Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

"I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo (475 Views)

Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / See The 10 Universities With Fastest Academic Calender In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by grandiose4ever: 8:42am On Mar 13, 2019
.....Before Covenant University is 20, I vow by God that the 1st ten universities in the world will have Covenant (University) inside.

I called Covenant University a 'new generation Havard' and it is 'Havarding' already.

Dr David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1609885772488621/

Seun lalasticlala highered coddetemplar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by HigherEd: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2019
The current best young university in the world is the Hong Kong University of Science And Technology(Times Young university rankings 2018). HKUST was founded in 1991 but on the Times world university rankings is rated 41st.

Covenant is benchmarking with Maastricht University, Netherlands founded in 1976 and POSTECH, South Korea founded in 1986. The interesting thing is none of these two are even in top 100 universities talk more of top 10.

Some years ago the Chinese govt declared "double first class" which mandated 42 Chinese universities to overtake American Universities on world rankings, but till today not one Chinese university has made it to top 10 even though they invaded top 100.
Reason being that IVY league Private universities in the US and few UK universities who hold the top 10 ranking spend about 700 billion naira to 1 trillion naira in annual research spending.

So in my honest opinion just having Covenant university in top 100 is enough to send shockwaves across and accolades from global academia - even that would require hundreds of billions of naira to acheive plus intensive support by FG. So unless winners is ready to set aside at least 400 billion naira in annual research funding then top 100 may be just realistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by thesicilian: 9:16am On Mar 13, 2019
These are the kinds of dreams and goals all Nigerian businesses should be aspiring to.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by HigherEd: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2019
However God can do the impossible, if it's a prophetic verdict from God I have no choice than to believe 100% cool

1 Like

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by Degis(m): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2019
HigherEd:
However God can do the impossible, if it's a prophetic verdict from God I have no choice than to believe 100% cool

God’s ways are past finding out. Oyedepo having the Spirit of Faith believes and yet speaks and I also believe and speak that just as Covenant University is moving forward, so shall my life and yours move forward in Jesus mighty name amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2019
HigherEd:
The current best young university in the world is the Hong Kong University of Science And Technology(Times Young university rankings 2018). HKUST was founded in 1991 but on the Times world university rankings is rated 41st.

Covenant is benchmarking with Maastricht University, Netherlands founded in 1976 and POSTECH, South Korea founded in 1986. The interesting thing is none of these two are even in top 100 universities talk more of top 10.

Some years ago the Chinese govt declared "double first class" which mandated 42 Chinese universities to overtake American Universities on world rankings, but till today not one Chinese university has made it to top 10 even though they invaded top 100.
Reason being that IVY league Private universities in the US and few UK universities who hold the top 10 ranking spend about 700 billion naira to 1 trillion naira in annual research spending.

So in my honest opinion just having Covenant university in top 100 is enough to send shockwaves across and accolades from global academia - even that would require hundreds of billions of naira to acheive plus intensive support by FG. So unless winners is ready to set aside at least 400 billion naira in annual research funding then top 100 may be just realistic.
You made a lot of sense but there is possibility for exceptions. In a faith based setting, the impossible is an option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by InansBobo(m): 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
It better be an aspiration
Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
I like your dream Bishop. I regretted not doing by degree in that school where students are valued and lecturers have time for their students.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Vow By God Covenant Would Be One Of The Top 10 Universities" - Oyedepo by grandiose4ever: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
I found this doc. They ain't joking mehn

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program / Study In China, UK, Canada Or Australia For 2019-2020 Session Fast And Easy / Pictures Of Jide Sawo OLU, Lagos State Governor Elect In Unilag's Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.