Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Fight Against Stroke! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fight Against Stroke! (10694 Views)

Mainland Senior School Students Walk Across Fadeyi Lagos In Fight Against Drugs / Canada Demonstrates Commitment To The Fight Against Polio In Nigeria / Borno Targets 1.1 Million Children In Fight Against Malaria Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by omojeesu(m): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2019
Fake news for the ignorant!

What is stroke?

What causes stroke?

Knowing the answers above dispels ignorance!

Please take the person immediately to the hospital as fast as possible.

You should be arrested for this!
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by buJu234: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2019
These things will help:-
Always check ur sugar level, blood pressure and cholesterol.

Then regular exercises. .. will help.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by edwardaigb: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2019
On 31 Dec 2017, i suffered stroke at 2am. God saved me, after 3 months i can walk. God thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Lisaflex(f): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2019
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Scandinavian02: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2019
edwardaigb:
On 31 Dec 2017, i suffered stroke at 2am. God saved me, after 3 months i can walk. God thank you.

This is my story below. I will like to hear the details of yours so that people would learn. Thank God you are fine again.

I suffered an avoidable stroke in December 2017 as a result of my carelessness.

I was diagnosed of hypertension and placed on Morduretic and Niifedepine daily in 2008. I abandoned these drugs for over one year and also did not bother to check my BP on regular basis. On this day in December 2017, I went to the bathroom to have my bath and immediately I poured water on my body, I noticed the left side of my body was numb! I could not move my legs for about 10 minutes, I could not understand my body system again, I was palpitating and had to quickly call my sister. All this while, I didn't know I had a stroke until when we got to the hospital. when my BP was taken it stood at 230/150 and was admitted immediately. later i did a CT scan that revealed blood clot in my brain. I was told i had a stroke/CVA and fear gripped me immediately/ I was later transferred to a Secondary Health Facility for Intensive care.

All the Doctors were surprised that throughout that period I was conscious; I walked., talked, ate and bathed myself. They kept thanking God for me and told me that I do not know what God had done for me to be able to be moving my body and talking. That the part of my brain that was affected was not the part controlling motion, speech etc but sensory that was why the left side of my body especially my foot was numb. The numbness has since disappeared and only feel it small at the edge of my left foot.

My Advice

I DO NOT JOKE WITH MY DRUGS AGAIN! Please and please, for all those that are pre-hypertensive or hypertensive i beg you in the name of God, please take your drugs religiously. Please take your drugs religiously. I am begging us all. It was not a nice experience at all.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by adozie(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2019
FOR THOSE POSTING THIS - IT IS UNFAIR TO SPREAD FAKE INFORMATION ABOUT STROKE AND HOW TO PREVENT IT. THIS IS A SERIOUS CONDITION THAT AFFECTS ABOUT 200,000 EVERY YEAR IN NIGERIA. THE CAUSES OF STROKE ARE WELL KNOWN AND TREATMENT IS WELL UNDERSTOOD BY DOCTORS.

THIS IS FAKE NEWS AND IT EVIL TO FILL THE IGNORANT WITH FAKE INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE HAVING A STROKE OR WNAT TO KNOW YOUR RISK OF HAVING ONE OLEASE SEE A DOCTOR PREFERABLY A NEUROLOGIST!!!
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by AreaFada2: 10:25am On Mar 04, 2019
edwardaigb:

Thank God for you dude. What type of stroke was it?
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2019
Lucky you!

Your carelessness almost cost you your life. Bp lowering drugs are very cheap and can be bought easily. I wonder why you stopped taking them. If you continue taking them you can live a normal life and live a 100 years. Almost everybody you see today is on a daily prescription medicine. You won't know until your friend tells you his health challenges.

Lots of people are not aware they have hbp because they don't visit the doctor when ill. Anytime you check into a hospital the first thing they do is to check your vital signs. Some people are aware but their pastors or spiritual father told them to stop taking medication daily because they believe in God miracles. Pure ignorance.

