Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity (3493 Views)

Something Big Is Happening With True Christianity Worldwide / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / True Christianity And How It Leads To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Ohibenemma(m): 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Many years ago, in a sociology class as an undergraduate, our lecturer on Urban and Rural Sociology introduced the topic, Urbanisation. He went on to list the different parameters for classifying urban centres which include the presence or absence of adequate infrastructural facilities. He stated, however, that should this parameter be employed, virtually no town or city in Nigeria will qualify to be called and urban centre. This got us thinking. What parameter then was used to classify Lagos as urban when she was virtually in lack of many facilities taken for granted even in villages in the Western world. Well, the lecturer cleared our concerns when he mentioned that one other parameter which is more universally applicable is population. Thus, he stated that the United Nations benchmark for an urban setting was 20000 persons and above.

Now to the topic we are treating here: Different authors have come up with different parameters for sifting the fake from the authentic within religious circles, and I’ve studied a couple of such within the Christian faith. The Bible in Ezekiel 13:9, Jeremiah 23:16, Matthew 24:24 and 2Tim 4:3-4, amongst others, warns us against the activities of the fakes, so we are not deceived.

Also, different faiths have one feature in common – the profound belief that your faith is the authentic one, meaning all others are fake and untrue. Maybe others are more accommodating, but a staunch Christian believes and contends that “Jesus is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth and the ONLY life; no man cometh unto the Father (God Almighty) except by Him (Jesus Christ) – John 14:6. In simple terms, every other faith, religion, belief mode, etc. is fake. For this, we owe no one an apology. Every true Christian however also believes that while we may witness Christ to non-Christians (unbelievers), it is the Holy Spirit that does the actual conviction. This is why we may not coerce non-Christians to accept Christ.

However, I have noticed in recent weeks that different topics keep sprouting forth on Nairaland, promoting the idea that Christianity and Islam have a strong relationship, and that while the adherents of the former are actually on the right path, the latter came to correct some imperfections that have crept into the former. This, I contend, is outright falsehood. Obviously, this perspective is hardly universal or Islamist jihadists from history to the present will not mete out so much persecution against Christians in domains under their control (with an El-Rufai in our midst, we don’t need to look too far).

Now to promote the above falsehood, its promulgators have devised a formula of making the Islamic Koran and hadiths the benchmark for grading Christianity. How absurd could it get! (Just picture a hardworking farmer who spends most of the day tilling the ground telling a hardworking professor who spends most of the day researching and writing journals that he is lazy). Just last week, an Islamist spent so much time reminding Christians of the number of times the name, Jesus and his mother, Mary appears in the Koran as part of his proof of the authenticity of Islam. I think that only proves the extent to which a counterfeit went in borrowing original ideas to validate itself. Another case in point was referring to the Koran’s strong views on a single, indivisible God, to counter the Christian belief in the Holy Trinity. We don’t need your CARNAL views on a concept that is a MYSTERY even to the spirit-filled man – 1Timothy 3:16. Another absurd view is the muslim thought that Muhammad was mentioned in the Bible, but eventually edited out. Who does that? How does a faith older than yours edit you out of its scripts which were in existence even before your birth? Jesus Christ said He will send us another COMFORTER, who will teach us ALL THINGS, not one versed in only Arabic. Why the continuous quest to identify with a religion that doesn’t reckon with you in any way? The argument went on to state that the Council of Nicaea is responsible for bastardizing the Bible, removing some of the original text, AND THAT MUHAMMAD CAME TO RESTORE THOSE SCRIPTURES. Really? The Bible is a compendium of multiple ancient texts which sometimes needed to be revisited for the modern man to have any understanding of what they meant. How was and is that a bad thing? Also the Council, acting on the INSPIRATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, decided on which of the ancient scrolls were either relevant or not. Why should adherents of a faith that doesn’t even believe in the Holy Spirit be the ones to ascertain the correctness or otherwise of the Council of Nicaea’s decisions? Muslims have also cited certain inconsistencies in the scriptures as being a proof of its incorrectness. That rubbishes the initial point about the Council of Nicaea EDITING the Bible. They should have regularised those inconsistencies, of course!

Continues shortly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Ohibenemma(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
I must however state, for the benefit of these wannabes, that the so-called Bible’s inconsistencies are only proofs of its diverseness and all-encompassing grasp, such that different directions and inspirations could apply in different situations. I could, but further-flogging this point could appear belabouring. And the carnal minded ones will not understand anyways.

