Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. (1708 Views)

A Loving God / Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / How Jesus Christ Was Created (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 10:57am On Mar 01, 2019
The Universe looks exactly
like it should if there is
no god.
---Lawrence Krauss.

There are parasites in nature that show little evidence of being created by an all- loving creator god (if we are to speak to the Christian perspective). If you do hold that the Cosmos points towards a Creator, you would either have to say that god created parasites as a punishment (which does not seem very loving or gracious especially not to the animals that most parasites inhabit and slowly kill) or that Satan introduced them to the world. In which case, Satan has some sort of creative power that is not specified or given in the Bible, that the Christian thinks is
without error (2. Timothy 3:16).
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by Ihedinobi3: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
The Universe looks exactly
like it should if there is
no god.
---Lawrence Krauss.

There are parasites in nature that show little evidence of being created by an all- loving creator god (if we are to speak to the Christian perspective). If you do hold that the Cosmos points towards a Creator, you would either have to say that god created parasites as a punishment (which does not seem very loving or gracious especially not to the animals that most parasites inhabit and slowly kill) or that Satan introduced them to the world. In which case, Satan has some sort of creative power that is not specified or given in the Bible, that the Christian thinks is
without error (2. Timothy 3:16).
God created parasites because He loves the world. They are the punishment of a loving Father to warn His children to behave better to avoid worse consequences for bad actions in the future. I have not yet heard a mentally healthy person who truly thinks that loving parents should not discipline their kids.

As for animals that suffer, that is because they are associated with man. Because of man's sin, God cursed the entire restored cosmos so that through it all, man's sin can be contained. The Universe was first created for the angels and then restored for man after divine judgment upon Satan's rebellion before Man was created. Thus, if man was going to be punished for rebelling, then the very universe that was created for his benefit would be cursed so that he feels the sting and learns to repent and humble himself to God.

As for Satan possessing creative power, he does not exactly. He certainly does possess enough intelligence and power to create life forms, but they can only exist if God gives them the breath of life. For example, the Nephilim were the creation of rebel angels under the command of Satan. But they would not have lived unless God gave them the breath of life. In the same vein, before Man was created, Satan and his fellow rebels were responsible for the creation of dinosaurs etc when they were creating physical bodies that they could inhabit. So, it is not wise to imagine that he cannot do stuff like that. But in the end, nothing he does would work if God Himself does not sanction it.
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

God created parasites because He loves the world. They are the punishment of a loving Father to warn His children to behave better to avoid worse consequences for bad actions in the future. I have not yet heard a mentally healthy person who truly thinks that loving parents should not discipline their kids.

As for animals that suffer, that is because they are associated with man. Because of man's sin, God cursed the entire restored cosmos so that through it all, man's sin can be contained. The Universe was first created for the angels and then restored for man after divine judgment upon Satan's rebellion before Man was created. Thus, if man was going to be punished for rebelling, then the very universe that was created for his benefit would be cursed so that he feels the sting and learns to repent and humble himself to God.

As for Satan possessing creative power, he does not exactly. He certainly does possess enough intelligence and power to create life forms, but they can only exist if God gives them the breath of life. For example, the Nephilim were the creation of rebel angels under the command of Satan. But they would not have lived unless God gave them the breath of life. In the same vein, before Man was created, Satan and his fellow rebels were responsible for the creation of dinosaurs etc when they were creating physical bodies that they could inhabit. So, it is not wise to imagine that he cannot do stuff like that. But in the end, nothing he does would work if God Himself does not sanction it.

Are u aware that often times, parasites kill animals? What kind of loving father will kill his creatures in the process of punishing?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2019
Angels, neither marry nor are given in marriage.
Reference verse Matthew 22:30.

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by Ihedinobi3: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Are u aware that often times, parasites kill animals? What kind of loving father will kill his creatures in the process of punishing?
Animals were re-created for man just like the whole universe was. So, everything happening in this universe right now is about man. If parasites kill animals which are for food, pleasure and sometimes terror for man, then man is affected by that event in some way that should teach him to humble himself before God.
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Angels neither marry nor are given in marriage. Reference verse Matthew 22:30.
Bcus I want to punish my child for his wrong doing so I hav to inflict pains on animals and eventually kill the animals that were not part of the wrong doing

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by CodeTemplar: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2019
Did the creator of computer and internet envisage what it is being used for today?
That's how the world is. God created it good and it was man who followed the rebellious one - Satan to eat the fruit of knowledge of good and bad.
Man was nakéd and happy like the beasts were and are today and even in harmony with the beasts, but now asides feeding our stomach with fruit of the fruits of the garden, we now need to toil to cover our unclothedness and shelter ourselves after being driven out of the garden.
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Bcus I want to punish my child for his wrong doing so I hav to inflict pains on animals and eventually kill the animals that were not part of the wrong doing
Who is the child in all this?
Where did you get the notion there was a child in all this?
Dont you know that the ground was cursed because of what somebody did, and that it had nothing to do with what God did?
Dont you know that animals were created among other things for the pleasure of man?

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by CodeTemplar: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Pains? So is it pain on humans that's now cool?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 11:48am On Mar 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Did the creator of computer and internet envisage what it is being used for today?
That's how the world is. God created it good and it was man who followed the rebellious one - Satan to eat the fruit of knowledge of good and bad.
Man was nakéd and happy like the beasts were and are today and even in harmony with the beasts, but now asides feeding our stomach with fruit of the fruits of the garden, we now need to toil to cover our unclothedness and shelter ourselves after being driven out of the garden.
so an all-loving god had to create parasites to inflict pains on animals for a sin man committed??
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by CodeTemplar: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
so an all-loving god had to create parasites to inflict pains on animals for a sin man committed??
In reaction to order of universe being tampered.
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Pains? So is it pain on humans that's now cool?

let me put it this way. I know theists are ilogical so am not surprise u couldnt get it.

