Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw (30062 Views)

262 Out Of 860 Pilots In Pakistan Have Fake Licenses / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / Meet The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Who Excites Pilots In Their Cockpits. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by manny4life(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
ManTiger:

The 2 pilots on the craft and FO (first officers) are well experienced and they are not citizen of the 3rd world country as you may think, I personally read their profiles.

Yes they may have an ATP license and thousands of logged flight hours, no doubt, but Colgan 3407 is a good example of why hours doesn't necessarily translate to experience as one may have thought. Most air accidents had a good chance of survivability if not for pilot error. Yet, these pilots have thousands of flight hours. All pilots are trained to handle emergencies but not all pilots are equipped to manage real emergencies.

2 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by foreigner29(f): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:
I believe the issue of this 737 Max 8 is partly a factory error, maintenance and pilot technique!

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!
What makes you to believe due to carelessness of Airline ? For your information Ethiopian airlines has the best safety records all the times. Do you think all those countries including US would decide to ground this model with out confirming the plane has technical fault

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by nikkygal(f): 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
lexy2014:

U seem 2no more than d pilots who lost their lives in Indonesia & Ethiopia. U also seem 2no more than d pilots in d US who are lodging complaints about d plane. U also seem 2no more than d pilots union in d US that has said it's member can refuse 2 fly Max 8 if they are worried about its safety. According 2u d problem has been handled safely in d US& we are on this thread. It has been handled safely in Europe, yet Europe, US, Singapore, Canada have banned d plane.

https://www.cnn/world/live-news/boeing-737-max-8-ethiopia-airlines-crash/index.html

Thanks for this comment. I was just about to respond to him that he might actually have a point about pilots relying so much on technology, but this issue goes way beyond that. Didn't you read articles online where they said details about the MCAS and the turning off the autoplilot when the plane went into a nosedive wasn't even in the manual? Did you read that the manual for the plane was really flimsy and didn't contain a lot of the additional details that were required to operate the plane?

Did you read that Boeing told their customers there was no need to re-train their pilots on the use of the 737 MAX despite the fact that there had been significant changes to the operations / architecture of the plane? All because they were trying to reduce cost for the airlines while maximizing their own sales too..

Are you more experienced than all the airmen that had previously complained about all these issues across the US & beyond? What of the engine placement issue which is the major factor that affected the plane's center of gravity initially? That was what necessitated the MCAS, and can a software totally resolve a design issue?

I recognise that there could be skill gaps between the pilots in the 3rd world or developing countries vs. those in the 1st world but please cut these guys some slack!!! No one wants to die and these guys are trying their best and improving their skills as well.

It's easy to be keypad warriors and analysing stuff from your desks, but you don't know better than the aviation experts and other experienced pilots who have had 1st-hand experience with this planes and recommend further investigation.

6 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by oloyede90(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
Price for airbus no be moimoi. And na you go help Dem find all d passengers for a short flight?Airbus is damn big you can just put 140 passengers on a short trip.na loss to d company
martineverest:
useless company..they have been manufacturing killer planes with poor airworthiness.thank God the European union,Asians and African countries are grounding the planes...Boeing market share will plunge

time for Airbus sales to soar
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by blessedaunty: 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2019
oloyede90:
Price for airbus no be moimoi. And na you go help Dem find all d passengers for a short flight?Airbus is damn big you can just put 140 passengers on a short trip.na loss to d company

Airbus is quite expensive.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by naptu2: 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by writeprof(m): 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
sexyking1:
Kai see how Boeing 737 carrier end!
Prayers; my Father my Father any incidents or accident, directly or indirectly planned to end my carrier must be destroyed in Jesus Name! Amen

Amen! Accidents will not end our careers in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by predatorX: 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Boeing is a very complex and dangerous aircraft to fly compared to cesenna and the likes. To prevent future disastrous occurrence like this, I suggest airports and aviation authorities around the world should make commercial airliners fly on cesennas only which usually is safer and can accommodate a maximum of 4 passengers. Even if na Australia or new Zealand you dey go they will first go and drop four passengers first before they come back to carry another four. That's my own opinion.

Comparing a turbo-fan jet engine to a propeller engine is doing great injustice to the cessna craft..............It is similar to comparing a Hennessey Venom to Toyota Tiny Light. OR comparing Obama's intellect to Buhari's
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by BotherMleeper(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2019
Edagentle:
That's quite long to read, someone read and summarize abeg. undecided

That plane. Bad.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Boeing is a very complex and dangerous aircraft to fly compared to cesenna and the likes. To prevent future disastrous occurrence like this, I suggest airports and aviation authorities around the world should make commercial airliners fly on cesennas only which usually is safer and can accommodate a maximum of 4 passengers. Even if na Australia or new Zealand you dey go they will first go and drop four passengers first before they come back to carry another four. That's my own opinion.
foolish opinion
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Adiwana: 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
DMerciful:
If Boeing doesn't manage this well, it will wreck their business! Airbus will be happy with Boeing's tragedy but not necessarily that people died!