Summarily, Christianity is in a world of her own and doesn’t need to be ratified by any other religion. Criticize the activities of some of our pastors, but that takes nothing away from the faith itself. When the Muslim is accused for the Islam-inspired terror rocking the world today, they point at the Christian crusaders of so many years ago. The crusaders may have given Christianity a bad name, but they were hardly any successful anyways and have been condemned by many true Christians till date. But I await the Muslim that will criticize Muhammad for the religio-political expeditionary conquests he personally led against pagans and Christians of his day (Let’s not forget Uthman Dan Fodio); so much for a RELIGION OF PEACE! I leave the Muslims with this verse from Matthew 7:5.“Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.”

Peace.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by UceeGod: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anyone inspired by the Holy Spirit will know for sure that Islam is a religion from the pit of hell. A satanic religion meant for the sole purpose of tainting the Christian Truth (that Jesus Christ is the Lord). But God is sovereign, His Truth can never be suppressed.

The devil packaged some truths and hid the most terrible lie in it to dissuade humanity away from the Truth - the way he's been doing from the beginning.

Thank God some Muslims who are truly seeking the Truth are being converted.

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ohibenemma:
Many years ago, in a sociology class as an undergraduate, our lecturer on Urban and Rural Sociology introduced the topic, Urbanisation. He went on to list the different parameters for classifying urban centres which include the presence or absence of adequate infrastructural facilities. He stated, however, that should this parameter be employed, virtually no town or city in Nigeria will qualify to be called and urban centre. This got us thinking. What parameter then was used to classify Lagos as urban when she was virtually in lack of many facilities taken for granted even in villages in the Western world. Well, the lecturer cleared our concerns when he mentioned that one other parameter which is more universally applicable is population. Thus, he stated that the United Nations benchmark for an urban setting was 20000 persons and above.

Now to the topic we are treating here: Different authors have come up with different parameters for sifting the fake from the authentic within religious circles, and I’ve studied a couple of such within the Christian faith. The Bible in Ezekiel 13:9, Jeremiah 23:16, Matthew 24:24 and 2Tim 4:3-4, amongst others, warns us against the activities of the fakes, so we are not deceived.

Also, different faiths have one feature in common – the profound belief that your faith is the authentic one, meaning all others are fake and untrue. Maybe others are more accommodating, but a staunch Christian believes and contends that “Jesus is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth and the ONLY life; no man cometh unto the Father (God Almighty) except by Him (Jesus Christ) – John 14:6. In simple terms, every other faith, religion, belief mode, etc. is fake. For this, we owe no one an apology. Every true Christian however also believes that while we may witness Christ to non-Christians (unbelievers), it is the Holy Spirit that does the actual conviction. This is why we may not coerce non-Christians to accept Christ.

However, I have noticed in recent weeks that different topics keep sprouting forth on Nairaland, promoting the idea that Christianity and Islam have a strong relationship, and that while the adherents of the former are actually on the right path, the latter came to correct some imperfections that have crept into the former. This, I contend, is outright falsehood. Obviously, this perspective is hardly universal or Islamist jihadists from history to the present will not mete out so much persecution against Christians in domains under their control (with an El-Rufai in our midst, we don’t need to look too far).

Now to promote the above falsehood, its promulgators have devised a formula of making the Islamic Koran and hadiths the benchmark for grading Christianity. How absurd could it get! (Just picture a hardworking farmer who spends most of the day tilling the ground telling a hardworking professor who spends most of the day researching and writing journals that he is lazy). Just last week, an Islamist spent so much time reminding Christians of the number of times the name, Jesus and his mother, Mary appears in the Koran as part of his proof of the authenticity of Islam. I think that only proves the extent to which a counterfeit went in borrowing original ideas to validate itself. Another case in point was referring to the Koran’s strong views on a single, indivisible God, to counter the Christian belief in the Holy Trinity. We don’t need your CARNAL views on a concept that is a MYSTERY even to the spirit-filled man – 1Timothy 3:16. Another absurd view is the muslim thought that Muhammad was mentioned in the Bible, but eventually edited out. Who does that? How does a faith older than yours edit you out of its scripts which were in existence even before your birth? Jesus Christ said He will send us another COMFORTER, who will teach us ALL THINGS, not one versed in only Arabic. Why the continuous quest to identify with a religion that doesn’t reckon with you in any way? The argument went on to state that the Council of Nicaea is responsible for bastardizing the Bible, removing some of the original text, AND THAT MUHAMMAD CAME TO RESTORE THOSE SCRIPTURES. Really? The Bible is a compendium of multiple ancient texts which sometimes needed to be revisited for the modern man to have any understanding of what they meant. How was and is that a bad thing? Also the Council, acting on the INSPIRATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, decided on which of the ancient scrolls were either relevant or not. Why should adherents of a faith that doesn’t even believe in the Holy Spirit be the ones to ascertain the correctness or otherwise of the Council of Nicaea’s decisions? Muslims have also cited certain inconsistencies in the scriptures as being a proof of its incorrectness. That rubbishes the initial point about the Council of Nicaea EDITING the Bible. They should have regularised those inconsistencies, of course!