Wish you well and don't ever let a single day pass by without swallowing your drugs

Scandinavian02:

I was diagnosed of hypertension and placed on Morduretic and Niifedepine daily in 2008. I abandoned these drugs for over one year and also did not bother to check my BP on regular basis. On this day in December 2017, I went to the bathroom to have my bath and immediately I poured water on my body, I noticed the left side of my body was numb! I could not move my legs for about 10 minutes, I could not understand my body system again, I was palpitating and had to quickly call my sister. All this while, I didn't know I had a stroke until when we got to the hospital. when my BP was taken it stood at 230/150 and was admitted immediately. later i did a CT scan that revealed blood clot in my brain. I was told i had a stroke/CVA and fear gripped me immediately/ I was later transferred to a Secondary Health Facility for Intensive care.

All the Doctors were surprised that throughout that period I was conscious; I walked., talked, ate and bathed myself. They kept thanking God for me and told me that I do not know what God had done for me to be able to be moving my body and talking. That the part of my brain that was affected was not the part controlling motion, speech etc but sensory that was why the left side of my body especially my foot was numb. The numbness has since disappeared and only feel it small at the edge of my left foot.

My Advice

I DO NOT JOKE WITH MY DRUGS AGAIN! Please and please, for all those that are pre-hypertensive or hypertensive i beg you in the name of God, please take your drugs religiously. Please take your drugs religiously. I am begging us all. It was not a nice experience at all.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by AreaFada2: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2019
Scandinavian02:

This is my story below. I will like to hear the details of yours so that people would learn. Thank God you are fine again.

My Advice

Thank you

This is the exact problem we are seeing, even in diaspora. People with hbp and diabetes are not taking their drugs. Many stopped because pastor told them they are healed and no need for drugs. Those pastors belong in jail. That's a topic for another day.

They then have stroke or kidney failure, often fatal at the end. It is their poor families that suffer when they die or become seriously incapacitated.

Faith without work is dead.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by jeff1607(m): 10:34am On Mar 04, 2019
Scandinavian02:

My Advice

Thank you

when we notice our ailments disappearing we tend not to finish the drugs rather we push it aside.

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Dorlovito: 10:36am On Mar 04, 2019
God bless you for sharing
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Scandinavian02: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2019
AmiciLord:
Lucky you!

Your carelessness almost cost you your life. Bp lowering drugs are very cheap and can be bought easily. I wonder why you stopped taking them. If you continue taking them you can live a normal life and live a 100 years. Almost everybody you see today is on a daily prescription medicine. You won't know until your friend tells you his health challenges.

Lots of people are not aware they have hbp because they don't visit the doctor when ill. Anytime you check into a hospital the first thing they do is to check your vital signs. Some people are aware but their pastors or spiritual father told them to stop taking medication daily because they believe in God miracles. Pure ignorance.

Wish you well and don't ever let a single day pass by without swallowing your drugs

I am even covered with an HMO.

Our people need to check their BP on regular basis because HBP is a silent killer.

I will continue to preach this until our people would understand,

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by FIRDAUS3(m): 11:21am On Mar 04, 2019
Nice one
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Kizopumpin(m): 11:30am On Mar 04, 2019
Quite informative live saving info. Jah bless cool
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by skukimania(f): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2019
Wow! I wish I have known all these about a year and a half ago. Who knows, my mum might still be alive. cry

Well, nice one @ op.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by edwardaigb: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2019
adozie:
FOR THOSE POSTING THIS - IT IS UNFAIR TO SPREAD FAKE INFORMATION ABOUT STROKE AND HOW TO PREVENT IT. THIS IS A SERIOUS CONDITION THAT AFFECTS ABOUT 200,000 EVERY YEAR IN NIGERIA. THE CAUSES OF STROKE ARE WELL KNOWN AND TREATMENT IS WELL UNDERSTOOD BY DOCTORS.

