Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills (39475 Views)

Lady Found Dead In Lagos Hotel, Boyfriend Disappears / Man Robs, Kills Woman In Benue After Rape Attempt, Dumps Body In A Well (Photos) / Policeman Kills Female Police Officer In Port Harcourt During Market Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by damiloladuke: 5:10am On Mar 05, 2019
A man identified as Joshua Usulor who overstayed in a hotel in Lagos and killed a female lawyer to offset his bills, has been arrested by the Lagos State police command.

On January 26, the command received a report that one Feyitayo Obot, female, aged 34, was gruesomely murdered in her hotel room at Opebi, Ikeja by the man, who immediately absconded from the scene.

According to Lagos State police spokesman, Chike Oti, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), the victim’s body, which had multiple stab wounds on the abdominal region and a throat slit open with a sharp object, was recovered for autopsy.

“Although the suspect absconded after committing the crime, the Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu, charged the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID), Panti Yaba, DCP Yetunde Longe, to leave no stone unturned in ensuring that the culprit is arrested and prosecuted.

“Painstaking investigation however led to the arrest of the suspect, Joshua Usulor, on February 28, at his hideout in Victoria Island, Lagos. During interrogation, the suspect confessed to have committed the crime. He said he had never met the deceased until the day he attacked her and that he was motivated to rob her to enable him offset his hotel bill having spent two days above the one-day he paid for.

“To execute his plans undetected, he claimed he sneaked into the deceased room to steal her money and her phones. The deceased struggled with him but was overpowered. He then stabbed her with a sharp knife on the stomach and used the same knife to slit her throat. Satisfied that the woman was dead, he made away with her phones and a cash sum of N26,000.

“Investigation revealed that the deceased was a lawyer who came to Lagos for a business meeting and lodged in a hotel at Opebi. The autopsy result revealed that the following factors led to the death of the victim: Exsanguination, which implies excessive loss of blood; Disruption of the left jugular vein and sharp force trauma.

“The suspect will be charged to court for murder. Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police has directed that the case file be duplicated and forwarded to the Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice”, he said.

https://lailasnews.com/man-overstays-in-hotel-robs-kills-female-lawyer-to-offset-bills/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Nukilia: 5:22am On Mar 05, 2019
Haaaa! What a country! Someone cannot even stay in a hotel peacefully.....

#WastedYouth
#Murderer of peace lipsrsealed

34 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by dante0147: 5:32am On Mar 05, 2019
For 26 k you took a life ? Like seriously ?

76 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by GistmoreNG: 5:36am On Mar 05, 2019
cool
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by donstan18: 7:02am On Mar 05, 2019
Welcome to Lagos, where everyone want to belong.

4 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by OddsIsland(m): 7:34am On Mar 05, 2019
If the courts don't sentence him to death then we are in a shithole.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by KIDfurniture(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Im tired of Nigeria. It keeps getting worst .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Ayoswit(f): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
He even has the face of a thief. Yeye man. angry
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Satan66:
Afonja and killings are the same thing.
If they can't pay they either kill or skull mine.
*spits
Either the devil likes it or not, you must get sense this year...

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by DigitalGenius: 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
I know this is a sad story, but I can't help but laugh.
Why do you have to go stay in an hotel if you don't have the money? Why do you have to live a fake lifestyle? Who are you trying to Impress? Since what it has lead to now. So sad!!!
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
I don't believe this story. Somebody is trying to frame this boy. It's a pity we won't get to hear his side of the story. Somebody killed that lawyer and is trying to frame this boy. This boy is innocent. I repeat, this boy is innocent.

I know nigeria police and i know what they can do..

angry angry

13 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by abbaapple: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
angry

Some human are worst than Animals!!! Spits ok their low life! lipsrsealed the world is insane!!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by spiceadole: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
They will soon arrive...

"How can a woman lodge in a hotel alone? "
"No responsible woman stays in a hotek"
"She deserves to die.. Olosho. "
"Why didn't she stay in her house"

Waiting for this gang

6 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Kendumazy(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
This one is a thief. He actually lodge to rob other lodgers. Hotel owners should step up security of their hotels now. Rip to the lawyer. That thief should just forget, other lawyers that will stand up for this case will see him spending the rest of his life in prison. Oloriburuku ole.

8GB atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-
quality-8gb- atm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Blinkers: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
cool
KIDfurniture:
Im tired of Nigeria. It keeps getting worst .

Nigeria is trash but murders like this are more common in the western developed countries that you consider better than Nigeria.

For instance, a white loony looking for money to buy a pack of drugs or just, newport cigarettes can walk into the a hotel, shooting or stabbing anyone just to get a few bucks. It's common news there

10 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Judybash93(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
Satan66:
*spits

4 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by deebee13(f): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
He should be made to die a slow and painful death. Hang him upside down, give him several deep cuts all over his body, let his drain out until he dies. Then burn up what's left!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Ernnymarie(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
He who kills shall be killed. Simple.
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Justbeingreal(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2019
undecided

You lodge when you can't afford it and still ended up killing someone for it....

Which kind humans de this country....

In fact each time I'm out I'm extra careful not everyone is normal...

Haba..

8 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Timekeeper: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2019
Pls I'm looking for my love Amatarasha.. She is also a lawyer
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Consiglieri: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2019
I’m sure this is a case of rape gone wrong. Police or the family should conduct extensive forensic tests
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Satan66:
*spits

Does Joshua Usulor sound like a Yoruba name to you?

13 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by gaskiyamagana: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Criminal that his state was mismanaged only to run come Lagos causing problem, still ungrateful to Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by Fahrenhite(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
I'm stunned.
Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by LagosismyHome(f): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
we are witnessning real breakdown of society ............ Now ma/ woman killing fellow being (man, woman , child) as if it ANT or Fly that is been killed

It really sad . how much is naira 26,000 that his fool killed somebody for angry

1 Like

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by BlackfireX: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
If Clifford orji eat this one now, they will say he is wicked...

Or..

If skull miners from the other side drill his empty skull they will say they are fallen demons..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills by lpeegroup: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2019
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Momo Suicide Game Targeted At Children To Kill Themselves - Parents Warned / Primary School Teacher Arrested In Oyo For Sodomizing His Male Pupils (Photo) / Racist Woman Confesses She Lied Sixty Two Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.