Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua (1582 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Harpyeagle(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
I've asked a few people this question but I wasn't satisfied with their answers. So I decided to make this post. The name given to the Messiah (yeshua/Emmanuel) is the most important name in the bible , why was it changed to Jesus?. I think through out the time he was on earth nobody called him jesus but yeshua.so pls I'd like to hear ur thoughts nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by LordReed(m): 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
Harpyeagle:
I've asked a few people this question but I wasn't satisfied with their answers. So I decided to make this post. The name given to the Messiah (yeshua/Emmanuel) is the most important name in the bible , why was it changed to Jesus?. I think through out the time he was on earth nobody called him jesus but yeshua.so pls I'd like to hear ur thoughts nairalanders.

Because it is winners that write the stories.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2019
Harpyeagle:
Hi.

I'm a Christian committed to following the Bible.

The New Testament was written in Greek and lots of Hebrew names were merely transliterated. That was how the name came to be used. It is not that big of a deal. But if it bothers you, feel free to restrict your address to Him in the Name Yeshua or Yehoshua or Jehoshua as you please. It really makes no difference.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by UceeGod: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
The same reason Yorubas call Him Jesu

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
Harpyeagle:
My own opinion is that most times we just like to place too much emphasis on the most insignificant things, but the most significant things are the things we take very lightly and for granted.

What is this thing that keep going on about Jesus or Yeshua, Yeshua or Jesus?

Is the most important thing not who is doing the calling and who they intend to call?

I can tell you for free that if someone who worships God in spirit and in truth, who intends to call Jesus or Yeshua, but mistakingly calls Him John, that Jesus or Yeshua would answer the person.

But if someone whose heart is far from God calls Jesus or Yeshua even by His real name regardless of what it is called, Jesus would not answer the person because He only listens to the words of the heart, and not that of the lips and mouth.

I mean look at the example of those who wanted to use the name of Jesus that Paul preaches, on demons, the demons were more interested in who was doing the calling, than the name they were calling.

So it's not about the name that's being called but about who's doing the calling, for the only reason the name has any such respect is because of the person who bears it, so the person who calls the name would also need to correspond with the person who bears the name, for the name to bear relevance in the person's life.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by kizking: 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
My own opinion is that most times we just like to place too much emphasis on the most insignificant things, but the most significant things are the things we take very lightly and for granted.

Is the most important thing not who is doing the calling and who they intend to call?

I can tell you for free that if someone who worships God in spirit and in truth, who intends to call Jesus or Yeshua, but mistakingly calls Him John, that Jesus or Yeshua would answer the person.

But if someone whose heart is far from God calls Jesus or Yeshua even by His real name regardless of what it is called, Jesus would not answer the person because He only listens to the words of the heart, and not that of the lips and mouth.

I mean look at the example of those who wanted to use the name of Jesus that Paul preaches, on demons, the demons were more interested in who was doing the calling, than the name they were calling.

So it's not about the name that's being called but about who's doing the calling, for the only reason the name has any such respect is because of the person who bears it, so the person who calls the name would also need to correspond with the person who bears the name, for the name to bear relevance in the person's life.

Wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
kizking:

Wisdom.
Thank you much for acknowledging it.
God be with you.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Archtype(m): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2019
Good Point you have there
jesusjnr:

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2019
Archtype:
Good Point you have there
Thanks bro.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by shadeyinka(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
Harpyeagle:
Because the Name works however you pronounce it in Prayers, Healing and Deliverance.

What language do you think God speaks?

Even in Hebrew He would either be called Yeshiva or Yehoshua!
Which one of the two is correct
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
Harpyeagle:

You are unto something important here. Don't let anyone hush you. You will not get a complete answer to the question you asked on this site. Google the origin of the name 'Jesus'. Just embark on a little research and you will get the answers you seek. Answers to the question abound, acceptance is another thing altogether.

Do not allow anyone tell you that the name of the Messiah is not important or that you call him whatever you like. That is a lie from the kingdom of darkness. You can call your dog whatever you like, not the Son of the Most High, the Saviour of the world. Isn't it funny that those who advise people to call the Messiah by any name they deem fit, take the time and pains to call the people they meet daily by their correct names. Go figure!

Some even make sure they pronounce the names of their football players down to the letter. Na wa o. Yet when it comes to the name of the Redeemer of mankind, they want to mislead people into believing that it is unnecessary!

What's in a name?

