Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (596628 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HighPriest0(m): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2019
Omoawoke:

I've been offer the admission from technical university chemnitz, awaiting Phillip marburg university...
Also got admission from bochum...which do u think is best option

The best is ruhr Bochum

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chi360(f): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
okpala95:
Hi Intending Potsdamers,

This is for your orientation.

Potsdam is a capital city. Just about 15 mins to Berlin. Its not a super interesting place to live in;
- It's a major abode of old and aged people who can't keep up with the youthful life style of Berlin. So they migrate to Potsdam cos it's kinda peaceful.

- The houses a quite cheap but very hard to find. Ranging from 270 upwards. Depends on your choice of apartment and what you are looking for.

- No tourist or recreation places to visit. Speaking from personal view, clubs are also hard to find (clubs are the major places to have fun, as far as i know) People mostly go to berlin to have fun. It's not like there's fun there sha.

- if you mingle with the right people, potsdam could be fun for you.

- UniPotsdam student ID covers transportation in Berlin and Brandenburg. (yes, you can move upandan fr free in these places)

- German foods are blank. No spice, no taste, total waste of energy and emotions.

- Nobody cares about you, so mind your business. Even if you fall from a stairs - they wouldn't care, it's not their business especially when your skin is black. But some people could care though.

- No one cares about your dressing as well - but it could pose a sort of attraction when you wear some pretty short dresses (i mean extra short and revealing) cos of your black skin. People literally look at you in disgust and become ashamed on your behalf. Although, right now, alot of people are walking about shirtless and bras alone. Wch is kind of a soothing sight to behold.. Even when they are not endowed undecided undecided

- Education is quite cool. Depends on your program. Mine is okay but very intensive. (you can't select how many courses to take in a semester - means that you spend exactly 2 years.. Except if you fail. And if you try to prolong the program.. People won't take you seriously cos also all the professors can recognise you. Especially during labs cos we're less than 25)
In some program, you can select and even prolong the duration of your program till Jesus Christ comes.

-Different faculties in different campus. E.g. Art and languages are in main campus AM neuen palais.

- Work is very very hard to get.. If you don't know German. Tbvh. Except you go to Berlin. Wch is not so far. But still hard to get kn berlin as well. It's good to know German. It's the in-thing now to get a job.

- Afro stores are available as well. Berlin and Potsdam. But bring your food (it can't be overemphasised. Especially when they sell packet of Maggi here for 5€.)

- oh yes.. Resident permit is 1yr. Yes.. 1 yr. That meins you have to blocked your account again or show some funds in your account for renewal of the permit. I don't know how much exactly. - people move to Berlin cos of this. Berlin gives 2yrs. But housing is freaking expensive there. About 400€ upwards. Then you have to move from Berlin to Potsdam fr classes - close to 30-45 mins depending on where you are.

- Sadly, i know nothing about Brandenburg or cottbus. Even though part of the region in Potsdam.

I hope this helps.
Pm your questions or ask them here.
PS.. I could reply late.

I sent you a PM please check! I intend on coming to Potsdam although AL never drop
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chi360(f): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Wizdude:

Data Science Bro cry

Same here! The waiting is annoying
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by UsefulUsuf(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
hello, I have just been offered an invitational letter for test from deggendorf...any one here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by precious225: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
What course did you apply for
UsefulUsuf:
hello, I have just been offered an invitational letter for test from deggendorf...any one here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
computaholicGoc:

Chai Uncle/Aunty I wish could do it better but daad.de will surpass my effort. Look up CAU Kiel they have new courses on ur discipline and Kiel has a very active and big Nigerian community!

Schönes Wochenende!

Hello bro, sincere appreciation for remembering to give back to the "hand" that fed you. Not many people will do that. God bless you.

Please, tell me what you think about this post i made just recently. Its a long read, and i crave your patience in reading it. https://www.nairaland.com/5042902/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/569#79944117

Also, what do you know about the city of Trier and Baden-Wutterburg? I have eyes on both cities now. How welcoming are they in terms od education quality, accomodation and student jobs?

