Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls (6774 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2019
Which one be happy ash Wednesday again for lent?
Its a time of sober reflect about the life, times and suffering of Christ within this 40 days.
There is no 'happiness' about it rather it calls for serious prayers and supplication.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:54am On Mar 06, 2019
candlewax:

You don't wanna know but definitely not Muslim, I rather be a Christian than a Muslim. Sorry if I sound harsh

But You Said And I quote "When I WAS A Xtian" Underline The Word "WAS"

wow. I missed that a lot when I was a Christian. Never knew it's today. Nice experience
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Mopolchi: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2019
I neva go church today sef undecided
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 06, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

But You Said And I quote "When I WAS A Xtian" Underline The Word "WAS"

Yes. I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Emma1Oj(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2019
uzolexis:
orthodox christians observe ash wednesday not only catholics
We are one in Christ!

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by bebuabieson: 10:00am On Mar 06, 2019
Yesoooh may the merit of Christ sufferings bring out the best in Us Believer.For the sake of his sorrowful passion have mercy on us and on the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Truefaith: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2019
Vfd
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Opaline: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2019
Its not only Catholics that observe ash Wednesday... Anglicans do too
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by micoman28(m): 10:09am On Mar 06, 2019
It's a season of sober reflection to God..
May God help us as we observe this season of lent..
Amen
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Lullabye(f): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2019
Lent is the season of Penance and Mortification. May the Good Lord grant us the Grace to persevere to the end, through Christ Our Lord. Amen
Happy Ash Wednesday to faithfuls all over the world, and Happy Lenten Season.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by concacid: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2019
See D Mark with em big head for that pix.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by anuda(m): 10:36am On Mar 06, 2019
Happy Ash Wednesday! Repent and return to the Lord, your God for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy ...

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by donbenie(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2019
royallord1:
Ash Wednesday is specific only to the Catholic... Not all Christians
Maybe not in your Mushroom denomination,but am very sure Anglicans and other Christians also observe it..
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by donbenie(m): 11:00am On Mar 06, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
So Only Catholic Are Fasting, This Is What You Won't See In Islam During Ramadan
Say what you know,in fact stick to your Islam as am very sure if this is a Muslim thread non Muslims would be barred from comments..

Lent is a time for Fasting for ALL Christians,not only Catholics, but that is a personal obligation..
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Martinez39(m): 11:09am On Mar 06, 2019
A day where sheeples allow their fellow man rub black substances on their forehead.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2019
donbenie:
Say what you know,in fact stick to your Islam as am very sure if this is a Muslim thread non Muslims would be barred from comments..

Lent is a time for Fasting for ALL Christians,not only Catholics, but that is a personal obligation..

Sorry Shey MFM, CAC dey fast too??
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by donbenie(m): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

Sorry Shey MFM, CAC dey fast too??
Lent,just like Ramadan is a universally recognized time for reflection and Penance in Christianity..

Whether I,an Anglican decides to fast as a sign of Penance is a personal obligation.. shocked
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by EdifiedHebrew: 11:55am On Mar 06, 2019
royallord1:
Ash Wednesday is specific only to the Catholic... Not all Christians

All these are false and satanic doctrines established by the enemies of the most high.

why burning palms with fire ?
palms is a sign of victory
why was it called Ash wednesday?
cross is a symbol of death, the false priests marks death on your foreheads.

Please where can i find this evil doctrine in the bible?

why the disciples of Yahawashi Hamasciach whom you called Jesus Christ did not do Ash wednesday?

Ash wednesday is an abomination to the Most High.

Please the children of Yahawashi Hamasciach don't follow this satanic doctrine.

1TIMOTHY 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (On ASH wednesday, they commanding people to abstain from meats, this is evil doctrine)

MATTHEW 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2CORINTHIANS 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

DANIEL 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart

REVELATION 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by EdifiedHebrew: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2019
ZAWs:
Proudly Catholic.

That is complete destruction . you beta come back to the laws, statutes, commadments n judgment of Yahawah Bahasham Yahawashi Hamasciach whom you called Jesus Christ.

All man made doctrines are for the worshipping of SATAN. they made many people to reject the doctrine of the most high by establishing satanic doctrines.

ISAIAH 24: 1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

DEUTERONOMY 32: 1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

5 They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.

6 Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?
39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
donbenie:
Lent,just like Ramadan is a universally recognized time for reflection and Penance in Christianity..

Whether I,an Anglican decides to fast as a sign of Penance is a personal obligation.. shocked

What I said earlier is that NOT all Christians make Lent An important thing in Christianity doctrines, Some Churches don't observed it at all
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by MyGeneration(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Amatarasha:
una pple dey go catholic (igbo church u termed it in lagos out of envy ) na only C.A.C or Cele una know after going to mosque
Common sense is not that common
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by Amatarasha(f): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
Niyi9002:
Just because I have a Yoruba name doesn't mean I'm Yoruba. I'm from Edo state but my mum is Yoruba.
i for say ,ehee because yorubas i knw has stop going to carholic because of igbos
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls by OgaBuhari: 12:19am On Mar 07, 2019
prettyeyes500:
Happy Ash Wednesday to fellow Christians all over the world. God be with us all.
09064553219 whatsapp

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Spend Your Easter Holidays? / John 1:1 According To Greek And Aramaic Translation / My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.