Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? (8438 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by unstoppable51(m): 5:14am On Mar 10, 2019
From #FeedMeJesus.com,

The idea of a Christian losing his salvation is one of the most debated topics in the body of Christ today.

This argument has left so many Christians ill-informed about salvation, fearful and worried over where they will end up after their departure from this earth.

Some not having a proper understanding of the subject have been caught up in the endless circle of answering altar calls over and over in order to retain or renew their salvation so they won’t end up losing it totally due to their wrong actions, words and thoughts.

To find out the possibility of a Christian losing his salvation, we need to first understand what salvation is and how it came about, else we will be drawing up conclusions that have no strong footing in the scriptures.

What is Salvation according to the Bible and how is one saved?

Salvation in the scriptures is gotten from the Greek word SOTERIA. In this context it has to do with man’s complete deliverance or rescue from sin and it’s penalty which is spiritual death and eternal separation from God’s presence.

It involves God coming through for man in order to bring him closer to himself in a loving relationship by imparting into him eternal life, which is the God-kind of life.

Having being rendered powerless and helpless by sin, man’s only way of avoiding the utter destruction that was coming ahead of him was going to be via a Saviour. Someone whom sin and death has no power over, someone whom God has raised by Himself for the whole world to be saved through Him.

“And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:32-33 & 38-39.

ALL who BELIEVE in Him are JUSTIFIED from all things. Not by the works of the Law but by Faith. They are seen by God as if they had never sinned before when they believe in God’s grace to save them.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So a man receives salvation by faith, not works else salvation is no longer a gift but a reward or wage. The scriptures we have seen clearly explains this.

When a man believes in the Saviour Jesus, he (the man) by faith receives the Life of God in his spirit and is said to be born again, that is, saved from sin and its eternal consequences.

He has received God’s biggest gift to man which is Salvation in His Son through faith.

So can a Christian lose this God’s gift of Salvation for any reason after he has received it by faith and perish with those who never accepted the Gospel in the first place?

The bible answers this for us. Let’s see together the book of John Chapter 3, from verse 14.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:14-16

Twice it is stated clearly in the above verses that whosoever believes in him SHALL NOT PERISH.

The “perish” there has to do with “complete destruction from the presence of God”, the fate of all those who did not believe and receive the gift of Salvation that God has given the world through His Son.

Jesus further explains this in chapter 10 of the same book of John, verse 27 to 29.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE: and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND” John 10:27-29 (Emphasis mine)

No man (including the believer himself) is able to pluck the one God has already saved out of his hand.

So in God’s hand, the man who has believed in Jesus for Salvation is safe, fully kept by God Himself unto the last day.

Now will there be times when he act, say and think wrong thoughts?
Yes, many times.

But will these wrongs or sins cost him his salvation or separate him from God?
The scriptures never said that.

In fact, Paul the apostle was so sure of the inseparable eternal union the believer has with God through Christ that he wrote.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (Emphasis mine)

The reason he was this sure that not even things present and that which is to come (sins) would be able to separate the believer from the love of God is simply because God is not counting the sins of the believer against him. Salvation took care of that.

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:19

God does not impute or count ours sins against us anymore. As a matter of fact, He keeps the believer secured in His love and will present him before the world “faultless” on the last day, as though he had never sinned in his entire life.

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

God is able to keep you from falling as a believer, you don’t have to be restless with the thought of keeping your salvation or losing it. As a matter of fact, you are not the one “keeping” your salvation, Salvation is what is keeping. And He will keep you till the end.

So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!

He saves and keeps us saved, forever! Glory to His name!

Encourage someone today by sharing this beautiful truth with him or her.

You are much loved!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/01/answered-can-christian-lose-his.html

FeedMeJesus is a christocentric website that is committed to feeding this spiritually malnourished world with the Word of God's Grace and Love which is able to build anyone up spiritually.
For more spiritually edifying articles that will help your Christian walk, feel free to check out the site.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by JJOF(m): 5:18am On Mar 10, 2019
So what happens when a believer stops believing?

