Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Why Are First Born Always Unwise? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are First Born Always Unwise? (1734 Views)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2019
why are first born always refered to as unwise person? yet carry most of the family responsibility, and make most of the sacrifices, it hurts me when my siblings verbally do such, but call my attention when they need help. why?

1 Like

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by officialfestus(m): 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2019
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 24, 2019
Josephilemona:
why are first born always refered to as unwise person? yet carry most of the family responsibility, and make most of the sacrifices, it hurts me when my siblings verbally do such, but call my attention when they need help. why?
Anyway, It’s TRUE.
Most MALE FIRSTBORNS are usually erratic and unwise. If you do an observational study yourself especially within your neighborhood, you will discover that the description matches what you put up there.
This is why most Parents will always go for a FEMALE CHILD as firstborn rather than a MALE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Chubhie: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2019
Josephilemona:
why are first born always refered to as unwise person
Maybe because they were not fed with the right nutrition needed to ground and simulate them mentally cos both parents were still struggling to find their feet.
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by zed7: 8:39am On Feb 24, 2019
How stupid can some people be? Just wondering...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by 4tunebest(f): 12:48am On Feb 25, 2019
The myth is the first child is the one that clears the mother's womb of resident dirts which clogs up a part of his brain, resulting in impaired judgement as he goes through life.

Apparently that's what it is- A myth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by spotmataz: 10:41am On Feb 25, 2019
Josephilemona:

I dont believe this saying.

Children are meant to be raised. They come blank. If they is any character flaw on the part on any child, blame the parents or whoever raised that child.

In a family be they rich or poor where they put in all they have in properly raising their children there is nothing like unwise first borns whether boy or girl..

Most parents, foster parents and care givers have failed this children and still put the blame on them....
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by SkinnyDude(m): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2019
e be like say Na true ooo
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Jackossky(m): 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
So bad your mum's first child is unwise. He no just get sense so it becomes proper for you to generalize.

Come to think of it, if the phenomenon is ubiquitous in your area, it definitely means your community is suffering from 'First-child-retardation syndrome'
Be happy, this sickness/virus is relative. So, it doesn't happen everywhere.
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
Lets have some preambles.
Femi Otedola, first born?
Aliko Dangote first born?
Goodluck Jonathan first born?
Sir Stan Ekeh first born?
Benjamin Nnamdi Azikiwe Firstborn?
Bukola Saraki First Born?
Late Odumegwu Ojukwu first born?
Rochas Okorocha first born
Donald Trump first born?.
Olusegun Obasanjo first born?
Late Stephen Hawkings, first born?
i am just asking
My humble self, is a first born, managing two companies, 25 employess, 16 dependants
Might be the op eldest brother, at his age of 65 still sits around their mother's cooking stove

https://inlaksenergy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=213&tracking=5c6f131b49a94

8 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Annwrites: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2019
From your narrative up there, first born are said to be unwise because they fail to teach their family members to be independent of them and train their younger ones to be independent as well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
Annwrites:
From your narrative up there, first born are said to be unwise because they fail to teach their family members to be independent of them and train their younger ones to be independent as well.

I could sense envy, but not so in my case, i always come down mean on my siblings, to plant their own tree and have their own island. Whenever a first born came into wealth, he stands like a bull dog in the family, when the younger ones came into money, the throw about their wealth around like cad bury sweets

1 Like

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=spotmataz post=76101652]

I dont believe this saying.

Children are meant to be raised. They come blank. If they is any character flaw on the part on any child, blame the parents or whoever raised that child.

In a family be they rich or poor where they put in all they have in properly raising their children there is nothing like unwise first borns whether boy or girl..

Most parents, foster parents and care givers have failed this children and still put the blame on them....

