Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Freelance Writers Wanted - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Freelance Writers Wanted (848 Views)

Freelance Writers Wanted-get Monthly Paid At Home, Up To $150 / Freelance Writers Needed / Urgent: Freelance Writers Needed For A Research Driven Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelance Writers Wanted by Admitwithschola: 4:40am On Mar 11, 2019
Due to new projects, we now seek the services of 2 freelance writers.

Skills required

1. Ability to draw simple graphs with excel and do simple regression
2. Ability to use MS word
3. Ability to do simple statistical analysis
4. Ability to analyze data
5. Ability to concisely report findings in a coherent way
6. Ability to write in basic English language
7. Computer literate and internet savvy

Send your CV and a recent writing sample. Deadline is 13 March 2019. If you don't have writing samples, you may still apply.
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Tonieokey(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2019
A page is approximately 500words.

You mean the offer is 750 Naira for 2,500 words? cry cry cry

Wow

What manner of slavery is this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Supanovarr: 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
"Employers" like this are the ones contributing to the plight of young writers looking for meaningful work/projects.

This is a ridiculous and downright hopeless offer. Even if you looking to employ Secondary School graduates, offering to pay one hundred and fifty naira per page is virtually paying nothing.

No real writer who has his/her head plugged in good will entertaining the thought of this miserable offer not to talk of taking it up.

Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Admitwithschola: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
It is too quick to mention what you know nothing about.

We are a fair company. This is not a difficult task; a smart SS3 boy will do it in 2 hours. Anyone who has tested university education should complete it in one hour or less. Most of the pages will be charts. The words there won't be more than 500 and they are based on the many charts. Don't rush into saying what you have no idea about.

Meanwhile, have you heard any of our employees come to say they are underpaid? For the right talents, we pay above market rate in what we do.

Don't be too quick to say what you don't know. Not that I owe you any explanation, I do not..Just wanted to set records straight.

You don't need to apply. This is not by force.
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Misslagbaja: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Admitwithschola:

We are a fair company. This is not a difficult task; a smart SS3 boy will do it in 2 hours. Anyone who has tested university education should complete it in one hour or less. Most of the pages will be charts. The words there won't be more than 500 and they are based on the many charts. Don't rush into saying what you have no idea about.

Meanwhile, have you heard any of our employees come to say they are underpaid? For the right talents, we pay above market rate in what we do.

Don't be too quick to say what you don't know. Not that I owe you any explanation, I do not..Just wanted to set records straight.

STFU!

1 Like

Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Supanovarr: 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2019
Admitwithschola:

1. Who are these "employees" of yours? Figments of your imagination?

2. You pay above market rate for the right talents. Now that is funny. Know why? Nobody who has an idea of what market rate is for real talented writers will make such miserable offer at base level.

3. You made a mistake. I had no interest in applying for your "job". Why would you even think that in the first place? *chuckles* I have ZERO desire to apply.

4. I am a full time, experienced writer. I know a lot about how the business works. I don't even accept the silly 1naira/2naira per word system most " employers " and "contractors" offer on here. I rarely take jobs here. Your post caught my eye and I will say it again in case you did not get the memo: this offer of yours is ridiculous, miserable, and hopeless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Admitwithschola: 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
Supanovarr:

2. You pay above market rate for the right talents. Now that is funny. Know why? Nobody who has an idea of what market rate is for real talented writers will make such miserable offer at base level.

3. You made a mistake. I had no interest in applying for your "job". Why would you even think that in the first place? *chuckles* I have ZERO desire to apply.

4. I am a full time, experienced writer. I know a lot about how the business works. I don't even accept the silly 1naira/2naira per word system most " employers " and "contractors" offer on here. I rarely take jobs here. Your post caught my eye and I will say it again in case you did not get the memo: this offer of yours is ridiculous, miserable, and hopeless.

It's good to know you are doing well. One advice - drop the pride. It'll take you no where.
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Admitwithschola: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
Hello applicants,

We have been receiving applications from unsuitable people – MSc, 2:1 etc.. Please note, we are only interested in third class/lower credit and lower at OND/HND/BSc level. We may consider 2:2.

If you’re 2:1, 1st or masters, please don’t apply. Yes, we hire MSc/PhD, but that is another recruitment process entirely.

Thank you
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Supanovarr: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
Admitwithschola:
Hello applicants,

We have been receiving applications from unsuitable people – MSc, 2:1 etc.. Please note, we are only interested in third class/lower credit and lower at OND/HND/BSc level. We may consider 2:2.

If you’re 2:1, 1st or masters, please don’t apply. Yes, we hire MSc/PhD, but that is another recruitment process entirely.

Thank you

Do you know Nnedi Okorafor? She once made a statement: "when you are stupid and I tell you that you are stupid, it is not pride. It is the order of the universe".

You should meditate on that. Also, you just gave yourself away with your typical response that indicates I am proud. That is you projecting your insecurities. I will not sabotage myself just to make you feel good.

Once again in case you didn't get it. I am an experienced writer and as sure as the good Lord made little apples, I am good at what I do. I know this business. And this your offer stinks. It is miserable and it is hopeless.

Finally, drop the act. It is a sham. It will take you nowhere. No Masters holder or PhD holder will/has apply(ied) for your " jobs".

Have a nice life.

2 Likes

Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Admitwithschola: 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
Supanovarr:

Do you know Nnedi Okorafor? She once made a statement: "when you are stupid and I tell you that you are stupid, it is not pride. It is the order of the universe".

You should meditate on that. Also, you just gave yourself away with your typical response that indicates I am proud. That is you projecting your insecurities. I will not sabotage myself just to make you feel good.

Once again in case you didn't get it. I am an experienced writer and as sure as the good Lord made little apples, I am good at what I do. I know this business. And this your offer stinks. It is miserable and it is hopeless.

Finally, drop the act. It is a sham. It will take you nowhere. No Masters holder or PhD holder will/has apply(ied) for your " jobs".

Have a nice life.

Lol, I'm insecure of you? I'm stupid, lol. What will I not hear from nairalanders.

I wish you the best, oga experienced.
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Admitwithschola: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Thanks for those who have shown interest.
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by madampresident(f): 6:33am On Mar 13, 2019
thrash!
Re: Freelance Writers Wanted by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
Please, where do you get better paying jobs?
Supanovarr:

(1) (Reply)

Npower Recruitment 2019- How To Apply / Empowerment: Startup Nigeria 2019 Form / NCE/OND/SSCE Jobs Available (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.