7 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Aphroditee(f): 5:23am On Mar 10, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by unstoppable51(m): 6:05am On Mar 10, 2019
JJOF:
So what happens when a believer stops believing?
Good morning bro. Thanks for your question.
We will post a full answer to this on our site and here later.
However, you can see the following posts for detailed answers to similar question.
What happens at the New Birth? What most people don't know about being born again
Believers falling from Grace, what does it really mean? and
What does it mean to sin wilfully? What happens when believers sin after they are saved
Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by harbibi: 6:19am On Mar 10, 2019
God bless you greatly for this. Another way to put it is there is no record of anyone who entered the ark in Noah' s day being sent out. Jesua Christ is our present day Ark against the time of destruction to come.
Please kindly throw more light on the scripture: There is therefore no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus WHO WAlK NOT ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.....

5 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by unstoppable51(m): 6:29am On Mar 10, 2019
harbibi:
God bless you greatly for this. Another way to put it is there is no record of anyone who entered the ark in Noah' s day being sent out. Jesua Christ is our present day Ark against the time of destruction to come.
Please kindly throw more light on the scripture: There is therefore no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus WHO WAlK NOT ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.....
Yes bro. The Ark of Noah was a type (figure) of Christ and Salvation. We have a far greater reality in Christ today.
We'll post on your request within the week and that of the 1st commenter. Pls bookmark the site and check it out later.
Have a great day today!
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by helinues: 6:52am On Mar 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by frankmelv(m): 6:53am On Mar 10, 2019
How do you expect me to read this long thing this morning??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by chilex9: 7:01am On Mar 10, 2019
So......I need to learn more...

How do we reconcile scriptures like...

Let he that standeth take heed least he falls

...any branch that bears no fruit he cuts off....

....we cast out demons in ur name.....depart from me yea workers of iniquity .

4 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by malvisguy212: 7:02am On Mar 10, 2019
yes.

Mark 4:16 (Luke 8:13), "And in a similar way
these are the ones on whom seed was sown on
the rocky places, who, when they hear the word,
immediately RECEIVED IT WITH JOY ; ( THEY BELIEVE FOR A WHILE ) and they have no firm root in
themselves, but are only temporary; then, when
affliction or persecution arises because of the
word, immediately they FALL AWAY"

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For in the case of THOSE WHO HAVE ONCE BEEN ENLIGHTENED AND HAVE TESTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT AND HAVE BEEN MADE PARTAKES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT,and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the age to come,
and then have FALLEN AWAY, it is impossible to
renew them again to repentance, since they
again crucify to themselves the Son of God, and
put Him to open shame."

7 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by felixawe(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2019
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that
it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2,
what does the above scripture signifies ?
After salvation should a man turn his back against GOD, would GOD still receive him unto Himself on the last day ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Toks2008(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2019
*The eternal truth about salvation the devil does not want you to know.*

I asked a lady friend few days back if she is born again and she struggled with the response she gave but at the end she said "she is not sure".

Whilst speaking to her I perceived a strong cigarette odour oozing out of her mouth and I thought to myself..."She is probably condemning herself and inadvertently denying herself the identity of being a believer in christ.

Her case is not uncommon with many people who do not see themselves as worthy of the status of "a believer in christ or born again"...and the unfortunate reality is that many people are suffering eternally in hell not because they deserve to be there but simply because they were ignorant of the the eternal truth about salvation

Many of them at a time in their lives had vividly given their lives to Jesus but because they found themselves repeating certain sins they gave up their salvation cos they allowed the Devil convince them that they were not good enough for God's kingdom.

Jesus said *"Come UNTO me all that are heavily laden and I will give you rest"(Matthew 11:28-29)*

He also said
*"All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."(John 6:37)*

Another scripture clearly states in 1 John 2:1–2 
*"My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."*

And to cap all these, the bible made it very clear in Romans 8,38-39 that *"Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."* Hallelujah!

So brother's and sisters,once you accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour,you are heaven bound and you have no business with HELL anymore...

I don't know the sins in your life or the bad habits that are making you feel unworthy... *no matter the sin or habit Jesus says come to me and I will give you rest*...even after you have come to him and you still find yourself committing same sins or even worse just know that Jesus will never drive you away and no sin can seperate you from Jesus.

All you need is a willing heart,a heart that sincerely wants to live for Jesus and the only person who can help you leave any kind of sin is Jesus.

