Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (600669 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sleekybabee1(f): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2019
Happy Sunday wonderful people,

Please is anyone here applying for MSC. Mathematics?
I need names of schools that don't use uni-assist.

Again, as for letter of recommendation from professors, must it addressed to a particular school?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Pecky2222: 10:48am On Mar 17, 2019
dolpaz:

After your studies, you get 18 months from your foreign office to get a Job. when you get a job offer, your 18 months will be converted to a Blue card and in most cases, you could between 2-4 years on your blue card. During the time of possession of this blue card, you need to work for 21 months couple with B1 certificate and you´re entitled to a PR.

Or 33 months + A1 for PR

Oh wow... Thank you so much..this looks very doable
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by hadassaheke(f): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2019
Goztino:

I just applied for Msc in Geomatics now at Karlsruhe University of Applied Science.
Bsc course = Geological science
Nigerian GP = 3.55

Thanks for bringing it to my notice. I will appreciate if you can bring other schools I can apply online too.
I prefer online application

I want to apply to atleast 8 schools to spread my tentacles. I really hope that atleast two will offer me admission
Try LMU's Msc program in Geoscience, though I'm not sure if application is still going on. It's completely done online.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lecksam(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2019
I will help you to check but try and use daad or master portal as well they have a lot of universities there with direct application and most schools request for a very good and explicit SOP than a recommendation letter from any professor unless stated otherwise. So I would advice you work more on your SOP than getting recommendations. Shalom

sleekybabee1:

Again, as for letter of recommendation from professors, must it addressed to a particular school?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by hadassaheke(f): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2019
mychellin:
Dear colleague,
I was scheduled for an interview by univ of applied science Berlin as final part to get my Admission letter. Has anyone pass through this with same sch or similar sch? My question
1. What shd I be expecting to discuss for the interview
2. What's the studying in the sch look like in terms of student job
3. How expensive is the sch fees monthly or yearly as a private sch
4. What opportunities ahead choosing the sch as against others considering fact that I applied to various schools as well

kindly help with your info or idea. Thanks

My people,admission interview comes up this week. Still expecting your view.
1. When I did mine, I was asked some basics in my field, my future plans, electives that I plan on taking, why I chose the school and program, why Germany, some stuffs that I had mentioned on my CV and letter of motivation.
3. You should be able to find this on the school's website I think.

Goodluck!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Godsgracee: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2019
Good morning house, I was recently offered admission for summer semester at TUM, Munich. I’ve been unable to secure accommodation after my admission and enrollment. I would appreciate if someone on this platform can help me out on this. Thanks for your anticipated understanding.

dolpaz:

After your studies, you get 18 months from your foreign office to get a Job. when you get a job offer, your 18 months will be converted to a Blue card and in most cases, you could between 2-4 years on your blue card. During the time of possession of this blue card, you need to work for 21 months couple with B1 certificate and you´re entitled to a PR.

Or 33 months + A1 for PR

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bridget149: 11:12am On Mar 17, 2019
this probably varies from school to school, u stuttgart stated in their admission enrollment guide that you are to enroll only when you have gotten your visa and gotten to germany. dl for enrollment is a month after the semester starts for winter intake
Goztino:

If I will be allowed to pay in Germany, no much problem because I saw someone post that the school fees must be paid completely before admission letter is issued
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2019
hadassaheke:

Try LMU's Msc program in Geoscience, though I'm not sure if application is still going on. It's completely done online.

