Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN (2990 Views)

Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos) / Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by TMKsouth: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
Africa’s tallest skyscraper - and one of the most exclusive hotels in Sandton (Johannesburg) -The Leonardo, finally opened its doors on Tuesday 03 March 2020. The developers of the 234-metre tall building say the 240-suite hotel and residences were ready for occupation.

Legacy Hotels & Resorts CEO & Chairman Bart Dorrestein said all the offices in The Leonardo are purchased and 90% of the apartments are sold.

"Our owners are scheduled to take occupation on a phased basis commencing March 2020," he said.

The Leonardo, which is within walking distance of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and retail hubs of Sandton, was developed by the Legacy Group, in partnership with the Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking unit. The R3-billion skyscraper construction began in January 2016. Already, 50 of the 240 apartments had been sold off plan when construction began.

Dorrestein said the opening of The Leonardo would give luxury lifestyle living a new address. The hotel boasts various eateries, as well as nine state-of-the-art conferencing venues and meeting rooms. Apart from the usual hotel facilities, it also has a Montessori pre-school.

"There is no reason to leave. We purpose-built The Leonardo to ensure all guests, whether they are staying with us, or just visiting, have everything they need at one address, and that’s ours," said Dorrestein.

He added that given the uncertain economic climate in South Africa, The Leonardo served as the Legacy Group’s vote of confidence in the country’s future.

9 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by Hadeya(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
Expecting something like this here in Nigeria too.
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by TMKsouth: 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2019
Hadeya:

I wish Africa could move towards bolder designs tho, like this Kenyan one. I find The Leonardo uninspiring even though it's in my hometown.

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by SillySeason: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
Serious countries indeed, buildings already under construction unlike here with just lip service, this country tire me every day cry

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by PowerpuffGirlz: 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
SillySeason:
Serious countries indeed, buildings already under construction unlike here with just lip service, this country tire me every day cry

Cheer up
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by SillySeason: 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
PowerpuffGirlz:

Cheer up
Thanx U are lucky living down south
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by Ugosample(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2019
SillySeason:
lol
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by SillySeason: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ugosample:

lol
Explain undecided
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by PowerpuffGirlz: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
SillySeason:

We have our problems but they'll get fixed - there's a new feeling of positivity in the country u know it's up up & away from here wink SAs like a superhero at times lolz
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by SensorVee(f): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
Hadeya:

Really were? Not just one building but lokk how nice environment in sadnton
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by Raydos: 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
Do you think Hausa give a fùçk about development

As long as they keep on ruling, there shall be no development
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by SensorVee(f): 11:06am On Mar 12, 2019
Raydos:
Do you think Hausa give a fùçk about development

As long as they keep on ruling, there shall be no development

Igbo developing SA and lead Naija cool

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by JaceBlaze: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
The design looks ordinary though.Something like Dubai's Burj Khalifa would have been a sight to behold.Good development anyway smiley

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by RainbowNATION: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Still not finished though cry
This building will be yet another catalyst to huge investment into Johannesburg. My favourite city in South Africa!

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by TMKsouth: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
RainbowNATION:
Still not finished though cry
This building will be yet another catalyst to huge investment into Johannesburg. My favourite city in South Africa!

Mine too - forget CT grin

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by RainbowNATION: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2019
TMKsouth:

Mine too - forget CT grin

CT?
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by XhosaNostra(f): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
RainbowNATION:

CT?

Cape Town.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by TMKsouth: 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
OPENED 03 MARCH 2020
Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by TMKsouth: 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by TMKsouth: 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2020

It can cost you R10,000 (N211,000) per night to stay at The Leonardo

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/r10000-a-night-to-stay-in-the-leonardo-2020-1

The Leonardo, built for a price tag of R3 billion (N60 billion), is advertising accommodation on the booking.com website that ranges in value from R5,573 a night to R9,360 a night’s stay on March 1.

The establishment is advertising 13 different rooms for the night as of March 1: a one-bedroom apartment (from R5,573 to R7,860), a deluxe apartment (from R7,280 to R8,360), two-bedroom apartment (from R7,780 to R8,860), and a "superior apartment" (from R8,280 to R9,360).

The building has around 260 apartments, including a three-floor penthouse suite at the top measuring nearly 3,000 square metres, known as The Leonardo suite. It has an asking price of about R250 million (N5 billion).

Re: Africa's Newest Tallest Building NOW OPEN by manitoba(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
I'm going there once Covid19 is gone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Chat This Morning With A Nigerian Who Lives In Turkey / Postgraduate Diploma In Canada / S. Korea's First "Black" Model Faces Widespread Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.