Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,540 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). (39956 Views)

Idanre Hills - An Ancient Civilization On Top Of A Rock / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by queenitee(f): 9:53am On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon:
If you would like to join me on my next tour, please send a PM

Read more on my Blog @http://www.demitalks.com/my-visit-to-the-old-idanre-town-and-the-story-of-idanre-hills/
I would like to
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon:

Beer yes, at the 2nd resting point. Cigarette I'm not sure about that.
no cigarette but there is weed, fresh one,
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon:

grin grin grin
op small small o, reduce ur trip to these places, people enter voice mail anyhow now o, i live in ondo state.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Shugargal(f): 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
The OP you try eehh but your safety is my concern, not all glitters are gold. I suggest you ignore some of this private messages cuz Nigeria is something else now. talking with experience and like a typical security expert. all the best.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Shugargal(f): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
dancok:
op small small o, reduce ur trip to these places, people enter voice mail anyhow now o, i live in ondo state.
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2019
Shugargal:
The OP you try eehh but your safety is my concern, not all glitters are gold. I suggest you ignore some of this private messages cuz Nigeria is something else now. talking with experience and like a typical security expert. all the best.

Sure, I understand you. I work with a tour company now that will put together trips for those that want to go, and I would be a tour guide alongside. But, I still get to do my own travel trips alone.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
naturefellow:

I remember this stone. Quite weighty. But I carried it! cool

Nice blog. Gorgeous blogger :-)

Thanks
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
Rhea:

Hot legs everywhere grin grin cheesy cheesy

grin
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
I remember climbing the rocks here....

Or was it Olumo Rock ?

That feeling of tightness in the chest.... giddiness of low oxygen supply.

You look down and your eyes swim, wondering what sound your head will make crashing on those jagged rocks below undecided

But of course, the mountain climbing only happened in my mind

Hahahhaha...no wonder cheesy
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bamz(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
Celestial777:
My wife .....pls biko Le go and marry....before loon chop u .You too dey waka
Curious this babe cute......wetin concern me concern idanre hills....i like ur indanre laps....very smooth unlike the hills that are rough.

grin
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by kenny714433(m): 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon:
I had fun visiting this site and would love to visit again soon and probably complete all the other points of attraction I did not get to. To be honest, the place is a large expanse of land and I was literally dead tired from the hiking that I could not see all the places.

Climbing through the mountain.

The old court house...

Inside the court house.

Read more on my Blog @http://www.demitalks.com/my-visit-to-the-old-idanre-town-and-the-story-of-idanre-hills/

Seems u so my love adventure. I'll like to go with you on your next trip.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Upaka(f): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
heybeemoney:
welcome to my City... don't go until u visit, Ojimoba, Olofin forest, n Odomini koko...
...makanre oo
She can't climb ojimaba.. No way
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by TheCOOLEST(m): 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
Erm, pls how can 1 plan to visit the place? I wan2 visit the place with my friends(a student of FUTA)
Is it that we can go just any day we wish to or some1 has to go and make findings 1st b4 all of us go
And like how much would b the cost of visiting the place?
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by 1stNumeroUno: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
I was at this hill sometime in 2012.

Nice place, great history, poor management. I wish our government can improve it to UNESCO standard.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by ttmax09(m): 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
Bbsharon:
Entry passage to the resort comes with an entrance fee of 1000 and then you have to pay your tour guide a particular fee you both agree on for his/her service. I was told by my tour guide the site has been renovated from time to time to make it more appealing to tourist. More works can still be done though to make it more attractive like having an art centre or a mini cultural centre or market for tourist to buy Nigerian made crafts and arts. More-so, the guide I was assigned was not really into the job, I didn't feel the African passion in him. But, he was at least knowledgeable about the place, that I was okay with. They are hotels around at affordable prices for people willing to stay over and enjoy the town a little more before leaving.

Entrance to the ancient palace...

The old courtyard where built by the missionary...it has an extension for prison yard also.

Good job op i just visited ur blog and i must say am interested in that igbo olodumare. Do you organize any group tour to that forest. secondly there is this story of 7 great hunters that my hostel patron do tell us back then in boarding school. I remembered when i came across the name akogun and oluhunoyin on ur blog. Pls what's the name of that book and was it also written by pa fagunwa. Pardon any error in my Yoruba words. Cheers
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by charlie42(m): 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
After reading this post I feel like visiting this unique location.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by olatommy7(m): 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
This is my home town, my dad happens to be a palace chief!!
Enjoy your stay please!!
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 04, 2019
Nice visit. I won't ever go there again tho.

