Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond (13688 Views)

Access Bank Plc Signs N15 Billion Green Bond Issuance / Nigerian Stock Exchange To List FGN N10.69bn Green Bond / FG Begins Sale Of N10.69b Debut Green Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2019
DonroxyII:
Na dis Kain thread God dey catch Naija youths ..... This ain't tonto dikeh grin

Most Nigerian commercial banks do not usually raise bonds and a bond like this B2 rated and verified by PWC is a good development for Access bank and the business community at large both National and International .....

Hmmmm, But Nigerian political environment is never stable nay the economic environment..... Me no wan here story that touch ooo.....

Nonetheless, the returns must definitely be commensurate with the riskiness !!

Did you notice how they avoided mentioning the ROI ?

And be speaking big grammar to deceive the gullible.
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by Femich18(m): 9:13am On Feb 26, 2019
wow
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by Femich18(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2019
Venerable612:

Spot on and largely true!

Green bonds are taken to finance Environmental friendly and sustainability projects - aimed at renewable energy instead of fossil fuels like Crude oi (Gas, Petrol, Deisel engines etc.) or Coal powered engines - like this old locomotive trains etc.

So you don’t just borrow the money - you certify that you will use it to fund projects/infrastructures that fosters clean transportation, sustainable water management and the cultivation of environmentally friendly technologies etc.

Think about Climate change issues generally...

Problem is that the FGN should be the one issuing this bond - in order to meet up with Nigeria’s commitment under th Paris Agreement. I don’t imagine Nigeria will meet up with its INDC with the manner in which we keep encouraging crude oil products/refinery in this country.

Hope his helps!

Thanks Boss..Now i have the idea of what Green Bond means...Thanks
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by mamaafrik(m): 9:24am On Feb 26, 2019
Venerable612:

Green bonds are taken to finance Environmental friendly and sustainability projects - aimed at renewable energy instead of fossil fuels like Crude oi (Gas, Petrol, Deisel engines etc.) or Coal powered engines - like this old locomotive trains etc.

So you don’t just borrow the money - you certify that you will use it to fund projects/infrastructures that fosters clean transportation, sustainable water management and the cultivation of environmentally friendly technologies etc.

Problem is that the FGN should be the one issuing this bond - in order to meet up with Nigeria’s commitment under th Paris Agreement. I don’t imagine Nigeria will meet up with its INDC with the manner in which we keep encouraging crude oil products/refinery in this country.

Hope his helps!
Thank you uncle.
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by mamaafrik(m): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2019
Venerable612:

Hope his helps!
gbere ,thank you uncle
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Return on investment

I said what is the ROI? Not the meaning of ROI. ROI was not mentioned on the write up.
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by karlboss: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2019
Venerable612:

I had this idea last year while I was in the village of distribution green stove to stop people from using firewood to cook. It was clear to me that clearing forest for firewood and cooking with firewood is a double edged sword that is causing global warming big time in Nigeria.

So are you saying if I meet access bank to give me money for my green stove project I will get funds?

Hope his helps!

had this idea last year while I was in the village of distribution green stove to stop people from using firewood to cook. It was clear to me that clearing forest for firewood and cooking with firewood is a double edged sword that is causing global warming big time in Nigeria.

So are you saying if I meet access bank to give me money for my green stove project I will get funds?
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by DonroxyII: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2019
Naughtysite:

Did you notice how they avoided mentioning the ROI ?

And be speaking big grammar to deceive the gullible.
This is for Ballers and corporations .......

The ROI must definitely be higher than Risk free rate of returns .......

That is why I said it is a risky investment but rated by Moody's and verified by PWC (This counts big time for investment communities).... This is a kinda confidence assurance and ROI for Brated must definitely be higher taking the Company "Access Bank" into consideration and the Nigerian Economic and Political environment !!

You will know your ROI when you bring your money come grin
Re: Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) Approves Green Bond by Venerable612(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
karlboss:

had this idea last year while I was in the village of distribution green stove to stop people from using firewood to cook. It was clear to me that clearing forest for firewood and cooking with firewood is a double edged sword that is causing global warming big time in Nigeria.

in essence - Yes.

But you know they are loans - you would have to pay it back... so you would have to have a clear means of paying it back accordingly to the Loan Agreement.

Your stove idea may work - if it’s fast and competitive (Price) in respect with the new gas cookers - but it may not be too cool to get a loan to do that on a large scale if you don’t have a backup plan on how to fund the loan should you not break even.

I am only a lawyer btw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Germany’s Allianz Buys Nigerian Insurer For $35m / Convert Recharge Cards To Cash And Make Withdrawals From Any Atm Machine / 13 Banks Lose N138bn To Loan Defaulters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.