Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals (1422 Views)

Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected / Putin Warns US, NATO Not To Interfere Or Face Consequences / Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Pascchal: 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
� *HS80*: *Putin Warns US �� With New Missiles � Aimed at Western Capitals*

Russia's President Vladimir Putin warned the United States against deploying new missiles in Europe, threatening to retaliate in kind by targeting Western capitals with his own new weaponry.

Delivering a state of the nation address, Putin said the US abandoned a key arms control pact - the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty - to free its hands to build new missiles and tried to shift the blame for the move on Russia.

Many analysts say abandoning the treaty effectively signalled the start of a new arms race.

The longtime Russian leader warned Washington against deploying any new missiles in Europe following the collapse of the key Cold War-era treaty, saying Moscow would consider it a "serious threat".

"I'm saying this clearly and openly, Russia will be forced to deploy weapons that can be used... against the decision-making centres that are behind the missile systems which threaten us," Putin said.

"The capability of such weapons, including the time to reach those centres, will be equivalent to the threats against Russia."

He did not say what specific new weapons Moscow could deploy, but he reported quick progress on an array of new systems presented a year ago.

The INF deal was signed in 1987 by then US president Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev and resolved a crisis over Soviet nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles targeting Western capitals.

To read full article - http://v.duta.us/CpJqnAAA
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
Vladimir Putin my political role model and mentor. I so much love and admire this man. Currently the world most powerful Man.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Viergeachar: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Vladimir Putin my political role model and mentor. I so much love and admire this man. Currently the world most powerful Man

Not anymore.
Trump is!

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
Viergeachar:

Not anymore.
Trump is!

hahahaha.. Trump is Putin boy na. Abi have u forgotten Russia role in making Trump president today??
Besides who controls most of the mass nuclear weapons today??
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
Russia and dia wahala self..wen will the world know peace....against U.S. again?I thought una help trump rig election, so why the quarrel. ...Na wa oo
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Viergeachar: 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

hahahaha.. Trump is Putin boy na. Abi have u forgotten Russia role in making Trump president today??

The past is past.

Who talks more is more jittery. Putin issuing threats here and there shows that the tide is changing.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
Viergeachar:

The past is past.

Who talks more is more jittery. Putin issuing threats here and there shows that the tide is changing.

Putin is a reserved man. And he doesn't talks too much. Well, let's see how it all plays out. Because Putin don't just issue threats. He is talk and do.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by SIRTee15: 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

And Putin was behind the settlement of America and North Korea.

Guy it's Trump o...
See has he's making a mockery of American democratic institutions.....
He sacked the attorney General when the later opened an investigation of electoral fraud against him....
He called a former white house staff a dog....
He banned CNN reporters from white house press room....
He declared a national emergency just because he wants to build a wall.....
See the way he's handling China as regards trade war....
Trump is proving to be a man of his own words in a nation of strong democratic values....
Russia has got weak democratic system thus it's easy for a dictator to have its way.....
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

You guys are overrating Russia, you know nothing about the USA when it comes to weapons. Obama might be a sissy with what he had but Trump isn't. Wait until sh1ts start happening and you'll find out who the porks are.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
MajorJeffery:
You guys are overrating Russia, you know nothing about the USA when it comes to weapons. Obama might be a sissy with what he had but Trump isn't. Wait until sh1ts start happening and you'll find out who the porks are.

loool
You just said Russia is being overrated??. I won't talk much. If you've been following the latest events on these world powers. You won't say such about Russia bro
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by NothingDoMe: 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
Viergeachar:

The past is past.

Exactly. That's why I love the United States. They won't showcase any weapons. They will just be looking at you......until you fire. Then you will understand why they are the world super power.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by NothingDoMe: 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
Viergeachar:

The past is past.

Exactly. That's why I love the United States. They won't showcase any weapons. They will just be looking at you......until you fire or attempt to fire. Then you will understand why they are the world super power.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Jlow2: 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

when the opportunity presents its self to travel to any of d countries make sure u chose russia.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
Jlow2:
when the opportunity presents its self to travel to any of d countries make sure u chose russia.

lool
Bros why na.. I was only talking on who is more powerful as a president. Even though I would love to visit Russia someday ( just that the racism towards blacks is too high). But America is bae. lool
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by slivertongue: 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
Putin is joking
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Charmingrascal(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
War of Armergedeon is almost here
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

loool
You just said Russia is being overrated??. I won't talk much. If you've been following the latest events on these world powers. You won't say such about Russia bro
I tell you again, Russia's military might is peanut compared to the US. That America values the lives of its citizens and mourns over the loss of even one lost soul shouldn't make people think the country is weak. The world will know what America can do if Russia dares carry out any threat on American soil.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by seunny4lif(m): 7:58am On Feb 21, 2019
MajorJeffery:
I tell you again, Russia's military might is peanut compared to the US. That America values the lives of its citizens and mourns over the loss of even one lost soul shouldn't make people think the country is weak. The world will know what America can do if Russia dares carry out any threat on American soil.
Did you read the news upside down?
US wanted to place nuclear missiles in Europe and Russia should not do anything right?
Any average American has never see a war before, NAZIs is what I called America government today.
That’s how they believed USSR was weak and we all know the result.
The biggest mistake Stalin did was that he never believed his generals, when they told him about Hilter massive military buildup along USSR borders.
That’s the mistake even Putin will never repeat.
Russians have survived war within the last 200 years just like France and Germany.
The Americans have never see a real war against a power country before.
A war between US and Russia will be nuclear and most people you are seeing here shouting USA will be the first set of people to run to Mexico and the next ship to their village in Nigeria.
Most people you see in US today, will be the first to move back to their countries.
Only the real Americans are native Americans.
Go to Russia or Germany and you will understand how people can lay down their lives for their countries.
Peace out

