Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless (1003 Views)

Russia Got Richer By $600 Billion While U.S Lost $6 Trillion Last Year (Photo) / Clear Picture Of The Drone That Killed Gen Qassem Soleimani Of Iran. / ‎₦5.8 Billion, MQ-9 Reaper Drone That Took Out General Soleimani In Iraq(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
In this era of cheap drones, president Trump and his Maga thinks a simple wall will keep intruders and drugs out of US side of the border. So lesson China learnt more than 1,500 years ago.

Here is a drone that can carry people, drugs and guns across a wall in seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAbCGsntQis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
My man wirinet. I sent you a mail since 3days ago
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
Fake. The background has a shadow of a crane attached
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
beatcoins:
Fake. The background has a shadow of a crane attached

I did not realise the above video is a hoax as I did not read the YouTube comments.
The concept is highly feasible though. A drone that can lift men high into the air is not very difficult to build.

See another one here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At3xcj-pTjg
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
wirinet:

I did not realise the above video is a hoax as I did not read the YouTube comments.
The concept is highly feasible though. A drone that can lift men high into the air is not very difficult to build.

See another one here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At3xcj-pTjg
it may not be difficult to build but know that the wall trump is building could have anti drone guns.

Drones this size cannot lift a human.

2 Likes

Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by QDubz(m): 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
There'd also be motion sensors, jammers and radar covering the entire perimeter.
But a tunnel cld still be dug under.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
QDubz:
There'd also be motion sensors, jammers and radar covering the entire perimeter.
But a tunnel cld still be dug under.

not feasible.
It's impossible to put motion sensors on the over 2000 miles wall that would cover the whole Mexican border.

Radar do not work on ground level or very low altitudes. Planes bypass radar by flying very low.

What's the use of jammers in stopping human operated drones, besides, you can install jammers on the entire length of the wall

1 Like

Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
beatcoins:
it may not be difficult to build but know that the wall trump is building could have anti drone guns.

Drones this size cannot lift a human.
Anti drone guns along a 2000 mile border?

This drone was actually lifting a human and there are lots of Drones on youtube with humans in it.

The main problem with these types of Drones is that Drone manufacturers are forbidden from building it. If you want one you have to build it yourself, and that takes quite some expertise and money.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by QDubz(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
wirinet:

not feasible.
It's impossible to put motion sensors on the over 2000 miles wall that would cover the whole Mexican border.

Radar do not work on ground level or very low altitudes. Planes bypass radar by flying very low.

What's the use of jammers in stopping human operated drones, besides, you can install jammers on the entire length of the wall

Do you know there is a land mine that uses laser sensors covering miles in the use army?. Walking Tru it web of lasers several miles out would triger it mine to launch projectiles at the point of detection? Maiming or killing victims.
And the reaper drones jammed by iran was operated by what?
Guy chill dat whole area would be covered by awacs and other assets complementing each other.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 6:39am On Mar 05, 2019
QDubz:

Do you know there is a land mine that uses laser sensors covering miles in the use army?. Walking Tru it web of lasers several miles out would triger it mine to launch projectiles at the point of detection? Maiming or killing victims.
And the reaper drones jammed by iran was operated by what?
Guy chill dat whole area would be covered by awacs and other assets complementing each other.

Landmines are laid on land and are triggered when you walk through it, drones fly in the air and avoid Landmines.

How will a jammer jam a manual hand operated drone?

As I said, jammers will not be practical along a 2000 mile length of wall.

Drones are similar to a helicopters, while helicopters uses 2 blades and are usually driven by fuel engines, drones has multiple blades and are driven with battery power.

Here is another drone used to lift persons to higher altitudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg__zXMeSgo

1 Like

Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by panafrican(m): 4:34am On Mar 08, 2019
The US air Force will shoot it down esasily.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by mysticwarrior(m): 5:50am On Mar 08, 2019
Flying an unidentified drone across that wall without authorization is a violation of the US airspace and a treat to its internal security, American security Agents will happily bring it down.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
mysticwarrior:
Flying an unidentified drone across that wall without authorization is a violation of the US airspace and a treat to its internal security, American security Agents will happily bring it down.
Same way walking across the border is a violation of US landspace. Same as digging under the wall or climbing over the wall. But then, the US would need to man security agents all along the 2000 mile wall 24/7.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by mysticwarrior(m): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
wirinet:

Same way walking across the border is a violation of US landspace. Same as digging under the wall or climbing over the wall. But then, the US would need to man security agents all along the 2000 mile wall 24/7.
they don't need to put security agents along the wall, the airforce is monitoring the US airspace from all sides, any flying objects crossing the US border would be easily detected by radar, the radar send's signals to the control unit of the exact position, direction and possible destination of the drone, they would even send a faster drone to counter the intruding drone, and it should be noted that even without shooting the drone, they could magnet it with a powerful magnet attached to a bigger drone.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
mysticwarrior:
they don't need to put security agents along the wall, the airforce is monitoring the US airspace from all sides, any flying objects crossing the US border would be easily detected by radar, the radar send's signals to the control unit of the exact position, direction and possible destination of the drone, they would even send a faster drone to counter the intruding drone, and it should be noted that even without shooting the drone, they could magnet it with a powerful magnet attached to a bigger drone.

