Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis (2386 Views)

UNICAL Panel Finds Prof. Cyril Ndifon Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Extortion / What Specie Of Snake Is This? / What Is This Insect Called In Your Language?eat Or Nay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
It's a new kind of specie I had found it in my kitchen today. I call it the Horn-head mantis.

The African and Amazonian forest is estimated to have a new specie of flora and fauna every two second.
God still creates beautiful things even in this present time. I love you Jesus.

The colour could be caused by mimicry; a kind of adaptation to its environment or perhaps is it's genetic color.
A normal praying mantis are often found green and light brown as they age but this specie of the mantis that I had found is brown, dotted with some spots.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by kaycexx(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Chepos1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
I don c this one since na.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Escalze(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
OP sef this is really funny grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
Escalze:
OP sef this is really funny grin grin grin
No it isn't, I reckon you check online. Check for the varying species of praying-mantis you wouldn't see this one there.
Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by PlayerMeji: 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
Couldnt dis be some form of mutation?:

Because for one to claim a new species of animal, you should be able to produce at least two of the species for analysis.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
Eberejesus111:

No it isn't, I reckon you check online. Check for the varying species of praying-mantis you wouldn't see this one there.
he wouldn't find the named species,because you named it bro,
Lolz

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by oboy81: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
OP your Camera No Clear enough for Upclose Shot tongue grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by reeblaze(m): 2:14am On Mar 10, 2019
Chidorx60:
he wouldn't find the named species,because you named it bro,
Lolz

my thoughts exactly..��

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by mu2sa2: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
Op, you are funny. True, though, you discovered this one insect - in your kitchen. Congratulations! People of the world join me to celebrate Op, the discoverer from the land of naija!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Thalamus: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
Eberejesus111:
It's a new kind of specie I had found it in my kitchen today. I call it the Horn-head mantis.

The African and Amazonian forest is estimated to have a new specie of flora and fauna every two second.
God still creates beautiful things even in this present time. I love you Jesus.

The colour could be caused by mimicry; a kind of adaptation to its environment or perhaps is it's genetic color.
A normal praying mantis are often found green and light brown as they age but this specie of the mantis that I had found is brown, dotted with some spots.

Beautiful, just beautiful. kiss
Which do you think will win if this mantis fights a bee

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
Thalamus:

Beautiful, just beautiful. kiss
Which do you think will win if this mantis fights a bee
I guess a mantis. Bees are hasty when going for an attack but a mantis can be precise and patient, they know the right time to get a bee.
And even though a bee would want to use its sting on a mantis, that would perhaps be quite impossible based on a mantis had cover that can prevent it from having a sting
Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by jendhorlee(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2019
yinmu if i hear say oyinbo neva discover am b4

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Finds A New Specie Of Insect Called Horn-head Mantis by AreaFada2: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
I don discover and name this species long ago as:

Mantodea caput cornuae.

A subspecies of Mantis religiosa.

cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

See Huge Scientific Breakthrough That Were Stolen From Women / Which One Is The Best, Unilorin Or Futa / Scholarship At Kyungdong University Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.