Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi (1135 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Submission In A Marriage: Women, Why The Resistance? / Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2010
[size=20pt]Please read, long but entertaining grin grin grin grin 
[/size]

Kilon Sparkles!
[size=30pt]
Why is it that we all love eating out yet we don’t derive the same level of joy when it comes to paying the bill at the end of the meal? All of a sudden, people want to use the bathrooms; they want to make phone calls or forget their wallets in their cars.[/size]

[size=30pt]There aren’t many wholesome things to call a greedy person – so let’s just put it out there – grrobido, long throat, FFF friend for food, oni je wuru, or indeed wobia! These are some of the titles I’d like to bestow upon some of the ladies that have been taking the piss with nice guys who just enjoy being friendly.[/size]

Repeatedly, I have been hearing horrid stories of ladies taking the piss whilst on a date – I’m talking really stretching their limits – I’m talking ordering lobster in a 2-star restaurant, I’m talking only ordering strictly from the bottom of the menu list, I’m talking ordering a bottle of Petrus when you don’t know the difference between Merlot and Pinot Noir grapes, I’m talking (to add insult to injury) inviting a friend along.

I find all this quite amusing cause put on any of Destiny’s Child’s 90s classics and you’ll have every woman in the room run to the dancefloor, ready to claim their independent woman status, happily “…throwing your hands up at me” with all the honeys who makin’ money and the supposed mommas who profit dollars.

But at the same token they don’t want to pay their ‘bills bills bills’ either it be telephone or their automobile, it is generally more desirable to have some clown pick up the tab despite what Oluwabeyonce once taught them.

Dating a.k.a. won go out or won jade or befrnd ara won, is not only crap for a fresh divorcee but crap for anyone with an open mind to meet someone interesting.

Before Lagos had a restaurant in every corner and the only options were Tribes and Atlantic Bar – a date to the original Mega Plaza (before the burn down) to eat shawarma was a top date.

Today, it’s no longer just okay for a guy to take a lady on a date – first, he must pick the restaurant carefully depending on whether the date is classified as ‘runs’ or not, he must pick her up irrespective of whether he lives in Lekki and she likes in Ajao Estate. He must watch her take a menu from a waiter without saying thank you, he must sit in silence as she orders expensive, uncoordinated dishes, then, listen to her chat about the joys of being a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding as if that was not enough, she will then bat her lashes and ask with audacity “…can my friend join us, ?”

So whilst the guy is coming to terms with the fact that he’s just been cornered and there will be no kisses down there tonight, the supposed ‘date’ turns into an open mouth, spitting discussion about Lanre Da Silva’s sewing machine and the ill-mannered Yinka Bodyline staff.

As the ‘date’ goes on, neither the ‘date’ or ‘friend’ notice that the man who will be picking up the tab at the end of the night hasn’t said a word in an hour and his sporadic chuckles are a result of his BBM alerts not their precious chin wag about Femfresh.

But really ladies – is this fair?

Why would you do everything in your power to make him x you the moment he drops you back in Ajao Estate.

I mean, lets step out of the dinner scene and focus on some behavioural patterns for a moment. Why do some ladies play the high maintenance card yet don’t want to be seen as a gold-digger? Why would you ask a man what’s his seat number on a plane that you’re not even on? Why would you suggest going shopping with a man to see what types of shop he goes to? Why would you struggle to get a table at Nobu even though you don’t know the cuisine served just because he’s paying?

And then you complain your ololufe, the sugar-in-your-camomile doesn’t understand you.

Why? Why? Why?

And ladies you may also need to ask yourselves – why after the initial 3 months of showering before he comes over and frequenting the girl’s room for touch-ups comes the rearrangement of his flat, the adoption of his t-shirts as your preferred nightie, the freakish desire to share his toothbrush, the wearing of your weave skull caps (a.k.a. scarf) in bed.

And if he resists any of the above, he is suddenly accused of having ‘intimacy issues’.

I have plenty of friends with good hearts and an appetite for pleasing women who persistently get the piss taken out of them? Let’s get one thing clear – it’s a privilege that a man chooses to pick up the bill, not a right! The same way I believe it’s a privilege a woman cooks for her man, not a right!

The idea that just because he took you out to dinner does not mean you should leave your GTBank card at home. He probably wasn’t expecting you to pay but there’s comfort in knowing that she offered to pay for her plate of concoction and please I beg you ladies don’t ever ask a guy if you can invite a friend along.

Show some respect.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2010
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2010
LWKMD e be like say women don show this writer pepper grin grin grin grin grin

No space for broke assed dudes cool
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2010
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
chaircover:

Mr ChairCover abeg come here o!    angry angry

So how come it was only amala & ewedu the Belgium Buka at mile 2 for me & only if I was really really good I got a scotch egg from Tantalisers  cry

Anyway all is not lost. . . . . . . Baby ChairCover abeg come here girl & let me give you some lessons.

