Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) (31040 Views)

Man Caught With Gun During Ogun Gov’s Inauguration / Woman Killed In Ondo With Private Part And Organs Removed (Graphic Photo) / Mad Woman Killed By Ritualists In Ondo, Breasts And Eyes Removed. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by EmmyBlogs(f): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2019
According to a report by Punch Metro, there was pandemonium in the Ogere-Remo area of the Ikene Local Government Area of Ogun State during the governorship and state House of Assembly elections on Saturday as a stray bullet hit and killed a mother of six, Oluwakemi Adeoye, during an exchange of gunfire between suspected political thugs and security agents.

It was gathered that the hoodlums created a tensed atmosphere along the Oja-Ale Road as they attempted to snatch the Independent National Electoral Commission’s ballot boxes from the Town Hall Collation Centre/Polling Unit in Ward 6, Ogere-Remo.

Police operatives and soldiers stationed in the area were said to have exchanged gunfire with the hoodlums in a bid to prevent them from snatching ballot boxes.

In the ensuing confusion, Oluwakemi, who was being conveyed by a motorcyclist from where she went to buy foodstuffs, was allegedly hit by a stray bullet.

An eyewitness, who did not want his name mentioned, said a clash between the Lemo group and the Luku group led to the crisis, adding that one of the mobile police officers stationed in the area allegedly fired the shot that killed Oluwakemi.

The 31-year-old said, “There had been issues between the Lemo group and the Luku group; so, on the election day, both groups accused each other of misconduct and attacked each other.

“The woman was on a motorcycle and immediately she and the motorcyclist passed the Methodist Church, the mobile police officers stationed in the area ordered the motorcyclist to stop and out of fear, he quickly turned. All of a sudden, a bullet hit the woman and she died on the spot.”

A neighbour of the deceased, who identified himself simply as Akande, said the 45-year-old trader could not be rushed to the hospital because passersby and the motorcyclist ran away due to the ensuing tension.

The deceased’s husband, Matti, said he was at home when he got a call that his wife had been shot dead, adding that he took her corpse to the Ogere Police Station, where the case was reported.

He said, “I was at home when I got a call that I should quickly come down to Oja-Ale because something had happened to my wife. When I got there, I saw my wife’s dead body. She had left home to buy what the family wanted to eat for the night, but had not even got to her destination when the stray bullet hit her.

“I was told that when the motorcyclist saw the policemen fighting the hoodlums, he turned back and it was at that point that the bullet hit her. I carried her corpse to the Ogere Police Station and wrote a statement.

“My wife’s family members have come around and we have buried her according to Islamic rites. She was the one taking care of the family because I am old; I am really worried as to how to take care of our six children.”

Oluwakemi’s elder sister, Morayo, while demanding justice, urged the Ogun State Police Command to investigate the incident that led to the victim’s death and to arrest the culprits.

“I want the police to help me get justice by investigating the matter and arrest those responsible for my sister’s death. I cannot tell my mother about the incident because I am scared that the news will kill her. I want the government to assist the family in raising the children she left behind,” Morayo said.

The deceased’s eldest child, Wasiu, 24, said he was still in shock over the development, adding that he and his siblings needed help to survive in the absence of their mother, who had been taking care of them.

When contacted, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident and said the security agents were not involved in the killing of the woman, adding that eight suspects had been arrested in connection with the crime.

Oyeyemi said, “The death of that woman had nothing to do with the security agents. What happened was that, in Ogere, there are two rival cult groups; one is headed by a man simply known as Luku Number One, while the other group is led by a guy known simply as Lemo.

“So, after the elections were concluded and the electoral materials were moved to the collation centre, the two groups clashed in the town and started firing at each other. It was in the process that the woman was killed by a stray bullet.

“It was even the husband who came to the police station to report the incident and immediately, the police and the soldiers moved in and were able to arrest eight suspects. The soldiers also arrested Luku, who happens to be the leader of one of the groups, and they took him away.

“The vehicle that he (Luku) was using that day was impounded. The police and soldiers were not at the scene as of the time the stray bullet killed the woman. The police asked the husband to bring the corpse so that a post-mortem examination could be performed on her remains, but he refused and went ahead to bury her.”

