Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 (2647 Views)

Toyota Avensis 2008 / Clean Toyota Avensis 2008 Sold / Perfect Toyota Avensis 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 7:53am On Mar 09, 2019
I've noticed that this particular car is cheap, have seen much here and the price are not bad. I'm thinking of getting a used 9ija Avensis. Please what's the problem with this car because the price I'm seeing for a 2008 model scares me a lot. Please I need your contribution, I'm a novice. Thank you.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2019
lemme give you one for 2 million dripping clean

DaveWonder:
I've noticed that this particular car is cheap, have seen much here and the price are not bad. I'm thinking of getting a used 9ija Avensis. Please what's the problem with this car because the price I'm seeing for a 2008 model scares me a lot. Please I need your contribution, I'm a novice. Thank you.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 7:58am On Mar 09, 2019
weyreypey:
lemme give you one for 2 million dripping clean

I need enlightenment before I decide. Thank you very much. You can drop the link of yours lemme go through it.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by Rubbiish(m): 8:47am On Mar 09, 2019
DaveWonder:
cc nurey
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by nurey(m): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2019
DaveWonder:
I need enlightenment before I decide. Thank you very much. You can drop the link of yours lemme go through it.

The avensis replaced camry in Europe so it's not solely an American vehicle. we import a greater % of cars from US so any vehicle not sold in US has limited presence in naija.

The avensis sits between the camry and corolla it's midsized vehicle. Majority you see on road were bought brand new in Nigeria.

why is avensis cheap?

Answer: it can't beat the camry in terms of offering neither is it close to the corolla in fuel economy.

is it a good car to buy, yes also fuel efficient and not a robbers magnet

problems only 1 I know of is cracked dashboard

why is it cheap, like I said it's not a well sort after car and since most were bought brand new by companies for their workers

7 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by diportivo: 11:02am On Mar 09, 2019
my only fear is u purchasing a badly converted original rhd version

there are a lot of converted uk sourced avensis in naija

the D4 engine doesn't like our yeye petrol.......carbon build up will mess up the injectors quicker than it will mess up the regular mpfi...and since many kazeem don't understand how a GDI system works,sorry is the case of the car

due diligence is key to buying a used car....make sure you do it wink

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
nurey:

The avensis replaced camry in Europe so it's not solely an American vehicle. we import a greater % of cars from US so any vehicle not sold in US has limited presence in naija.

The avensis sits between the camry and corolla it's midsized vehicle. Majority you see on road were bought brand new in Nigeria.

why is avensis cheap?

Answer: it can't beat the camry in terms of offering neither is it close to the corolla in fuel economy.

is it a good car to buy, yes also fuel efficient and not a robbers magnet

problems only 1 I know of is cracked dashboard

why is it cheap, like I said it's not a well sort after car and since most were bought brand new by companies for their workers
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
diportivo:
my only fear is u purchasing a badly converted original rhd version

there are a lot of converted uk sourced avensis in naija

the D4 engine doesn't like our yeye petrol.......carbon build up will mess up the injectors quicker than it will mess up the regular mpfi...and since many kazeem don't understand how a GDI system works,sorry is the case of the car

due diligence is key to buying a used car....make sure you do it wink
Thank you very much sir. I'm pleased
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
Please I need more contribution from the car gurus...
Kakaki
Gazzuu
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by gobuchinny: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bros I beleive you've been told everything you need to know to atlesst proceed on purchase of car.

Pls pay attention to the converted ones...honestly most are converted and if you buy those by mistake...I'm sorry you won't want to buy a car again in ur life becos u will think all cars r converted grin..asides that you r good to go..

Get a reliable mech to confirm first...keywords reliable mech

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by onatisi(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
Please car tech gurus , I have a question about the VW brand too in Nigeria. Why are people scared of buying VW cars in Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
stupidity. VW brands are sweet to own except for some silly design faults in a few ones.

onatisi:
Please car tech gurus , I have a question about the VW brand too in Nigeria. Why are people scared of buying VW cars in Nigeria ?
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
[quote author=DaveWonder post=76491883]Please I need more contribution from the car gurus...
Kakaki
Gazzuu[/quote

Bleep u, Oliver Twist. U want some more.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
gobuchinny:
Bros I beleive you've been told everything you need to know to atlesst proceed on purchase of car.

Pls pay attention to the converted ones...honestly most are converted and if you buy those by mistake...I'm sorry you won't want to buy a car again in ur life becos u will think all cars r converted grin..asides that you r good to go..

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by alphaNomega: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
98% of them have been converted to LHD, good luck finding out which one was properly done without electrical issues

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by Liveair: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
They are good cars and drive well too, however, their parts are pretty expensive. 2005 to 2008 model front bumpers cost about 80k. Side mirrors cost 25k.
Remember, something must break in a car.
I have used that car very well.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
Liveair:
They are good cars and drive well too, however, their parts are pretty expensive. 2005 to 2008 model front bumpers cost about 80k. Side mirrors cost 25k.
Remember, something must break in a car.
I have used that car very well.
DON'T BELIEVE YOUR PRICES
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by Liveair: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
weyreypey:
DON'T BELIEVE YOUR PRICES
You don't need to believe me, just go and price those Avensis parts.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by zevous: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
weyreypey:
stupidity. VW brands are sweet to own except for some silly design faults in a few ones.

