Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? (3856 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Why Did The Name Jesus Replace Yeshua / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
How did we arrived at the name "Jesus"?

What's the etymology of this name?

From my little research, I discovered that the name means absolutely nothing in Hebrew or any other semitic language of Isreal.

If Jesus was said to be Hebrew and the name means nothing in Hebrew even when you try to give a literal translation, so how then did the name come to be?

What language was the name Jesus coined from and what's it's literal translation in Hebrew?
I stand to be corrected, I just need to know the literal meaning of the name " Jesus"

Butterflyleo
Budaatum
Otemsapien
Johnydon22
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by enilove(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:

From my little research, I discovered that the name means absolutely nothing in Hebrew or any other semitic language of Isreal.

If Jesus was said to be Hebrew and the name means nothing in Hebrew even when you try to give a literal translation, so how then did the name come to be?

What language was the name Jesus coined from and what's it's literal translation in Hebrew?
I stand to be corrected, I just need to know the literal meaning of the name " Jesus"

Butterflyleo
Budaatum
Otemsapien
Johnydon22

The name "Jesus "is an heavenly name given by the angel of God to Joseph. Just as you can't speak and understand language of heaven , so likewise you can't understand this as well , unless by the Spirit of God.

Matthew 1:19-21 KJV
Then Joseph her husband, being a just man , and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
[20] But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1 Corinthians 14:13 KJV
Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

2 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Butterflyleo: 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:

Butterflyleo
Budaatum
Otemsapien
Johnydon22

"Jesus" is an Anglicized form of the Hebrew name Yeshua and it could mean either, Salvation or to deliver or to rescue

6 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
enilove:

The name "Jesus "is an heavenly name given by the angel of God to Joseph. Just as you can't speak and understand language of heaven , so likewise you can't understand this as well , unless by the Spirit of God.

Matthew 1:19-21 KJV
Then Joseph her husband, being a just man , and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
[20] But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1 Corinthians 14:13 KJV
Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

but Jesus isn't the name in the Hebrew Bible and the original scroll, how come we now see Jesus in Greek and English translations of the original Hebrew Bible?

Will that suggest that the Hebrew Bible is inaccurate or God spoke in English language?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Butterflyleo:

"Jesus" is an Anglicized form of the Hebrew name Yeshua and it could mean either, Salvation or to deliver or to rescue
does "Jesus" mean anything in Hebrew when you do a direct literal translation not an Anglicized form?

And what language was used in anglicizing "Jesus" from the Hebrew version of "Yeshua"?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Butterflyleo: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
does "Jesus" mean anything in Hebrew when you do a direct literal translation not an Anglicized form?

And what language was used in anglicizing "Jesus" from the Hebrew version of "Yeshua"?

The name Jesus was a translation into English. In Hebrew, the Jews prefer to call it Yeshu while the Christian version in Hebrew is Yeshua.

You cannot do a direct literal translation when the original new testament scripture was not written in english but in Hebrew and Greek.

To get what you seek, you need to visit the original version of scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by sonmvayina(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2018
The jesus story is not Jewish at all... It is Greek /roman in origin.
Firstly the jews don't have the idea of God mating with human beings as part of their belief. It is a roman ideology.
Secondly, the messiah the prophets spoke about is from the shoot of David and is coming to rule here on earth. His kingdom is right here on earth.. He is ruling in a peaceful world.. No more wars and oppression.

Thirdly the messiah will die a natural death after a long rule.

Finally the name of the messiah is David.. He will build the temple and restore the daily sacrifice to marduk (the God of the old testament).

God is not a man or human being..
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The name Jesus was a translation into English. In Hebrew, the Jews prefer to call it Yeshu while the Christian version in Hebrew is Yeshua.

You cannot do a direct literal translation when the original new testament scripture was not written in english but in Hebrew and Greek.

To get what you seek, you need to visit the original version of scripture.
it's wrong to say Hebrews prefer to call him yeshua because Jesus was Hebrew and the name they call him should be the original.