See More: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/03/see-woman-who-got-killed-in-crossfire.html?m=1

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by chiipink(f): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2019
Rip

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Baawaa(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2019
In the ensuing confusion, Oluwakemi, who was being conveyed by a motorcyclist from where she went to buy foodstuffs, was allegedly hit by a stray bullet.
On election day,she was over busy on friday to buy the food stuffs

4 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by dante0147: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2019
Na wa oo Rip
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by anonymuz(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Baawaa:

dont blame her, blame the system.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Nashirushekoni(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Rip

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by toydee(m): 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
May we remain divinely protected..rip

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by gebest: 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
no politician is worth dying for. tears.

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by temmypotter(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
Baawaa:

Look at this one, just type RIP and butt out.

Still trying to find fault and blame with a dead woman.

What is she had no choice? and why should a country be so messed up that The masses are subjected to observing a curfew or sit at home on election day. This is the real question here.

8 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by temmypotter(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
Baawaa:

Look at this one, just type RIP and butt out.

Still trying to find fault and blame with a dead woman.

What if she had no choice? and why should a country be so messed up that The masses are subjected to observing a curfew or sit at home on election day. This is the real question here.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Truefaith: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
By electrocution, by organ failure, by diseases, by food poisoning, by accidents, by animal attacks, by whatever, the curse of death matches on against all humanity.

It could be your own turn, even today.

"The wages of sin is death,but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ".

Do you have this gift of eternal life?

Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ?

Does the Lord Jesus Christ know you?

Has He claimed you as His son or daughter?

"...God commands all men everywhere to repent".

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-born-again/

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
those guys should have a rethink... imagine killing for kashamu of PDP and the next day. the same kashamu was seen hugging Dapo abiodun of APC.. what is the essence of killing for a politician who doesn't care of your whereabouts after the elections.. these guys should be wary that whosoever kills with a sword will surely die by sword... the killings are just not ideal..
may her soul RIP....
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Itzurboi(m): 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Baawaa:

It is said "two wrongs don't make a right" but 'm gonna make an exception here... Read my lip; YOU NO GET SENSE

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
I Don't Just Know The Reason Why Azikwe, Awolowo, etc Agitated For Nigeria Independent...

RIP
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Guruindahouse(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
cry They wasted her. I wish government can do something to cater for her six children she left behind.

Buhari will never be forgotten if he can reduce the salaries and other take-home pay of all these crooks.
EmmyBlogs:
According to a report by Punch Metro, there was pandemonium in the Ogere-Remo area of the Ikene Local Government Area of Ogun State during the governorship and state House of Assembly elections on Saturday[b] as a stray bullet hit and killed a mother of six, Oluwakemi Adeoye[/b], during an exchange of gunfire between suspected political thugs and security agents.

It was gathered that the hoodlums created a tensed atmosphere along the Oja-Ale Road as they attempted to snatch the Independent National Electoral Commission’s ballot boxes from the Town Hall Collation Centre/Polling Unit in Ward 6, Ogere-Remo.

Police operatives and soldiers stationed in the area were said to have exchanged gunfire with the hoodlums in a bid to prevent them from snatching ballot boxes.

An eyewitness, who did not want his name mentioned, said a clash between the Lemo group and the Luku group led to the crisis, adding that one of the mobile police officers stationed in the area allegedly fired the shot that killed Oluwakemi.

The 31-year-old said, “There had been issues between the Lemo group and the Luku group; so, on the election day, both groups accused each other of misconduct and attacked each other.

“The woman was on a motorcycle and immediately she and the motorcyclist passed the Methodist Church, the mobile police officers stationed in the area ordered the motorcyclist to stop and out of fear, he quickly turned. All of a sudden, a bullet hit the woman and she died on the spot.”

A neighbour of the deceased, who identified himself simply as Akande, said the 45-year-old trader could not be rushed to the hospital because passersby and the motorcyclist ran away due to the ensuing tension.