Continues shortly...

Beautiful write-up and I would say thought out to, but you see, the issue of using the Quran and the hadeeth to validate Christianity is nothing new. Just like the Christian will readily quote from the Old Testament to justify and Validate the Message of Christ, so do Muslims use their Books to point out the errors that crept into the message of Christ.

I am into Comparative Religion and I can tell you that the Message brought by Christ is not what today Christianity preaches. If you take time to read from all the Scriptures in the World today ( From the Hindus, Zoroastrians, Jews, Christians and the Muslims) you will find out that the general message is the same which is Worship God, and be good to fellow Creatures.

That was the message, but overtime, men for reasons best known to themselves change this message. You and I can explore this together using the Bible since that is your book of Authority. Deal?
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
UceeGod:
Anyone inspired by the Holy Spirit will know for sure that Islam is a religion from the pit of hell. A satanic religion meant for the sole purpose of tainting the Christian Truth (that Jesus Christ is the Lord). But God is sovereign, His Truth can never be suppressed.

The devil packaged some truths and hid the most terrible lie in it to dissuade humanity away from the Truth - the way he's been doing from the beginning.

Go find the true interpretation of the Chapter below! And after that pick a Book on the Life of Prophet of Islam and read slowly.

Isaiah 42:1-25 KJV
[1] Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
[2] He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
[3] A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
[4] He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
[5] Thus saith God the Lord , he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
[6] I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
[7] To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
[8] I am the Lord : that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
[9] Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
[10] Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
[11] Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice , the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. [
12] Let them give glory unto the Lord , and declare his praise in the islands.
[13] The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
[14] I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
[15] I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.
[16] And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. [
17] They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods. [18] Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.
[19] Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant? [20] Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not. [
21] The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
[22] But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.
[23] Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
[24] Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord , he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
[25] Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Ohibenemma(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lukuluku69:

Beautiful write-up and I would say thought out to, but you see, the issue of using the Quran and the hadeeth to validate Christianity is nothing new. Just like the Christian will readily quote from the Old Testament to justify and Validate the Message of Christ, so do Muslims use their Books to point out the errors that crept into the message of Christ.

I am into Comparative Religion and I can tell you that the Message brought by Christ is not what today Christianity preaches. If you take time to read from all the Scriptures in the World today ( From the Hindus, Zoroastrians, Jews, Christians and the Muslims) you will find out that the general message is the same which is Worship God, and be good to fellow Creatures.

That was the message, but overtime, men for reasons best known to themselves change this message. You and I can explore this together using the Bible since that is your book of Authority. Deal?

Now you are still failing to get the point. Up there, you pointed out the fact that Christians validate the message of Christ with the OLD TESTAMENT (THE BIBLE!). Why not with the Koran? If you must validate a Medical Doctor, would you do so by citing the amount of hours he spends studying the Book of Mormon? Wouldn't it be all about the study and practice of MEDICINE?

I am unfortunately not into Comparative Religion, but can you tell me the difference between what today Christianity preaches and what Christ taught, as recorded in the Bible?

On worshipping God and being good to fellow creatures as being a fulcrum of the Christian faith, you are spot on.

I will be glad to undertake the exploration of THE BIBLE with you so you may point out how CHRISTIANITY HAS strayed from being CHRISTIANITY.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Ohibenemma(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lukuluku69:

Go find the true interpretation of the Chapter below! And after that pick a Book on the Life of Prophet of Islam and read slowly.

