Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,046 members, 7,825,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist (6774 Views)

Another Reason To Give Thanks (photo) / Is This Not Enough Reason To disBelief God? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 11:12am On May 20, 2012
I spent 5 days in Malta earlier this year and it was cool. However, trust religion to spoil some parts of the trip. Mlata is a small sleepy island in Europe which is very peaceful and a great summer destination

When I got to Malta, for the first 3 days, I did not see more than 2 black people. Come sunday morning, I started hearing pidgin English from my hotel room in my sleep. When I woke up and went to the balcony, I saw 4 Nigerian brothers chatting away holding bibles. There were two other Nigerian sisters at the opposite side of the street from the Nigerian brothers. These guys looked hungry, even though they were dressed neatly for church. There were even ironically talking about "runs". Then after some minutes, old white men and women were entering their church bus. Apparently, the Nigerian dudes were hoarding these old people to their church.

The sight alone sickened and saddened me. What kind of nonsense is this? We dont see our Nigerians doing something good in the city centres in Malta. What we see is them carrying old people who are vulnerable to the church where they can be robbed through tithing and offering. If the Nigerians were honest, why where they speaking about runs in pidgin english and not in english?

The other thing that shocked me was the church of st John in Valleta. The church is worth billions of Euros and was built in the medieval times. The church will amaze you and keep you in awe. The architecture and paintings in the church are marvellous. Even the floor is art. The ceiling is also made of art an gold. The church is actually a museum on weekdays. Keep in mind that this church was built in a time in europe when peasants could die of starvation or hunger. Billions were spent on a church. Even the curtains in the church will buy Oyedepo's private jet twice!

Here are pictures of the church from my holiday

Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by azpekuliar: 11:17am On May 20, 2012
Where are the pictures?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 11:20am On May 20, 2012
azpekuliar: Where are the pictures?

Posted them. They didnt show at first
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 11:28am On May 20, 2012
And whats ur point boi?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 11:33am On May 20, 2012
oluface: And whats ur point boi?

And whats your challenge man? Cant you read and comprehend?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

And whats your challenge man? Cant you read and comprehend?
everyone already know that christainity is a falsehood.. Arthesm/Free think or whatever u call yourself..
You people foresake Allah because he purnishes for sin.. Why cant you join me and your brothers is this thread..

www.nairaland.com/941634/those-that-says-that-god

if you are sure about what u are saying come in and read
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by azpekuliar: 12:12pm On May 20, 2012
So true about the church, from the pics. Top finishing in the interior. Would have loved you investigated more about what our naija brothers are up to there, maybe even board the bus alongside the oldies just to satisfy your curiousity.I know Malta has always been a popular first port of call for Naija pro-footballers hoping to make a career in Europe.
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 12:17pm On May 20, 2012
azpekuliar: So true about the church, from the pics. Top finishing in the interior. Would have loved you investigated more about what our naija brothers are up to there, maybe even board the bus alongside the oldies just to satisfy your curiousity.I know Malta has always been a popular first port of call for Naija pro-footballers hoping to make a career in Europe.

Yes, even a maltese guy was asking me to play football for his team because he knows how good Nigerian footballers are.

Anyways, those Naija guys were up to no good. Just old people that they were packing in their church bus
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 20, 2012
Really interesting story.. but why does the story feel incomplete?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by azpekuliar: 12:33pm On May 20, 2012
oluface:
everyone already know that christainity is a falsehood.. Arthesm/Free think or whatever u call yourself..
You people foresake Allah because he purnishes for sin.. Why cant you join me and your brothers is this thread..

www.nairaland.com/941634/those-that-says-that-god

if you are sure about what u are saying come in and read

You this jihadist on a blind recruitment drive, are you this daft? Did your Almajiri teacher have to hit you twice on the head with your beggar bowl to demonstrate to you that 1+1=2? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 12:43pm On May 20, 2012
musKeeto: Really interesting story.. but why does the story feel incomplete?

What? Why do you want to know more about my life?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

What? Why do you want to know more about my life?
Who cares about your life? The story feels incomplete, or is it the title that's misleading? undecided
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by JeSoul(f): 1:18pm On May 20, 2012
I second Muskeeto.

Where's the rest of the story & what's the point? I've been to many parts of the world and almost everytime I ran into a Nigerian they were up to no good. What does the fact these ones were into 'church business' have to do with religion & atheism?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 20, 2012
azpekuliar:

You this jihadist on a blind recruitment drive, are you this daft? Did your Almajiri teacher have to hit you twice on the head with your beggar bowl to demonstrate to you that 1+1=2? shocked shocked shocked

whats your point here!
You are steew peed
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by JeSoul(f): 1:32pm On May 20, 2012
^how did I miss that post?

Azpekuliar, my brother please no need to throw insults. Lets try to make our points respectfully. Cheers.
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by jmoore(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2012
Logic boy needs to grow up. The price of the curtain used can purchase 2 private jets?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:37pm On May 20, 2012
wow wow wow. Good thread.

even jesus cant show his face to the public in shame:

Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 1:42pm On May 20, 2012
jmoore: Logic boy needs to grow up. The price of the curtain used can purchase 2 private jets?

You have never left Nigeria have you? I am going to look for the pics of the curtains. They are rare works of arts with murals of kings drawn on them. They are rare.