IF YOU ARE HAVING A STROKE OR WNAT TO KNOW YOUR RISK OF HAVING ONE OLEASE SEE A DOCTOR PREFERABLY A NEUROLOGIST!!!

i am not much of writing person, i have be having funny feeling for a while and never in my mind thought about stroke. i went for picnic with my wife and 2 children on the 30 of DEC 2017. At the middle of the nigh i woke up very thirsty and requested my wife to help me with drinking water from the kitchen. By the time she came with the water i was just restless and the whole house was turning, the next thing i noticed was that i started vomiting and became very very very weak.
The next thing, i felt numbness from the right side of my body from my head to my leg, If you cut any part of my my right side i ll not feel it.
My wife called my neighbor in the estate who is a doctor, he came and check my bp 230 by 190. i was rushed to the hospital and spent 11 days in icu. long story, i learnt to walk again and control my hands. A lot of physiotherapy and most importantly GOD just decided to save me
My advice, as from 30 years of age, monitor your bp regularly and watch your salt, beer and cigarette consumption.
Today my bp have stabilize {116 by 85} because i have the apparatus and check it regularly and also take my drug daily lisinopri and nefidipine. Thank God for my life. i do everything i use to do before and drive very well and operate my machine. God just saved me. i cannot tell everything.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Ratello: 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
edwardaigb:

i am not much of writing person, i have be having funny feeling for a while and never in my mind thought about stroke. i went for picnic with my wife and 2 children on the 30 of DEC 2017. At the middle of the nigh i woke up very thirsty and requested my wife to help me with drinking water from the kitchen. By the time she came with the water i was just restless and the whole house was turning, the next thing i noticed was that i started vomiting and became very very very weak.
The next thing, i felt numbness from the right side of my body from my head to my leg, If you cut any part of my my right side i ll not feel it.
My wife called my neighbor in the estate who is a doctor, he came and check my bp 230 by 190. i was rushed to the hospital and spent 11 days in icu. long story, i learnt to walk again and control my hands. A lot of physiotherapy and most importantly GOD just decided to save me
My advice, as from 30 years of age, monitor your bp regularly and watch your salt, beer and cigarette consumption.
Today my bp have stabilize {116 by 85} because i have the apparatus and check it regularly and also take my drug daily lisinopri and nefidipine. Thank God for my life. i do everything i use to do before and drive very well and operate my machine. God just saved me. i cannot tell everything.

Oh my God shocked shocked yours was indeed a miracle I mean Heaven endorsed miracle for you to survive paralysis on your right side. I am so happy for you
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by oxypress: 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
adozie:

Treatment from Dracula waiting to refill empty blood bank of witches and wizards by wiping out (killing to death) the 87% of hemorrhagic stroke patients.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by okwabayi(m): 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
omojeesu:

What is stroke?

What causes stroke?

I guessed this also.
It looks too simple for a remedy.
If everyone knew this even early as 2012 stroke would have become non-existent.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Pesb(m): 1:27am On Mar 05, 2019
I also want to make some contributions....

I used to hear people say that stroke are best handled by tradomedical doctors/herbalists....

That's a lie from the pit of hell......

Once you see early signs, quickly dash to the nearest hospital for treatment/checkup.......

My loved one was a victim too......

She wasn't taking her Bp drugs regularly.....and it resulted to ischemic stroke.......God saved her....she can talk clearly now, except the left part of her body is not functioning as it should.....Glory to God for life.

Coupled with this 'my pastor say"...."my member testified saying"....and all that.....I am not saying there is no miracle

But intentionally dropping your drugs just to prove a point can be risky sometimes.....

When God heals you completely, you will know....

Even your Doctor will see it and begin to review your drugs to be very certain.....

Mind you, these drugs are even miracles on their own...

God made these researches come through by his great wisdom through men.......

Taking drugs doesn't mean you are out of covenant of God's grace....... because is still God that can make that drug work for you.....

Lets be wise and go for knowledge.....