*You must understand that no matter how hard you try,you can not overcome sins by your effort so rather than give up your salvation or find yourself unfit to be born again,I admonish you to come to Jesus as you are and ask the Holy spirit to help you live a life JESUS will be proud of and you will be amazed that you will hate those sins that you thought you could never do away with.*

*Just remember that no matter how many times you fall,Jesus is ever ready to accept you and if the spirit of GOD truly dwells in you,committing sins will not be pleasurable to you.*

But no matter how hard you struggle with sins in your life,DON'T EVER GIVE UP YOUR SALVATION.

*GOD BLESS YOU AND SHARE THIS FOR OTHERS TO SEE AND BE LIBERATED FROM SELF CONDEMNATION.*

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Zanas: 7:15am On Mar 10, 2019
Yes, a Christian can go back and become apostate. Just check out that former deeper life worker called frosbel2 now the champion of the antichrists on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Jimmyo3(m): 7:17am On Mar 10, 2019
Summary please....
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Destinedchibyik(m): 7:25am On Mar 10, 2019
This is the truth
Because if salvation was by merit (handiwork) Christ wouldn't have stressed himself to come down from heaven
Until the whole church awake to this truth, then their will stop preaching self righteousness and accept the finished work on the cross.
#victory of #christ
#the_message of #grace

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Younghacka(m): 7:26am On Mar 10, 2019
[b]Romans 6
1:What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?.
Romans 8
13: For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
There Is Supposed To Be A Distinction Between A Believer And An Unbeliever. . . Just As In The Time Of The Early Christians. . . But Today There Is A Very Thin Line Between The Church Denomination And The World Both In Character And Conversation.
A Believer That Still Lives In Sin Is Making Mockery Of The Death Of Christ And Putting The Lord Jesus To Open Shame.
Hebrews 6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
NB: A Man Accepting Christ Is Like A Man In A Warfront. . . The Battle Against Sin And Worldliness Has Just Begin.
Revelations 2
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
A Church Man Must Overcome Before He Can Posses His Possesion. . . For God Has Prepared A Table Before Him, In The Presence Of His Enemies.
In Conclusion: Kingdom Program Is Come To Perfect The Man Born Again And Cross Him Over Into The Kingdom.
#Shalom.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Marvyx(m): 7:26am On Mar 10, 2019
Toks2008:
*The eternal truth about salvation the devil does not want you to know.*

I asked a lady friend few days back if she is born again and she struggled with the response she gave but at the end she said "she is not sure".

Whilst speaking to her I perceived a strong cigarette odour oozing out of her mouth and I thought to myself..."She is probably condemning herself and inadvertently denying herself the identity of being a believer in christ.

Her case is not uncommon with many people who do not see themselves as worthy of the status of "a believer in christ or born again"...and the unfortunate reality is that many people are suffering eternally in hell not because they deserve to be there but simply because they were ignorant of the the eternal truth about salvation

Many of them at a time in their lives had vividly given their lives to Jesus but because they found themselves repeating certain sins they gave up their salvation cos they allowed the Devil convince them that they were not good enough for God's kingdom.

Jesus said *"Come UNTO me all that are heavily laden and I will give you rest"(Matthew 11:28-29)*

He also said
*"All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."(John 6:37)*

Another scripture clearly states in 1 John 2:1–2 
*"My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."*

And to cap all these, the bible made it very clear in Romans 8,38-39 that *"Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."* Hallelujah!

So brother's and sisters,once you accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour,you are heaven bound and you have no business with HELL anymore...

I don't know the sins in your life or the bad habits that are making you feel unworthy... *no matter the sin or habit Jesus says come to me and I will give you rest*...even after you have come to him and you still find yourself committing same sins or even worse just know that Jesus will never drive you away and no sin can seperate you from Jesus.

All you need is a willing heart,a heart that sincerely wants to live for Jesus and the only person who can help you leave any kind of sin is Jesus.

*You must understand that no matter how hard you try,you can not overcome sins by your effort so rather than give up your salvation or find yourself unfit to be born again,I admonish you to come to Jesus as you are and ask the Holy spirit to help you live a life JESUS will be proud of and you will be amazed that you will hate those sins that you thought you could never do away with.*

*Just remember that no matter how many times you fall,Jesus is ever ready to accept you and if the spirit of GOD truly dwells in you,committing sins will not be pleasurable to you.*

But no matter how hard you struggle with sins in your life,DON'T EVER GIVE UP YOUR SALVATION.

