Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot (1655 Views)

Help, Laptop Refuse To Boot / System Refuses To Boot Despite Power Light Being On. / My System Refuse To Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot by Cmanforall: 12:35am On Aug 31, 2010
This is a new laptop(HP probook, Windows7). The system was shutdown appropriately yesterday but on trying to 'on' it now, it can't boot. It will reach the 'Safe Mode', 'Start Windows normally, 'etc region but after that, it won't continue. Only the cursor will be showing. It won't even progress to where I will type the password.

Pls I need help seriously cos I should be returning it to the owner 2moro. You know how this is, Someone giving you something in a very good condition; returning it in this condition, ?? Pls help, am so confused,
Re: Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 31, 2010
try n get a windows 7 boot disk or a windows 7 setup disk and slot it in immediately u put on the system and boot form the disk and it will get to a point,where it
will provide some options, choose the system repair option(i dnt really knw how it wuld put it as in the words) and follow evry step from there on ward, there it d system shuld be up and runnin again,
Re: Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot by phemmy88(m): 11:14am On Aug 31, 2010
Go to the computer engineers thread and complain. I once have a problem like that wit my pc.
Re: Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot by deji2009(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2010
Cmanforall:

This is a new laptop(HP probook, Windows7). The system was shutdown appropriately yesterday but on trying to 'on' it now, it can't boot. It will reach the 'Safe Mode', 'Start Windows normally, 'etc region but after that, it won't continue. Only the cursor will be showing. It won't even progress to where I will type the password.

Pls I need help seriously cos I should be returning it to the owner 2moro. You know how this is, Someone giving you something in a very good condition; returning it in this condition, ?? Pls help, am so confused,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like you to follow my colleagues advice/instructions.
If no joy here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause. Connect charger to laptop, power on
laptop keep pressing F10 until you get Bios setup utility. use arrow key to navigate to diagnostics
and primary hard disk self test. I like you to do the long test and post the result please

If diagnostics is not available. restart F8 safe mode> when in safe mode click start and type

rstrui press enter choose a date when it was last working and follow on screen instructions.
Check to make sure no cd in cd/dvd drive, usb sticks or any other device then test.

Good luck

Niceyenuf:

try n get a windows 7 boot disk or a windows 7 setup disk and slot it in immediately u put on the system and boot form the disk and it will get to a point,where it
will provide some options, choose the system repair option(i dnt really knw how it wuld put it as in the words) and follow evry step from there on ward, there it d system shuld be up and runnin again,

This would be the last resort.

(1) (Reply)

Swift 4g Control Panel Help / Whats The Best HP Desktop Computer To Use For Gaming? / Hp Pavilion Dv 6000. 40k SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.