Anyways, if you cannot do a direct literal translation then what does Jesus means in Greek or Hebrew since "Yeshua" means salvation in English and "soteria" in Greek, so what does Jesus mean?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
sonmvayina:
Firstly the jews don't have the idea of God mating with human beings as part of their belief. It is a roman ideology.
Secondly, the messiah the prophets spoke about is from the shoot of David and is coming to rule here on earth. His kingdom is right here on earth.. He is ruling in a peaceful world.. No more wars and oppression.

Finally the name of the messiah is David.. He will build the temple and restore the daily sacrifice to marduk (the God of the old testament).

this is new, are you saying the name Jesus was a roman fabrication hence why we are struggling to get the name translated to Hebrew?

1 Like

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by johnydon22(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:

Butterflyleo
Budaatum
Otemsapien
Johnydon22

The name Jesus is not a direct anglicized translation of the Hebrew word Yeshua or Yehushua which means Yahweh saves.

A direct anglicized translation of the name Yeshua is rather Joshua.

Jesus is an anglicized translation of the Latin format for yeshua.

"Iosuos"

In Latin the letter "J" is rather I and pronounced with a 'Y' sound.

And the letter 'J' is a recent addition to the anglicised alphabet rendering the translation of the Latin word Iosuos to Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnydon22:

The name Jesus is not a direct anglicized translation of the Hebrew word Yeshua or Yehushua which means Yahweh saves.

A direct anglicized translation of the name Yeshua is rather Joshua.

Jesus is an anglicized translation of the Latin format for yeshua.

"Iosuos"

In Latin the letter "J" is rather I and pronounced with a 'Y' sound.

And the letter 'J' is a recent addition to the anglicised alphabet rendering the translation of the Latin word Iosuos to Jesus.
now my point is, if the original name is "Yeshua" and it means "salvation" and "soteria" in English and Greek respectively, will there be anything wrong with praying in the original "Yeshua" instead of praying in the name of an anglicized version with no direct meaning?

Or maybe we should just start praying in the word "savior" which is the original translation in English rather than praying in an anglicized name with no direct meaning?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by johnydon22(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
now my point is, if the original name is "Yeshua" and it means "salvation" and "soteria" in English and Greek respectively, will there be anything wrong with praying in the original "Yeshua" instead of praying in the name of an anglicized version with no direct meaning?

Nominal connotations doesn't work like that. Take for example, my name is John which is also an anglicised version of the Hebrew word Yochanan and Ionness in Latin.

The name means 'Yahweh has been gracious'

Would it make more sense to you to call me 'Yahweh has been gracious' rather than 'John'?

Or maybe we should just start praying in the word "savior" which is the original translation in English rather than praying in an anglicized name with no direct meaning?

I think the word Jesus derives meaning from its original connotation iosous and yeshua or Yehushua for long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by johnydon22(m): 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
sonmvayina:

This is not the premise of the OP but will also be interesting to discuss. Maybe a new thread?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnydon22:

Nominal connotations doesn't work like that. Take for example, my name is John which is also an anglicised version of the Hebrew word Yochanan and Ionness in Latin.

The name means 'Yahweh has been gracious'

Would it make more sense to you to call me 'Yahweh has been gracious' rather than 'John'?

I think the word Jesus derives meaning from its original connotation iosous and yeshua or Yehushua for long
let's take for example that your native name is oluwaseun which means thankgod in English and then someone from england anglicized your name to 'olewuseni", will that make any sense to you or anybody who knows the original name?

Will it no make more sense if he calls you by the direct translation "ThankGod" instead of the Anglicized "olewuseni" ? Cos I'm thinking that he will not be referring to you if he calls you by the later
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by johnydon22(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
let's take for example that your native name is oluwaseun which means thankgod in English and then someone from england anglicized your name to 'olewuseni", will that make any sense to you or anybody who knows the original name?

Will it no make more sense if he calls you by the direct translation "ThankGod" instead of the Anglicized "olewuseni" ? Cos I'm thinking that he will not be referring to you if he calls you by the later

I understand your argument well enough.

