Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State (6143 Views)

Lovely 3bedroom Bungalow In Mayfair Gardens Estate Lekki 4 N30m Pix / Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 8:52am On Mar 05, 2019
By the grace of God I have been able to learn from many guys here in nairaland, going through the comment section and the proper explanation of spyder880, century106 I decided to take the risk of supervising my project my self although I am an engineer by profession but with little experience.
After I followed mr century's topic then eventually met mr spyder880 works I learnt a lot because he takes his time to explain every bit of process to us.
So I will start by uploading the floor plan followed by the picture of the land which is being cleared now.
I am opened to advise, criticism and corrections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
Clearing of land was done today in anticipation of blocks molding which will begin tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by PYSHomesUK3: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
nice one C my
joshuachuks:
By the grace of God I have been able to learn from many guys here in nairaland, going through the comment section and the proper explanation of spyder880, century106 I decided to take the risk of supervising my project my self although I am an engineer by profession but with little experience.
After I followed mr century's topic then eventually met mr spyder880 works I learnt a lot because he takes his time to explain every bit of process to us.
So I will start by uploading the floor plan followed by the picture of the land which is being cleared now.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 1:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
PYSHomesUK3:
nice one C my
Thanks boss
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by PYSHomesUK3: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
joshuachuks:
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2019
Building plan
It has an attachment of two units of room and parlor

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by oalandAgents2: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2019
good ads, follow my too
joshuachuks:

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 12:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
Molding began today and they have molded more than 200 6 inches blocks and more counting

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
More photo

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Memejem: 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
Are you not going to use 9 inch blocks for the foundation?

Congrats on your build!!

joshuachuks:
Molding began today and they have molded more than 200 6 inches blocks and more counting
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by oalandAgents2: 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
hi follow me too smiley
joshuachuks:
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by bumperKE: 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
please follow me
joshuachuks:
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joycluv: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
Memejem:

Congrats on your build!!

. I keep wondering what's so special about dis 9" blocks. I have seen someone build a duplex with 5" blocks from foundation to level and dat house is still solidly standing while the ones built with the "almighty" 9" keep collapsing here and there. I am not condemning the use of 9" but we shouldn't make it look like if someone doesn't use 9", then his house is inferior. It should be a matter of choice. My submission though! Op congrats and more grace to finish!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by lewisray: 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
Wow! This is lovely. Thanks for also giving back.

Guys check this out...

Cost of Building Materials in Nigeria 2019
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
Memejem:

Congrats on your build!!

Thank you boss
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
Memejem:

Congrats on your build!!

No
I feel 6 inches will be okay because I intend filling in and out of the building.
Thanks for your concern brother, I am always open to suggestions.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
joycluv:
. I keep wondering what's so special about dis 9" blocks. I have seen someone build a duplex with 5" blocks from foundation to level and dat house is still solidly standing while the ones built with the "almighty" 9" keep collapsing here and there. I am not condemning the use of 9" but we shouldn't make it look like if someone doesn't use 9", then his house is inferior. It should be a matter of choice. My submission though! Op congrats and more grace to finish!
It's all about choice and the amount of pillars you want to use.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Memejem: 4:05am On Mar 08, 2019
Block making in Nigeria is not standardized. But more power to you. As long as you have a trusted engineer helping and guiding you I’m sure your build will go well.

Will there be pillars included in the foundation of your build.

Also, I am a female. Thanks

joshuachuks:

No
I feel 6 inches will be okay because I intend filling in and out of the building.
Thanks for your concern brother, I am always open to suggestions.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2019
Memejem:
Block making in Nigeria is not standardized. But more power to you. As long as you have a trusted engineer helping and guiding you I’m sure your build will go well.

Will there be pillars included in the foundation of your build.

Also, I am a female. Thanks

There will be pillars and it will be filled in and out after casting the DPC
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Today was a success.
I was able to make it up to the 2000 blocks which we will use to start up the foundation
Thanks to everyone following this page, thank you for your encouragement and prayers I hope to start up the foundation by next week, because the block needs to become strong by watering them.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Memejem: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
The pillars don’t start from within the foundation?

joshuachuks:

There will be pillars and it will be filled in and out after casting the DPC
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
Memejem:
The pillars don’t start from within the foundation?

I don't understand your question please explain better
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Memejem: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2019
You said the pillars will be filled AFTER the dpc. I’m asking “are there no pillars included in your dpc” . Most structural meaningful pillars begin from foundation to whatever level is necessary to provide support for the structure.

I’m asking if your pillars are structural or for aesthetics?

joshuachuks:

I don't understand your question please explain better
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2019
Memejem:
You said the pillars will be filled AFTER the dpc. I’m asking “are there no pillars included in your dpc” . Most structural meaningful pillars begin from foundation to whatever level is necessary to provide support for the structure.

I’m asking if your pillars are structural or for aesthetics?

Definitely, the pillars will start from the foundation to the DPC then some will be discontinued then the necessary ones will get to the lintel
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Memejem: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ok. Nice one!

joshuachuks:

Definitely, the pillars will start from the foundation to the DPC then some will be discontinued then the necessary ones will get to the lintel
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by sonety2k(m): 12:26am On Mar 11, 2019
All the Best
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by minasota(f): 2:02am On Mar 11, 2019
joshuachuks:
Today was a success.
I was able to make it up to the 2000 blocks which we will use to start up the foundation
Thanks to everyone following this page, thank you for your encouragement and prayers I hope to start up the foundation by next week, because the block needs to become strong by watering them.
How much where you charged to mould a bag of cement
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 7:10am On Mar 11, 2019
minasota:
How much where you charged to mould a bag of cement
I used two different molders and one charged 800 per bag
Then I met another guy that collected 700 per bag
So the two molded together but after the first day, I paid the both 700 respectively.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Knox123(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2019
Following...

Congratulations .. smiley
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Takoro13(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2019
joshuachuks:

I used two different molders and one charged 800 per bag
Then I met another guy that collected 700 per bag
So the two molded together but after the first day, I paid the both 700 respectively.
How many blocks per bag of cement?
Make sure you wet the blocks very well to achieve more reliable outcome.

I moulded 37-38 per bag but want to reduce it to not more than 35 with two times wetting.

Congrat bro
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by joshuachuks: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
Takoro13:

How many blocks per bag of cement?
Make sure you wet the blocks very well to achieve more reliable outcome.

I moulded 37-38 per bag but want to reduce it to not more than 35 with two times wetting.

Congrat bro
I molded 35-38 but sometimes the mixture might give you up to 40, so it's not definite
But I will also do a DPC casting when I get to my desired foundation height.
Congrats to you too
I wish you success in your building process.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Delta State by Takoro13(m): 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
joshuachuks:

I molded 35-38 but sometimes the mixture might give you up to 40, so it's not definite
But I will also do a DPC casting when I get to my desired foundation height.
Congrats to you too
I wish you success in your building process.
Maintain 35 per cement bag, please. Though, I introduced pillars at strategic places of the house..
I pray to do dpc/German floor but money money money

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remodeling Of Old Duplex To Modern Type By Arbo Contractor Ltd ( Rotech77 / Renovation Process Of 2 Flats In Anambra State / Location At It’s Peak,pareto Homes Is A Perfect Estate For Luxury +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.