Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,173 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism (56772 Views)

Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / Woman Complains Of Everyday Sex From Husband, Runs (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
john650:

No, racism is worse. In Nigeria, people generally respect you even if they despise your ethnic group. But in the whiteman's land, they generally don't respect a black person. While it is frowned upon to call people derogatory names, they still find ways to do it. Racism is institutionalised, meaning that as long as the African continent is still struggling with development, the whiteman's sees the blackman as an extension of the Continent's backwardness. Also remember that black people at a time were sold as slaves to Europeans and in the Americas. Although the practice has since stopped, they still see the blackman as a lower being. No matter how succesful you've become in Europe or America, the whiteman will still look down on you as being inferior and not worthy to be respected.

You are discriminated on jobs, housing, at times, even simple things like going to visit a friend in a neighbourhood where there are no blacks. The police will show up out of nowhere and start asking you silly questions like why you are there as if you have come to steal something.
I have lived in white neighborhood all my stay in USA especially. I have realized that with those guys, you are addressed as you are dressed. I have received more favors from whites than blacks and I have been called derogatory names by blacks, than whites I have come in contact with .

Long story short, blacks who complain of racism are mostly racist themselves. I usually tell them to look themselves in the mirror, one time I worked for southern gentle man who treated everyone with respect. Before we knew it the most favored staff accused him of racism and investigation followed.

Finally, it was determined that he was favored amongst all the staffs, besides the fact he occupied a position he's not qualified for, there was no evidence the man called him any derogatory names or any of us at that .

In 2010 I was denied a scholarship that I was over qualified for. The only criteria then is that you have to be a Nigerian, score certain points in SAT, and toefl. In addition be admitted to Maine Maritime Academy. I got all that. Yet I was denied, only to find out the 20 positions were filled by northern Nigeria.

In USA however, I got all that was due to me and more. Even one time I found myself in a financial aid office where a white guy was denied aid cause he did not qualify yet I got it in full.

The black problem is embedded within them, the white man has no business with that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2019
sonsonny:
I thought that in Europe people are tolerant. sad

grin grin grin
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 12:01am On Feb 22, 2019
I volunteer to sponsor her trip to Nigeria! cool
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2019
Didi2d:
There is nothing I love more than half cast

Er... “half caste” is a racist term. shocked
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 12:08am On Feb 22, 2019
brainhgeek:

What exactly is she lamenting? That she's called a negra or a Nigerian?
She sounded like she does not like being called a Nigerian. Is it a dent on her person?

“Negra” is NOT Nigerian. It is more like nigger or negro...
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Well you are just ignorant and uninformed

I think he’s being sarcastic.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Zanziman: 12:17am On Feb 22, 2019
Her destiny dey Nigeria. See as she fine like fresh juice.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by PAQ(m): 12:24am On Feb 22, 2019
She should just sulk it up and live here beautiful life abeg. I wonder why people allow name calling to be such an issue. Racism is everywhere. Negra sounds nice sef. Let her try visit some parts of Nigeria, the name calling is endless; Oyinbo, Bature, Yellow Paw-paw, Afi, Pinawei, unfortunate white.... It goes on. And blacks get angry when called "Niggers"!?
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 12:44am On Feb 22, 2019
Netanyahu1:
I have lived in white neighborhood all my stay in USA especially. I have realized that with those guys, you are addressed as you are dressed. I have received more favors from whites than blacks and I have been called derogatory names by blacks, than whites I have come in contact with .

Long story short, blacks who complain of racism are mostly racist themselves. I usually tell them to look themselves in the mirror, one time I worked for southern gentle man who treated everyone with respect. Before we knew it the most favored staff accused him of racism and investigation followed.

Finally, it was determined that he was favored amongst all the staffs, besides the fact he occupied a position he's not qualified for, there was no evidence the man called him any derogatory names or any of us at that .

In 2010 I was denied a scholarship that I was over qualified for. The only criteria then is that you have to be a Nigerian, score certain points in SAT, and toefl. In addition be admitted to Maine Maritime Academy. I got all that. Yet I was denied, only to find out the 20 positions were filled by northern Nigeria.

In USA however, I got all that was due to me and more. Even one time I found myself in a financial aid office where a white guy was denied aid cause he did not qualify yet I got it in full.

The black problem is embedded within them, the white man has no business with that.

