Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know (29257 Views)

Official Nysc 2018 Batch A Timetable Released / NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / Join 2018 Nysc Batch A (pcm) Whatsapp Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by musictori: 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
The National Youth Service Corps (abbreviated as NYSC program), is a time, usually within a duration of one year where all students who graduated from higher institutions in Nigeria are given the opportunity to serve their beloved country. Some prospective corps members (PCM) gets too excited about it and hence tends to forget the important things needed. This article is aimed at bringing the information on what is required by the NYSC officials when you go the camp and also your personal requirements for your ultimate survival there, so sit back and enjoy.

DOCUMENTS NEEDED IN NYSC CAMP

Some of the document may look irrelevant, but are very important to aid your mobilization on camp, they are;

STATEMENT OF RESULT: it is otherwise known as the notification of result which was given to you by your school upon graduation. The document contains the year of your graduation and the degree you finished with.

CLEAR PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS: Prospective Corps Members are to submit ten copies of their passport photographs, it is advisable to go with more to avoid being stranded on camp in case if they ask for more.

SCHOOL ID CARD: Although your school ID card might have expired as you have completed your program duration, but it is still very much valid when you get to camp as it would be required of you as proof that you actually went to a higher institution.

CALL UP LETTER: This is a document sent to Prospective Corps Members after registration (usually sent to PCMs a week to the camp), it contains the Call up number and the state of service. This document is not to be laminated for any reason whatsoever, as the barcode on it would be scanned.

MEDICAL CERTIFICATE: This document is to show that you are medically fit and healthy.

A FLAT FILE: This is required for housing all the above documents and it should be noted that it is required of you to have five of each document, having more wouldn’t hurt too.

ITEMS NEEDED IN CAMP

CLOTHING: You will be given two white shirts and shorts that may not be your size, but the good news is that there are tailors around, ready to be at your service. You can also bring yours, because you might not have all the time in the world to wash every day.

MOSQUITO NET: It is self explanatory, to chase away mosquitoes and avoid malaria.

TOILETRIES: This includes your bathing soap, tooth brush (es), tooth paste, detergent, sponge, Toilet paper, and your towel.

HANDKERCHIEFS: Essential for those that their sweat glands are always rushing because there will always be marching on camp.

MONEY AND ATM CARD(S): This is very important on camp, as it will be needed to purchase a lot of things and meet your daily needs. You don’t find ATM in all camps, but there just might be one in the camp you will be posted to, so go along with your card.

TORCH LIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: For lighting up the place in case of power outage in the night.

BUCKET: For fetching water.

WAIST BAG: To house your portable belongings like your phones, ATM cards, ID card.

SLEEPING TOOLS: I call them sleeping tools because they will aid your good night rest, they include; bed sheet, wrapper (in cold places), pillow, pillow case and others you can think of.

Finally, it should be noted that you should guard all your belongings with all sense of diligence as there will be different people from different background and character in one place. If any of your belonging is stolen, it will cost you much. Have a great time in camp, if you have any question, ask it in the comment section.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/10/nysc-camp-documents-items-needed-and.html

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by clinsman1: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
No wahala
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by ItuExchange(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
There's nothing news here.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by casthimnot: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
increase the allawee to 40k, then it is a news
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Overrated scheme.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by slawomir: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Okay
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Starboytwo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
Are there any major Implications for foregoing the NYSC scheme...
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Mayany(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
What is the camp duration and can someone take excuse after a while?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by ChiefVolt007: 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
Before you use mosquito net. Better soak and wash it up to 3 times and dry under hot sun oh.. So the chemical will reduce. Make una no go camp con die put for dia. And we know say Nigerian government no go do research if that one happen. Them go tag am suffer head or one kind strange infection..BE WISE

9 Likes

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by ThisIsOutlaw: 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
How about peeps that schooled in Overseas?? Same requirements?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Ogbenisleem(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
Nice information
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Ourown(m): 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
I'd like a redeployment to Abuja. Who can help? I don't have money please.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Welrez(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
I think it will be relevant to explain to PCMs the relationship between the printing of JAMB result slips and mobilisation. NYSC seems to be introducing new measures at each batch mobilisation, thereby leaving non-internet savvy students behind during mobilisation.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Alejoas(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ajuwaya let's go!
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
tongue
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by CoolJul: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
what if your medical report says you aren't fit , can you be allowed to forgo camping?

Please I need answers, thank you!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Bright9239(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ten copies of passport photograph is too much not to talk of going with more.
In short, for abundance of doubt, only two passports are needed to open file.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
Interesting post...OK I already have all my documents

Everybody wants to serve in abj....just go nd get married nd live in abj simple ..

Just saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by peterside14: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
halla me for your redeployment
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by patjane(f): 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2019
I did change of Date of birth in my NYSC Portal using my WAEC result but am still seeing Exemption Certificate is being processed. Am so confuse here cry. What should i do next?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Moses200: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
Please oo am a 300L student.
On jamb website my year of birth is 2002 instead of 1995......error from the registration center

Am kind of pessimistic about it
Please what do You advice me to do or am i safe with that??
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
otondo....

white fowls

ajuwaya
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by ItzBIM(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
Don’t you need ur certificate also
Re: NYSC Batch A: Everything You Need To Know by Mike008(m): 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Don't stress yourself with Kaya.
Just carry your vital documents with sufficient money in your bank account.
Any other thing you require will be available on sale from the beginning of the street of the NYSC camp to the door of your hostel.
Most of the things you take to camp are more or less disposables so don't even worry about the quality you won't be needing them after 3weeks.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corps Members To Receive Their Allowance In A Couple Of Days – NYSC / I'm Tired Of This NYSC, It's Either Garri Or Yam Every Single Day - Corps Member / Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.