Exodus 3:13-14 Moses said to Elohim, 'Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, "The Elohim of your fathers has sent me to you," and they ask me, "what is his name?" Then what shall I tell them?' Elohim said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: "I AM has sent me to you." '

The Father in heaven, YaHVeH El Shaddai, cannot be separated from his name. His name is his identity. His name is who he is. Also, his name and his Word are inseparable. You can't have one and ignore the order.

The Messiah Yahushua came in the Father name. John 5:43.

Read:

John 14:13-14 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Knowing the name is one part, receiving in his name another. This is because receiving in the name of Yahushua the Messiah or wielding the power associated with his great and awesome name, is tied to the obedience to him. So, obedience is the key to the "treasures" in the name of the Messiah. Let's see how so:

John 14:12 Very truly I tell you, who believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

The name of the Messiah, on the lips of his saints, can do wonders - great, mighty and awesome things. The same name on the lips of demon worshippers can bring them condemnation. This is part of the reason why the kingdom of darkness of this world is doing everything in its powers to dissuade people from learning about and using the true name of Yahushua the Messiah.

Let me stop at this point for now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hi.

I'm a Christian committed to following the Bible.

The New Testament was written in Greek and lots of Hebrew names were merely transliterated. That was how the name came to be used. It is not that big of a deal. But if it bothers you, feel free to restrict your address to Him in the Name Yeshua or Yehoshua or Jehoshua as you please. It really makes no difference.

On the contrary, the names were not transliterated but they were translated. It is a very big deal, actually, especially to his true worshippers. Knowing the true name of the Saviour of the world makes a very big difference.
And it is not as one pleases or sees fit. The Spirit of the Father in the saint will determine.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
elated177:

On the contrary, the names were not transliterated but they were translated. It is a very big deal, actually, especially to his true worshippers. Knowing the true name of the Saviour of the world makes a very big difference.
And it is not as one pleases or sees fit. The Spirit of the Father in the saint will determine.
First, why do you say that they were translated?

Second, why is it a big deal? Does the Bible say that it is?
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

First, why do you say that they were translated?

Second, why is it a big deal? Does the Bible say that it is?

Don't you know the difference between translated and transliterated? Google them and then embark on a research. Go deep into research and you will know.

The Scriptures do not hide the fact that the name of the Father in heaven, which he shares with his begotten Son, is one of the two most important aspects of his existence. The other is his Word. The two are one and cannot be separated.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
elated177:

Don't you know the difference between translated and transliterated? Google them and then embark on a research. Go deep into research and you will know.
This is not any kind of answer, friend. If you are going to make claims that will affect people's eternal well-being, you need to make sure of what you say.

Why do you claim that the name Jesus was a translation rather than a transliteration?

elated177:
The Scriptures do not hide the fact that the name of the Father in heaven, which he shares with his begotten Son, is one of the two most important aspects of his existence. The other is his Word. The two are one and cannot be separated.
I hear you. But I don't see these Scriptures you speak of.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by paxonel(m): 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
Jesus or Yeshua whats the difference?

Since modern day christians have already know him as Jesus how does that affect christianity?
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 9:32am On Mar 12, 2019
[quote author=Ihedinobi3 post=76566349]
This is not any kind of answer, friend. If you are going to make claims that will affect people's eternal well-being, you need to make sure of what you say.

Why do you claim that the name Jesus was a translation rather than a transliteration?

Why do you claim that it was transliterated and not translated?

I hear you. But I don't see these Scriptures you speak of.[/quote

Guy, study the Scriptures and find out for yourself. The chapters and verses are not hidden.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
elated177:
Guy, study the Scriptures and find out for yourself. The chapters and verses are not hidden.
I am taking this to mean that you do not know what you are talking about.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I am taking this to mean that you do not know what you are talking about.

You wish.

I didn't want to this, you being "a Christian committed to following the bible" and all. Since you have failed to study the Scriptures for yourself, let me help you out a little.

Exodus 3:14-15.
1 Kings 8:29,35,43,48.
1 Kings 9:3.
2 Chronicles 7:14.
Psalm 138:2.
Psalm119:89,105, etc.
Isaiah 42:8.
Proverbs 30:4.
Matt 28:19.
John 3:18.
John 5:43.

Just a minuscule of the chapters and verses in the Scriptures.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
elated177:

You wish.

I didn't want to this, you being "a Christian committed to following the bible" and all. Since you have failed to study the Scriptures for yourself, let me help you out a little.

