March 2019. Hurry up!
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by oamuyi(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
highfeeclassic:
Thank you for this information, I would like to know, which company registration required one director ?

I hope this helps?!

Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by azelab: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
please can someone that just want to set up register first without setting it up first.
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by blackmanothysef: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tanx op.
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by Seunannointing: 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2019
oamuyi:
So you want to open a business and you know nothing of how to get started, well NO WORRIES.
You do not need to find a lawyer, a chartered Accountant or an agent. All you need is an ATM Master Card and an internet connection. The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) now has an on line portal that makes life easy for all potential entrepreneurs and Businessmen in Nigeria.

To register A company the first step is to

STEP 1: Search for availability of Name - Visit http://services.cac.gov.ng/ sign up as a new customer and provide all necessary details accurately. Once you are properly signed in click on 'Name availability Search' type in two names that are creative and uncommon as your proposed business name and try to avoid cliché names. Fill the form with your best Email address and Phone number and submit the form when done. The submission of the form would costs N500 and can be paid using you master card, visa card, verve card, on line banking etc.
The name search would take one to two working days to be approved or disapproved or declined. If disapproved try again With a different and more unique name but if declined you will need to start all over again.

STEP 2: Register the Business name - Once your name has been approved the next step is to register the business name. Log in to your account with CAC and once logged in click on 'action' and download the the letter of approval from the CAC portal, open it and take note of the approval number.
Go back to the website, Click on 'Registration' on the top left of the webpage select business name and paste the number from the approval document on the space provided click on enter. Ensure you know the nature of the business, proprietors of the business and all other relevant information accurately. NOTE: You can 'save and exit' the form at any point where you have difficulties.

Fill the form Accurately avoid Mistakes as a Correction would cost you more money and waste your Time.
Now one important thing is[i] When asked if you need additional copies of Certified true copy and documents, select Zero as this is applicable to only those who are registering a limited liability company.[/i]

Submit the form and Pay N5,000 for the business name using your ATM card. You would be given a form to submit to the CAC office in your selection.

STEP 3: Physical Submission - Download and print and make two photocopies of
- All receipt of payment from Remitta and CAC,
- The approval of business name document
- The form you received upon payment for business name
Take these documents with two passport Photographs, submit for filing with CAC.

Finally your business name certificate will be given to you and you signed out successfully.

#cheers

I hope this information was helpful to you. Leave a comment and tell me how it goes for you.

Please help with your phone number, I can call when I encounter problem
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by oamuyi(m): 8:39am On Mar 02, 2019
Seunannointing:

Please help with your phone number, I can call when I encounter problem

Please send email to shevrun@outlook.com
I will always be @ your rescue.

Cheers.
Re: How To Open A Business Name With N5,000 With CAC without a help from a Lawyer by oamuyi(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2019
azelab:
please can someone that just want to set up register first without setting it up first.

Very well

(1) (Reply)

Join Us And Start Earning N500,000 Monthly As Real Estate Consultant / (photos) Petrocam Trading Nigeria Limited Opens Ninth Solar Powered Filling Stat / Scam Alert! Scam Alert! Beware Of Onoja Michael Otene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.