But I can visit Ikogosi a hundred times
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Toluobaeko11: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2019
slimthugchimee2:
Yoruba people and their dirty looking towns and cities, villages in the east are not as bad as this angry
Because you started building houses not more than 100 years ago. You build with leaves and covered your unclothedness with leaves, while the Yoruba have started establishing kingdoms 1000 years ago, you were still scattered in the bush wandering around.
Our old buildings are one of the symbols of our old civilization. We're always proud of the old buildings, we're proud of our rich tradition, we're proud of our culture. I'm proud to be an AKURE BOY, I'm proud to be OMO YORUBA, and I'm proud to be OMO ODUDUWA. MI O NI FI OWO OSI JUWE ILE BABA TO BI MI LOMO!!!
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by showbiz4all27(m): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2019
Bbsharon:
If you would like to join me on my next tour, please send a PM

Read more on my Blog @http://www.demitalks.com/my-visit-to-the-old-idanre-town-and-the-story-of-idanre-hilkls/

I can relate. I was there in September 2011. Will love to visit soon again.

The 667 steps make some ladies cried then but funnily enough they never stopped climbing.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:42am On Mar 05, 2019
5thElement:
Nice. If you wan enter any cave this time around abeg call me first OK? Make I bring my camping gear come join you for this wonderful excursion.

Okay grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:42am On Mar 05, 2019
spirul77:
I'm more interested on where you changed your pants to shorts

I didn't change it. I just converted it. If I wanted to do that still, they are places around to do it.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:43am On Mar 05, 2019
Sicozone:
Great trip and picstories.

We could plan a NL trip to places like this. Give us heads up when next you plan to move.

Thank you, okay.
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:43am On Mar 05, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Please, what would be the total cost for one staying in Lagos and intends to join the next tour?

I will send you a pm

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:44am On Mar 05, 2019
Ebooksman2019:
I will like to go on your next tour.
pls chat me up

Okay
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:44am On Mar 05, 2019
korede2016:
Good one girl.. I have bath inside the arun river and even swim under water through a small mountain inside the river to burst out in the other side.. You should try to get to the place where the hand writing of a hen on the mountain too.. I happens to know these because I have son of the soil as friends there and I do go there for business. Don't forget the ark of Noah and the invisible leg that expand... Good luck in your tour.

Nice adventure there wink
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:47am On Mar 05, 2019
Picienza:

When is the next one? I don't want to visit any fetish site though. On a second thought, I hope the agbalumo that you ate is not what they gave you to use in luring several of us to come o. Cos me as I'm like this so ehn, I'm already suspecting you.

Funny!! sad
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:47am On Mar 05, 2019
mechanics:
nice one, the pictures are clear and beautiful.

Thanks

1 Like

[quote author=Genniez post=76294225][/quote]

Okay
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:48am On Mar 05, 2019
Michael004:
Did you get to where unreadable handwriting is. Did you meet a man living on the hill. Do they show you where they bury kings then. Do they show you where original oduduwa crown is. So many places to visit on idanre hill.

Yes, saw the old graveyards. So many...
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:49am On Mar 05, 2019
omoteacher:
shocked shocked shocked

Nice narrative, you really nailed it and made it enticing for potential tourists.

Thank you
Re: My Visit To The Old Idanre Town And The Story Of Idanre Hills( With pictures). by Bbsharon(f): 3:50am On Mar 05, 2019
temmypotter:
Nice! visited a while back as a kid, almost 10years now! remember the experience like yesterday.

Oh how exasperated we were after we climbed the 660 steps that led up to the top of the hill.

Some sightings I'm not quite sure you mentioned

So there was this big scribbling like a giant's handwriting on the surface of one of the big rocks atop the hill, apparently it was called the handwriting of God which was conveniently believable to the villagers I guess, seeing as no one could have possibly maneuvered up that stone to scribble nothing, and with such big letterings too

A hut/house where no one goes with their faces to the front, so we had to go in rear wise. going in with your face to the front is considered a taboo

A vegetation, like a small patch of weed or grass said to have remained exactly the same since forever, said to be mystical.

The shrine though! it was both scary and interesting. The sculptures of their deities, especially the ones with disproportioned abnormal body parts, male sculpts with ridiculously huge organs and the female sculpts with oversized mammary glands. lol

Nice adventure cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Sleeping On A Moving Truck (Photos) / The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan / Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.