Take the word Igbo for example, the Europeans couldn't pronounce the "GB" sound as it is missing in their vocabulary so they improvised and used the word 'Ibo' rather.

True the word 'Ibo' makes absolutely no sense in the Igbo sense.

We could just agree it is a mutilated lingual connotation of the original word

If you make an argument that such anglicisation doesn't make sense, its a very valid argument.
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by sonmvayina(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnydon22:

This is not the premise of the OP but will also be interesting to discuss. Maybe a new thread?

Well, maybe you missed it... My point is that jesus is not a Jewish name because it is not a Jewish story..
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by sonmvayina(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
this is new, are you saying the name Jesus was a roman fabrication hence why we are struggling to get the name translated to Hebrew?

Somebody finally gets it..
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by johnydon22(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
sonmvayina:

Well, maybe you missed it... My point is that jesus is not a Jewish name because it is not a Jewish story..

Uuuhm sorry then I think I get it now
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by spartan117(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
@nwabekeyi The Hebrew version of the name is yeshua
English translation: jesus christ
Bini translation: jesu christi

There are many translations in different languages, but what is important is the person behind the name. Whether I call jesus or yeshua or jesu is of no significance except I'm referring to the son of God, my saviour, afterall there are many people bearing the name jesus if I call Manchester city's Gabriel jesus, he Gabriel jesus is the one who will respond because he is the one I'm referring to. So will the heavenly Father respond when you call on him.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So start calling on him today wink

1 Like

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnydon22:

I understand your argument well enough.

Take the word Igbo for example, the Europeans couldn't pronounce the "GB" sound as it is missing in their vocabulary so they improvised and used the word 'Ibo' rather.

True the word 'Ibo' makes absolutely no sense in the Igbo sense.

We could just agree it is a mutilated lingual connotation of the original word

If you make an argument that such anglicisation doesn't make sense, its a very valid argument.
OK, now that we know that the original pronunciation, why can't we pray in the original name?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
spartan117:
@nwabekeyi The Hebrew version of the name is yeshua
English translation: jesus christ
Bini translation: jesu christi

There are many translations in different languages, but what is important is the person behind the name. Whether I call jesus or yeshua or jesu is of no significance except I'm referring to the son of God, my saviour, afterall there are many people bearing the name jesus if I call Manchester city's Gabriel jesus, he Gabriel jesus is the one who will respond because he is the one I'm referring to. So will the heavenly Father respond when you call on him.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So start calling on him today wink
what if I pray in Yeshua, will I be wrong?

If I anglicize your moniker from Spartan to say Spartacus, will that be able to log me into your account?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by vaxx: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
Muttleylaff i think ur presence is needed here
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by spartan117(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
what if I pray in Yeshua, will I be wrong?

If I anglicize your moniker from Spartan to say Spartacus, will that be able to log me into your account?
My grandmother who couldn't speak English prayed in the name of jesu christi and God still answered her prayers, she was still a christian.

Imagine that I'm an English man and my name is John, then I travel to ibo land and they honor me with the name mazi, if they say mazi go and fetch that wood I will do it because I'm the one they are referring to.

If I then travel to Yorubaland and they give me adekunle, if they call me by that name I'll honor it for thesame reason as I did in Igbo land.

It's thesame with yeshua, jesus, jesu.
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by 0temSapien: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:

Butterflyleo
Budaatum
Otemsapien
Johnydon22

I will have to take you to a history of billions of years and then bring you back to around 2000 years ago. It's sure going to sound strange and unbelievable but it's the truth.

First, I'll like to let you know that words are reincarnated. Say any word at random, there's a probability that something very similar to it already existed. The name Zeusus Krista was answered by a person named Faulkin millions of years back in the homo erectus era.

Zeusus aka Dionysus was the son of historical Zeus(of the homo erectus era).
Krista aka Krishna was the reincarnate of the historical Vishnu (of the homo erectus era)
Faulkin aka Yeshua took up the names of both Zeusus and Krista and was called Zeusus Krista many years back before he died in Sodom-Egypt in the homo erectus era.