Bush man
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 1:43pm On May 20, 2012
JeSoul: I second Muskeeto.

Where's the rest of the story & what's the point? I've been to many parts of the world and almost everytime I ran into a Nigerian they were up to no good. What does the fact these ones were into 'church business' have to do with religion & atheism?

What more do you want from the story?

Christianity is mostly a tithing scam. End of story.
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 1:44pm On May 20, 2012
musKeeto:
Who cares about your life? The story feels incomplete, or is it the title that's misleading? undecided

Were you expecting me to give you EU Visa or what? What more do you want from the story? Christianity is a tithing scam
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by JeSoul(f): 1:50pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

What more do you want from the story?
Well, for starters, a point to it?

Christianity is mostly a tithing scam. End of story.
For someone who goes by a handle 'logic', can you show how this is a logical conclusion from the story you posted?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 1:54pm On May 20, 2012
JeSoul: Well, for starters, a point to it?

For someone who goes by a handle 'logic', can you show how this is a logical conclusion from the story you posted?

Were my two examples of the big church and Nigerian christian brothers not a clue to the daylight robberies that go unpunished in the name of christianity?
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

Were you expecting me to give you EU Visa or what? What more do you want from the story? Christianity is a tithing scam
At least, with an EU visa, I could go to Malta in search of the rest of this story....
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by jmoore(m): 1:59pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

You have never left Nigeria have you? I am going to look for the pics of the curtains. They are rare works of arts with murals of kings drawn on them. They are rare.

Bush man

No, leaving Nigeria is not in my "list of things to achieve" . Once again grow up, even your fellow atheists know that your mindset is that of a boy.
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by JeSoul(f): 2:12pm On May 20, 2012
^even if one has 'never left nigeria', it has no reflection on how learned the mind is.
logicboy:

Were my two examples of the big church and Nigerian christian brothers not a clue to the daylight robberies that go unpunished in the name of christianity?

No not really dude.
Many incredible edifices remain all over the world as remnants from eras gone by, many of them from times humans did terrible things. But this isn't limited to just religion so what's the point?

The 'nigerian christian brothers' part is a reflection of the overall corrupt nature of the average nigerian who travels abroad in search for golden eggs - the fact they chose 'church business' to be their hustle...again this has no bearing on the validity of religion itself.
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2012
jmoore: Logic boy needs to grow up. The price of the curtain used can purchase 2 private jets?

I believe this story. These forms of textile art are called Tapestries and are extremely expensive, some even selling over Billions.

E.g.,

Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 2:16pm On May 20, 2012
jmoore:

No, leaving Nigeria is not in my "list of things to achieve" . Once again grow up, even your fellow atheists know that your mindset is that of a boy.

Sorry, but if you have never left Nigeria, then you havent learnt many things about this life. You can be smart while living only in Nigeria but you wont know certain things about other cultures around the world.

Here are the curtains (I didnt know they are called tapestries) that I was telling you about;

This picture is from the internet. I didnt take this one myself
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

ok now those are definitely expensive AND can purchase private jets. Now i truly believe you. I love collecting antiques and i know how to estimate things.

They are magnifique! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 2:24pm On May 20, 2012
JeSoul: ^even if one has 'never left nigeria', it has no reflection on how learned the mind is.
No not really dude.
Many incredible edifices remain all over the world as remnants from eras gone by, many of them from times humans did terrible things. But this isn't limited to just religion so what's the point?

The 'nigerian christian brothers' part is a reflection of the overall corrupt nature of the average nigerian who travels abroad in search for golden eggs - the fact they chose 'church business' to be their hustle...again this has no bearing on the validity of religion itself.

You can be smart without leaving Nigeria but you will be ignorant about certain aspects of other cultures. Same goes for the Americans that dont travel out of America. The tea party types.

The Nigerian christian brothers are also a reflection of christianity- a tithing scam.

Even the cathedral is a tithing scam. One man can not build such a magnificent cathedral. It relied on the work of slave labour and tithe/tax money.

Overall, these show the fraudulent aspect of christianity
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ok now those are definitely expensive AND can purchase private jets. Now i truly believe you. I love collecting antiques and i know how to estimate things.

They are magnifique! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 20, 2012
musKeeto:
At least, with an EU visa, I could go to Malta in search of the rest of this story....

Well, I just got a telegraph from Malta and the rest of the story is that some nigerians' chosen profession is 419 and there are really really really stupendously expensive cathedrals and churches in Europe. For all you other rubes who have never been anywhere,this confirms that LogicBoy has indeed been to Malta and is smarter than you.

*I think everyone knows about these things but Logicboy has decided that they are the latest reasons for atheism.....capice?*
Re: My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist by logicboy: 2:30pm On May 20, 2012
Martian:

Well, I just got a telegraph from Malta and the rest of the story is that some nigerians' chosen profession is 419 and there are really really really stupendously expensive cathedrals and churches in Europe. For all you other rubes who have never been anywhere,this confirms that LogicBoy has indeed been to Malta and is smarter than you.

*I think everyone knows about these things but Logicboy has decided that they are the latest reasons for atheism.....capice?*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation About Being In A Plantain Farm / Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? / Astrology 101- A Thread On Astrology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.