[1] Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles...

Very soon, you will say the above chapter speaks about Muhammad?
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Ohibenemma(m): 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
UceeGod:

Hmmm
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by UceeGod: 9:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lukuluku69:

[1] Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
[2] He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
[3] A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
[4] He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
[5] Thus saith God the Lord , he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
[6] I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
[7] To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
[8] I am the Lord : that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
[9] Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
[10] Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
[11] Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice , the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. [
12] Let them give glory unto the Lord , and declare his praise in the islands.
[13] The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
[14] I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
[15] I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.
[16] And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. [
17] They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods. [18] Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.
[19] Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant? [20] Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not. [
21] The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
[22] But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.
[23] Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
[24] Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord , he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
[25] Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

So what is your point exactly from the passage?
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

Now you are still failing to get the point. Up there, you pointed out the fact that Christians validate the message of Christ with the OLD TESTAMENT (THE BIBLE!). Why not with the Koran? If you must validate a Medical Doctor, would you do so by citing the amount of hours he spends studying the Book of Mormon? Wouldn't it be all about the study and practice of MEDICINE?

I am unfortunately not into Comparative Religion, but can you tell me the difference between what today Christianity preaches and what Christ taught, as recorded in the Bible?

On worshipping God and being good to fellow creatures as being a fulcrum of the Christian faith, you are spot on.

I will be glad to undertake the exploration of THE BIBLE with you so you may point out how CHRISTIANITY HAS strayed from being CHRISTIANITY.

Christians today validate the Mission of Christ with what was foretold in the Old Testament. These Prophecies, you will agree with me, not a single one mentioned Jesus by name. Not one! But nevertheless, Christians with the hindsight of History were able to make inference that the Personage foretold in the Jewish Scriptures was no other than Jesus Christ.

What the Quran did was simply confirm that was foretold in the Jewish Scripture. At this point, one should ask, why confirm? The confirmation was necessary simply because, the intended recipient of the message of Christ rejected him his Message outright. The Jews as a body never believe in his Mission simply because they were a expecting a Messiah who the whole World will submit to and not a Messiah who will be smitten as recorded in the New Testament.

So, where do we start? From Genesis of course.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:30am On Mar 08, 2019
UceeGod:

So what is your point exactly from the passage?

My point? It is for you to get the true Interpretations of that Chapter.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:33am On Mar 08, 2019
So where do we start? Lets start at the very beginning. We all know father Abraham and his stories. We know how God commanded him to leave his native Ur in the Chaldea and migrate to a land God will show him. His Childlessness and his prayers to God for a heir who will carry on after him. These and many other of his prayers were "heard" meaning answered by God Almighty. Why Abraham became central to our discussion is the fact that it is believed that God had a certain covenant with him, in which God will bless entire mankind thru his seed or rather his son that will come after him. This simply means, thru the faith profess by descendants of this son, any Nation of the earth will be so blessed once they adopt this faith or message brought by this son of Father Abraham.

The first major obstacle in the way is that Abraham had Eight sons namely Ishmael, Isaac, Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. The first being from Hagar, Isaac being the second from Sarah, the remaining six from Keturah were born well after the covenant between him and God was ratified. Now, the Writers of the Bible have conveniently labelled Hagar a bond woman, and Keturah a concubine! Prophets of God don't take concubines, rather they married them, for if Prophets take concubines, then what is the point in moral regeneration they are all sent to preach? You will notice that in Genesis Chapter 25, the first verse call Keturah a wife of Abraham, but in verse 6 she was referred to as a concubine! God does not speak in such an inconsistent way, that this are the opinions of different hands with their prejudices at play is evident.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

Of course it speaks of Muhammad! The the key to understanding that chapter is in Verse Isaiah 42:11 KJV
[11] Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice , the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

That verse clearly states that the personage foretold with dwell in the Villages that Kedar doth inhabit. Kedar is the Fourth son of Ishamael. So, the whole of that Chapter talks about his mission.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

[1] Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He is called "my Servant" also " mine elect" Yes, all Prophets are servants and elect of God but none of them is universally acclaimed with these epithets. The latter part of the Muslim confession of Faith is to accept Muhammad as a servant of God. "Mine Elect" meaning Mustafa in Arabic which is a Title of the Prophet.