I have applied there since
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by arro: 11:15am On Mar 17, 2019
Happy Sunday fellows, please must my bSC be related to my MSC in Germany university, please when I can I start admission for winter 2019?, can I submit my wes result with my bsc on my bsc I have 2.61 and when wes did the evaluation on the transcript send direct from my school , it was evaluated to 2.91, can I submit proficiency in English language as a medium of instruction instead of ielts?
Thansk
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2019
bridget149:
this probably varies from school to school, u stuttgart stated in their admission enrollment guide that you are to enroll only when you have gotten your visa and gotten to germany. dl for enrollment is a month after the semester starts for winter intake
Alright, thanks for that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2019
lecksam:
@Goztino I would suggest you contact the international office to shed more light on it for you because it seems part of the fees if not all will be paid to secure your place and as well for the admission letter.. so try and send them mail to clarify it better than just guessing unless we have someone here who have passed through the processes to give us better insight into it ..God bless us all

Alright. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sleekybabee1(f): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2019
lecksam:
I will help you to check but try and use daad or master portal as well they have a lot of universities there with direct application and most schools request for a very good and explicit SOP than a recommendation letter from any professor unless stated otherwise. So I would advice you work more on your SOP than getting recommendations. Shalom

Thank you Lecksam, I appreciate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aerofly76: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2019
sleekybabee1:

Thanks.

Saarland Uni,
Julius Maximilian Uni
If you find more, please I'm interested too. Reach me. Thx
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2019
arro:
Happy Sunday fellows, please must my bSC be related to my MSC in Germany university, please when I can I start admission for winter 2019?, can I submit my wes result with my bsc on my bsc I have 2.61 and when wes did the evaluation on the transcript send direct from my school , it was evaluated to 2.91, can I submit proficiency in English language as a medium of instruction instead of ielts?
Thansk
Happy Sunday to you to, For you to study a master course you’d have to have a bsc in the relating field., You’d have to search for the course you’d want to study through daa.de and then read the requirements, if your bsc fits in the requirement then you are good to go. Then gather up other documents you’d need for application such as waec certificate, motivation letter, Cv and co. You’d see the requirement on the course website. Most German schools ask for 2.5 and above but you’d still be able to find a school that would take you, just don’t use uni-assist while applying to the schools and it’s not too late to apply although some schools have already reached admission deadline same way some are yet to start and some are still ongoing. Best of luck arro.
Edit: yes a lot of schools take proficiency letter in place of IELTS

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2019
Now, I have a mighty question which I think might be bothering some other people here.

From the information I gathered about Msc in Germany, you are given 18 months to look for jobs related to your field before you will be given permission to stay permanently in the country after your Msc

And from the information I gathered, special preference is given to EU and German nationals to the extent that before you can get a job, there must be a proof from the company that no German or EU national is available to take up the job offering.

Now I want to ask, for someone who doesnt dream of coming back to Nigeria after Msc due to pathetic unemployment rate in Nigeria, how can he stay back legally after Msc in Germany if he is unable to secure a job related to his discipline within that 18 months?

I am thinking ahead because I am the one sponsoring myself and I plan selling off my business to invest in Msc in Germany so I see my Msc more as an investment hoping to get higher return (ego, owo, kudi) after completion and not come back to Nigeria to look for almost inexistent vacancies because age is not by my side to waste since I will be 29 this year

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aerofly76: 11:29am On Mar 17, 2019
@sleekybabee1
As per recommendation, it's my believe that not all schools require it. However, if u find a couple of schools that require it, they will probably want to reach the referee on their own thru an email u will provide(of course others might not be like this o)
So recommendation letters can be directed at a school particularly not "To whom" because To whom can be a reference to say for mathematics MSc. What if u also get another course of interest that needs a recommendation? If u get what I mean.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Globalstamp: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2019
You can try Universität of Göttingen, you would apply directly to the faculty through post. They offered me admission too waiting for my AM to drop

Regards
sleekybabee1:

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2019
hadassaheke:

LMU uses GRE, check the requirements
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Vantades(m): 11:50am On Mar 17, 2019
Please is there anyone here going for interview tomorrow?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 11:54am On Mar 17, 2019
clintonsparkz:
TUM uses GRE, check the requirements

He said LMU not TUM
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Femiosoks: 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello great people, I am new here and I want to start my MSc application to some universities in Germany through uni assist. I would like to know if NECO is acceptable for O'level in German Universities and German embassy?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Goztino:
Now, I have a mighty question which I think might be bothering some other people here.