I look forward to your response sir.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by priscysylvia: 11:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
UsefulUsuf:

Got the same mail today
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please house, how does one send proof of sustenance to the Embassy after interview (both SL and BA)?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vinlyreeks(m): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
obibanks:
Please house, how does one send proof of sustenance to the Embassy after interview (both SL and BA)?

Either of the two please.
You send it directly to the embassy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by oluwafemi88: 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
oluwafemi88:
Brothers and sister in d house
After series of rejection letter
AL finally show today
MSC in advanced manufacturing
Chemnitz
God I thank u
Perfect everything that concern this journey to Germany
O Lord
Pls anybody with useful advice about what and what I should get ready for interview
Pls brothers and sisters in d house

Brother in d house pls help with any information that will help,
Moreover D DHL envelope do I have to go with it to the embassy during my interview
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Heisenberglos: 1:02am On Jul 06, 2019
computaholicGoc:

Mobile app is hot cake for most companies but companies here are interested in native mobile development rather than hybrid mobile app development. i will advice to delve into android mobile development using Kotlin and ios development using swift. My team we develop in JavaScript/ES6+/React for web, Java/Kotlin for Android, and Swift for iOS. React Native is ok for mobile dev but not all...

What type of skill will be relevant to someone in a natural/life science field?
Do you have an idea on their prospects?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Oladecoolz(m): 2:33am On Jul 06, 2019
computaholicGoc:

Mobile app is hot cake for most companies but companies here are interested in native mobile development rather than hybrid mobile app development. i will advice to delve into android mobile development using Kotlin and ios development using swift. My team we develop in JavaScript/ES6+/React for web, Java/Kotlin for Android, and Swift for iOS. React Native is ok for mobile dev but not all teams/organisation use it for some reasons i cant detail here.

We also connect web and mobile/native by bridging JavaScript into Android and iOS. learn test driven development (TDD). You will be a super star

Good luck mehn! companies dont look at your cert but ur skills. uptodate my Hr/mgt is yet to ask me for my cert or docs. most companies will just ask u for health insurance and ur work permit for students ( ur transcripts will come handy).

Baba i hail oh, how far? sent you a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Oladecoolz(m): 2:39am On Jul 06, 2019
computaholicGoc:
its high time i started giving back to the street that made me as i benefitted a lot from this platform. if you have any question or doubts about studying and living Germany. feel free to query my database of experience/knowledge pro bonosmiley. I am sparingly available here as this is over 2 years i last visited this platform so therefore or therefore so u can mail me if its urgent. I am also keen to give updates about the current state of IT/Programming/Computing career and courses in general.

maximum respect to some of my Bosses @justwise, @Dolpaz, etc for keeping this forum alive u guys helped to rock my boat that year.

if you are struggling with programming and/or IT in general, my advice is don't give up.

one love! it can only get better for us.

Baba what of React, node and django? what are the job opportunities?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by jide4lagos(m): 4:29am On Jul 06, 2019
Update to your NOHA Application
W
Will Wright
to
20 hours agoDetails
Dear Applicant,

This email is to inform you that you have met all requirements of the NOHA application for admittance to the NOHA Master Programme in International Humanitarian Action at the Ruhr-University Bochum for the Semester starting in September 2019.

Following with our admission procedure, all application evaluations are sent to the Examination Committee to be confirmed. This meeting should take place in the coming days and you will your official admission letter following this meeting.

To help us speed the process along, if you are planning on accepting this admission or no longer wish to pursue admission to this programme, please let me know by Wednesday of next week.

