Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Bisi Ojediran Completes 7th Novel! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bisi Ojediran Completes 7th Novel! (1380 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Mo Ibrahim Welcomes Bisi Daniels New Novel " The False Truth" / Bisi Ajala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisi Ojediran Completes 7th Novel! by Orikinla(m): 2:49am On Apr 26, 2007
"It is a riveting novel that tells the reader a lot about power play in African politics," says Bisi, who explained that he is currently looking for a reputable agency to represent him.

He talks about the novel:

We know Peter Abel, the acclaimed undercover reporter, is capable of almost everything, but surviving as the Press Secretary of the President of Mubonde is something else for him. Imagine this encounter from the novel:

", By the time Abel and the others reached the security vehicles in the parking lot, Abel was exhausted-physically from supporting the limp protestor's heavy body, psychologically from his concern about the effect of the incident on the crowd the President was addressing. He glanced up at the platform to see President Suweri confidently continue his speech. The majority of the citizens smiled and cheered. Abel let out a tired sigh of relief.
"You are Peter Abel," Momsom finally said as the security guard bundled him into an ambulance.
Abel looked the man in the eye and nodded.
Sitting in the ambulance, Momsom said, "I've read your articles in The Zodiac. In your day, you were a great and noble man."
Abel didn't know how to respond.
Bleeding from the corner of his mouth, Momsom rambled on. "You stood up for the down-trodden. You were a voice for justice."
Abel nodded again. He had always taken great pride in his career as a journalist. Having exposed corruption and criminal activity at the highest level, he liked to believe that his writing had changed people's lives for the better.
"You used to be one of us," said the man. "I guess there wasn't any money in that. You have abandoned your ethics and values. Now you are one of them."
A nurse on the ambulance placed a gauze pad on the protestor's cheek. Then the man was pushed farther into the vehicle, and the doors slammed shut, ".

Well, Momsom was killed, and later Abel himself becomes a target - to be killed for knowing too much about a cabal that tries to control the President. Seeing Abel as a threat, the cabal cuts his direct contact with the president so the only report or opinion Suweri gets is through them. Then, one after another, the cabal begins to kill Abel's collaborators, including lady who doesn't want to see the president brought down by a cabal of unscrupulous and dishonest aides. Isolated, shadowed everywhere he goes, and his office and homes bugged, Abel does not have to be told he was on the death list. He fakes his own death as a cover for a desperate trip to Washington, D.C., where the answers lie buried.

Bisi has written an economics textbook, two religious/inspirational books, English and Mathematics books for Nursery and Primary Schools, eight plays and four supplementary English Readers for Secondary Schools. Bisi's novels are The Black God Father, Love Wars, Sacred Seduction (a political satire, The Governor's Wife, Survival of the Beautiful, and Product of Africa.

From Huliq.com

Re: Bisi Ojediran Completes 7th Novel! by nwadinma(f): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2007
got his mail 5 days ago.
so happy he has acheieved another great thing.

looking forward to reading it.
Re: Bisi Ojediran Completes 7th Novel! by Greycells(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2007
i have read quite a number of his books, he is cool and i recommend him to budding readers
Re: Bisi Ojediran Completes 7th Novel! by shinystar(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2007
Have the privilege of reading all his titles. I had reviewed about two or three of them too. He is a terrific writer and I have no doubt this one will take him to further places. I hope our detective reporter is there because he makes my day.

Bravo to Ojediran!

(1) (Reply)

My Life, My Journey / Okobo(impotent) - Akíntayo Akínjídé / Poetry Collections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.