[2] He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. This describe the decency of Prophet Muhammad before he announced his Mission. His gentle disposition, he was trusted and loved by all. His whole nation is unanimous in testifying to his truthfulness. Even his worst enemies never accuse him of telling a lie on any occasion whatsoever during his entire life. He talks politely and never uses obscene and abusive language. He has a charming personality and winsome manners with him. In his dealings with the people. He always follows the principles of justice and fair play.

[3] A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. "Bring forth Judgement unto truth" It was he who chastised the Jews for rejecting Jesus of Nazareth, the Christians for raising Jesus to the status of God, demonstrated the birth right of Ishmael. He testify to the absolute Oneness of the Divinity.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:42am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

4] He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. Of all Religious personality who came and preached to mankind submission to God, he is the only one that conclude his mission! Despite the huge and seemingly insurmountable task, he did not fail nor was he discouraged in fulfilling his mission. He delivered the message he was sent with all by himself and he left his listeners and by extension all of us with no doubt about his message. He did not fail neither was he discouraged in completing his mission.

[6] I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles. " I will keep thee" no other Prophet will come after him as he is the seal of all prophet and "give thee for a covenant of the people" this refer to the covenant of Father Abraham covenant as was established thru Ishmael. In this regard the whole of Malachi Chapter Three is instructive. Also, the message he brought is for the whole of mankind as this was what the Prophet of Nazareth preached that is, the Kingdom of God will soon be established which will take all of mankind into the fold of God household where is name will be one, His worship one and His Law one for all people. " a light of the Gentiles" for he was a Semite and thru his message, the Gentiles will come to the light of God.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:43am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

7] To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. "To open the blind eyes" refers to the pagan life of the Arabs of Muhammad's time. "To bring out the prisoners from the the prison" refers to the first time slavery was abolished. All that is needed to regain a Prisoner freedom was to teach a Muslim how to read and write! Compare this with the wars allegedly fought by Jewish Prophets!

[8] I am the Lord : that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. It is to the Glory of God that Muhammad is recorded to have dealt a death blow to the Cult of graven images. The work of all other prophet is small compared to
what Prophet Muhammad achieved. Jesus preached against cult of statues of flesh, a people who belief in God but would rather follow the Tradition of their Elders rather than the Commandment of God. Prophet Muhammad preached against the Cult of Graven Images as explicitly stated in this verse.

[9] Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. All the Prophecies of Prophet Muhammad have come to pass as it did in the time past and the present time. "The former things are come to pass" here is telling people that the mission of Muhammad is being fulfilled with the announcement of his mission as foretold both in the Old Testament.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:44am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

10] Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof. "A new song" as the message came in the Arabic tongue rather than the Hebrew of the old Prophets and Aramaic of Jesus. " his praise from the end of the world" just listen to the Muslim call to prayer from the millions of Mosque around the World, the praise of Muhammad as the Messenger of God is included with the Praise of God Almighty.

[11] Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice , the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. "The villages of Kedar" Kedar is the second son of Ishmael as such this can only be applied to a prophet other than Prophet that descend from Isaac. Remember the promise of God to Ishmael in Genesis 17:20 KJV And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. This is the Nation promised Ishmael as we have seen the blessing of God on Isaac thru the Israelites Prophets and community their messages went to.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:45am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

12] Let them give glory unto the Lord , and declare his praise in the islands. God praise are being celebrated in the Islands as far as Indonesia, Malaysia, The Maldives etc. Truly, this is the message for all of Mankind.

[13] The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies. "He shall prevail against his enemies" Look at Muhammad before, when and after his announce his mission. The Arabs opposed and persecuted him but he prevailed against them. Some Commentators claimed these verses relate to Jesus Christ, but according to Gospel narratives, Jesus never prevailed against the Jewish elders nor against the Roman Legion as he was allegedly put to death! "He shall prevail against his enemies" before Makkah was won again, what sorrows, threats, tortures, and oppressions, were suffered by those whose faith was unshaken? Muhammad's life and that of his adherents was threatened: they were mocked, assaulted, insulted and beaten; those within the power of the enemy were put into chains and cast into prison: others were boycotted, and shut out of trade, business, and social intercourse; they could not even buy the food they wanted, or perform their religious duties. The persecution was redoubled for the believing slaves, women, and children after the Hijrah. Their cry for a protector and helper from Allah was answered when Muhammad, the Chosen One, brought freedom and peace to Makkah again. Also, some critics lacking religious training and proper insight usually criticize Muhammad battles with the Arabs of his time. These battles notably Badr, Hud and Battle of the Ditch were sanctioned by God for protection and defense purposes only.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:47am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

