Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Spot The Figure Of Speech - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Spot The Figure Of Speech (1673 Views)

This Image Is Full Of Figure Of Speech. How Many Can You See / How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / Chimamanda Adichie Delivers Harvard Class Speech: Becomes The First African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spot The Figure Of Speech by TheWritingHub(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2019
In the image below, there are 27 figures of speech.

How many can you spot?

Obinnau
Divepen1

Re: Spot The Figure Of Speech by Fathertony: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
It’s certainly not (1) a piece of cake, looks like (2) a tough wal-nut to crack. Although I wasn’t (3) born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and there are many who think (4) I’m just a joker in the deck, I will (5) put my best foot forward. I have to be careful of the naysayers though; so, for now (6) I’m going to play my cards close to the chest and not (7) spill the beans. I also have to make sure that (cool I don’t carry my heart on the sleeve and put (9) all my eggs in one basket.

Ah, (10) How time flies – my hair is gone now & (11) I’m bald as a coot, (12) my clothes are in tatters, and (13) I’m at the end of my tether. I’m getting (14) cold feet & I have half a mind to (15) worm out of this whole thing. In the meantime, looking at me (16) tied up in knots the naysayers are asking me sarcastically, “what’s the matter, (18) cat, got your tongue”.
I began wondering if they (19) hit the nail on the head. Not one to give up so easily, I told myself, “(20) pull your socks up and think; no one is going to give you the answers (21) on a silver platter.” Perhaps, if I (22) hold the cat by the tail, I’ll spot the missing clues: I have to do this quickly though before (23) I kick the bucket”.
However, the clues are not easy and there are quite a few (24) red herrings; I’m tired,and my logic seems to to have (25) more holes than a block of Swiss cheese. But, wait a minute, I do have (26) an ace up my sleeve as I near the end. I don’t mean (27) to crow, but, take that you naysayers, “I finished it. Who’s is the (28) Big cheese now? How does it feel to have (29) the shoe on the other foot?”. I did not wait for an answer, the lost look on their faces said it all – it was the delicious (30) cherry on top

1 Like

Re: Spot The Figure Of Speech by TheWritingHub(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
Fathertony:
1.Born with a silver spoon 2. Ace up my sleeve 3. All eggs in a basket 4. Tie in knots 5. Kicking the bucket 6. Carrying my heart on my sleeve 7. Joker in the pack 8. Make ends meet 9. Crowing about (something) 10. End of my tether 11. Getting Cold feet 12. Pull up your socks 13. Be a patch on (something) 14. Worm out (of a situation) 15. Cherry topping 16. In tatters 17. Red herring 18. Spill the beans 19. Bald as a cue ball 20. Bald as a coot 21. Holding the cat by the tail 22. Can make an omelette without ‘breaking an egg’ 23. Keep your cards close to your chest 24. A piece of cake 25. Hit the nail on the head And of course 26. Time Flies 27. Cat Got Your tongue
Where's the fun in ruining the fun?

(1) (Reply)

A Free Ebook Site! Asiaing! / My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) / (rated 18+) Midnight Saga Episode 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.