What VW car can you recommend?
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
gobuchinny:

Thank you very much. Can I recognize a converted one on my own?
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
TAKE THE VIN/CHASSIS NUMBER AND VERIFY ONLINE, ALSO THERE ARE ALWAYS TELL TALE SIGNS WHICH MAY NOT BE OBVIOUS TO A NOVICE

DaveWonder:
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by zevous: 12:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by weyreypey: 12:11am On Mar 10, 2019
zevous:

The Passat or Jetta
YEAR?
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by onatisi(m): 6:34am On Mar 10, 2019
zevous:

The Passat or Jetta
Jetta 2008
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by gobuchinny: 6:54am On Mar 10, 2019
DaveWonder:

No you cant unless you have the knowledge...I can't recognise one myself hence the need to go with a competent mech..

You can check online on how to recognise one but still go with a competent mech..that mech will save you a world of worries as buying a converted avensis is the worse thing that can happen to your car esperience grin

Furthermore, I guess checking the VIN should reveal alotta dirt like I understand it's most European avensis that r converted..you might wanna confirm that piece of info as regards continent as I don't have exact details as I type...so if it's so and the VIN tells you were it's manufactured, then you know it's converted

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by nurey(m): 8:00am On Mar 10, 2019
DaveWonder:

There is nothing bad in a converted, converting a car doesn't from one hand drive to the other means nothing. The problem is a poorly converted car which any car knowledgeable individual can smell from afar, the dash alone will tell the tale mostly.

The easiest way for you to know would be inserting a obd scanner in the port all poorly converted vehicles always have that port non function. Any car manufactured from 2000 upwards without functional obd port should be stayed far away from.

Now to a layman's way of identifying a converted vehicle
1. hand brake would be at passenger side instead of driver side

2. if it's automatic the gear selector indicator (PRND123) on the gear selector would be facing the passenger

3. The wiper big hand would be on the passenger side instead of driver side

4. The child carriage indicator by the dashboard side close to door would be on the driver side.

5. the foot wall of the passenger side would have a clutch enclosure if it was an automatic from factory, if it's manual panel beater would have done some jomo jomo work there.

there are others that can only be identified if you have seen a normal hand before especially when you open bonnet system orientation may be different like compressor, steering pump, battery etc.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by CarGuideNG: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2019
DaveWonder:

gob.uchinny:

Furthermore, I guess checking the VIN should reveal alotta dirt like I understand it's most European avensis that r converted..you might wanna confirm that piece of info as regards continent as I don't have exact details as I type...so if it's so and the VIN tells you were it's manufactured, then you know it's converted

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8601281_numerounofinal_jpeg7449c859b3c4418af8ddf24d04f7a351
Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by computerglobal(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2019
By ordering a vehicle history report from us, you can remove most of the guesswork to determine if a used car has been involved in accidents or had major repairs that may not make it worth your investment.

Diagnose and Run a history check on your Car To Know Internal Problems
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Make An Informed Decision With Our Comprehensive Vehicle Report

Confirm Your Custom Papers with us Today

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away..

https:///+2348060365068

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2019
gobuchinny:

No you cant unless you have the knowledge...I can't recognise one myself hence the need to go with a competent mech..

You can check online on how to recognise one but still go with a competent mech..that mech will save you a world of worries as buying a converted avensis is the worse thing that can happen to your car esperience grin

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Enlighten Me On Toyota Avensis 2008 by DaveWonder(m): 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
nurey:

There is nothing bad in a converted, converting a car doesn't from one hand drive to the other means nothing. The problem is a poorly converted car which any car knowledgeable individual can smell from afar, the dash alone will tell the tale mostly.

The easiest way for you to know would be inserting a obd scanner in the port all poorly converted vehicles always have that port non function. Any car manufactured from 2000 upwards without functional obd port should be stayed far away from.

Now to a layman's way of identifying a converted vehicle
1. hand brake would be at passenger side instead of driver side

2. if it's automatic the gear selector indicator (PRND123) on the gear selector would be facing the passenger

3. The wiper big hand would be on the passenger side instead of driver side

4. The child carriage indicator by the dashboard side close to door would be on the driver side.

5. the foot wall of the passenger side would have a clutch enclosure if it was an automatic from factory, if it's manual panel beater would have done some jomo jomo work there.

there are others that can only be identified if you have seen a normal hand before especially when you open bonnet system orientation may be different like compressor, steering pump, battery etc.
You're a genius... I'm OK now. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Sleek 2005 Lexus ES330 For Sale In Lagos N2.35M / Highlander 2016/17 XLE Tokunbo Sweet N Sound @ 10.9m / Toks 016 Mercedes Benz C300 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.