14] I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

[15] I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools. [Isaiah 42:1-25 KJV

16] And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. " The blind by a way that they knew not" This refers to the Arabs who have largely forgotten the message of One True God as taught by Father Abraham and his son Ishmael. With the coming of Prophet Muhammad, they were restored to the original message of God of Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the old prophets. "Crooked things straight" Muhammad delivered the largely Pagan Arabs from their superstitions, their legendary savagery and a host of other ills.

[17] They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
"They that trust in graven images" signifies the pagan Arabs. The Prophet destroyed over 360 Idols when Makkah was opened and the K'abbah was cleansed. The Prophet opposers were all shamed and all came to him pleading his forgiveness which he gave unconditionally. Assuredly, when Isaiah recorded these oracles, Israel was not worshipping molten images! And we never read of any encounter of Cult of molten images with the Prophet of Nazareth.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:49am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

18] Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see. The "deaf and the "blind" signifies the pagan life which consist of their superstitions and false worship. Also, it refers to those who obstinately held that the Prophet of Arabia was not inspired by the same God who inspired Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus and all other Prophets.

[19] Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant? Prophet Muhammad follow God's guidance to the letter, all his hopes, prayers, complaints were directed to God alone and in His Mercy, he Muhammad trust only.

[20] Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:50am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

21] The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable. He will magnify the law and make it honourable. Muhammad came with a Law for the whole of mankind. The Law he brought encompasses Codes relating to all human endeavour. From Law relating to Commerce, inheritance, marriage, social intercourse etc all are spelt out in the Law given to him to replace the old Jewish Law while also leaving the rest of mankind not without guidelines on human conduct. Compare to Jesus CHrist who brought no new law and who claimed he did not come to abrogate the Mosaic Law.

[23] Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come? This verse is calling on all of Mankind to give hear to the Message he brought. You are to scrutinize the message on your own and see if such message can be from other source other than The Lord of the World. Also, we are all to look at the Law he brought and see if it resonates with our soul yearnings
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 6:51am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohibenemma:

24] Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord , he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law. "For they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law" The Children of Israel would rather observe the Tradition of the Elders than follow the Laws of God, mentioning the name of God which they consider too holy comes at the pain of death to offenders, they murder prophets and holy men who tried to correct their ways. This culminating in their rejection of Jesus Christ, and attempt was made on his life. This is one of the reason that Jesus Christ said that the Kingdom of God shall be taken from them and given to another that bring the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43-44 KJV Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. Meaning, Prophets will cease to come from Israel and that they shall cease to be heralder of God Kingdom here on earth, an office they have always held since the time of Isaac thru his descendants and also this new Nation will prevail over all those who hinder it in proclaiming God's message.

25] Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart. Muhammad was given the mandate to rout out Idolatry, he was endowed with power to fight and suppress unbelief yet he will always beseech his maker to change the hearts of men towards belief and faith. A detailed inspection of his Duas( Supplications) will show a pointer to this.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2019
Back to the blessing promised to the rest of humanity thru the son of Abraham. We may well ask, what is that particular act done by Abraham for God to repose such a honour on him? We are told that he had faith in God as such it was counted as righteousness for him. And further he was tested in the fact that he was commanded to slaughter his only son which he obeyed without questioning God. Now which son was that out of all his sons? We are informed in the Bible that, he is to take his "only" son. The only time Abraham had an only son was when Ishmael was the only son he had! Remember this was a man who had gone over 80 years of his life without a child and he had beseeched God for a child because he doesn't want servant in his house to be his heir. And God assured him that "he that shall come from thy bowel will be thy heir" Yet we read in the Bible, now take thine only son Isaac! When Isaac was born, Abraham had two sons and not one. So between Ishmael and Isaac, who was that child of promise? You can come closer to this poser, by working out Abraham age in relation to the Covenant and the age of his two sons.