Unfortunately, because of a new problem with my device, I can't post the content of those references. Nor am I actually responsible to do so. I wish I could both to demonstrate that I do know them and in order to show you that you are making things up.

Exodus 3:14-15 was God's Description of Himself to Moses for the benefit of the Israelites. He was telling him what He is as God. He is the "IS", for want of a better way to explain it. That is, He is the Empowerer of everything that exists because He is the Prime Mover of all Existence. That is what the True God is. The Name that He spoke of was a definition and even the word there is lost in history. The original Hebrew was written only in consonants and no one is sure exactly how the tetragrammaton YHVH or YHWH ought to be sounded out. So, it was not merely the word itself but what it meant that was supposed to matter to us.

1 Kings 8:29, 35, 43, 48 is a selection of verses that only includes the phrases "My Name" or "Your Name". None of them actually says what this name is or that it must be exactly correct in spelling or pronunciation. In fact, in that period of history and until much later (even today, this is still true to some degree), "name" referred to the entire Person. Consider that name can be a synonym for reputation. What that means is that these verses speak of acknowledging God As God, giving Him His due respect and respecting the Place that He sanctified for Himself, namely, Jerusalem and specifically, the Temple which was His Earthly Palace (that was what Solomon was praying about in 1 Kings 8 ).

1 Kings 9:3 is the same as 1 Kings 8 treated above. What God says there is that He accepted Solomon's Temple and would live there forever. It is on that same site that the Earthly Palace of the Lord Jesus, that is, the Third or Millennial Temple will stand in the Millennium when He will rule over the whole world until the end of human history. This is exactly what the Lord was promising to Solomon. In fact, the Glory moved in from that day of dedication until Ezekiel saw it leave during the Exile, at which time the Temple was completely destroyed only to be rebuilt much later by Zerubbabel and even later enlarged and ornamented by Herod. Again, this does not say anything about the spelling and pronunciation of God's Name.

2 Chronicles 7:14 also says nothing about spellings or pronunciations of God's Name. In fact, just as before, this is God associating something with Himself and not a treatment any more literal than seeking His Face in the same verse is. His Name is His Person. People who are called by His Name are people who have chosen to submit themselves to Him and follow Him, therefore identifying with Him. They are the people whose prayers He hears. Compare "Christians" which is Greek for "(those) of the household of Christ".

Psalm 138:2 is the same as the foregoing. Still nothing there about spelling and pronouncing God's Name any particular way.

Psalm 119:89, 105 do not reference God's Name at all. They address His Word.

Isaiah 42:8 is a reference to Exodus 3:14-15. Also says nothing about spelling or pronunciation of God's Name.

Proverbs 30:4 speaks of the wonderful mystery of God. We do not know everything there is to know about God. That was what the question "what is His Name, and the Name of His Son?" was about. If Name is another way of saying "Person", as I have already told you that it was in Bible times, then this really was a challenge to the arrogant to tell all there is to be known about God. Again, there is nothing here about the spelling and pronunciation of God's Name, only the fact of it.

Matthew 28:19 again refers to the Persons of God. Later, in Acts, we see that the apostles baptized believers into the Name of Jesus. The Lord Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity, the Word. Why was His Name sufficient if this was an issue at all? In fact, it was not at all. What our Lord taught here was that those who believed in Him through the Gospel would be made one with the Trinity because of their Faith (compare John 15, 17:21-23, 26; 2 Peter 1:4; Revelation 3:20). Again, nothing about spelling and pronunciation of God's Name.

John 3:18 is the same as John 3:16. Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is, in Who He is and what He has done for us, is how we are saved, not believing in a particular spelling or pronunciation of His Name. The Lord Jesus is God Who put on human flesh to die spiritually on the Cross for us so that we can be saved from our sins and their just consequences. This is what we must believe to be saved. The issue is not which spelling or pronunciation to use for His Name. In fact, this place says nothing like that at all.

John 5:43 says that the Lord Jesus came on the Father's behalf and in His Recognition. That means that He came in the Father's Authority. But Israel of His Day rejected Him - just like many believers today are rejecting listening to the Bible and to teachers endorsed by it - and preferred instead to listen to people who came in their own authority and recognition - just like believers today are doing as well.

You may be one of those who think of biblical interpretation or hermeneutics as a mysterious affair which the uninitiated cannot do. Perhaps you think that the mere use of the phrases "my name", "your name", "my Father's Name" etc means something so profound that it needs to be seen esoterically, but this is not the way the Bible works. The Bible explains itself. That is, when something is said in one part of the Bible, that same thing is explained elsewhere either by manner of use or by explicit instruction.