Abegi, enough with ephemeral overgeneralizations. undecided

Racism is (and has always been) real and alive in these United States! In fact, Nigerians had voted in at least 3 national elections before African-Americans were granted the right of universal suffrage pursuant to the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and while Nigerians were busy jostling for the highest political and professional positions in the land, African-Americans were still being lynched in public squares and made to suffer the indignity of separate facilities while being refused service at department stores and lunch counters and accommodation in hotels as well as being denied admission to state schools under nefarious Jim Crow laws.

Not only is it therefore the legacy of the literal blood sweat and tears of African-Americans that many of the benefits Nigerians/Africans enjoy today in the US accrue from, but also it was the tireless and vigorous campaign of African-Americans for a more racially-diverse immigration system that led to the Diversity Visa Lottery that brought so many Nigerians/Africans to the US. So please don’t be so arrogant not to acknowledge the reality of African-Americans in the US - and not just the crude street racism but the more insidious institutionalized racism.

1 Like

Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 12:49am On Feb 22, 2019
PAQ:
She should just sulk it up and live here beautiful life abeg. I wonder why people allow name calling to be such an issue. Racism is everywhere. Negra sounds nice sef. Let her try visit some parts of Nigeria, the name calling is endless; Oyinbo, Bature, Yellow Paw-paw, Afi, Pinawei, unfortunate white.... It goes on. And blacks get angry when called "Niggers"!?

She may well be called all that, but she is unlikely to be treated poorly...
It’s not about what you are called (African-Americans call each other “nigga”) but what it means contextually.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 22, 2019
9jaRealist:

Abegi, enough with ephemeral overgeneralizations. undecided

Racism is (and has always been) real and alive in these United States! In fact, Nigerians had voted in at least 3 national elections before African-Americans were granted the right of universal suffrage pursuant to the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and while Nigerians were busy jostling for the highest political and professional positions in the land, African-Americans were still being lynched in public squares and made to suffer the indignity of separate facilities while being refused service at department stores and lunch counters and accommodation in hotels as well as being denied admission to state schools under nefarious Jim Crow laws.

Not only is it therefore the legacy of the literal blood sweat and tears of African-Americans that many of the benefits Nigerians/Africans enjoy today in the US accrue from, but also it was the tireless and vigorous campaign of African-Americans for a more racially-diverse immigration system that led to the Diversity Visa Lottery that brought so many Nigerians/Africans to the US. So please don’t be so arrogant not to acknowledge the reality of African-Americans in the US - and not just the crude street racism but the more insidious institutionalized racism.

It's so funny how Nigerians are leaving their free and just country in droves to go live in a well and long established racist nation like United States. Listen to yourself.

Until black people in America let go their past and face the future, they would always be running from the shadows of racism. It's a good thing most whites a beginning to concentrate on facts and realities on ground as opposed to emotional blackmail coming from blacks.

If not for facts and careful investigation your statistics would also included smollet's case. But with time, race hustlers would be left to live in their 17th century bubble.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Daboomb: 1:42am On Feb 22, 2019
sonsonny:

All white people are naturally racist, it's in their blood.
But this lady should marry a Nigerian so that she can be full blood Nigerian or is she racist towards Nigerians as well?
l suspect she hates her mother for not being "white".

1 Like

Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Daboomb: 1:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Netanyahu1:
It's so funny how Nigerians are leaving their free and just country in droves to go live in a well and long established racist nation like United States. Listen to yourself.

Until black people in America let go their past and face the future, they would always be running from the shadows of racism. It's a good thing most whites a beginning to concentrate on facts and realities on ground as opposed to emotional blackmail coming from blacks.

If not for facts and careful investigation your statistics would also included smollet's case. But with time, race hustlers would be left to live in their 17th century bubble.

You are speaking from your own "tiny, life experience and exposure".
No one can blame you for your myopic contribution undecided

1 Like

Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Daboomb: 1:48am On Feb 22, 2019
9jaRealist:

Er... “half caste” is a racist term. shocked
It is not a racism term bro.
In actual fact, apart from being a "description" of one's parentage, it is considered a "chic and endearing " term.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Daboomb: 1:55am On Feb 22, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Good for you that you have never experienced racism.
Some like you, are lucky but it is only a question of time.
But to blame those who have, as being the cause, is so naive, "blissfully ignorant" and self derogatory.

