Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,406 members, 7,850,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

6 Ways To Teach Your Kids How To Resolve Conflict - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Ways To Teach Your Kids How To Resolve Conflict (566 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them / Rick Warren: Learn How To Resolve Conflict & Restore Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Teach Your Kids How To Resolve Conflict by ValourDigest(m): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2019
6 Ways to Teach Your Kids How to Resolve Conflict

In our 15 years of marriage, my wife and I have worked hard to communicate and resolve conflict well. We’ve learned the importance of good communication, and why we need to make sure we don’t allow unresolved conflict to become an obstacle in our marriage. We’ve also learned to apply the same conflict resolution principles in parenting as we raise our four boys. As you know, children provide many opportunities to resolve conflict with their siblings as well as with us as parents.

For example, in the past 24 hours, I can give you several examples of when we’ve had to coach our boys in how to resolve conflicts. What do you do when one calls the other an “idiot?” Or, how do you handle it when your 12-year-old throws his paddle down on the ground because he can’t beat his old man in ping-pong? And maybe the one that frustrates me the most: What do you do when your children disrespect your wife? The number one rule in our house is, “Thou shalt respect thy Momma!”

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/6-ways-to-teach-your-kids-how-to-resolve-conflict/

(1) (Reply)

Raining Season Is Here, Get Your Bottle Umbrella / Why I Butchered My Husband And Buried Him / The Funny Myth About Baby Hiccups In Nigeria: By Anaborhi Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.