God's Name is important but not in the way of a legalistic ritual. We don't gain or suffer for spelling the tetragrammaton as YHWH instead of YHVH, for example, and certainly not for calling the Lord Jesus Jesus instead of Yeshua. God's Name is important for the same reason that a person's character and reputation are. Honoring God's Name involves respecting Who He is. He is Holy and Perfect and therefore when we deal with Him, we must treat Him as Holy and Perfect. We don't take Him for granted or treat anything about Him as common. That is what it means to treat His Name with respect.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Shepherd00: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
Harpyeagle:
What do you mean replaced? Like it's a different name with a diff. meaning altogether?
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Shepherd00: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2019
elated177:

By what name does Jesus introduce Himself to people when they see Him?

Why does the sick receive healing in the name of Jesus?
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Shepherd00: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
elated177:

You wish.

lol. this is not how to make a point. what does the verses say?
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Shepherd00: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Unfortunately, because of a new problem with my device, I can't post the content of those references. Nor am I actually responsible to do so. I wish I could both to demonstrate that I do know them and in order to show you that you are making things up.

Exodus 3:14-15 was God's Description of Himself to Moses for the benefit of the Israelites. He was telling him what He is as God. He is the "IS", for want of a better way to explain it. That is, He is the Empowerer of everything that exists because He is the Prime Mover of all Existence. That is what the True God is. The Name that He spoke of was a definition and even the word there is lost in history. The original Hebrew was written only in consonants and no one is sure exactly how the tetragrammaton YHVH or YHWH ought to be sounded out. So, it was not merely the word itself but what it meant that was supposed to matter to us.

1 Kings 8:29, 35, 43, 48 is a selection of verses that only includes the phrases "My Name" or "Your Name". None of them actually says what this name is or that it must be exactly correct in spelling or pronunciation. In fact, in that period of history and until much later (even today, this is still true to some degree), "name" referred to the entire Person. Consider that name can be a synonym for reputation. What that means is that these verses speak of acknowledging God As God, giving Him His due respect and respecting the Place that He sanctified for Himself, namely, Jerusalem and specifically, the Temple which was His Earthly Palace (that was what Solomon was praying about in 1 Kings 8 ).

1 Kings 9:3 is the same as 1 Kings 8 treated above. What God says there is that He accepted Solomon's Temple and would live there forever. It is on that same site that the Earthly Palace of the Lord Jesus, that is, the Third or Millennial Temple will stand in the Millennium when He will rule over the whole world until the end of human history. This is exactly what the Lord was promising to Solomon. In fact, the Glory moved in from that day of dedication until Ezekiel saw it leave during the Exile, at which time the Temple was completely destroyed only to be rebuilt much later by Zerubbabel and even later enlarged and ornamented by Herod. Again, this does not say anything about the spelling and pronunciation of God's Name.

2 Chronicles 7:14 also says nothing about spellings or pronunciations of God's Name. In fact, just as before, this is God associating something with Himself and not a treatment any more literal than seeking His Face in the same verse is. His Name is His Person. People who are called by His Name are people who have chosen to submit themselves to Him and follow Him, therefore identifying with Him. They are the people whose prayers He hears. Compare "Christians" which is Greek for "(those) of the household of Christ".

Psalm 138:2 is the same as the foregoing. Still nothing there about spelling and pronouncing God's Name any particular way.

Isaiah 42:8 is a reference to Exodus 3:14-15. Also says nothing about spelling or pronunciation of God's Name.

Proverbs 30:4 speaks of the wonderful mystery of God. We do not know everything there is to know about God. That was what the question "what is His Name, and the Name of His Son?" was about. If Name is another way of saying "Person", as I have already told you that it was in Bible times, then this really was a challenge to the arrogant to tell all there is to be known about God. Again, there is nothing here about the spelling and pronunciation of God's Name, only the fact of it.

Matthew 28:19 again refers to the Persons of God. Later, in Acts, we see that the apostles baptized believers into the Name of Jesus. The Lord Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity, the Word. Why was His Name sufficient if this was an issue at all? In fact, it was not at all. What our Lord taught here was that those who believed in Him through the Gospel would be made one with the Trinity because of their Faith (compare John 15, 17:21-23, 26; 2 Peter 1:4; Revelation 3:20). Again, nothing about spelling and pronunciation of God's Name.