Obscurum 19:
And Yeshua shall be called both the name of zeusus and of krista together at once. For his deeds in Juda shall be as great as the deeds of those sons of the gods also.

Fast forward to our own era, homo sapiens era: The happenings in our era is made to be mostly the reincarnations of the 'words' or 'histories' of the past eras of billions/millions of years back. Therefore people who go into spirituality return with stories similar to the happenings of the past era. They bring back names of the past.

Adspiramen 16:32,33

32. But there is nothing hidden that shall not be dug up. All the powers of the present world shall be dug up for the use of the future world(crude oil).
33. Even the flat stones of great words shall be dug up...

Paul, Origeny, Eusebius etc came across the name Zeusus Krista in their meditations and trances and they worked upon it to make it Jesus Christ.

In summary, Jesus Christ is the reincarnated version of the name Zeusus Krista. I will paste references for all my explanations soon.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
0temSapien:

I will have to take you to a history of billions of years and then bring you back to around 2000 years ago. It's sure going to sound strange and unbelievable but it's the truth.

First, I'll like to let you know that words are reincarnated. Say any word at random, there's a probability that something very similar to it already existed. The name Zeusus Krista was answered by a person named Faulkin millions of years back in the homo erectus era.

Zeusus aka Dionysius was the son of historical Zeus(of the homo erectus era).
Krista aka Krishna was the reincarnate of the historical Vishnu (of the homo erectus era)
Faulkin aka Yeshua took up the names of both Zeusus and Krista and was called Zeusus Krista many years back before he died in Sodom-Egypt in the homo erectus era.

Fast forward to our own era, homo sapiens era: The happenings in our era is made to be mostly the reincarnations of the 'words' or 'histories' of the past eras of billions/millions of years back. Therefore people who go into spirituality return with stories similar to the happenings of the past era. They bring back names of the past.

Paul, Origeny, Eusebius etc came across the name Zeusus Krista in their meditations and trances and they worked upon it to make it Jesus Christ.

In summary, Jesus Christ is the reincarnated version of the name Zeusus Krista. I will paste references for all my explanations soon.
hmm, this is interesting?
So what happens to the biblical account of Jesus?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
spartan117:

My grandmother who couldn't speak English prayed in the name of jesu christi and God still answered her prayers, she was still a christian.

Imagine that I'm an English man and my name is John, then I travel to ibo land and they honor me with the name mazi, if they say mazi go and fetch that wood I will do it because I'm the one they are referring to.

If I then travel to Yorubaland and they give me adekunle, if they call me by that name I'll honor it for thesame reason as I did in Igbo land.

It's thesame with yeshua, jesus, jesu.
I were to answer chinedu and you anglicized it to shinede, irrespective of whether you don't know how to pronounce it, will that be my official name?

Did Yeshua come up to tell you that you can also call him Jesus?

Why not just call him with the original name, Yeshua?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by 0temSapien: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
hmm, this is interesting?
So what happens to the biblical account of Jesus?
It's just mere stories made up by
1. Bro Paul
2. Bro Eusebius
3. Bro Origeny
4. Bro Silas
5. Bro Barnabas

Eusebius was the person who did most of the work.
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
0temSapien:
It's just mere stories made up by
1. Bro Paul
2. Bro Eusebius
3. Bro Origeny
4. Bro Silas
5. Bro Barnabas

Eusebius was the person who did most of the work.
so how do we explain the revelation of the coming of the son of God in the old testament?
Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by realmindz: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
0temSapien:

Zeusus aka Dionysus was the son of historical Zeus(of the homo erectus era).

Obscurum 19:
And Yeshua shall be called both the name of zeusus and of krista together at once. For his deeds in Juda shall be as great as the deeds of those sons of the gods also.

@johnydon22, I know you have been observing this otem for a while....As an intelligent being, what do you make of him? He has written up to 100 pages with consistency and sequence. Plus histories of several tribes and cultures which makes me wonder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by 0temSapien: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
so how do we explain the revelation of the coming of the son of God in the old testament?

First of all, I will paste one of the so-called prophecy here or you to see. Then please help me observe the embolden parts.