I hav a son whose name is CodeTemplar and I also have a dog. My son went against my will and did what I warned against.

Why will I inflict pains on the dog? What offence did d dog commit?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 11:53am On Mar 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
In reaction to order of universe being tampered.
ur god isnt loving
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by CodeTemplar: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
ur god isnt loving
So to your what Cain did to Abel is cool abi. Stop trying to blackmail God to unconditionally love you.
Will you still love a rebellious lover of your as you demand of God?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Animals were re-created for man just like the whole universe was. So, everything happening in this universe right now is about man. If parasites kill animals which are for food, pleasure and sometimes terror for man, then man is affected by that event in some way that should teach him to humble himself before God.
Wrong, the animals don't need man to survive but man can't survive without this animals
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
who created the rebellious one Satan? I thought God knows the beginning even before the beginning began, so how come did he not put check and balances in place to avert this sufferings?

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Dont you know that the ground was cursed because of what somebody did, and that it had nothing to do with what God did?
Dont you know that animals were created among other things for the pleasure of man?
I seriously wonder how come you feel animals were created for man when reverse us actually the case
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by CodeTemplar: 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
calculator123:

who created the rebellious one Satan? I thought God knows the beginning even before the beginning began, so how come did he not put check and balances in place to avert this sufferings?
God can't put some checks and balances in place because man needs freedom to play out his heart. It is like blaming the makers of vehicles for not using rails to run them and avoid accidents.
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
calculator123:

I seriously wonder how come you feel animals were created for man when reverse us actually the case
Man was given the mandate to have dominion and rule over the animals.
Also conversations were made with man and not with animals.

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Man was given the mandate to have dominion and rule over the animals.
Also conversations were made with man and not with animals.
I think your knowledge about biology isn't top notch else you would realize these animals I mean everyone of them doesn't need man to survive but man can't survive without them.
As a king you should still be able to survive without your subjects but in this case, you know the rest
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
God can't put some checks and balances in place because man needs freedom to play out his heart. It is like blaming the makers of vehicles for not using rails to run them and avoid accidents.
you carefully avoided my first question why putting up a weak defense to the second. Which freedom are you really talking about? Your God know the end from the beginning, he knows what we think and what we want to do even before we do them, isn't that a pre written script? I ask what freedom again?
the makers of cars had their limitations because their aren't God, you can't be God and be making school boy errors
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Freedom?? There is no such as freedom, we are living a pre written script. You avoided my first question. The car makers are not God hence their limitation. You can't be God and make school boy errors

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2019
calculator123:
I think your knowledge about biology isn't top notch else you would realize these animals I mean everyone of them doesn't need man to survive but man can't survive without them.
As a king you should still be able to survive without your subjects but in this case, you know the rest
You just want to be argumentative for argument sake.

What has survival got to do with all this huh? Survival wasn't even in the picture before the command that man have dominion and rule over animals
Also did you not read where herbs originally was meant to be the food of man.

Man superiority over animals is not questionably friend

2 Likes

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You just want to be argumentative for argument sake.

What has survival got to do with all this huh? Survival wasn't even in the picture before the command that man have dominion and rule over animals
Also did you not read where herbs originally was meant to be the food of man.

Man superiority over animals is not questionably friend
Agreed, can you now answer my first question
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Who cursed the ground? God.
Who commited the sin? Man.
Who felt the pain? Man and innocent animals.

What a just god!
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by CodeTemplar: 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
calculator123:

Freedom?? There is no such as freedom, we are living a pre written script. You avoided my first question. The car makers are not God hence their limitation. You can't be God and make school boy errors
And you are God's school teacher abi?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
calculator123:
Agreed, can you now answer my first question
What question? Or you got my moniker mixed up with another one. Man's survival before eating the fruit had nothing with animals involved in it

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Who cursed the ground? God.
Who commited the sin? Man.
Who felt the pain? Man and innocent animals.

What a just god!
The narrative said the ground is cursed because of Man, as in what Man did, is the reason the ground changed from its original purpose, benefits, blessing etcetera. Our actions often affecting innocent bystanders is a fact of life.

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
calculator123:

are u aware that god regreted creating man? Meaning god made mistake.

An all-perfect god made mistake of creating man that he had to use water (rain) to destroy man.

Cc codetemplar

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:

are u aware that god regreted creating man? Meaning god made mistake.

An all-perfect god made mistake of creating man that he had to use water (rain) to destroy man.

Cc codetemplar

this then questions his God status

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
The narrative said the ground is cursed because of Man, as in what Man did, is the reason the ground changed from its original purpose, benefits, blessing etcetera. Our actions often affecting innocent bystanders is a fact of life.
an all-knowing god create everything in the garden including a tree that he knows wasnt supposed to be eaten by man.

Why create the tree in the first place?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by calculator123(m): 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What question? Or you got my moniker mixed up with another one. Man's survival before eating the fruit had nothing with animals involved in it
where I asked who created Satan and evil in the garden

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Christians Shouldn't Settle For Anything Less Than Spiritual Perfection / This day!!!!!! / Need A Free Jar Cellbook Mobile Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.