I love your contribution, mostly it comes from the parents inexperience in impacting proper training to their child especially the first. but as time goes on, the mistakes will now be corrected subsequently on the other children..
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=zed7 post=76059897]How stupid can some people be? Just wondering..
what are you insuniating? are you referring to me?
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=indigene post=76106140]Lets have some preambles.
i am just asking
My humble self, is a first born, managing two companies, 25 employess, 16 dependants
Might be the op eldest brother, at his age of 65 still sits around their mother's cooking stove
My brother!!! I am the first child of my family, you didn't get my narrative well, by the grace of God Almighty, I am independent and take care of my siblings and parent, according to my financial strength, but those who are feeding from me feels my decision/contributions are irrational.
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=indigene post=76106140]Lets have some preambles.
i am just asking

My brother!!! I am the first child of my family, you didn't get my narrative well, by the grace of God Almighty, I am independent and take care of my siblings and parent, according to my financial strength, but those who are feeding from me feels my decision/contributions are irrational.
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by GRACEGLORY: 6:54am On Feb 26, 2019
Josephilemona:

Patricia Murphy
October 21 2015 2:49 PM

The first child born to a family is more likely to be clever than their brothers and sisters, a new study has suggested.
New research carried out in a German University found that the eldest child in a family has a higher IQ than their younger siblings due to the level of attention they are bestowed in their early years.

Scientists discovered that parents make a greater effort to encourage learning with their first child than they do when it comes to their second, third and fourth children.

The researchers found a difference of 1.5 IQ points between each sibling in a family after taking into account three national surveys which documented the IQ results of more than 20,000 people.

Lead researcher Dr Julia Rohrer said: “One theory is that following children “dilute” the resources of their parents.

“While the firstborn gets full parental attention, at least for some months or years, late-borns will have to share from the beginning.

“Another possible factor is described by the tutoring hypothesis: A firstborn can “tutor” their younger siblings, explaining to them how the world works and so on,” she said.

“Teaching other people has high cognitive demands – the children need to recall their own knowledge, structure it and think of a good way to explain it to younger siblings, which could provide a boost to intelligence for some firstborns.”

https://www.independent.ie/life/family/family-features/first-born-children-are-more-intelligent-than-their-siblings-research-reveals-34128852.html

1 Like

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by lanibi(f): 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2019
I'm a first born and by the grace of God, I am wise sad
My future I believe is BRIGHT.

@O.P forget about the opinion of men about you and keep getting better.

1 Like

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Orosemary(f): 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Nigerians sha
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=Josephilemona post=76119256][/quote]

As the first born, you do not owe or own them a living, put it point blank on the table for them to see. Tell them to plant their own tree, look out for their own Island. Come in when the have desperate need, if you can,and learn to say NO even if it will hurt. Stamp that authority in your family.

https://inlaksenergy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=213&tracking=5c6f131b49a94

2 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Mariangeles(f): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
Josephilemona:
I blame your parents for that...

They failed to teach your younger ones the value of respect, then along the line, you lost your confidence and self worth .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 5:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=lanibi post=76143081]I'm a first born and by the grace of God, I am wise sad
My future I believe is BRIGHT.

@O.P forget about the opinion of men about you and keep getting better.
thank you my sister
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Josephilemona(m): 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=indigene post=76148514]

As the first born, you do not owe or own them a living, put it point blank on the table for them to see. Tell them to plant their own tree, look out for their own Island. Come in when the have desperate need, if you can,and learn to say NO even if it will hurt. Stamp that authority in your family

Thanks big brother! I love your contribution here, very straight and plain, God bless you sir.
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by Martinez39(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
indigene:
Lets have some preambles.
i am just asking
Albert Einstein and Sir Isaac Newton were first born. Richard Feynman was also first born.
Re: Why Are First Born Always Unwise? by SAMBARRY: 11:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Smh....generalizations

(1) (Reply)

Brother In-law Marriage Wahala / How Virtual Football Betting Ruined My Life / How The Spirit Of My Late Mother Stopped Me From Committing Suicide Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.