Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Man, Know Thyself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man, Know Thyself (289 Views)

Know Thyself: The Miracle Called Man / The Four Primary Temperaments (man,know Thyself) / Man Know Thyself... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man, Know Thyself by pressplay411(m): 11:01am On Feb 28, 2019
Title: Man, Know Thyself

Foundational Knowledge:
-I am a Spirit, With A Soul living in a Body.
-I am a minute expression of God created in His image and according to His Likeness.

Definitions:
Know:
-To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
-To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
-To experience.
-To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
-To have sexual relations with.

Song Ministration:
Sinach: I Know Who God Says I Am

The Gospel:
Ignorance is one of human challenges, perhaps the greatest. Luke 19:42, Hosea 4:6

Our journey in life is a journey of self discovery through the pursuit of knowledge.
What we presently know is responsible for where we are. Conversely what we don't know is keeping us from where we ought to be.
This is why we must keep learning in life.
However, we must learn in Humility and Love. 1 Corinthians 8:1

Knowledge they say is power.
Unfortunately, our information age is awash with various sources of knowledge. It can become a herculean task filtering out the truth from all the noise.

Knowledge can be dangerous. Hence, we have to be sensitive to what knowledge we keep exposing ourselves to.
In fact, the fall and bondage of mankind was as a result of knowledge. Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating of the tree of KNOWLEDGE of good and evil.

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Genesis 2:17

There is only one knowledge that is the Truth.

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

So what is the Truth?

� You cannot know or fulfill your purpose in life until you know the real you (your spirit, your heart). 1 Corinthians 2:9

� You cannot know your spirit until you know God. 1 Corinthians 2:10-11

� You cannot know God until you know Jesus Christ. John 17:3

� And you cannot know Jesus Christ except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Like my pastor would say, "If you don't know your Father, you don't know your self."
"The more you see, the more you become like Him and are gloriously transformed.
You can't know God and things remain the same.
Our work on earth is to know God and to make Him known.
This is what brings about Glory, Impact and Fulfillment. This is what brings a New Day into our lives. This is what produces abundant life as we are grafted into the Fountain of Life.

Hence, we should make this our primary goal this year and beyond- That we may Know Him and the Excellence of His Knowledge. Philippians 3:7-14

Additional reading:
John 10 Jesus Christ The Good Shepherd and the Sheep.

Closing verse:
When you know God, you will perform exploits. Daniel 11:32
Re: Man, Know Thyself by UceeGod: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2019
Knowing God is great but when God reveals Himself to you, worship becomes your lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Man, Know Thyself by pressplay411(m): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
UceeGod:
Knowing God is great but when God reveals Himself to you, worship becomes your lifestyle

Well said Sir. Thank you UceeGod
This comes by submitting to the Holy Spirit.
That's why life doesn't come from searching the scriptures but by revelational knowledge, when God sees our motive is driven by His Love. John 5:39-42

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens Wednesday, March 13, 2019 / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Being Rescue From A Pit? / Christain, Why Jesus Have To Come From The Lineage Of Bastard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.