John 3:18 is the same as John 3:16. Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is, in Who He is and what He has done for us, is how we are saved, not believing in a particular spelling or pronunciation of His Name. The Lord Jesus is God Who put on human flesh to die spiritually on the Cross for us so that we can be saved from our sins and their just consequences. This is what we must believe to be saved. The issue is not which spelling or pronunciation to use for His Name. In fact, this place says nothing like that at all.

John 5:43 says that the Lord Jesus came on the Father's behalf and in His Recognition. That means that He came in the Father's Authority. But Israel of His Day rejected Him, just like many believers today are rejecting listening to the Bible and to teachers endorsed by it, and preferred instead to listen to people who came in their own authority and recognition, just like believers today are doing as well.

You may be one of those who think of biblical interpretation or hermeneutics as a mysterious affair which the uninitiated cannot do. Perhaps you think that the mere use of the phrases "my name", "your name", "my Father's Name" etc means something so profound that it needs to be seen esoterically, but this is not the way the Bible works. The Bible explains itself. That is, when something is said in one part of the Bible, that same thing is explained elsewhere either by manner of use or by explicit instruction.

God's Name is important but not in the way of a legalistic ritual. We don't gain or suffer for spelling the tetragrammaton as YHWH instead of YHVH, for example, and certainly not for calling the Lord Jesus Jesus instead of Yeshua. God's Name is important for the same reason that a person's character and reputation are. Honoring God's Name involves respecting Who He is. He is Holy and Perfect and therefore when we deal with Him, we must treat Him as Holy and Perfect. We don't take Him for granted or treat anything about Him as common. That is what it means to treat His Name with respect.
Correct.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by ochibuogwu5: 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

John 5:43 says that the Lord Jesus came on the Father's behalf and in His Recognition. That means that He came in the Father's Authority. But Israel of His Day rejected Him, just like many believers today are rejecting listening to the Bible and to teachers endorsed by it, and preferred instead to listen to people who came in their own authority and recognition, just like believers today are doing as well.

GREAT GRACE DEAR!!!
The devil has tried to distract Christians with this name of Jesus, YHWH or YHVH in recent times that I am surprised if the NAME JESUS does not MANIFEST THE COMPLETENESS OF GOD OUR SAVIOR IN THIS GENERATION yet there are so many souls who have not heard the GOSPEL and others who HAVE NO SOUND TEACHERS to help them GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
May the Holy Spirit have MERCY upon us and release his GRACE from HIS THRONE OF GRACE to help us in this time of need in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

John 5:43 says that the Lord Jesus came on the Father's behalf and in His Recognition. That means that He came in the Father's Authority. But Israel of His Day rejected Him - just like many believers today are rejecting listening to the Bible and to teachers endorsed by it - and preferred instead to listen to people who came in their own authority and recognition - just like believers today are doing as well.

You have shot yourself on the foot by the analyses above.

How exactly am I making things up? What did I make up? It appears you like false accusation so much.

What exactly led to this issue?

You clearly stated that the name of the Messiah was not important and that it made no difference what anyone called him. I disagreed with you and stated that it was important and that it made a difference what his follower called him.

Infact, I stated that the name of the Father in heaven and his Word are the two most important aspects of his existence.

You asked for the Scriptural references to the fact and I referred you to the Scriptures instead. I said you should search them for yourself. You insisted and I obliged you.

So, dude, I have answered your question by providing you with few Scriptural references that unambiguously underscore the importance and the greatness of the name and the Word of Father in heaven. The issue was never about spelling or pronunciation, but about the importance of his name as stated in the Scriptures.

I am going to ignore some things you roped into this issue, especially the last two paragraphs. I don't jump all over the place when discussing the Scriptures. Also, I depend on the guidance of the Spirit of truth and not on mere mortals.

This is not a popularity contest.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2019
elated177:

You have shot yourself on the foot by the analyses above.

How exactly am I making things up? What did I make up? It appears you like false accusation so much.
When you claimed that the Scriptures teach that it matters that we address the Lord Jesus in some specific way so that using the Greek transliteration of His Hebrew Name is somehow wrong, you were making things up.

elated177:
What exactly led to this issue?
It is actually I who should be asking you that question. You challenged what I said suggesting that Jesus is not an appropriate Name for the Lord and that the Scriptures teach that we ought to address the Lord in some specific Name without variation. That is what I was concerned with getting you to prove biblically.

elated177:
You clearly stated that the name of the Messiah was not important and that it made no difference what anyone called him.
Where did I "clearly state" these things. Quote and link, please.

elated177:
I disagreed with you and stated that it was important and that it made a difference what his follower called him.
This much is true.

elated177:
Infact, I stated that the name of the Father in heaven and his Word are the two most important aspects of his existence.