The deceased’s husband, Matti, said he was at home when he got a call that his wife had been shot dead, adding that he took her corpse to the Ogere Police Station, where the case was reported.

He said, “I was at home when I got a call that I should quickly come down to Oja-Ale because something had happened to my wife. When I got there, I saw my wife’s dead body. She had left home to buy what the family wanted to eat for the night, but had not even got to her destination when the stray bullet hit her.

“I was told that when the motorcyclist saw the policemen fighting the hoodlums, he turned back and it was at that point that the bullet hit her. I carried her corpse to the Ogere Police Station and wrote a statement.

“My wife’s family members have come around and we have buried her according to Islamic rites. She was the one taking care of the family because I am old; I am really worried as to how to take care of our six children.”

Oluwakemi’s elder sister, Morayo, while demanding justice, urged the Ogun State Police Command to investigate the incident that led to the victim’s death and to arrest the culprits.

“I want the police to help me get justice by investigating the matter and arrest those responsible for my sister’s death. I cannot tell my mother about the incident because I am scared that the news will kill her. I want the government to assist the family in raising the children she left behind,” Morayo said.

The deceased’s eldest child, Wasiu, 24, said he was still in shock over the development, adding that he and his siblings needed help to survive in the absence of their mother, who had been taking care of them.

When contacted, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident and said the security agents were not involved in the killing of the woman, adding that eight suspects had been arrested in connection with the crime.

Oyeyemi said, “The death of that woman had nothing to do with the security agents. What happened was that, in Ogere, there are two rival cult groups; one is headed by a man simply known as Luku Number One, while the other group is led by a guy known simply as Lemo.

“So, after the elections were concluded and the electoral materials were moved to the collation centre, the two groups clashed in the town and started firing at each other. It was in the process that the woman was killed by a stray bullet.

“It was even the husband who came to the police station to report the incident and immediately, the police and the soldiers moved in and were able to arrest eight suspects. The soldiers also arrested Luku, who happens to be the leader of one of the groups, and they took him away.

“The vehicle that he (Luku) was using that day was impounded. The police and soldiers were not at the scene as of the time the stray bullet killed the woman. The police asked the husband to bring the corpse so that a post-mortem examination could be performed on her remains, but he refused and went ahead to bury her.”

See More: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/03/see-woman-who-got-killed-in-crossfire.html?m=1

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by madgoat(m): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Tunagee(m): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
EmmyBlogs:
According to a report by Punch Metro, there was pandemonium in the Ogere-Remo area of the Ikene Local Government Area of Ogun State during the governorship and state House of Assembly elections on Saturday as a stray bullet hit and killed a mother of six, Oluwakemi Adeoye, during an exchange of gunfire between suspected political thugs and security agents.

On an election day such as the one in Nigeria, anyone who values his or her life, has no business outside other than some few distance from home. You buy everything you need the previous day, and leave election day for evil perpetrators and election thugs to carry out their unjustified electoral process manned by malpractices and violence. Sorry o! She killed herself. I remained indoors during both the Nigerian presidential and governorship election, didn't even vote cos I don't give a damn about fraudulent elections.
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Rest in Peace Ma'am. Your death is not in vain...
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Megfrivolous: 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
Baawaa:

The poverty rate in Nigeria is very high...
It was recently that i discovered that most people live based on what they earn the previous day on even the same day ... I mean a literal hand to mouth scenario�..

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by OdefaGirl(f): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
The police asked the husband to bring the corpse so that a post-mortem examination could be performed on her remains, but he refused and went ahead to bury her.”

....so the police have got an excuse on why they won't carry out their investigation. I just don't know why am always furious after reading police issues especially when they kill someone.
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
Post mortem kee all of you there, like she will wake up after any stupid post mortem
Re: Woman Killed In A Crossfire During Ogun Elections (photo) by mechanics(m): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
So unfortunate, she should have bought all what she needed the previous day instead of moving out during election period, it can be risky.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Jumps To His Death In Malaysian Police Raid (Pic/Video) / Ejike Okoye Arrested With Drug In Philippines / Chief Orders Corpse Of Buried Man To Be Exhumed In Ghana (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.