Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? (725 Views)

Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? by Timekeeper: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I need your help Pls
I'm a student in one of the federal Uni. in the northern part of the country precisely Bayero University Kano (BUK). Final year
I have some amount of money say 30 to 40 sha just like wizklynd23.
Actually I love fashion designing and I also love to learn an ICT programme but my school and environment is a drawback to me (I must confess).

Fashion design:

Being in North, I don't want to learn fashion designing from hausa man coz na them dey inside school (Pls I'm not tribalistic o, I understand what I'm saying) Cox I stay in southwest (lagos). The reason is that their way of tailoring may be different from southern tailors.
But the problem is that my younger brother is a fashion designer and a confirm one at that. He learnt it during sec school from ss1 to ss3 and now, people troop him for cloth, I must say he is one the best young fashion designers I know. Trust me guys.

Considering the fact that my brother is a tailor, can I be one too? I don't want barbing or shoe making(two of my brothers are doing it).

My question: should I take up fashion designing since I love it and secondly can I learn an handwork during NYSC?

ICT
I have a diploma in desktop publishing and I lectured in a computer school for about a year after learning for a year too. I am good on core draw (I may not be updated but give me a design, I will do it.). I was one of the best in my computer school. I have interest in learning an ICT skills, I don't know if na programme, Web Development or anything, I just wanna learn it.
I heard that one guy in Ikeja is good in it Alabian solution but I don't av chance coz I have to resume to school, final year though.

Apart from fashion design, which handwork can I learn (take away shoe making and barbing )

Nairalanders : should I go for fashion or ict and if there is handwork I can learn, which one?

Note: I'm a seasoned confirm student business man, I love business too but I don't have much to start business so I'm considering learn fashion or ICT.

Last year, I had a business idea to start selling fruit salad on campus but time didn't permit me

Cc: lalasticala, mynd44, farano, dominique, naijacutee, FOD. God will bless you all, Pls help me front pagerize it..

Thanks to this guy that made me post this
Wizklynd23
https://www.nairaland.com/5051082/30k-40k-student-what-business-investment

And thanks to all people that will advise me.

Moderators Pls help, kindly move this to fp.. Many students like me are out there and confused as well...pls help us, I need opinions
Re: I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? by GraGra247(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2019
I suggest you don't invest. Too many failed investments in the country cos everybody has one.

Investments usually fail and that capital can never be recovered. But an acqured skill or training or handwork stays with you for life.

Investors will even pay you for your skills if you're good at it.
Re: I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? by spinna: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2019
Buy a sewing machine and other sewing things with the money.. Then go and learn sewing. It's a very good skill to have. U can learn the northern methods as well as the southern methods which will give you an edge. But buy the machine first so you can have something to start with. You can learn IT skills on your own with the Internet. Best of luck to you.
Re: I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? by Timekeeper: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2019
spinna:
Buy a sewing machine and other sewing things with the money.. Then go and learn sewing. It's a very good skill to have. U can learn the northern methods as well as the southern methods which will give you an edge. But buy the machine first so you can have something to start with. You can learn IT skills on your own with the Internet. Best of luck to you.

Hmm I'm learning... I can even get a second hand machine from my brother Cox that's his work... But wunt the machine rust
Re: I Have Some Amount Of Money, Should I Invest Or Learn A Handwork? by MOG6670(m): 3:02am On Feb 04
Timekeeper:
Hello Nairalanders, I need your help Pls
I'm a student in one of the federal Uni. in the northern part of the country precisely Bayero University Kano (BUK). Final year
I have some amount of money say 30 to 40 sha just like wizklynd23.
Actually I love fashion designing and I also love to learn an ICT programme but my school and environment is a drawback to me (I must confess).

Fashion design:

Being in North, I don't want to learn fashion designing from hausa man coz na them dey inside school (Pls I'm not tribalistic o, I understand what I'm saying) Cox I stay in southwest (lagos). The reason is that their way of tailoring may be different from southern tailors.
But the problem is that my younger brother is a fashion designer and a confirm one at that. He learnt it during sec school from ss1 to ss3 and now, people troop him for cloth, I must say he is one the best young fashion designers I know. Trust me guys.

Considering the fact that my brother is a tailor, can I be one too? I don't want barbing or shoe making(two of my brothers are doing it).

My question: should I take up fashion designing since I love it and secondly can I learn an handwork during NYSC?

ICT
I have a diploma in desktop publishing and I lectured in a computer school for about a year after learning for a year too. I am good on core draw (I may not be updated but give me a design, I will do it.). I was one of the best in my computer school. I have interest in learning an ICT skills, I don't know if na programme, Web Development or anything, I just wanna learn it.
I heard that one guy in Ikeja is good in it Alabian solution but I don't av chance coz I have to resume to school, final year though.

Apart from fashion design, which handwork can I learn (take away shoe making and barbing )

Nairalanders : should I go for fashion or ict and if there is handwork I can learn, which one?

Note: I'm a seasoned confirm student business man, I love business too but I don't have much to start business so I'm considering learn fashion or ICT.

Last year, I had a business idea to start selling fruit salad on campus but time didn't permit me

Cc: lalasticala, mynd44, farano, dominique, naijacutee, FOD. God will bless you all, Pls help me front pagerize it..

Thanks to this guy that made me post this
Wizklynd23
https://www.nairaland.com/5051082/30k-40k-student-what-business-investment

And thanks to all people that will advise me.

Moderators Pls help, kindly move this to fp.. Many students like me are out there and confused as well...pls help us, I need opinions
hi

Hello sir!

How was your journey to learn a new skill now

Update us pls?

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass The Pmp Certification Examination On Your First Try In Nigeria. / 21 Habits That Will Make You Rich Before Age 35 ( No. 5. Ditch Fake Friends.) / How To Register As An Environmental Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.