That the Child of promise was Ishmael was never in doubt in the Muslim mind. But that does not make them deny the blessings upon Isaac and his progeny until the coming of the son of Ishmael whose faith the rest of mankind must adopt for salvation as was promised to Abraham. This points is to be noted in the fact that, it is only in Islam that, all prophets descending from Isaac are adopted and believed in. Belief in them form a central theme in the creed of Islam. To also hold to the fact that God only revealed Himself only to descendants of Isaac after Abraham is to be an ignorant student of the Bible. For Moses, had to relearn his faith from Jethro his father in-law who descend from Midian the fourth son of Ketura Gen. 25:2. Job was never a descendant of Issac, So also is Jonah. Also, all the tribes of the world have some conception of the Ever Living God in their folklore and tradition handed down through generation to this days. It is amazing that this conception of God were developed even before the coming together of civilization of the olden days. We may as well ask, who preached this Being to different tribes and tongues?
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 7:44am On Mar 08, 2019
In this regard, we will be expounding on Biblical prophesies that foretold the coming of this Mighty Prophet of God.

Deuteronomy 33:1-2 KJV
[1] And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. [2] And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

As with all prophets of God when the time come for the winding up of their Missions, they are wont to call their followers and check with them the impact of their messages in terms of understanding and perception and also tell them what will the future holds.This is usually done in order to make sure that their followers remain on that path as well as give them a picture of what the future holds. As with Jacob, Moses, Elijah and Jesus, the above verses clearly shows that this prophesy was at the death of Moses and in the preceding verse an oracle was given as to check with the present and well as look into the future.

"The Lord came from Sinai" is no other than Moses encounter with The Lord God on mount Sinai where the Laws of God was delivered to the Children of Israel. For the Children of Israel, Mount Sinai represents the beginning of their Nationhood in that it is where the Canon of the Law was given. This is Law which is to be expanded on later as time go by at the hand of Moses. Here Moses is telling them that they have encountered God and thru him, His law and Statues are laid bare for them to know and keep.

" and rose up from Seir unto them" Moses is here telling them that, another Message from The Lord will come from Seir which they must follow. Now, what and where is Seir? Prophet Habakkuk says that a prophet will come from Teman, in the near future, and he will be the last prophet from the children of Israel (Jesus). Teman is a large area in the south of Palestine which includes the areas of Seir and Sinai. Teman is the son of Esau, Gen 36:1-13 the brother of Jacob. Teman is now called Addum. Bethlehem is inside Teman; the place where Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was born. He also states that the Holy One, another great prophet will come from Mount Paran. This clearly shows Seir has the birthplace of the Messenger that is to come after him.

This now leave us with the third clause "he shined forth from mount Paran" what and where is Paran? This is the wilderness that Abraham placed Ishmael and his mother. Genesis 21:21 KJV And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran: and his mother took him a wife out of the land of Egypt. So if a Message from God is to come from Paran, who could possibly be the recipient of such a Message? The inhabitant you would say. May we then ask, which Israelite Prophet dwelt or come from Paran which is present day Arabia? Also, this mighty messenger "is to come with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them" again, who opened the City of Mecca with Ten thousand companions and came with a Law symbolized by the Glorious Qur'an? Non other than Muhammad Mustafa( pbuh)
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by jcross19: 8:08am On Mar 08, 2019
Lukuluku69:
So where do we start? Lets start at the very beginning. We all know father Abraham and his stories. We know how God commanded him to leave his native Ur in the Chaldea and migrate to a land God will show him. His Childlessness and his prayers to God for a heir who will carry on after him. These and many other of his prayers were "heard" meaning answered by God Almighty. Why Abraham became central to our discussion is the fact that it is believed that God had a certain covenant with him, in which God will bless entire mankind thru his seed or rather his son that will come after him. This simply means, thru the faith profess by descendants of this son, any Nation of the earth will be so blessed once they adopt this faith or message brought by this son of Father Abraham.

The first major obstacle in the way is that Abraham had Eight sons namely Ishmael, Isaac, Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. The first being from Hagar, Isaac being the second from Sarah, the remaining six from Keturah were born well after the covenant between him and God was ratified. Now, the Writers of the Bible have conveniently labelled Hagar a bond woman, and Keturah a concubine! Prophets of God don't take concubines, rather they married them, for if Prophets take concubines, then what is the point in moral regeneration they are all sent to preach? You will notice that in Genesis Chapter 25, the first verse call Keturah a wife of Abraham, but in verse 6 she was referred to as a concubine! God does not speak in such an inconsistent way, that this are the opinions of different hands with their prejudices at play is evident.
oga in Christianity and Judaism,Abraham was never a prophet it's only in Islamic that Abraham was a prophet.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:13am On Mar 08, 2019
jcross19:
oga in Christianity and Judaism,Abraham was never a prophet it's only in Islamic that Abraham was a prophet.