It's like blaming all rapes victims, for the rape,!
Don't generalise because not all stories are the same.

2 Likes

Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by seangy4konji: 1:59am On Feb 22, 2019
Make i just see your pant steal?over 1 million negras here waiting to steal ur pata. One pata like 20 Benz...better Italian pata.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Nobody: 2:08am On Feb 22, 2019
Daboomb:

You are speaking from your own "tiny, life experience and exposure".
No one can blame you for your myopic contribution undecided
Myopic? I understand that race hustling is profitable, and in high demand, but over supply causes saturation, if you doubt me ask Jussie smollets.

Self derogatory? Whenever you need to say that word just say Africa, or people wallowing in self destruction while blaming others.

Make your choices and live with the consequences. Nothing is more just than that.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Coker302(f): 2:35am On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by ireneidiva(f): 3:17am On Feb 22, 2019
justscorchone:
Doesn’t seem like she wants to embrace being nigerian
How is she Nigerian please?
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 3:30am On Feb 22, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Abegi, quit making childish Strawman's Arguments. undecided

While my point was limited to enlightening the dude who was rather dismissive of African-Americans complaining about racism in their own country, it's actually not mutually-exclusive for both Nigeria and the US to not be "just and fair" to all of their respective citizens. SMDH
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 3:36am On Feb 22, 2019
Daboomb:

It is not a racism term bro.
In actual fact, apart from being a "description" of one's parentage, it is considered a "chic and endearing " term.

It's is a racist (or racially-offensive) term. undecided

The proper descriptive term is "mixed-race". Half-caste is generally considered more offensive because it implies that the person is 'half pure' (with the connotation being that the white half is the pure half).
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 3:37am On Feb 22, 2019
Daboomb:

Good for you that you have never experienced racism.
Some like you, are lucky but it is only a question of time.
But to blame those who have, as being the cause, is so naive, "blissfully ignorant" and self derogatory.

It's like blaming all rapes victims, for the rape,!
Don't generalise because not all stories are the same.

Well said!
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by 9jaRealist: 3:49am On Feb 22, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Have you heard of Morton Downey, Jr.? How about the Boston doctor that shot and killed his wife but reported that they were attacked by a Black man (before committing suicide when his tales fell apart)? Or Susan Smith who drove her two kids into a lake and drowned them, but reported that her car had been hijacked by a Black man with her kids inside it?

Not sure why you seem to think that this is the first or only instance of such false claims in the US or that they only involve alleged black victims - except perhaps you are still struggling to understand the country/society that you have fortuitously immigrated into.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by QnVee: 3:51am On Feb 22, 2019
They're just jealous of her beauty. Jealousy and envy can be worse than racism. Men are mean cause they can't have her lest she turn to whoredom and women are catty and competitive and don't want her around.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by chuckjonesbaba(m): 4:20am On Feb 22, 2019
Anagha123:
This one is claiming Nigeria.
Why not come to Nigeria and you will realise many are praying that God should just let them enter Libya. Racism na small thin for where my people they as far I they make money.

We the Igbos have been undergoing worse than that for more than 50 years
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Eroms4life17(m): 4:37am On Feb 22, 2019
sonsonny:
How wrong you are!
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by zoedew: 5:10am On Feb 22, 2019
The Roman soldier and his daughter!
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 22, 2019
Netanyahu1:

That's a silly thing to say. Racism is real out there. I've been on the receiving end and I'm no racist. Just because u haven't experienced it doesn't mean others haven't, or that those who have are racists. In fact, what a stupid thing to say. Your logic makes no sense.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Neozy(m): 7:10am On Feb 22, 2019
with the way things are going, i go marry Italian last last.
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by Jhoanner(f): 7:39am On Feb 22, 2019
samsard:
WTF?? Obama is despised by American white supremacist racists & even Pogba still gets the occasional (nonetheless awful) racist bile.
You think people will totally ignore your colour simply coz you achieved success?

You dey mind am??
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by shurleybaby: 7:53am On Feb 22, 2019
Really?you think those guys don't have racists comments thrown at them.. investigate before you comment
bamysquare:
up your games and no one will make a racists comments about you....ask pogba, Obama and Kante about that
Re: Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism by sky32(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2019
Abeg do and come to nigeria...we dont discriminate against our sisters grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Finds Panty In Her Husband’s Car (Photo) / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.