From the information I gathered about Msc in Germany, you are given 18 months to look for jobs related to your field before you will be given permission to stay permanently in the country after your Msc

And from the information I gathered, special preference is given to EU and German nationals to the extent that before you can get a job, there must be a proof from the company that no German or EU national is available to take up the job offering.

Now I want to ask, for someone who doesnt dream of coming back to Nigeria after Msc due to pathetic unemployment rate in Nigeria, how can he stay back legally after Msc in Germany if he is unable to secure a job related to his discipline within that 18 months?

I am thinking ahead because I am the one sponsoring myself and I plan selling off my business to invest in Msc in Germany so I see my Msc more as an investment hoping to get higher return (ego, owo, kudi) after completion and not come back to Nigeria to look for almost inexistent vacancies because age is not by my side to waste since I will be 29 this year

Good question
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bethiano(m): 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
You have asked a very honest question. This shows you have a good heart and that you are a reasonable person.

When you are offered admission and have made your choice of school;
1. Immediately , reply to the other schools with a rejection notification. Be polite and give a brief reason for declining their offer e.g" that you regret to let them know, you have accepted an offer else where"

You could also let them know you would consider future learning opportunities with them.
Who knows, you may want to transfer to their school, in that your preferred school did not meet your expectations, so it's wise to path amicably.

Please be very polite when you write them.

2. Remember it took time, energy and resources to review your application, ignoring the university and the faculty who laboured thus; is not a good idea.

3. Imagine this habit is perculiar to Nigerians, what do you think will happen to other applications from later years they receive from Nigeria.

The regard given to Nigerian degrees that many of you enjoy today are traceable to the good conduct and performance of the people ahead.
Please don't mess things up.

4. When you let go of that space, they may consider someone else. sometimes depending on the school, the circumstances, and relation with the admissions unit , you could subtly suggest that your spot be offered to another willing candidate from your country or subsaharan Africa. It goes a long way to reinforce your claims in your motivational letter.

5. If you have made your choice of institution, respectfully and promptly reply to the other schools that you will not be joining them anymore.

6. Remember human beings are behind those computers responding to your emails and questions, they have emotions too, they feel bad when you don't show up after all their back and forth emails with you.

I know you will say it's their job, yes I agree, but everyone deserves to be treated with respect and value.

I advice people to read previous posts and earlier parts (1-5), I have seen a couple of lazy questions.

Regards

Rainy season is here, harmattan is coming...lolz

Ndkings1:
Guys let's say I applied for admission at ten schools and got 4 at the end, what am I gonna do?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
Goztino:

He said LMU not TUM
LMU strongly recommends GRE test, that made me shift abit

check here

https://www.en.geologie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/academics/degree_programs/master/applications.html
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bethiano(m): 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
Just want to appreciate you for your hard work. The way you have presented this shows you have done your bit judiciously.

Well done, no room for laziness !

Deustchemann:

Okay. @pecky2222 and others on the thread (guests and members) who are interested in life science areas can apply for the underlisted programs I bookmarked in my jotter. I'll indicate the mode of application, as well as the deadline.
Please note that, unless otherwise stated, these programs have restricted admission.
Also, all programs listed are taught in English language, and letter of proficiency is accepted for application

1. MSc Environmental Toxicology at University of Duisburg-Essen. Deadline: June 15 (offline application. Documents will be sent by post)

2. MSc Toxicology at University of Potsdam. Application opens April 1. (Uni-assist application, but the processing fee has been paid for by the school cheesy ).

3. University of Siegen
a. MSc Chemistry
b. MSc Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
(Online application only)

4. MSc Interdisciplinary Neuroscience at Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am main. Deadline: March 15 (Uni-assist application, but processing fee has been paid for by the school grin ). Admission is not restricted

5. MSc Ecosystem Services at Technical University, Dresden, Zittau. Application is from April 1-July 15. (Offline application. Documents are sent to them by post) Admission is not restricted.

