Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? (19200 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them / Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Yemike(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
I need people with experience on how to manage SS Crisis.
Both my parent are AS and we the kids are 5. I'm the first child and I'm lucky to be AA, the 2nd born AS, 3rd, 4th, 5th - SS.
I have 3 SS siblings and right now most of their responsibility and wellbeing is on me as the first born cuz my P-man is old already.
Just last week I have to rush down to my brother's school to bring him home cuz he called me in the middle of the night weeping cuz the pain is just too much and his roommate isn't around.
My question now is how can it be managed? cuz it's really affecting everybody cuz It's affecting their studies, I'm exhausted right now cuz anytime it happens it's ends with me borrowing funds to send to them and lastly it's sucks happiness out of the atmosphere as hearing a teenager weeping and knowing you can't do anything about it is saddening.

I've seen some people asking if they as AS can also marry AS please and please don't try it as you'll just be bringing innocent kids here just to suffer. The trauma of you seeing your kids in pain sef no be here.

How can SS Crisis be avoided/managed?

I'd have loved my write up to be well detailed but the little I wrote up there took up to an hour cuz my phone is bad.

You experience and advice will be well appreciated. Thanks.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by ahnie: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
Touching!
We're both AA's

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by xavuv: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
Pain killers, folic acid every now and then, cancel all mosquitoes in that area, balanced diet, little stress and enough rest.

Plus ready on demand emergency fund just incase.

These are from my experience when i lived with someone having SS.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Yemike(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
xavuv:
Pain killers, folic acid every now and then, cancel all mosquitoes in that area, balanced diet, little stress and enough rest.

Plus ready on demand emergency fund just incase.

These are from my experience when i lived with someone having SS.
You're on point. Mosquitoes are combated with mosquito net. But @ the bolded part isn't easy for this Tinubu economy but God is good sha.

13 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Acidosis(m): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
Your parents are very wicked.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by oliverwrites: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
Acidosis:

You are very dumb and very mannerless. How many of our parents know about Genotype? Most parents in their late 50s today did not do genotype test before marrying.

Dumb f*ck.

274 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by YoobaNesan: 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Acidosis(m): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
oliverwrites:
You are very dumb and very mannerless. How many of our parents know about Genotype? Most parents in their late 50s today did not do genotype test before marrying.

Dumb f*ck.

Any parent with three AS children in the university is certainly a wicked human being. That includes your parents if they fall within that category.

I understand the fact that the word "parent" makes you needlessly emotional.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Yemike(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Acidosis:

How many people are aware of genotype back then?

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by descarado: 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
3 sicklers in university shocked
The Lord is your muscle.

If your parents were catholics then, the church will not wed them. Sickle cell awareness was everywhere for people in their late 50s and early 60s.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by descarado: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yemike:

How many people are aware of genotype back then?
Depending on their church. As far back as early 80s, the Catholic church will not wed you. You must bring lab result. I think they still do it.

36 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Yemike(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
descarado:

Depending on their church. As far back as early 80s, the Catholic church will not wed you. You must bring lab result. I think they still do it.
Wow! Kudos to them but we're not Catholics tho'.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by drlaykay(m): 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
I do not care about how parents feel but how the children themselves feel. Any child less than 25 years with sickle cell must have been born by stupid parents. Yes stupid. The level of awareness of sickle cell 25 years ago was already extremely high.
I have experienced sickle cell patients go through EXTREME pain because two idiots believed they were in love. As a result, punishing innocent children. If you have a firsthand experience of what they go through, you will flee from an incompatible partner

If only I could make a law, then people will bag 10 years in prison per sickle cell child they have.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by stanyule: 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
I have a product called CRANSTEMBOLD very good for sickle cell patients.
#bosstan
#bosstanenl

4 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by WantsandMore: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yemike:
Both my parent are AS and we the kids are 5. I'm the first child and I'm lucky to be AA, the 2nd born AS, 3rd, 4th, 5th - SS.
I have 3 SS siblings and right now most of their responsibility and wellbeing is on me as the first born cuz my P-man is old already.
Just last week I have to rush down to my brother's school to bring him home cuz he called me in the middle of the night weeping cuz the pain is just too much and his roommate isn't around.
My question now is how can it be managed? cuz it's really affecting everybody cuz It's affecting their studies, I'm exhausted right now cuz anytime it happens it's ends with me borrowing funds to send to them and lastly it's sucks happiness out of the atmosphere as hearing a teenager weeping and knowing you can't do anything about it is saddening.

I've seen some people asking if they as AS can also marry AS please and please don't try it as you'll just be bringing innocent kids here just to suffer. The trauma of you seeing your kids in pain sef no be here.

I'd have loved my write up to be well detailed but the little I wrote up there took up to an hour cuz my phone is bad.

Your Parents probably married for love cos this genotype thingy have had it's orientation & people ignored. If you've money na to dey monitor their every biological existence mk dem no kpai

11 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Heroicvic(m): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
I been think say my own worst
I sympathize with you brother

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by remzytimer: 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
You can only try your best buy only my God can turn SS to AA let your faith be strong in God. Tell them to attend Shiloh 2023n the God of Shiloh is special in impossibilities. Just come with faith

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by money121(m): 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
How can husband be AA and wife is AS, and baby is SS? Paternity fraud looming...

