Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Equities Market Records N113bn Gain - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Equities Market Records N113bn Gain (3453 Views)

Market Contracts As Unrest Escalates...investors Lost N113bn / After Record Loss, Nigeria’s Equities Market Rebounds / Flour Mills, CHI Plc Lead Gainers As Stock Market Records Marginal Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by sophsia62: 3:59am On Mar 05, 2019
The Nigerian equities market kick-started trading activities for the week, yesterday on a positive note, driven by the positive performance in 25 stocks across Banking, Consumer and Industrial sectors. As a result, the All – Share- Index (ASI) gained 302.70 absolute points, representing an increase of 0.95 per cent, to close at 32,129.94 points. Similarly, market capitalisation grew by N113 billion, to close at N11.982 trillion. The upturn was impacted by gains recorded in medium and large capitalised stocks, amongst which are; International Breweries, Guaranty Trust Bank, Zenith Bank, Dangote Flour Mills and Dangote Cement. Analysts at Afrinvest Limited believed that the positive performance recorded yesterday would persist into subsequent trading sessions as investors continue to take positions in fundamentally sound stocks. Market breadth was positive, recording 25 gainers against 10 losers. McNichols recorded the highest price gain of 9.80 per cent, to close at 56 kobo, per share. Cutix followed with a gain of 9.76 per cent to close at N2.25, while NPF Microfinance Bank rose by 9.72 per cent to close at N1.58, per share. Wema Bank appreciated by 9.09 per cent to close at 84 kobo, while Sovereign Trust Insurance up by 8.70 per cent to close at 25 kobo, per share. On the other hand, PZ Industries led the losers’ chart by 9.67 per cent, to close at N12.15, per share. Livestock Feeds followed with a decline of 8.96 per cent to close at 61 kobo, while Consolidated Hallmark Insurance lost 7.14 per cent to close at 26 kobo, per share. Law Union & Rock Insurance shed 5.45 per cent to close at 52 kobo, while United Capital depreciated by 2.99 per cent, to close at N3.25, per share. However, total volume of trades decreased by 33 per cent to 228.48 million units, valued at N2.61 billion and exchanged in 3,544 deals. Transactions in the shares of Diamond Bank topped the activity chart with 33.03 million shares valued at N82.11 million. United Bank for Africa (UBA) followed with 31.1 million shares worth N239.14 million, while Zenith Bank traded 28.87 million shares valued at N703.1 million. Access Bank traded 21.01 million shares valued at N124.2 million, while Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp) transacted 16.98 million shares worth N37.56 million.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/equities-market-records-n113bn-gain.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by mknigeriagreat: 5:01am On Mar 05, 2019
Take it or leave it nigeria will soon be great. The honest and wealthy investors will still invest in our economy. PMB is getting it right and setting the right foundation. If you dont believe in his policies, kenya is looking for people to increase her population. You can relocate.

As you can see one of the children of hate downstairs. Im on the first floor that child of hate is on the ground floor below me. Even the devil rejoices a bit with the news of success but as for them, they are bittered. God should have created you guys in somalia.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Jestin: 5:04am On Mar 05, 2019
Progressive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by wissenschaften(m): 5:06am On Mar 05, 2019
Ok
Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by rentAcock(m): 5:07am On Mar 05, 2019
The Nigerian Stock Exchange has been a money printing machine for many Nigerians and foreign investors. It is the well oiled machine that powers our pensions and individual investors have realized gains that would make real estate appreciation look like mere peanuts. Research shows that, money invested in stocks doubles every 5 years. The recent gains can be attributed to Buhari's reelection, but we should not forget that in 1994 Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian to score in the worldcup where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0. If coach Westerhof did not remove Amunike during the round of 16 game against Italy, the super eagles may have made it to the semi finals.
Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by AntiWailer: 5:08am On Mar 05, 2019
The pained idiots who screamed loss will stay away from gain grin

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by thesicilian: 5:09am On Mar 05, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
Take it or leave it nigeria will soon be great. The honest and wealthy investors will still invest in our economy. PMB is getting it right and setting the right foundation. If you dont believe in his policies, kenya is looking for people to increase her population. You can relocate.

As you can see one of the children of hate downstairs. Im on the first floor that child of hate is on the ground floor below me. Even the devil rejoices a bit with the news of success but as for them, they are bittered. God should have created you guys in somalia.
A country where the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer cannot be great.
Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Stekent2: 5:09am On Mar 05, 2019
Good report

1 Like

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by mknigeriagreat: 5:09am On Mar 05, 2019
Jestin:
Progressive

See your guy up you from the rising of the sun already disgracing his generation. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by mknigeriagreat: 5:13am On Mar 05, 2019
thesicilian:

A country where the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer cannot be great.