*GOD BLESS YOU AND SHARE THIS FOR OTHERS TO SEE AND BE LIBERATED FROM SELF CONDEMNATION.*
When Jesus was speaking in Matthew 7 that many will say Lord, Lord we did casted out demons in your name etc and He will ask them to depart from Him, who was those set of people if you may do well to explain to me?

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Truefaith: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2019
THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC

The issue of a Christian losing his salvation must revolve around the question of whether the person was indeed born again, to start with.

The Late Reverend Harry A. Ironside's 1937 book, FULL ASSURANCE, gives one of the most comprehensive, Bible-based look at this subject.

The book is being serialized for the benefit of those who really want to know what the Bible teaches about God's grace and the salvation brought by His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, on the www.thetruechristianfaith.com website.

HOW HAPPY WILL YOU BE TO KNOW YOU ARE INDEED SAVED; AND SAFE IN CHRIST!

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by abujaafar18: 7:32am On Mar 10, 2019
When incests and other abominable acts in churches have become the other of the day.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by greatdave(m): 7:33am On Mar 10, 2019
This post is false and only propagated by those who want to keep enjoying the pleasures of sin while "maintaining" salvation. Yes, the gift of salvation is eternal for as many that receive and abide. Jesus exhorts His disciples, “Abide in Me, and I in you.” And further in John 15:6 He says, “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”
There are several other scriptures that point to the need of "standing in the faith". Now am I claiming to be a sinless Christian, absolutely not. But I recognise my sin and run back to my saviour's arms, because I know if I dont, my heart stands to harden and I get comfortable in my sin and gradually drift away.
God bless!

11 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by light101: 7:34am On Mar 10, 2019
@Toks, I really appreciate your indept analysis of the scriptures. I will bookmark this page.

On the other side, I thought u were only good at giving advise to those "single". Lol.

I wish I can engage u for more discussions on scriptures. Thanks.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by alBHAGDADI: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2019
good
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Innoxxacs: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2019
All these Sunday pastors sha
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE : once saved forever saved

The bible I read says at Mathew 24:13 only he that endures to the end will be saved

Burn that at the back of your head.

4 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by twosquare(m): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2019
When you have not reached the end of salvation, you can still draw back unto perdition. Salvation is in three processes. First, the salvation of your spirit which occurs at new birth, then the salvation of your soul which occurs as you journey in the christian faith through obedience to the law of the Spirit of life which are embedded in the epistles and the prophets, and finally the salvation of your body which shall occur at the last trump.

However, can a believer lose his salvation? I'll rather say can a believer abort the process or program of his salvation? Absolutely yes, if he turns back against God. I am not talking about backsliding. I am talking about those who have the knowledge of the truth, even tasted the powers of the world to come and then became entangled again in that which they have overcome by denying the Son and the Father. Some end the salvation process. For us to say someone is saved, then that person is like the Father exactly. No one is as saved as God. To be saved is not to escape hell. To be saved is to not be susceptible to the elements of death and turning against God just like Lucifer did.

The new birth is the first token of salvation ...until the redemption of the purchased possession.” (Ephesians 1:14). The second and ongoing right now is that of the soul. That is why a believer can still commit evil... "receive with meekness the engrafted word which is able to save your soul." (James 1:21).

Some experienced eternal separation from God while they are still on earth and still living. If you check the Book of Jude, you will see guys who were once sons, who spoke with tongues, even heal the sick and know the truth, having revelations of the world to come, doing all kind of exploits but they turned by aborting the salvation process.

"These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots...Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.” (Jude 1:12-13).

Can the salvation process be aborted in you and have your spirit die twice again? Can you experience the second death while still living? can you experience eternal salvation from God while still on earth? Absolutely yes. Take care folks and work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

3 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by wizod(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2019
frankmelv:
How do you expect me to read this long thing this morning??
lazy youth sighted
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by zynzyn(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2019
Very Yes OP!
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Bilkol: 7:42am On Mar 10, 2019
unstoppable51:
From #FeedMeJesus.com,

The idea of a Christian losing his salvation is one of the most debated topics in the body of Christ today.

This argument has left so many Christians ill-informed about salvation, fearful and worried over where they will end up after their departure from this earth.

Some not having a proper understanding of the subject have been caught up in the endless circle of answering altar calls over and over in order to retain or renew their salvation so they won’t end up losing it totally due to their wrong actions, words and thoughts.

To find out the possibility of a Christian losing his salvation, we need to first understand what salvation is and how it came about, else we will be drawing up conclusions that have no strong footing in the scriptures.