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2019
seunny4lif:

US wanted to place nuclear missiles in Europe and Russia should not do anything right?
Any average American has never see a war before, NAZIs is what I called America government today.
The biggest mistake Stalin did was that he never believed his generals, when they told him about Hilter massive military buildup along USSR borders.
Russians have survived war within the last 200 years just like France and Germany.
A war between US and Russia will be nuclear and most people you are seeing here shouting USA will be the first set of people to run to Mexico and the next ship to their village in Nigeria.
Most people you see in US today, will be the first to move back to their countries.
Go to Russia or Germany and you will understand how people can lay down their lives for their countries.
Peace out
Oga, I'm in no way supporting the double standards of American govt if there's any, all I was saying is that Russia will know that the true democracy in America is not a sign of weakness if they dare do sh1t. You talk about people running away in the face of war, it means you know nothing about the American spirit. Americans aren't stupid to die for a useless cause just like some Arabs will do but when it comes to defending that blue, red and white flag, they'll rather choose honor than life.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Sawzer(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2019
seunny4lif:

Peace out

Burst my head grin
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Temple1288(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2019
You don't see America displaying weapons openly.. But hey, American Military strength can do wonders. Although I'd be derailing from the argument, Venezuela should understand that if their country is used as a battlefield, they'd be the ones to lose and in the end America will just ban them.

As for Putin, I used to think he's such a 'Talk and Do!! Not anymore. Putin makes these countries trust and believe him but immediately the war starts, Russian Soldiers will all go on ghost mode! I think he's using the brains of a lot of them.
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Temple1288(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2019
seunny4lif:

Peace out

I know people like to say that the Native Inuit were the real Americans. But, let me tell you something there was NO America 10,000–15,000 years ago when the Inuit arrived. The land mass was here, but the conceptual nation-state did not exist. The people who largely founded America were the English and Scottish settlers who later founded much of Americas fine institutions of business, government, culture, and socialite activities. Those are the real “original” Americans. As we know later, that was expanded to Germans, Irish, West Africans, Indians, Scandinavians, Italians, etc. The real Americans are the ones who founded this country. That is just reality.

Showing off of weapons doesn't mean one can win wars! America did that against Vietnam and lost!
But I bet you, Russia will only make threats and warning!
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by seunny4lif(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2019
gringrin
MajorJeffery:
Oga, I'm in no way supporting the double standards of American govt if there's any, all I was saying is that Russia will know that the true democracy in America is not a sign of weakness if they dare do sh1t. You talk about people running away in the face of war, it means you know nothing about the American spirit. Americans aren't stupid to die for a useless cause just like some Arabs will do but when it comes to defending that blue, red and white flag, they'll rather choose honor than life.
I laughed in Chinese
Which Americans?You watched too much movies my friend.
Which Democracy are talking about?
America is not practicing at Democracy.
How many people are killed every month in US compared to Russia.
Russia system of government has been going on for over 200 years and Russia is historically more far older than US.
US is an immigrant country meaning people will move away just like Germans and Italians supported their countries before the war against USSR only to run away with ships to South America when USSR troops destroyed the German best troops.
USSR people mainly Russians defeated Nazi

2 Likes

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2019
Too many ignoramuses on this thread. If a war should occur between Russia and USA, it's likely to be a nuclear one and that will be the beginning of the end of the world.
The US pulled out of the INF treaty because of the technological sophistication of the Russian missiles which they're are yet to catch with. Another reason was that China (which was not part of the treaty) is making a great advancement in nuclear technology.

To all the fools praying for war between Russia and the US, you will never live to tell the story to your kids grin because that will lead to the extinction of the human race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by seunny4lif(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
cool
Europeans killed more than 12 millions Native America in their own land and you are here talking about nobody was in America 10,000 years
You need to read history before you are talking what you don’t know.
US start existing just over 200 years old while the main owners of the land Native Americans have been their for over thousands of years

Putin don’t bark like Americans leaders.
He act when need e.g Syria war, Crimea
Temple1288:

I know people like to say that the Native Inuit were the real Americans. But, let me tell you something there was NO America 10,000–15,000 years ago when the Inuit arrived. The land mass was here, but the conceptual nation-state did not exist. The people who largely founded America were the English and Scottish settlers who later founded much of Americas fine institutions of business, government, culture, and socialite activities. Those are the real “original” Americans. As we know later, that was expanded to Germans, Irish, West Africans, Indians, Scandinavians, Italians, etc. The real Americans are the ones who founded this country. That is just reality.

Showing off of weapons doesn't mean one can win wars! America did that against Vietnam and lost!
But I bet you, Russia will only make threats and warning!
Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by Jkay187(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
MajorJeffery:
Americans aren't stupid to die for a useless cause just like some Arabs will do but when it comes to defending that blue, red and white flag, they'll rather choose honor than life.

I guess Vietnam, Korean War and now Afghanistan were all worthy causes to die for even though they never won or can subdue the Taliban today.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by seunny4lif(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2019
Jkay187:

I guess Vietnam, Korean War and now Afghanistan were all worthy causes to die for even though they never won or can subdue the Taliban today.
Gbam
I’m still surprised CIA and FBI haven’t able to arrest Edward Snowden because according to fake Hollywood movies CIA and FBI can walk pass Russia securities at the Airports and go inside Moscow and arrest anyone and take them to USA grin grin

Re: Putin Warns US With New Missiles Aimee At Western Capitals by tillaman(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
seunny4lif:

Peace out
seconded!! Well said homes!

(1) (Reply)

Video Collection Of 2020 US Election Fraud / Hypocrisy In The Israel Palestine Debate / Russia Invents Combat Suits That Withstands Bomb Explosion (video.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.