Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,849 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla (10831 Views)

Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Please Where And How Can A I Print A Scratch Card For An Event Registration? / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ponana(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2010
is it possible to create a website like the likes of most university website now that requires a scratch card for registration with joomla?
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 27, 2010
but of course, i have done one before. however. . . .i had to import some php codes for the scratch card online. what i meant is that, you can import an external php code into joomla. Building a scratch card extension is a long thing in joomla, if you are a "joomla developer" like lojik or myself, that can be done.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by sueba(f): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2010
Hi, I'm into scratchcard production.payless without compromising quality.when you are ready tpo launch dt site n produce ur cards.call 07061166914

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
*dhtml:

but of course, i have done one before. however. . . .i had to import some php codes for the scratch card online. what i meant is that, you can import an external php code into joomla. Building a scratch card extension is a long thing in joomla, if you are a "joomla developer" like lojik or myself, that can be done.
That's for pros like yourself and lojik as you mentioned grin , am guessing the poster aint as versed in joomla as you are. Besides, why reinvent the wheel when there straight-forward solutions without having to hack some core files?

I have an extension i purchased for the same purpose, it has 4.8 of 5 stars rating on the JED.
Here is the description from the developer:
Description:
JRPassphrase makes it easy to control registration on your Joomla 1.5 website by requiring that a passphrase be correctly entered before someone can register - useful for your existing club, organization, church, schools, etc. It is also great at keeping the 'bots' from creating phony user registrations on your site. For example, it can be used to require a simple answer to a question such as "How many days are in one year?"
JRPassphrase_Pro consists of a component, plugin and a module. We recommend that you install all three. The plugin intercepts the URL of the registration page, so that a passphrase must be properly submitted before a user can register on the site. You can distribute the passphrase to your members via newsletter, email, etc. The passphrase can also be the answer to a question that your members already know - such as: "What is your coach's nickname?", etc. With JRPassphrase_Pro, you can also use an unlimited number of encrypted passphrases.

What's New in JRPassphrase_Pro:
• Unlimited encrypted passphrases can now be used. JRPassphrase_Pro includes an encrypted passphrase generator – you can generate an unlimited number of unique encrypted passphrases.
• Encrypted passphrases can be set to automatically expire after a set number of days.
• Encrypted passphrases can be automatically invalidated from further use after they are used once.
• JRPassphrase_Pro includes a front-end component for displaying a passphrase page, this is where a user is prompted to enter their passphrase. For more details, see JRPassphrase_Pro Component Passphrase Page below. Alternatively, you can select (see below) to use the JRPassphrase_Pro module for this purpose.
• There is also a JRPassphrase_Pro component administrative control panel, located in the Joomla administrative back-end, under the “Components” menu item. Here you can generate encrypted passphrases, and edit the text shown on the JRPassphrase_Pro component front end registration passphrase page.
• Sending a one-click invitation link via email - you can send an invitation link (that includes an encrypted passphrase) via email to a user that will automatically take them to the Joomla registration page.
You can upload your own list of passphrases/codes to be used, using your FTP client.
I have used it successfully, it really makes life easier as you can generate your own codes and upload it to a csv file from which the registration process validates against. For the project am working on, its already implemented.
Let me know if you're interested. All the best!

However if you want to go the hard way of importing code into your joomla as suggested in the above post, lets see what we can do.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
Bottomline is, if you use Joomla for your UI and some applications you may not get the plugin for exactly what you want.

Write some PHP codes and implement it in Joomla or whatever CMS.

Basically since i handcode, my GUI is already done by me or my Staff, i setup my database, tables involved and can code it myself, so it's more easier!

Think Suebe's Sueba's idea is a lot better and faster, since you would not have to code much and will yet avoid mistakes which are often time equated to financial loss!
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2010
Donpuzo:

Bottomline is, if you use Joomla for your UI and some applications you may not get the plugin for exactly what you want.

Write some PHP codes and implement it in Joomla or whatever CMS.

Basically since i handcode, my GUI is already done by me or my Staff, i setup my database, tables involved and can code it myself, so it's more easier!

Think Suebe's Sueba's idea is a lot better and faster, since you would not have to code much and will yet avoid mistakes which are often time equated to financial loss!
Is suebe not talking about printing the already-generated codes? This is what depresses me about this tech forums, someone asks for a solution and people talk about how good they are. If this poster could hand-code into joomla, why will he open this thread? What if he can handcode but needs something faster or ready-made?
@OP, I have an extension that does this, i'll be glad to send it to you free. This aint a sales pitch.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by TechPros(m): 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
Donpuzo:

lol
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
ilosiwaju:

Is suebe not talking about printing the already-generated codes? This is what depresses me about this tech forums, someone asks for a solution and people talk about how good they are. If this poster could hand-code into joomla, why will he open this thread? What if he can handcode but needs something faster or ready-made?
@OP, I have an extension that does this, i'll be glad to send it to you free. This aint a sales pitch.

@ilosiwaju, First. That was a mix up, was referring to you rather! Simple Mistake!

Now secondly, read what i wrote well. I never made more than a paragraph talking about hand-coding.