For your information, God just made me rich this month of march here in this same country under this same administration. So keep saying as you wish. You want to remain poor? Then stay poor. But either you like it or not, some are gettinf rich and were once poor, some are getting richer and were once rich, some are getting poorer and were once poor while some are getting poor and were once rich. It happens everywhere not only in nigeria.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by mknigeriagreat: 5:15am On Mar 05, 2019
Authoreety:
Shut up ur dirty thumb for telling God where he cld hav created anoda! Which buhari is doing what? Shut up!

Who buhar epp

He helped me. If he hasnt helped you, wait for your time and if you cant wait i just heard Gambia is looking for immigrants as well relocate. And learn to have matured discussion by not abusing or cursing. Let the mother that shed blood on your head be proud of you for once. Be civil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Femich18(m): 5:20am On Mar 05, 2019
thesicilian:

This kind of mentality won't help you in life...Many are making it bro in this same country

3 Likes

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Authoreety: 5:22am On Mar 05, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

He helped me. If he hasnt helped you, wait for your time and if you cant wait i just heard Gambia is looking for immigrants as well relocate. And learn to have matured discussion by not abusing or cursing. Let the mother that shed blood on your head be proud of you for once. Be civil.

Boy, abeg carry ur Wahalla shift... don't refer to people anyhow!

Nonsense!
Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by deji17: 5:55am On Mar 05, 2019
Sai Buhari!
Sai Baba!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by brightleave(m): 6:06am On Mar 05, 2019
We shall get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Gosj01(m): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2019
Alright, we are getting there.

Am the right guy you need concerning laptops. With over 100+ sales, you can't go wrong buying laptop from me.

More information in signature.

https:///2348084202609

1 Like

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Base1line: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2019
Wailing PDP Igbos from the East expecting bad news how market ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by mknigeriagreat: 7:28am On Mar 05, 2019
Authoreety:

Boy, abeg carry ur Wahalla shift... don't refer to people anyhow!

Nonsense!

Me boy? I can bet my last dime on it that with the way you sound, you can't be more than 15. Now considering that, I am old enough to be your grand-daddy. Refer to people anyhow you said? Learn to accept that different people come with different opinions. Grow up and be very civil and objective when you are talking to people in real life or blinded on social platforms. And you also said nonsense? Now your BP is shooting up. Be careful little one, even babies are affected by high BPs nowadays. Eat very well, stay healthy, read your books and be a good boy. If you have some challenges, be it, material or financial don't hesitate to give me a buzz, I should be able to assist you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 05, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by may320: 8:30am On Mar 05, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
Be careful little one, even babies are affected by high BPs nowadays. Eat very well, stay healthy, read your books and be a good boy. If you have some challenges, be it, material or financial don't hesitate to give me a buzz, I should be able to assist you.
shocked shocked grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by thesicilian: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2019
Femich18:

This kind of mentality won't help you in life...Many are making it bro in this same country
I said the country cannot be great. There seems to be a general problem with comprehension on this forum.
Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by thesicilian: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

For your information, God just made me rich this month of march here in this same country under this same administration. So keep saying as you wish. You want to remain poor? Then stay poor. But either you like it or not, some are gettinf rich and were once poor, some are getting richer and were once rich, some are getting poorer and were once poor while some are getting poor and were once rich. It happens everywhere not only in nigeria.
God has made you rich, assuming we even decide to agree with your definition of "rich". Has that made the country great?! I'm tired of you guys on Nairaland.
Re: Equities Market Records N113bn Gain by mknigeriagreat: 10:22am On Mar 05, 2019
thesicilian:

God has made you rich, assuming we even decide to agree with your definition of "rich". Has that made the country great?! I'm tired of you guys on Nairaland.

I made a submission how the country is getting better and someone disputed it. Then I still made another one on how I as an individual got better it is still a problem. what do you guys want to hear/ Negative news? I don't have one to share please. Truth be told and sentiments aside, this country is getting better. We demolished a house here in Abuja last year November under 2 hours the bulldozer did the work. Guess what? We just finished the house two days ago. It took us 2 hours to demolish but took almost 4 months to build another structure. The damage done to this country over the years can't be cleaned in a twinkling of an eye it takes some time and we can see it.

I am not even one of the few people saying let us give PMB a chance, I am saying HE is doing it let him continue it. Lagos state is a prototype of a working and functioning state and the foundation was laid by a governor we all know. Same thing PMB is doing laying the foundation and correcting the damaged structure. Let him work and if you don't agree, vote in another person in 2023. As for now, he will be your president for the next 4 years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Capt Hosa's Family Disclaim Fake Invite For Memorial Program / 11 Wonders Of Gtbank (www.gtbank.com) / I Need Advice: How To Start Wholesale Provisions Sales (middle Men /distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.