As you have no understanding of scientific principles governing drones, radar and avionics in generals, you are making science fiction assumptions.

How do you expect radar to pick up an object made of fibreglass measuring no more than 3 square metres and flying not more than 20 metres from the ground? (Trump's wall is less than 7 metres)

The drone is not expected to fly across the US or even across a county, just a couple of minutes flight of a distance less than a couple of km on either sides of the border.

Preventing drones from flying into airports (which is an aviation hazard) is difficult, and you are talking about a 2000 mile length.

Read this report from CNN of how difficult it is to stop drones from flying into airports, which happens to have the best and most effective radar coverage;

How can drones be stopped?
"The technology to counter these machines is in its infancy," Matthew Whitfield, instructor at drone training company Flyby Technology and a former Royal Navy fighter pilot, told CNN.

Disabling a drone would require jamming the frequency between the controller and the drone itself. But the electromagnetic disturbance used to jam that signal would be nearly impossible to use at airports, as it would interfere with aircraft and communication systems.

While geofencing for sensitive locations, such as prisons, is already in operation it doesn't always work -- not all drones need GPS or Wi-Fi, and some can work using artificial intelligence.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/20/uk/drone-gatwick-airport-explainer-gbr-intl/index.html

1 Like

Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by persius555(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
The United States will eventually have to invest more in human intelligence and skill which will eventually skyrocket the price it will pay to make the wall relevant. I see human traffickers investing heavily in these machines. But trust the US to counter this technology.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
persius555:
The United States will eventually have to invest more in human intelligence and skill which will eventually skyrocket the price it will pay to make the wall relevant. I see human traffickers investing heavily in these machines. But trust the US to counter this technology.

The wall will be useless. It's too long. It will take enormous cost and man power to police a 2000 mile long wall.

It will be difficult to for technology to identify a small flying object made of non metal (radars signals reflect only metals), flying at almost tree level for a few minutes.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by mysticwarrior(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
wirinet:

The wall will be useless. It's too long. It will take enormous cost and man power to police a 2000 mile long wall.

It will be difficult to for technology to identify a small flying object made of non metal (radars signals reflect only metals), flying at almost tree level for a few minutes.
my brother no matter how small a drone size is it could be detected as long as it has proprelas, even Isreali spy vultures with small surveillance cameras have been detected and intercepted in Lebanon, not to talk of a drone that could be possibly used to smuggle weapons and carry out terrorist attack. After 9/11 2001 the US has been very serious about their security system, its not easy as you think.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by persius555(m): 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
wirinet:

The wall will serve its immediate purpose which is to prevent massive movement of aliens across the Mexico-US border. As for the drones which would most likely be positioned anywhere close to the walls, the united states will go after them from the Mexico side of the wall. Drones would be deployed to pick out the positioning of these human carrying drones.
I see a war of drones brewing after the walls are erected.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2019
persius555:

The wall will serve its immediate purpose which is to prevent massive movement of aliens across the Mexico-US border. As for the drones which would most likely be positioned anywhere close to the walls, the united states will go after them from the Mexico side of the wall. Drones would be deployed to pick out the positioning of these human carrying drones.
I see a war of drones brewing after the walls are erected.

I like the ring to it - war of the drones. I believe that as drones becomes more sophisticated and available, they would play an increasing important role in war. I forsee an army of small drones with all sorts of weapons, guns, bombs, etc, attacking enemy territory and soldiers.
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by persius555(m): 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
wirinet:

I like the ring to it - war of the drones. I believe that as drones becomes more sophisticated and available, they would play an increasing important role in war. I forsee an army of small drones with all sorts of weapons, guns, bombs, etc, attacking enemy territory and soldiers.

Swarm technology is already been considered for future warfare. They could actuality be deployed for border patrol as well. AI/Drone combo is a killer combo
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2019
wirinet:

bro. I left you a message days ago. haven't heard from you
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
See another interesting drone here that a person can surf on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFw3tJuFj4w
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by mysticwarrior(m): 6:03am On Mar 10, 2019
wirinet:
See another interesting drone here that a person can surf on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFw3tJuFj4w
hmm I would love to see him fly that drone above a hard surface area and to a greater height?
Re: Cheap Drone That Can Render Trump's $6 Billion Wall Useless by wirinet(m): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2019
mysticwarrior:
hmm I would love to see him fly that drone above a hard surface area and to a greater height?

This drone is obviously a prototype, it has zero safety measures, that's was why the builder flew it over water and very low. You see that when it failed in the end, the surfer simply fell into the water, unhurt.

This drone only proves that a drone that can carry a person over a 7 foot wall is not that difficult.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trump Is Sending Mails To Instigate Violence / JUST IN: Pennsylvania Republicans Introduce Resolution Disputing Election Result / Russian Invasion: 20,000 Feared Dead In Mariupol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.