Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? (400 Views)

How Do I Deal With Nepotism In My Workplace? / Ever Lost A Job Doing The Right Thing? My Experience Doing One / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2019
Sorry for the long post..a friend needs advice so I want to share on nairaland..He got a job in the South western part of the country as a superintendent pharmacist of a pharmaceutical company more like a junior manager..Although he has language challenge of not being able to hear or speak Yoruba as he's from the East..now in the workplace he noticed people behave the way they like by coming to work late and leaving early and sometimes may not come to work at all and their names will be written on the attendance book.He made his observations to the MD in his first week and called for a meeting and told them he's a very strict person and will not take such acts again.. The trend continued and he had to report to the MD directly..They all started having Mini meetings about him and gossiping..I also learnt that the former person before him joined them in their caucus but they went behind her back and told the MD she wasn't coming to work and she was fired.. aside that there's this very staff that has this awkward attitude towards him.. whenever he's discussing with a staff or even someone doing IT..The man will just send the person on an errand without taking Courtsey and he's way below my friend in the organogram..He endured this for some weeks not until yesterday that he told the man he wanted to see him in his office and the man flared up and they had a heated conversation..
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? by CreepyBlackpool: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2019
Gather evidence

Report to the oga at the top, the toppest top.

If you don't do so asap they will report you for something you did not do and you'll be fired if the complain comes from like 4-6 people.

As you are alone in this, you must gather evidence.

Then report to the highest oga
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? by donstan18: 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
They don't hate you because of your personality and modus of work. They just hate the fact that you as an Igbo man is superior to them therein.

It's advisable and safe you take this complain to your boss to set the record straight before they kill you.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Gather evidence

Report to the oga at the top, the toppest top.

If you don't do so asap they will report you for something you did not do and you'll be fired if the complain comes from like 4-6 people.

As you are alone in this, you must gather evidence.

Then report to the highest oga
thanks
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing In My Workplace? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
donstan18:
They don't hate you because of your personality and modus of work. They just hate the fact that you as an Igbo man is superior to them therein.

It's advisable and safe you take this complain to your boss to set the record straight before they kill you.

I have

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take This DSA Bank Job Or Go Ahead And Learn How To Be A Pencil Artis / Federal Ministry Of Education Scholarship Award 2020/2021 / Know "How To Raise Finance For A Business"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.