They don't give a shiit.The more people die,the more people and companies stop using their aircrafts,the more boeing's shares and market value falls,the more airbus and Co rise in shares.Its all business for them and a win win situation
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Aigbogun01: 5:22am On Mar 14, 2019
BigBashiru:

Boeing deserves to be out of business.

No. They don't. But they need to work actively on fixing issues like this and train pilots on all updates to their system.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Reference(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2019
lexy2014:

U seem 2no more than d pilots who lost their lives in Indonesia & Ethiopia. U also seem 2no more than d pilots in d US who are lodging complaints about d plane. U also seem 2no more than d pilots union in d US that has said it's member can refuse 2 fly Max 8 if they are worried about its safety. According 2u d problem has been handled safely in d US& we are on this thread. It has been handled safely in Europe, yet Europe, US, Singapore, Canada have banned d plane.

https://www.cnn/world/live-news/boeing-737-max-8-ethiopia-airlines-crash/index.html

I did not say anywhere that the aircraft is safe. What I am saying is that it is clear those that survive have better flying skills and are probably able toreact better tothe flaws of new technology. What I am saying is that technology should never erase the need for sound basics. As a matter of fact new technologies mean a higher level of basic skills in any endeavour not less. What I am saying is that third world countires should go easy on the rush to upgrade or import new technologies when it is clear they have inadequate basic knowledge and competencies on how to troubleshoot when it comes to death and life matters.

You will never be ahead of a Californian geek when the next Iphone comes. If it gets bad he will likely be able to recover faster than you. If your life depended on the phone you are better of mastering an older model. If you investigate most pilot error led crashes the bulk of them were caused by lack of situational awarenes. The pilots were just not able to grasp what the aircraft was doing and in some cases even worsened the situation by wrong remedial actions. Technology can never compensate for that. Technology gone wrong is irrecoverable in those cases.

No one is absolving Boeing here. The Max 8 obviously has problems and they have not done enough to remediate the situation. But what else is out there that is potentially catastrophic. Prepare for that. Only the living can blame.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 14, 2019
prince3009:

You problem is reading without comprehension! The two American carriers have technical maintenance crew whose working policies are of international standards. The countries whose air carriers experienced crashes are third world and developing countries whose safety standards are shabby and epileptic!

Indonesia for the past 4 years have been having series of air mishaps! Are all the aircrafts involved in the air accidents only the 737 Max 8 model?

Have the American Carriers who said the aircrafts are on their fleet and are not ready to ground them had any air mishap involving the 737-8 Max model before?

Answer the questions above before you start blabbing about "mental slavery".

I am sure that when they tell people like you to patronize Innoson, you will rather choose to buy Camry Muscle and the issue of "mental slavery" won't register by then.
Finally America has grounded the max 8, wats ur say.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by lexy2014: 10:18am On Mar 14, 2019
Reference:

I did not say anywhere that the aircraft is safe. What I am saying is that it is clear those that survive have better flying skills and are probably able toreact better tothe flaws of new technology. What I am saying is that technology should never erase the need for sound basics. As a matter of fact new technologies mean a higher level of basic skills in any endeavour not less. What I am saying is that third world countires should go easy on the rush to upgrade or import new technologies when it is clear they have inadequate basic knowledge and competencies on how to troubleshoot when it comes to death and life matters.

You will never be ahead of a Californian geek when the next Iphone comes. If it gets bad he will likely be able to recover faster than you. If your life depended on the phone you are better of mastering an older model. If you investigate most pilot error led crashes the bulk of them were caused by lack of situational awarenes. The pilots were just not able to grasp what the aircraft was doing and in some cases even worsened the situation by wrong remedial actions. Technology can never compensate for that. Technology gone wrong is irrecoverable in those cases.

No one is absolving Boeing here. The Max 8 obviously has problems and they have not done enough to remediate the situation. But what else is out there that is potentially catastrophic. Prepare for that. Only the living can blame.

No one said u said d Max8 is safe. What u are saying now is an after thought maybe more information have come to light. D statements u made earlier was alluding 2d fact that d Ethiopian airline crashed because of d incompetence/limited knowledge of d pilots. And u tried 2 create d impression that d American & European pilots flying Max8 are better than their counterparts in Ethiopia. Hence, u said that d issue had been resolved in US& Europe. B4 u said that 40 countries had banned d plane. That's y I put those posers to u maybe u no something that d whole world doesn't no.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Escapes Death From Accident After Car Somersaulted 4 Times (pics) / Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.