Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians (17748 Views)

191,000 Nigerians Jostle For 9,460 Immigration, NSCDC Jobs / Lagos Trains 450 Entrepreneurs In Coconut ‘Waste To Wealth’ Initiative (Photos) / BRISIN: FG Begins Recruitment Of 5,000 Nigerians (Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by actiondrilling: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2019
Nigeria’s efforts at turning waste to wealth is paying off, as over 10,000 direct and indirect jobs have been created in the recycling of pet beverages bottles.

This is even as the initiative has created million dollars in foreign exchange earnings to support the nation’s ailing economy.

The Executive Director of Lexsz plastics, Oba Olufemi Akowe, said the $8 million dollar factory located in Ogun state was established in 2011 and presently has over 400 direct staff and ten thousand local workers for the factories recycling plastics.

He noted that the company’s initial target was to export the recycled plastic fiber to China, which it has effectively done in the past eight years.

He said, “But now the company is set to expand and supply Nigerian industries that may need our products as their raw materials.

“The company’s products not only save a lot of energy and resources, but also effective for environmental protection areas in Lagos State and has contributed millions of dollars in foreign exchange earnings and job opportunity for many Nigerians.”

He added that the company had in its eight years of operation taken the lead in waste to wealth management by empowering Public, Private Sector Operations in clearing waste in the environment which are later bought and paid for by the company as raw materials.

“We rely on individual who go around the cities and towns picking wastes which are later sold to us. We also help governments in some South West states to clear theIR dump sites and even pay their agencies.” He said

Akowe explained that with the four production lines refining and processing, Lexsz production scale of PET bottles and preforms per year amounted to over 100, 000 tons thus meeting the major chemical Yangtze River Delta region of China class enterprise demand for a large number of raw materials.

He stated that since the company entered the plastics manufacturing business through waste recycling, it has played a prominent role in enhancing and consistently cleaning environmental waste in Ogun State and other surrounding states.

He however lamented that the government has not been supportive of private sector operators, who daily faced challenges of poor infrastructure, multiple taxation and others.

“We appeal for co-operation, support and a conducive business environment so that our business can flourish. We particularly appeal to our stakeholders to redouble their efforts by ensuring that our waste to wealth efforts through recycling of the environmental wastes are successful,” he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/waste-to-wealth-recycling-factory.html

5 Likes

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 05, 2019
And someone will tell me Sai baba isn't working......
Thunder 3.0 loading...................

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:31am On Mar 05, 2019
Getting there

1 Like

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by jericco1(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2019
jobs coming through. nice one

1 Like

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by SweetBuns(f): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by OmoManU: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmm, I know this company, quite doing well. Billions yearly revenue
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Okbaba: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
Zombi the $8 million dollar factory located in Ogun state was established in 2011

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by mokoh(m): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:

He however lamented that the government has not been supportive of private sector operators, who daily faced challenges of poor infrastructure, multiple taxation and others.
Can u read

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Epiczi(m): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2019
No food for lazy youths who are looking for free money.Sai baba karry go

1 Like

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Lymasaba(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2019
Slow slow
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by emeejinsm: 8:41am On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=Okbaba post=76362789]
Zombi 2011 gej era
Zombi get a life biko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by myettiallah: 8:43am On Mar 05, 2019
SweetBuns:
Pls how did you do that thing in ur signature
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by ibietela2(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:

ESTABLISHED IN 2011

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by omoteacher(m): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

It has been helpful in the area of less drainage blockages in Lagos state especially. As simple as it looks,it is still expensive to run.

1 Like

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Danielnino00(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:

The factory was established in 2011

What does Sai Baba have to do with that ?/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Johfem(m): 8:50am On Mar 05, 2019
Keep moving forward 9ja
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by meobizy(f): 8:51am On Mar 05, 2019
Waste to wealth is not really the best title.
That will have a lot of Nigerians jumping into the business thinking they can make millions in a year or two.
This sort of job needs passionate people.
The ones who survive in the business the most are those who know they are making a difference to the environment by reducing and/or converting waste.
The money will come eventually but getting people’s hopes up is not the best way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by olaeffect(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:

I can bet that you did not even read the post. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Femich18(m): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2019
No wonder we have more Scavengers everywhere. Anything that will grow the economy and help the people is welcome by me. Kudos to you guys. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Larryfest(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2019
Not everything they write online is as it is, most of those recycling and production factories here in Ogun state are just struggling to cope now unlike before that the economy was still ok a bit. Most of them don't even produce daily and as a result don't employ much and the ones they already employed don't work everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by lobell: 9:19am On Mar 05, 2019
I own a cardigan made from recycled PET bottles.
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by fekolastic(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2019
Did read where it said the factory was established in 2011? where was your Sai Baba then?

kingemzy5:
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by northvietnam(m): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:

U are sick and u need help....

Buhari was sworn in May 2015 and the company started recycling operation in Nigeria in the year 2011...

For the records, buhari never contributed a dime in the establishment of that company...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Pascopele: 9:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Telling someone “You’re shit” and “You ain’t shit” are both insults.
But “You are not shit” is a reassurance, “You’re not the shit” is an insult and “You’re the shit” is a compliment.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you English language.
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Darevofpeace(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
the company was established in 2011,buhari came in 2015,read the article again.
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by Maket: 9:44am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
He is since 2011 when this company was established. grin
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by ekwesi3(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
Re: Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians by ekwesi3(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
kingemzy5:
4G nko

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anheuser-busch Inbev Technical Graduate Programme 2017 / My Funny Yet Sad Experience As A Job Seeker Today. / The Names And Addresses Of Recruitment Agencies In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.