Also the last line clearly pointed to the fact that i honestly proffered your solution as the best! Knowing well that most bugs are already fixed and seen! 2. It's faster and easier to implement! And also i know well that great coders implore content management system.

Even better programmers(Hand-coders) than myself,

Bros kindly help the poster paid or free!
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 31, 2010
Well, mr poster, you gots loads of options.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 31, 2010
@DHTML, Good morning Bros Wetin you dey do online at this time of the morning, lipsrsealed undecided
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2010
Donpuzo:

@ilosiwaju, First. That was a mix up, was referring to you rather! Simple Mistake!

Now secondly, read what i wrote well. I never made more than a paragraph talking about hand-coding.

Also the last line clearly pointed to the fact that i honestly proffered your solution as the best! Knowing well that most bugs are already fixed and seen! 2. It's faster and easier to implement! And also i know well that great coders implore content management system.

Even better programmers(Hand-coders) than myself,

Bros kindly help the poster paid or free!
Donpuzo, thanks for the clarification. . .no offence meant at all baba. Waiting for the poster to contact me then mail it to him.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by DualCore1: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2010
oh no! Not again. Do you guys have any idea how much premium pop corn costs?!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ponana(m): 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2010
Sorry It took so long for me to update my post.Thanks for the advice and for recognicin the fact that i aint that good wit hand-coding orderwise i won't ve started this thread.

@Ilosiwaju I saw the Jpassphrase thing but i kinda overlooked it, not knowing it had such wonderful features.Would apprciate it if you can mail the PRO version to me
supo05@yahoo.com
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2010
Sent!
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by rflexii(m): 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2010
i just designed a site manually and its all working perfectly. the login pins are printed in form of mtn 100 rechard cards. check the site on nukess.com
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Krees27: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hi,
I followed this thread and all the options given, you guys are great. Please ilosiwaju, I will like to contact you, let me know how I can. Chris (luvkrees@yahoo.com)
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2010
Just sent you a mail now Krees27. All the best.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by utimatedes(m): 12:32am On Oct 20, 2010
@Ilosiwaju: Please can you send it to me at (deyeborn(@)gmail.com)

Thanks
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2010
utimatedes:

@Ilosiwaju: Please can you send it to me at (deyeborn(@)gmail.com)

Thanks
Sent to you. Feel free to contact me if you have any problems getting it to work or other joomla problems in general. All the best!
ilosiwaju@ymail.com
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by shintaku(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2010
@Ilosiwaju: please I need that extension for Creating A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla. My email is: umarsh39@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2010
shintaku:

@Ilosiwaju: please I need that extension for Creating A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla. My email is: umarsh39@yahoo.com
Thanks

Done!
@ultimatedes, your mail is bouncing back.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by trimwis: 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
@Ilosiwaju: Please i need it 2 oh trimwis(@)gmail.com
thanks
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
@trimwis, you got mail.
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by adeboyemos(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ilosiwaju , ive been following up your thread.and its nice sharing also, i will also like to have it my mail adeboyemoses@yahoo.co.uk
will dully be appreciated
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2010
You got it!
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by sueba(f): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2010
Hi, simply put if u r intended at reaching a wider range of pple irrespective of their location and tyme , scratch cards is ur best option. Number is same call now 07061166914
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by lactemps(m): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2010
Nigerian Opensource LTD.
Lol
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by dee5(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2010
@Ilosiwaju: i'll luv to take a look @ the script and perhaps port it to other cms systems  i'll PM you my email as i don't want bots to harvest my email.
on a second thought my email is milas.josh (*a*t*) gmail dut com
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by trimwis: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2010
ilosiwaju am yet to receive the jrpasphrase component my email again trimwis@gmail.com
thanks
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by utimatedes(m): 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2010
ilosiwaju:

Done!
@ultimatedes, your mail is bouncing back.

The email is deyesborn(@)gmail.com

Please remove the bracket when sending.

Thanks
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2010
these kinda thing gets the spam bot suspicious, and you may get banned for posting similar things over and over again.
- Mail sent
- Mail received
- Mail not sent
- Mail not received
- Mail received
- Mail receiving
- Mail being received
- Mail not working
- Mail downloading
- Mail uploading
- Mail failed to attach
- Mail not attaching properly
- . . . . . .
- . . . . . .
- . . . . . .
- bannneddddd!!!
Re: How To Create A Scratch Card Powered Registration With Joomla by ilosiwaju: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2010
*dhtml:

these kinda thing gets the spam bot suspicious, and you may get banned for posting similar things over and over again.
- Mail sent
- Mail received
- Mail not sent
- Mail not received
- Mail received
- Mail receiving
- Mail being received
- Mail not working
- Mail downloading
- Mail uploading
- Mail failed to attach
- Mail not attaching properly
- . . . . . .
- . . . . . .
- . . . . . .
- bannneddddd!!!
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blogging Vs Vlogging? What Are The Differences? / Lists Of Exam Expo Site / Why Nigeria’s Federal Government Should Begin Selling Ads On Npower.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.