Knowing the Truth will surely set us free... emancipate us from all bondages/captivities.....

Shalom!!¡!

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Stroke! by oxypress: 8:29am On Mar 05, 2019
Pesb:
I also want to make some contributions....

I used to hear people say that stroke are best handled by tradomedical doctors/herbalists....

That's a lie from the pit of hell......

Once you see early signs, quickly dash to the nearest hospital for treatment/checkup.......

My loved one was a victim too......

She wasn't taking her Bp drugs regularly.....and it resulted to ischemic stroke.......God saved her....she can talk clearly now, except the left part of her body is not functioning as it should.....Glory to God for life.

Coupled with this 'my pastor say"...."my member testified saying"....and all that.....I am not saying there is no miracle

But intentionally dropping your drugs just to prove a point can be risky sometimes.....

When God heals you completely, you will know....

Even your Doctor will see it and begin to review your drugs to be very certain.....

Mind you, these drugs are even miracles on their own...

God made these researches come through by his great wisdom through men.......

Taking drugs doesn't mean you are out of covenant of God's grace....... because is still God that can make that drug work for you.....

Lets be wise and go for knowledge.....

Knowing the Truth will surely set us free... emancipate us from all bondages/captivities.....

Shalom!!¡!
Oga, leave those nonsense testimonies of herbal, native, and spiritual, wayo stemcell they are brandishing arround. They are full of lies and coverups to save face and hide failures.
Hyperbaric oxygen is one treatment that can stand the test of time. It does what it is claimed to do.
For a fast recovery from stroke there must be early presentation to treatment. But improvement can still be achieved with late presentation.
HBOT is pure medical science supervised by physician.
We can help any stroke patients that needs this service.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
This can save a life!
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by nkemjacob2(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2019
We need video for this. Writing alone does not pass message effectively
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by Pesb(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
oxypress:

Oga, leave those nonsense testimonies of herbal, native, and spiritual, wayo stemcell they are brandishing arround. They are full of lies and coverups to save face and hide failures.
Hyperbaric oxygen is one treatment that can stand the test of time. It does what it is claimed to do.
For a fast recovery from stroke there must be early presentation to treatment. But improvement can still be achieved with late presentation.
HBOT is pure medical science supervised by physician.
We can help any stroke patients that needs this service.

You have started your own marketing again in serious medical challenge as this........

Is this not your thread marketer:

https://www.nairaland.com/1246750/autism-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy

Please take your wards to the hospital early enough.....

Marketers can tell u anything.....just to earn their commission.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by oxypress: 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
Pesb:

You have started your own marketing again in serious medical challenge as this........

Is this not your thread marketer:

https://www.nairaland.com/1246750/autism-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy

Please take your wards to the hospital early enough.....

Marketers can tell u anything.....just to earn their commission.
Bros I liked your write up, supported it and was trying to make you and others see the benefit of hbot for their loved ones as a reliable treatment for stroke. I did not target you o.
HBOT is a more effective way to treat stroke. What we write is fact and not fiction. If we don't put out the information who will? So bros, no vex.
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by enny234: 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
omojeesu:

What is stroke?

What causes stroke?

I share similar sentiments
Stroke could be ischaemic or hemorrhagic
This method in this post as nice as it sounds would only work for the hemorrhagic(i am not saying it works) type
However, ischaenic stroke is commoner
So best advice is to rush the person to a health facility
Re: Fight Against Stroke! by omojeesu(m): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2019
enny234:

I share similar sentiments
Stroke could be ischaemic or hemorrhagic
This method in this post as nice as it sounds would only work for the hemorrhagic(i am not saying it works) type
However, ischaenic stroke is commoner
So best advice is to rush the person to a health facility

Cant even work for the haemorrhagic! Will blood letting at the fingertips restore burst cerebral blood vessels?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? / Drugs That Can Stop Loss Of Blood Due To Disvirginity? / Kidney Donor Wanted Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.