What is Salvation according to the Bible and how is one saved?

Salvation in the scriptures is gotten from the Greek word SOTERIA. In this context it has to do with man’s complete deliverance or rescue from sin and it’s penalty which is spiritual death and eternal separation from God’s presence.

It involves God coming through for man in order to bring him closer to himself in a loving relationship by imparting into him eternal life, which is the God-kind of life.

Having being rendered powerless and helpless by sin, man’s only way of avoiding the utter destruction that was coming ahead of him was going to be via a Saviour. Someone whom sin and death has no power over, someone whom God has raised by Himself for the whole world to be saved through Him.

“And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:32-33 & 38-39.

ALL who BELIEVE in Him are JUSTIFIED from all things. Not by the works of the Law but by Faith. They are seen by God as if they had never sinned before when they believe in God’s grace to save them.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So a man receives salvation by faith, not works else salvation is no longer a gift but a reward or wage. The scriptures we have seen clearly explains this.

When a man believes in the Saviour Jesus, he (the man) by faith receives the Life of God in his spirit and is said to be born again, that is, saved from sin and its eternal consequences.

He has received God’s biggest gift to man which is Salvation in His Son through faith.

So can a Christian lose this God’s gift of Salvation for any reason after he has received it by faith and perish with those who never accepted the Gospel in the first place?

The bible answers this for us. Let’s see together the book of John Chapter 3, from verse 14.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:14-16

Twice it is stated clearly in the above verses that whosoever believes in him SHALL NOT PERISH.

The “perish” there has to do with “complete destruction from the presence of God”, the fate of all those who did not believe and receive the gift of Salvation that God has given the world through His Son.

Jesus further explains this in chapter 10 of the same book of John, verse 27 to 29.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE: and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND” John 10:27-29 (Emphasis mine)

No man (including the believer himself) is able to pluck the one God has already saved out of his hand.

So in God’s hand, the man who has believed in Jesus for Salvation is safe, fully kept by God Himself unto the last day.

Now will there be times when he act, say and think wrong thoughts?
Yes, many times.

But will these wrongs or sins cost him his salvation or separate him from God?
The scriptures never said that.

In fact, Paul the apostle was so sure of the inseparable eternal union the believer has with God through Christ that he wrote.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (Emphasis mine)

The reason he was this sure that not even things present and that which is to come (sins) would be able to separate the believer from the love of God is simply because God is not counting the sins of the believer against him. Salvation took care of that.

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:19

God does not impute or count ours sins against us anymore. As a matter of fact, He keeps the believer secured in His love and will present him before the world “faultless” on the last day, as though he had never sinned in his entire life.

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

God is able to keep you from falling as a believer, you don’t have to be restless with the thought of keeping your salvation or losing it. As a matter of fact, you are not the one “keeping” your salvation, Salvation is what is keeping. And He will keep you till the end.

So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!

He saves and keeps us saved, forever! Glory to His name!

Encourage someone today by sharing this beautiful truth with him or her.

You are much loved!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/01/answered-can-christian-lose-his.html

FeedMeJesus is a christocentric website that is committed to feeding this spiritually malnourished world with the Word of God's Grace and Love which is able to build anyone up spiritually.
For more spiritually edifying articles that will help your Christian walk, feel free to check out the site.

I strongly believe that one can loose his or her salvation if you renounce Christ or go back into sin as simple as that. Work your salvation with fear & trembling otherwise i’ll Keep sinning and agree to the statement that once saved, forever save.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by SEYIKP(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2019
Why did paul now delivered Hymenaus and Alexander to Satan in 1timothy1v20. That means they will now be living where Satan lives which is hell. And what will now be the lot of Phgellus and Hermogenes in 2Timothy 1v15 and Philetus and Hymanues in 2timo2v17-18
All these names that I mentioned were believers before they erred.
Bro please study to show yourself approved unto God
Please don't mislead people to hell if you don't want their blood to be on your head. This is a very sensitive topic that one must refrain from. Garcia.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Olusholasimon(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2019
My question please.
if a believer return to his evil way despite confessing & accepting Jesus & died will he be saved.

Sin our sins are not written against us again then we don't need to ask for the forgiveness of sins again.

What's your own definition for salvation or being saved ??

Thanks so much bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Expressway Churches / Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.