Husband is AA, wife is AS. 3 months after they had their first child, they found out their daughter was SS.

At first, it appeared like a joke, a very bad one. Medically, that isn't or shouldn't be possible. They conducted the genotype test in four medical labs, and the result came out the same.

Husband and wife decided to have their genotype test again. Results were the same.

Then it became clear what was happening. Husband ain't the father of the baby. He secretly had a DNA test and it was confirmed he didn't father the baby.

Amidst the confusion, he asked his wife if he fathered the baby. Wife wouldn't confess. She insisted he fathered the baby. It's just obvious that whoever fathered the baby is AS which resulted in the baby's SS.

They went for a paternity test and it was glaring husband ain't the baby's dad. Wife still insisting she didn't get impregnated externally. She went ahead to do another DNA. Result was the same.

Wife became a shadow of herself. Husband got crazy. Their home became a "once upon a time."

Wife kept researching how possible it was that her husband didn't father her baby and the baby's genotype is SS.

Then she told a friend of the whole matter. Her friend just felt she's using female's antics. "Take responsibility," she was told. She kept swearing and swearing. Her friend told me of the whole drama.

I kept thinking about how this would be possible. Medically, it was impossible for AA to birth SS. Coupled with the DNA results, it was glaring. But wife claiming innocence and swearing on her life was a whole different thing.

I thought of what could have been. Then I arrived at a conclusion: if wife is innocent, then she's not the mother of the child. I immediately called my friend that I've found a possible solution. MNA (maternity test) to the rescue.

They went for an MNA, and test revealed she's not the mother of the baby. Babies were changed at birth. Long story cut short, they involved the police and investigations were carried out.

Multiple tests done "here and there." They got their own baby back - AS. They returned the supposed baby. Hospital was sued for the negligence and trauma.

Wife was so displeased her husband didn't trust her. They settled and made up. They just had their second baby - a boy. Husband stayed with wife in labor room and monitored everything. Once bitten, twice shy.

At times, so called paternity fraud is change of babies at the hospital.

SOLUTION TO THE ABOVE PROBLEMS:

1. Advise your male children, to stay with their wives in the Labour wards, as their wives are delivering.

2. Advise your female children, to insist on their husbands staying in and remaining in the Labour ward, during child births.

The world of today, are full of people with evil intentions.

Together we can make the world a better place

Copied.

154 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by money121(m): 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
Yemike:

So sad cry

1 Like

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by money121(m): 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
remzytimer:
You can only try your best buy only my God can turn SS to AA let your faith be strong in God. Tell them to attend Shiloh 2023n the God of Shiloh is special in impossibilities. Just come with faith
Shiloh will turn SS to AA

DEY PLAY grin

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by vintageviniba: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
If you are AS, don't marry Your fellow AS
If you are SS don't marry AS
If you are SS don't marry SS
If you are AA, you can marry anyone
If you are AS Or SS, before you fall in love yakata.. Ask the person's genotype. Na wetin dey pain person dey matter for person life. Fine it is good to fall in love. But in AS And SS case, omo open ya eyes o. Cos if Yoi born SS huh even love go fade!!

14 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by ednut1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
Rest in Peace ...Seyi Aweda FGCE....After all these Years, it still hurts.

I wish I could meet a member of your family, to let them know what a great being you were .... embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex__6LcJr8E

Alili sad embarassed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Bchop(m): 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
remzytimer:
Very dumb fellow.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by EmekaBlue(m): 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
Miracle no dey tire Jesus

Mine was AS as I heard but I did again recently I saw AA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Camberlo(m): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2023
My sister, get camel milk and be given them for some period flof time, by God grace the pain will reduce drastically

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by vintageviniba: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2023
money121:

Shiloh will turn SS to AA
bro!! The Bible says "wisdom is profitable to direct" Sometimes God sef go look you tire for your matter. Young lovers go see this one believe say AS fit marry AS. Or SS fit Marry SS, or AS fit Marry SS.

13 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Makunahatata: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2023
EmekaBlue:
Miracle no dey tire Jesus

Mine was AS as I heard but I did again recently I saw AA
go do am fr better hospital..not those quack hospitals u have dia in the East

11 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by Abbeytoy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Take him to a general hospital where they have enough Haematologists and make him join some sickle cell forum for better understanding.

Always stay hydrated, avoid mosquito bites, avoid colds, and eat well(not junk) take folic acid, Bco and Palludrin daily. Get tested if they can use Hydroxyurea, it helps, avoid excessive stress.

UCH Ibadan is the only hospital in Nigeria with a better understanding haematologists.

You can contact DM for more assistant

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by saintkel(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Bchop:

Very dumb fellow.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by DrAda(f): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Again. Sickle cell is a very manageable disease as long as you are on your meds.

5 Likes

Re: Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Bringing back memories of friends gone

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Couple Recreate Throwback Maternity Shoot Of 3yrs Ago / Mother Of Quadruplets Shaves Numbers On Their Hair To Identify Them / Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.