Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values (41634 Views)

Women Were Not Created To Take Care Of Themselves - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Leaders Of World Religions Adopt Human Fraternity (Pics) / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by ikorodureporta: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2019
Leader of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, Chief Francis Meshioye , has again debunked the public perception that the fraternity is a secret society.

Addressing newsmen in Lagos , Meshioye said there was nothing sinister in the activities of the fraternity .

“We are far from being a secret society; we are a registered entity that abides with the laws of the land and our objectives are to promote positive values, truth , justice and cultural heritage,” he said .

He explained that contrary to beliefs in some quarters, there was nothing secret or sinister about the fraternity , saying it was founded for the good of the society.

Meshionye further explained that the fraternity was actually founded in 1914 by a Christian , Deacon Jacobson Ogunbiyi , saying “the initial objective was to promote Christian values among the people . ”

He added that the group was later expanded to accommodate people of other faiths , hence the change in name from Ogboni Fraternity to Reformed Ogboni Fraternity.

Meshioye said a number of distinguished Nigerians , dead and living , were members of the group , emphasising that the fraternity was strictly for positive values.

He said it was note -worthy that the founding fathers of ROF were part of those who fought for the decolonisation of Nigeria , developed such establishments as the civil service , judiciary and many functional post- colonial institutions .
He listed some of them as late Sir Adetokunbo Ademola, late Chief Ladoke Akintola and late Sir Adeyemo Alakija.

Source: https://punchng.com/ogboni-fraternity-created-to-promote-christian-values-leader/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by RichDad1(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2019
Where’s the news?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by ikorodureporta: 10:59am On Dec 14, 2019
RichDad1:
Where’s the news?
U wn join?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by RichDad1(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2019
ikorodureporta:

U wn join?
I’m not interested.
However, Ogboni is not as bad as people are painting it.
Ogboni = Man/Men in Egba dialect. Ogboni Society literally means Men Society.
And truly it has a lot of roots in the early Orthodox Christianity setup. Anglican , Methodist , Baptist etc
Up till today, most top echelon of these churches and others in both religions [Christians and Muslims] are still covert members.

Edited: To all of you ignorant adults and indomie children, quoting me to yarn jargons, you know nothing. Read and learn.

The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity (Inc.) was instituted on 18 December 1914 by a Clergyman, the late Hon. Archdeacon T.A.J. Ogunbiyi, CBE, L. Th. of the Anglican Mission. It was later incorporated under the land (Perpetual Successions) Ordinance 1942 of the laws of the Federation of Nigeria on 17th day of June 1943.

Caveat : Views are mine and not the official position of the ROF as an institution.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Tekzyflex(m): 11:12am On Dec 14, 2019
Nah true! �

5 Likes

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by ikorodureporta: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2019
RichDad1:

I’m not interested.
However, Ogboni is not as bad as people are painting it.
Ogboni = Man/Men in Egba dialect. Ogboni Society literally means Men Society.
And truly has a lot of roots in the early Orthodox Christian setup. Anglican , Methodist , Baptist etc

u'r aware they sacrifice their child, esp first son

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Excallibur(m): 11:30am On Dec 14, 2019
End time ogboni

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by RichDad1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Don’t be ridiculous. Because that up there is not true. Can you mention few you know that scarified their firstborn?
Most of these things are hearsay.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by ijewejones: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Sugar coated teachings & sayings..

Well, everyone has the right to choose..

As for me & my family..WE'LL SERVE JEHOVAH

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by KingGBsky(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Are all this people sure they are ok? Since when does Ogboni promotes Christian value?
That leader must be an APC leader or Lai Mohammed

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by tstx(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
hmmmm..
Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by King44(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by StarUp: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
So this is how they brainwash people to join?...

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Prevd: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by ChildFun: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
While I was created to put a smile on children's faces.

Abeg see signature for children tablets to put a smile on a child's face this Christmas season.
Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by EdidemLord(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Evening Weed at work.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by damosade(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
We have an option to choose what we want with our lifes .
I rather not join any cult and stay peaceful with my body and soul.

Is it not because of position and fame?

VANITY

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by NaijaHeadlines: 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by tillaman(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
cool
I know a lot of ROFs and one common trait is they love laying Young girls 17-25yrs I have noticed this so I believe it’s related to rituals cause they are always rich
I have never seen a poor ROF
And reason I said it has to do with ritual is my Ex girl then dated one of them after we broke up, she was actually living the life then thinking it will last forever now babe is back to her father’s house doing London tailor plus she looks so frail last time I saw her

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by sureboykris(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by TooMuchStuff: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
These people operate like Free Masons or Italian Mafiaso. They are offshoots of Satanism.

Run from them and get delivered if u have the chance.
They're Evil people pretending to be good men.

God is not Author of Confusion.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by solmusdesigns: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
cool

yes thats a fact, ogboni is a fussion of africanism and christianity

*catholics infused paganism of the romans with christianity and everyone hails them, ogboni did the same they are called satanist
*catholics burnt incents and candle, ogboni does the same they are demons
*Catholics use psalms as an incantation to invoke things and calls other gods than Jehovah(el shadai, el bla bla and many bla bla more) but should ogboni do the same we wont rest
*catholic perform rituals from solomon and davids writtings and its cool but let a black man try it then he is demonic
*catholic have a uniform should ogboni do that thenits a crime

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by mrwonlasewonie: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
Werey ni e

Aja a jenu e

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
You know you can be prosecuted for this??

2 Likes

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by sniperr007(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Are you a member?
How did you know about the sacrifice?
What's your source of information?

9 Likes

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by jchioma: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Then, the society is based on a lie.

1 Like

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Smartwave: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikorodureporta:

prove it ? Just hear saying.

3 Likes

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
Really!I have witnessed some of their activities it doesn't seem so. From the weddings to their rituals is far from.christian valu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2019
Good
Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Says who?

5 Likes

Re: Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values by axglide(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
saying “the initial objective was to promote Christian values among the people . ”

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video) / Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Native Doctor Appeases gods With Orange Juice, Biscuits And Other Items. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.