You asked for the Scriptural references to the fact and I referred you to the Scriptures instead. I said you should search them for yourself. You insisted and I obliged you.

So, dude, I have answered your question by providing you with few Scriptural references that unambiguously underscore the importance and the greatness of the name and the Word of Father in heaven. The issue was never about spelling or pronunciation, but about the importance of his name as stated in the Scriptures.
This is a mixture of truths and lies. Yes, you said that the Name and the Word of God are the two most important aspects of His Existence. Yes, it is true that I asked you to substantiate what you said with biblical passages. No, it is false that the issue was not the spelling or pronunciation. No, it is false that I needed you to provide Scripture passages that show that God's Name and His Word are important. The overarching issue here is that the Lord's Name was transliterated by the writers of the New Testament including the Lord's handpicked apostles, His physical siblings and associates of those apostles. You denied that it was. You claimed that it is important that we address the Lord by His "true name", whatever that may be, as a rebuttal to my argument that whether we call the Lord Jesus, Yeshua, Yehoshua, or Jehoshua, it really doesn't matter.

That was the issue. That was what you were meant to substantiate with biblical passages. There was never any question whether the Lord's Name is important.

elated177:
I am going to ignore some things you roped into this issue, especially the last two paragraphs. I don't jump all over the place when discussing the Scriptures. Also, I depend on the guidance of the Spirit of truth and not on mere mortals.
Your comments here are unclear. I am not sure why your declarations about discussing the Scriptures and depending on the Spirit rather on mere mortals are warranted at all.

elated177:
This is not a popularity contest.
This comment too I don't understand. Who suggested that it is?
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
Shepherd00:

Correct.
I believe it is. smiley
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Ihedinobi3: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

GREAT GRACE DEAR!!!
The devil has tried to distract Christians with this name of Jesus, YHWH or YHVH in recent times that I am surprised if the NAME JESUS does not MANIFEST THE COMPLETENESS OF GOD OUR SAVIOR IN THIS GENERATION yet there are so many souls who have not heard the GOSPEL and others who HAVE NO SOUND TEACHERS to help them GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.
May the Holy Spirit have MERCY upon us and release his GRACE from HIS THRONE OF GRACE to help us in this time of need in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Thank you for your kind words.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by Shepherd00: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I believe it is. smiley
I know it is.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by elated177: 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

When you claimed that the Scriptures teach that it matters that we address the Lord Jesus in some specific way so that using the Greek transliteration of His Hebrew Name is somehow wrong, you were making things up.

It is actually I who should be asking you that question. You challenged what I said suggesting that Jesus is not an appropriate Name for the Lord and that the Scriptures teach that we ought to address the Lord in some specific Name without variation. That is what I was concerned with getting you to prove biblically.

Where did I "clearly state" these things. Quote and link, please.

This much is true.

This is a mixture of truths and lies. Yes, you said that the Name and the Word of God are the two most important aspects of His Existence. Yes, it is true that I asked you to substantiate what you said with biblical passages. No, it is false that the issue was not the spelling or pronunciation. No, it is false that I needed you to provide Scripture passages that show that God's Name and His Word are important. The overarching issue here is that the Lord's Name was transliterated by the writers of the New Testament including the Lord's handpicked apostles, His physical siblings and associates of those apostles. You denied that it was. You claimed that it is important that we address the Lord by His "true name", whatever that may be, as a rebuttal to my argument that whether we call the Lord Jesus, Yeshua, Yehoshua, or Jehoshua, it really doesn't matter.

That was the issue. That was what you were meant to substantiate with biblical passages. There was never any question whether the Lord's Name is important.

Your comments here are unclear. I am not sure why your declarations about discussing the Scriptures and depending on the Spirit rather on mere mortals are warranted at all.

This comment too I don't understand. Who suggested that it is?

I am done with you. Take your accusing tongue somewhere else.
Re: Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua by orisa37: 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
YHWH; YAHWEH; YESHUA; JEHOVAH; JOSHUA & JESUS are thesame Word in different Tongues, Languages and Pronounciation.
They are Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Latin; Ethiopian and English. God bears them all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feminists Who Don't Submit To Their Husband Will Exhibit The Curse From God / Migration Of The Children Of Isolele/Israel From Egypt To Present Location / Atheists Aren't Truth-seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.