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Will
-----
Will Wright
Research Associate
Institute for International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (IFHV)
Ruhr University Bochum
Bochumer Fenster // Massenbergstraße 9-13// 44787 Bochum // Germany
+49 234 32-21658

Anybody in Bochum should please help a brother by contacting me for orentation
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 4:29am On Jul 06, 2019
I was born before 1992,n I have npc certificate. Do I still need to do age declaration for visa interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by cliper230(m): 4:32am On Jul 06, 2019
You need to consider the courses and school.
Omoawoke:

I've been offer the admission from technical university chemnitz, awaiting Phillip marburg university...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bigpapa080: 5:57am On Jul 06, 2019
Anyone here got admission offer from offenburg University of applied sciences?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bigpapa080: 5:58am On Jul 06, 2019
Who has any experience or information about offenburg?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by HighPriest0(m): 7:07am On Jul 06, 2019
imoriafe:
I was born before 1992,n I have npc certificate. Do I still need to do age declaration for visa interview?

If you are born before December 1992 what you must present is the affidavit

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2019
Omoawoke:

I can't categorically state which is best for you.
Check the courses of each school, check the course modules to be sure it's what you can cope with. When you've cleared that, then make background checks on each of the cities, based on what you want to determine where you'll finally head to.

All the best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

I'll be checking these out too.
how does it work though?
do you send your scanned docs via uniassist or directly to the school?
No Uni-assist here. Scan your documents and upload directly to the school's admission Portal.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kevwe06(f): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2019
HighPriest0:

If you are born before December 1992 what you must present is the affidavit

Good morning all, can one use attestation from NPC and age declaration together at the embassy?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:22am On Jul 06, 2019
obibanks:
If you're using BA, the VO will give you an email where you will send the PDF version of the blocking confirmation to. You can also print it out and send via courier with 2 photocopies. Ensure you add a paper where you'll write your visa application number (you'll get this from the interview).
For your SL, send the original copy plus two photocopies via courier too with an indication of your visa application number

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2019
Kevwe06:

Good morning all, can one use attestation from NPC and age declaration together at the embassy?
You don't need NPC declaration of you're born before December 13 1992. Just go with the declaration of age as requested by the embassy

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adamsty10: 7:23am On Jul 06, 2019
Deustchemann:

a to operate with online applications only
1. University of Saarland
2. University of Bonn
3. University of Gottingen
4. University of Applied sciences, Aachen
5. Ruhr University, Bochum
6. University of Bayreuth
7. University of Bremen
8. University of Kiel
9. University of Siegen
10. University of applied sciences, Hamm-Lipstadt
Do they accept EPL?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2019
oluwafemi88:

Brother in d house pls help with any information that will help,
Moreover D DHL envelope do I have to go with it to the embassy during my interview

Is it compulsory to go to the interview with your Admission letter?

If yes, then attach the same importance to the DHL prepaid envelope, as well as every other document on the checklist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 7:25am On Jul 06, 2019
Kevwe06:

If you are born before dec 1992, use declaration of age and if it’s after dec 1992 use NPC certificate. Were you born BEFORE and AFTER dec 1992 (if yes then use the two) but if not use the one that applies to you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Adamsty10:

Do they accept EPL?
For my own course, Yes.

For other courses, I don't know
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Bamstar007:

If you are born before dec 1992, use declaration of age and if it’s after dec 1992 use NPC certificate. Were you born BEFORE and AFTER dec 1992 (if yes then use the two) but if not use the one that applies to you
Lol.. before and after grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 7:49am On Jul 06, 2019
imoriafe:
Go with what specifically applies to you if you were born before December 13,1992
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by tawa89(f): 7:55am On Jul 06, 2019
Please does anyone know how long it takes university of applied sciences Dresden to give out AL, UNI-ASSIST sent my VPD to them on Sunday, I still haven't heard from them. My visa interview is on the 15th of July, I'm thinking of canceling tomorrow if I don't get a response from them so one week gap won't be exceeded.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2019
tawa89:
Please does anyone know how long it takes university of applied sciences Dresden to give out AL, UNI-ASSIST sent my VPD to them on Sunday, I still haven't heard from them. My visa interview is on the 15th of July, I'm thinking of canceling tomorrow if I don't get a response from them so one week gap won't be exceeded.

u should have mailed them to understand your case. Someone i know in summer mailed her school that her interview was few days to and is only their school she is hoping, d obliged her immediately.
Miracle happens, but in your case, this is already weekend and Monday is a week already o, very risky now

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.