Rule number 1 - Forget your bank card at home, Rule number 2 - make sure that you always bring that your justin beiber groupie friend along, rule number 3 - etc etc etc

LMAO With women almost everything is possible grin grin grin

Please coach the girl well, who knows she might end up with 20 houses as gift from a future toaster, you fit use one house continue your shop business chaircover grin cheesy
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2010
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by melidee: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
your talking nigerian women you must be cause i cant see any western woman with that mentallity
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
melidee:

your talking nigerian women you must be cause[b] i cant see any western woman with that mentallity[/b]

You are joking right? IF you havent seen, I have
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Outstrip(f): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2010
My sister and her husband's first daye hahahahahahahahahahaha. My darling brother in law forgot his wallet. You have to know my sister to imagine how much sweat he had to be sweating when he realized hs wallet was not with him. My sister was just like 'oh really" LOL. He had to call his mom to bring his wallet to him. How embarrasaing. grin grin grin My sister no gree pay o. He quickly redeemed himself sha because they are now married.
chaircover:

Mr ChairCover abeg come here o! angry angry

So how come it was only amala & ewedu the Belgium Buka at mile 2 for me & only if I was really really good I got a scotch egg from Tantalisers cry

Anyway all is not lost. . . . . . . Baby ChairCover abeg come here girl & let me give you some lessons.

Rule number 1 - Forget your bank card at home, Rule number 2 - make sure that you always bring that your justin beiber groupie friend along, rule number 3 - etc etc etc

Ok this made me laugh because I will tell the same thing to my daughter when she gets here. Sometimes when you are the self sufficient type that is not really impressed with these kinds of things then the men just automatically forget that you still like to be pampered. The pampering in the honey moon stage is too important and should be milked for all it is worth.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by blank(f): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2010
Abeg let us hear word. As if guys don't do it with their own guys.
My husband is very generous and some guys like to take advantage of it.
We will all go to Natives and they will order Chiken Nkwobi, 5 rounds of beer, etc.
When time reach to pay, na only me and my husband go dey table (na den dem go answer long phone call or dissapear inside toilet).
Some might contribute N500 as if one bottle of Odeku on the island is N500.

Even if chics do it, when u see guys doing it it is so sad.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by mutter(f): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
I see nothing wrong with the man paying the bill especially if the man is older and an earner and the lady does not yet have an income.
However even then one should be realistic and fair, keeping the bills affordable and considering the mans wallet.
There is no need to go eating out so often and in the best places or ordering the most expensive meal.
If the woman can afford to she should also take the man out or buy him gifts at the appropriate time.
I guess even a non earning girl can afford to spend a token on her BF it is the emotion behind the gift that counts.
What I really hate is this use and abuse syndrome some women have or should I call it chop am die syndrome.
Every woman loves gifts but there is a difference between gifts and maintaining.
If a woman has pride and moral she would not engage in this greedy and disgusting habits.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 31, 2010
men too have learnt their lessons . . . now anytime you're going on a first or second date with a woman you're not very sure about, take her for a walk, the beach, park e.t.c. where you both can talk and enjoy each others company. Only take her to a place you have to foot the bill when you're 100% sure she's worth the sacrifice.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by chinedumo(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2010
this is a good point form the women
it is always good for one to at sometime be honest with your selve
if u were in the same shoes will u be happy to be treated the same way?

HERE IS THE POINT
THE ONE WHO PAYS THE PIPER DETECTS THE TUNE>
IT ID A MAN"S CHOICE TO CHOSE TO PAY FOR ALL ALONE>
HE SHOULD NOT BE MANIPULATED TO DO SO
IF HE CHOSE SO THEN IT IS HIS OWN PROBLEM BUT IF NOT < DONT PUT IT ON HIM

usually occurs in case where a man is after a high profile and multi-chased and wanted woman. so he pays all to impress her and win her to his side away from other male contestants. that is one the male side

but on the female side would u hope to win him over by insisting that he pays all.
Let him do what he ought to do and nothing more do ur own part.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by 1759(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
mutter:

What I really hate is this use and abuse syndrome some women have or should I call it chop am die syndrome.
Every woman loves gifts but there is a difference between gifts and maintaining.
If a woman has pride and moral she would not engage in this greedy and disgusting habits.

3 Gbosa for you.
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by chinedumo(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
remember something through out life

your concern should be how to give and not receive for a loving relationship.

it is MORE BLESSED (rewarding, gainful, beneficial etc) to give than to receive

it doesn't matter who has and who does not have do all in ur power to give from what u have
contribute to the relationship. one way he is at advantage in another way u are at advantage

remember what ever u sow u will reap
At the beginning he looks like the fool but at the havest he reaps his effort but you have nothing to reap cos u have spend and exhausted all privileges advantages favours and opportunities.

I dont wish this for anyone but u might spend ur elderly ages alone. without ur youth and beauty ti help u
Re: Women Why Do These To Your Men? You Wanna Eat Out But. . . . . Orishirishi by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2010
Lmao Outstrip's sister

That your sister na macho woman, no shaking and no long tin

So she sat down there and waited until the guy's mum brought the wallet? grin My generation will need coaching from her cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Job Opening @quarmby Construction Company UK / Financial Maturity Before Marriage (part 2) / Peer Pressure Vs Parental Guidance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.