Abraham was never a Prophet? Please define a Prophet for me please!
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:17am On Mar 08, 2019
jcross19:

Prophet: a person regarded as a inspired Teacher or Proclaimer of the Will of God

That's the Dictionary Sir. Does Abraham have these qualities/Traits?
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by jcross19: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2019
Lukuluku69:
In this regard, we will be expounding on Biblical prophesies that foretold the coming of this Mighty Prophet of God.

Deuteronomy 33:1-2 KJV
[1] And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. [2] And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

As with all prophets of God when the time come for the winding up of their Missions, they are wont to call their followers and check with them the impact of their messages in terms of understanding and perception and also tell them what will the future holds.This is usually done in order to make sure that their followers remain on that path as well as give them a picture of what the future holds. As with Jacob, Moses, Elijah and Jesus, the above verses clearly shows that this prophesy was at the death of Moses and in the preceding verse an oracle was given as to check with the present and well as look into the future.

"The Lord came from Sinai" is no other than Moses encounter with The Lord God on mount Sinai where the Laws of God was delivered to the Children of Israel. For the Children of Israel, Mount Sinai represents the beginning of their Nationhood in that it is where the Canon of the Law was given. This is Law which is to be expanded on later as time go by at the hand of Moses. Here Moses is telling them that they have encountered God and thru him, His law and Statues are laid bare for them to know and keep.

" and rose up from Seir unto them" Moses is here telling them that, another Message from The Lord will come from Seir which they must follow. Now, what and where is Seir? Prophet Habakkuk says that a prophet will come from Teman, in the near future, and he will be the last prophet from the children of Israel (Jesus). Teman is a large area in the south of Palestine which includes the areas of Seir and Sinai. Teman is the son of Esau, Gen 36:1-13 the brother of Jacob. Teman is now called Addum. Bethlehem is inside Teman; the place where Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was born. He also states that the Holy One, another great prophet will come from Mount Paran. This clearly shows Seir has the birthplace of the Messenger that is to come after him.

This now leave us with the third clause "he shined forth from mount Paran" what and where is Paran? This is the wilderness that Abraham placed Ishmael and his mother. Genesis 21:21 KJV And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran: and his mother took him a wife out of the land of Egypt. So if a Message from God is to come from Paran, who could possibly be the recipient of such a Message? The inhabitant you would say. May we then ask, which Israelite Prophet dwelt or come from Paran which is present day Arabia? Also, this mighty messenger "is to come with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them" again, who opened the City of Mecca with Ten thousand companions and came with a Law symbolized by the Glorious Qur'an? Non other than Muhammad Mustafa( pbuh)
stop confusing yourself, try to manipulate the bible you people are condemning . the more you do that the more stupid you sound.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by jcross19: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2019
Lukuluku69:

Prophet: a person regarded as a inspired Teacher or Proclaimer of the Will of God

That's the Dictionary Sir. Does Abraham have these qualities/Traits?
and Abraham never prophesy to any body even in your book.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2019
jcross19:
stop confusing yourself, try to manipulate the bible you people are condemning . the more you do that the more stupid you sound.

We condemn the Part your Jewish Overlord tampered with. Do you get it now? And we make clear the obscure point your G.Os/Pastors/ Reverend will never touch on. Understand Ye now?
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by jcross19: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2019
Lukuluku69:

We condemn the Part your Jewish Overlord tampered with. Do you get it now? And we make clear the obscure point your G.Os/Pastors/ Reverend will never touch on. Understand Ye now?
then can you bring the original of the fake because you can accuse someone without an evidence!!!.
Re: Islam Is Not A Benchmark For True Christianity by Lukuluku69(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2019
jcross19:
and Abraham never prophesy to any body even in your book.

Another misconception. To be a Prophet does not necessarily mean to "prophesy". Yes, Prophets tell the future, but it is not a standard requisition. A man inspired to preach or herald God's Will is a Prophet my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Atheist Day / Oro Festival / If God Were Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.