Isaiah 7 King James Version (KJV)

7 And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not prevail against it.

2 And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.

3 Then said the Lord unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz, thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field;

4 And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah.

5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying,[b]

[b] 6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal:[b]

[b] 7 Thus saith the Lord God, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

10 Moreover the Lord spake again unto Ahaz, saying,

11 Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.

12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord.

13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

17 The Lord shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.

18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes.

20 In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a man shall nourish a young cow, and two sheep;

22 And it shall come to pass, for the abundance of milk that they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall every one eat that is left in the land.

23 And it shall come to pass in that day, that every place shall be, where there were a thousand vines at a thousand silverlings, it shall even be for briers and thorns.

24 With arrows and with bows shall men come thither; because all the land shall become briers and thorns.

25 And on all hills that shall be digged with the mattock, there shall not come thither the fear of briers and thorns: but it shall be for the sending forth of oxen, and for the treading of lesser cattle.

Now according to the emboldened part, a king named Ahaz was threatened by the approaching of some kings to conquer his land. Isaiah asked him to ask for a sign. Then Isaiah declared that those kings threatening him will not conquer him. Isaiah said that a virgin will become pregnant and have a child that would be named Immanuel. Then before the child Immanuel will know his left from his right, the three Kings would have been destroyed.

Now how is it possible that the Immanuel Isaiah was talking about, who should have been born in the days of Isaiah and Ahaz, is now a supposed Jesus Christ? Does it mean that Jesus Christ was born in the days of Isaiah to fulfill the sign? Remember, it was supoosed to be a sign that Ahaz will defeat the three kings, therefore the virgin should have conceived and bear Immanuel in the days of Isaiah.

So it was bro Paul and co that unintelligently fabricate the story of Jesus in an attempt to make it look like a fulfillment to Isaiah's prophecy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by MuttleyLaff: 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:

I stand to be corrected, I just need to know the literal meaning of the name "Jesus"

Butterflyleo
Budaatum
Otemsapien
Johnydon22

vaxx:
muttleylaff i think ur presence is needed here
We arrived at it, the same manner we arrived at having the following different forms/versions of the name Michael:

- Mikhail (Gorbachev)
- Micheal (Jackson/Bloomberg/Jordan/Caine/Douglas/Phelps/Owen/Spinks/Palin/Hutchence/Schumacher/Ibru)
- Mike (Tyson/Myers/Adenuga/Lazaridis/Pence),
- Mukaila (Sanyeri)
- Mikail
- Mihal
- Michelle (Obama/Pfeiffer/Bachelet/Gayle)
- Michaela (Strachan)

It dont matter, inasmuch as the variants of the name Yahashua, doesnt have unpleasant and/or offensive connotations of mockery

If people can call me all sorts of monikers, yet I somehow get to know about what I've been called in posts
and sometimes or not, reply back to the post mentioning me with a variant of my moniker,
then what's it to God, if He is called using a variant of the name Yahashua.
It's no biggie, as like God says: I know My sheep... I know them....

enilove, Butterflyleo and johnydon22, gave it impressive good stabs

vaxx, it's going to be long-winded explaining how we got to Jesus from Yahashua.
I think it was johnydon22, who gave hints about it without giving the further details (i.e. when and where he mentioned Joshua)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Explain To Me How We Arrived At The Name "Jesus"? by spartan117(m): 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I were to answer chinedu and you anglicized it to shinede, irrespective of whether you don't know how to pronounce it, will that be my official name?

Did Yeshua come up to tell you that you can also call him Jesus?

Why not just call him with the original name, Yeshua?
I just told you the truth of the matter in my previous post and I told you to focus on the person who is behind the name. Some call him jesus, others yeshua, a few others jesu among many other names.

God is not subject to the tongues of men he won't favor one language over another.

Focusing on what name to call him is not important, call him by the name you know him.

Call on him today and he will answer you!

May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visions Of Spiritual Warfare Before The Throne Room Of God The Father / Who Is Jesus ? / Happy New Year Nairaland Pagans/traditionalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.