6. MSc Agrigenomics at Kiel University. Deadline May 31. Online application only.

7. MSc Global Change Ecology at University of Bayreuth. Deadline June 15. Online application only.

8. JMU Wuerzburg
a. MSc Biosciences.
Application runs from May-July. Offline application only but your documents MUST be certified by the German embassy
b. MSc Biochemistry.
Deadline: June 1. Online application only.
c. MSc Translational Neuroscience.
Not sure of the deadline. Online application only.

9. Georg-August universitatsmedizin, Göttingen.
a. MSc Molecular Medicine
b. MSc Cardiovascular Science
Deadline: May 30. Online application only.

10. University of Bonn
a. MSc Neuroscience . Deadline: March 31.
b. MSc Medical Immunoscience and Infection. Deadline: March 31.
c. MSc Immunobiology. Deadline: April 30.
d. MSc Biochemistry. Deadline: April 30. Online application only for all of them.

11. FAU Erlangen-Nurnberg
a. MSc Integrated Life Sciences
b. MSc Integrated Immunology
c. MSc Molecular Medicine
d. MSc Molecular Science.
Deadline for all: July 15.
Combination of both online and offline application (i.e you apply online then send your documents by post.)

Admission to MSc Molecular Science is non-restricted.

For MSc Integrated Immunology, the school offers scholarship opportunity between June15-July 15.

12. Ruhr University, Bochum.
a. MSc Biochemistry
b. MSc Molecular and Developmental Stem cell Biology.
Deadline for both: July 15.
Online application only.

13. MSc Experimental and Clinical Neuroscience at University of Regensburg.
Deadline: April 30.
Offline application only.
(They request for ordinary photocopies of your documents for application. You can send certified copies after admission).

14. FSU Jena
a. MSc Biochemistry (deadline 31 may)
b. MSc Medical Photonics (deadline 15 July)
c. MSc Molecular Medicine (deadline 31 may)
d. MSc Molecular Life Sciences (deadline 31 may).
Application is done online first.
Then you'll send the completed application form to them via post mail. No need to add copies of documents.

These courses are particularly suited for candidates with the following but not restricted to BSc/BTech Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry. If you're in doubt, send a mail to the course coordinator. You'll be clarified.
Good morning.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
arro:
Thansk
this solely depends on the university ( accepting English proficiency letter) for instance when I contacted University of Trier I was specifically told to get a letter from my previous institute,..... So best bet is to contact the school you're applying to, be thorough when you ask them the question. Your origin, first degree course, future plans and all that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by hadassaheke(f): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
clintonsparkz:
LMU uses GRE, check the requirements
The Msc program in Geophysics doesn't require a GRE result.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Goztino:

If I will be allowed to pay in Germany, no much problem because I saw someone post that the school fees must be paid completely before admission letter is issued

I will be attending a tuition fee school in BW, I already have my admission letter and I have not paid a dime whatsoever. The fees like I earlier said is to be paid each semester in Germany. I guess private universities do apply the policy of you paying the full tuition or part of it before the admission letter will be issued to you, I stand to be corrected though.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BENTOSYN: 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
clintonsparkz:
LMU strongly recommends GRE test, that made me shift abit

check here

https://www.en.geologie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/academics/degree_programs/master/applications.html

Depends on your intended course of study...in MSC Geology, they recommend GRE but it’s not a mandatory requirement....For Msc Geophysics in the same LMU, GRE is not required at all...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Magma012: 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
Have trier university started taking for admission? Was thinking is 1st of may.
Going for masters
bl33d:
this solely depends on the university ( accepting English proficiency letter) for instance when I contacted University of Trier I was specifically told to get a letter from my previous institute,..... So best bet is to contact the school you're applying to, be thorough when you ask them the question. Your origin, first degree course, future plans and all that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Soothing: 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
Very urgent please
Is it a must to follow the German format while preparing CV for admission?

Please help!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
If the school ask you to use it.. Then use it..if not its not compulsory.. But its preferable

Soothing:
Very urgent please
Is it a must to follow the German format while preparing CV for admission?

Please help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.