Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed (2519 Views)

All You Need To Know About The Law As A Programmer & Startup Founder In Nigeria / Co Founder Needed For A Dating Application / Tech Co-founder Needed For Huge Business Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 3:42am On Mar 09, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Thanks, you stated my point exactly. There are a lot that have little or nothing to offer and will still post their contacts. How am I supposed to know the right person if I don’t know what each person is trying to offer. If 100 people are interested and post their emails, will I be emailing them one by one?? God bless you for having good insight. I only want the best team for this project.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 3:43am On Mar 09, 2019
resosdigital:

Wrong.

There is nothing bossy about the questions.

If I want to partner with you, I should at least know what you bring to the table.

He simply asked what his skills were to see if he was the kind of partner he was looking for

Thanks, you stated my point exactly. There are a lot that have little or nothing to offer and will still post their contacts. How am I supposed to know the right person if I don’t know what each person is trying to offer. If 100 people are interested and post their emails, will I be emailing them one by one?? God bless you for having good insight. I only want the best team for this project.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 3:45am On Mar 09, 2019
eph12:

The op clearly stated that some things should be stated here, but I was surprised that I started seeing emails without any statement of technical abilities.

I'm still wondering why putting up your stack and experience, plus projects you've worked on, on nairaland, is such a bad thing. If you can't put up your skill set on public forums, where can you put it up?

We have a lot to learn as an individual and as a group in this country.
I am sorry disregard what I initially said. I read the wrong thing. I thought you were also buttressing the point that it is bad to post one’s skills on public forum. God bless you!
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 3:47am On Mar 09, 2019
resosdigital:

This is very wrong and rude.
Leave am sir, e sabi talk well. I will be stupid to banter words with him.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
EvilSec:

Would've loved to help in the project if it's not about some shady startup, but I am not based in Lagos! But then again, I could help with the website security and development! I am detail driven with an eye for spotting webapp errors, and identifying flawed analysis or faulty logic. My analytical skills are sharp and I am able to correct complex server misconfigurations, and help you understand the options for an adversary to break into and move throughout your system! Which essentially means I can test the security posture of your mobile app and web app to see how it will fair against real-time attacks – before it actually happens.
Please what state are you based?
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by EvilSec: 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Please what state are you based?
Mars at the moment.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by stanliwise(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Please enlighten me! How is it a bad thing to post your skills online? Even if not for this project, someone else can open nairaland and see the skills some of you have and give a big contract.
He is supporting you... I don't think you understand what eph12 wrote.

As for me I hate the idea of dropping personal contact but as for portfolio I can.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 1:51am On Mar 10, 2019
stanliwise:
He is supporting you... I don't think you understand what eph12 wrote.

As for me I hate the idea of dropping personal contact but as for portfolio I can.
My bad! I was angry so I read the wrong thing. I thought he was also supporting the fact that it is bad to state one’s skills in a public forum.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by Ysakaws1: 1:54am On Mar 10, 2019
eph12:

The op clearly stated that some things should be stated here, but I was surprised that I started seeing emails without any statement of technical abilities.

I'm still wondering why putting up your stack and experience, plus projects you've worked on, on nairaland, is such a bad thing. If you can't put up your skill set on public forums, where can you put it up?

We have a lot to learn as an individual and as a group in this country.
Like for real! I am really shocked that some see those questions has being bossy and some feel it is bad to talk about one’s skills in a public forum. I can’t wrap my head around that ideology. I am only seeking for the best partner, and knowing each person’s skills is the only way I can ascertain that. Thanks for your response tho!
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by mayorcon(m): 10:04am On Mar 12, 2019
Ysakaws1:

My bad! I was angry so I read the wrong thing. I thought he was also supporting the fact that it is bad to state one’s skills in a public forum.

Someone once said, as a non techy co founder who has the intellectual property, you must bring two other things to the table to be able to function well, these are business knowledge and financial support. I think you should state what you are bringing to the table clearly for them to know sir.
Real developers who are good at what they do are very busy and occupied, if they will join a start-up that has no traction yet then they have to be double sure about what they are getting themselves into. My token though
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by TourismMan(m): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
hontimmy:
oyewoletimmy20@gmail.com
Have replied your Pm. Please check.
Re: Tech-savvy Co-founder Needed by conquerorsword: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
Guys careful of 419 oooh, billion dollar,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Want To Learn Python / Where Are The Nigerian UI/UX Design Gurus / Developers, Come In Lets Be Truthful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.