Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw (30028 Views)

262 Out Of 860 Pilots In Pakistan Have Fake Licenses / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / Meet The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Who Excites Pilots In Their Cockpits. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by blackgold2018(m): 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:
I believe the issue of this 737 Max 8 is partly a factory error, maintenance and pilot technique!

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!

"I believe" and "I guess"... That's all I dictated in ur comment.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by magzey: 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
I will love to get a Tokunbo Boeing 737 8 max.and buy for my daily tourism flight grin angry grin

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Chuks9000: 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:
I believe the issue of this 737 Max 8 is partly a factory error, maintenance and pilot technique!

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!
"The Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System, or MCAS, was included on the Max 8 model as a safety mechanism that would automatically correct for a plane entering a stall pattern. If the plane loses lift under its wings during takeoff and the nose begins to point far upward, the system kicks in and automatically pushes the nose down.

After the Lion Air crash, the FAA issued an airworthiness directive that said: "This condition, if not addressed, could cause the flight crew to have difficulty controlling the airplane, and lead to excessive nose-down attitude, significant altitude loss, and possible impact with terrain."
Please try reading to comprehend before scattering lawma things on net

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Same line of thought here. Why sell a product without informing the buyers of the added features and getting the pilots trained on how to use the features?

If true, they goofed BIG TIME!!!
They do but if you know what it means to have a routine in the cockpit, you won't blame pilots either. Even after long hours of training, pilots still make the mistake again. I can list a lot of differences that will shock you. Also, pilots of today are too lazy that they rely on auto pilot earlier than required.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by toscolee(m): 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
Edagentle:
That's quite long to read, someone read and summarize abeg. undecided

Challenge yourself to read such articles anytime you come across one.......ensure you understand what's been written, and you will develop a sound mind, broader perspective of life. You develop the ability to think at a deeper level than before plus your vocabulary will grow, then, with less effort, you will break into circles you couldn't get into before, and meaningful connections. Take my advice, you won't regret.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Reference(m): 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
TheAlchemist:
No pilots from the First world nation is yet to crash a 737 max, could the suspect be the pilots from the 3rd world nation! Got this line of thought from another blog.

Because when they notice the thng is malfunctioning the just turn it off and take control. If I engage adaptive cruise control at speed and I am approaching a slower car in front and the throttle is not relaxing and the brakes engaging, do I just sit there till I hit. Whenever I am on cruise my thumb is never far from the 'cancel' button and my senses are even more at alert.

Do we suppose these pilots think technology is infallible. Even if the auto systems had no bugs, it can still fail at anytime. Pilots are trained on situational awareness and emergency trouble shooting. If they could not handle a computer system failure how willthey have been able to cope with worse problems such as structural, electrical or hydraulic problems.... hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by linearity: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Not totally true.

The plane’s MCAS system that is met to correct a sudden nose upward lift by pointing it down appear to be doing an over correction.

But this boils down to Pilot experience; many of the Pilots that have encountered the same problem immediately remove it from autopilot to correct the nose dive issue.

Pilots use autopilots mainly during take off and landing, especially with adverse conditions; over reliance on autopilot might be the main issue here, which goes to the Pilot’s experience, knowledge of the new max 8 plane and confidence level.

5 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by toprealman: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

uncle calm down pls

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by toscolee(m): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2019
ojuikwu:
THUNDER FIRE OHANAEZE OJUKWU.BASTERD TRIBE.IPIG IPOG IPUSSY

I suspect that you are igbo. You know what you are doing... You are using reverse psychology to create hatred. There is God o, He will judge you and you will regret. Just stop this rubbish.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by TommyAnthem(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Can you pay for such services, mind you these aviation companies are leveraging on mass movement of people to make profits. The fewer they carry the higher the cost per person.
KingAzubuike:
Boeing is a very complex and dangerous aircraft to fly compared to cesenna and the likes. To prevent future disastrous occurrence like this, I suggest airports and aviation authorities around the world should make commercial airliners fly on cesennas only which usually is safer and can accommodate a maximum of 4 passengers. Even if na Australia or new Zealand you dey go they will first go and drop four passengers first before they come back to carry another four. That's my own opinion.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Iziquiel(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Your problem is mental slavery. You don't think there's anything wrong with the 737 Max 8 just because two American Carriers says there's nothing wrong with the model. Oya go fly one because your Colonial Masters don tell you say nothing dey wrong with the plane model.

8 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!Na wa for you o! I bet you would be saying a very different thing if the aircraft was manufactured in may be China, Russia, Korea, Japan aside from the Us

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by kayjay69(m): 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
the blogger is a stupid and racist godforsaken human being. Do you know how many near misses (which are as good as accidents) that this plane has had? That it happened in 3rd world does not mean it could not have happened anywhere. There have been several air mishaps on planes flown by so-called first world citizens and even operated by these countries. It is obvious there is something fundamentally wrong with that plane. Maybe not every single one that they built, could be just a couple.

TheAlchemist:
No pilots from the First world nation is yet to crash a 737 max, could the suspect be the pilots from the 3rd world nation! Got this line of thought from another blog.

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Boeing is a very complex and dangerous aircraft to fly compared to cesenna and the likes. To prevent future disastrous occurrence like this, I suggest airports and aviation authorities around the world should make commercial airliners fly on cesennas only which usually is safer and can accommodate a maximum of 4 passengers. Even if na Australia or new Zealand you dey go they will first go and drop four passengers first before they come back to carry another four. That's my own opinion.
You are maddddd grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by SIRTee15: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
qualityovenbake:
just watched the video of the passenger praying in the Ethiopian air crash. Am scared right now.
Can u share....
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by toscolee(m): 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
TheAlchemist:

The Ethiopian airline pilot is Israeli.. Isn't Israel a first world nation? Let's wait for the results of the investigation into the cause of the crash. Concluding, when there is no effort to find out the root cause is a third world problem.

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
Iziquiel:

Your problem is mental slavery. You don't think there's anything wrong with the 737 Max 8 just because two American Carriers says there's nothing wrong with the model. Oya go fly one because your Colonial Masters don tell you say nothing dey wrong with the plane model.
I tire for some people, them just use America as standard, because FAA has not ban max 8, then there's nothing wrong with the plane.

4 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by princejenks(m): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2019
Good thing US airlines are still flying it cos doing so sends a strong message that they still have confidence in Boeing,an American company. What's wrong can easily be fixed,a little patience is required for the investigation to be completed to know the cause of the latest crash by this same 737 8 max just months after the last one ocurred.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Cantonese: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Bros you wicked o. Why not kuku use gwongworo carry passengers to Australia?

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by IykeD(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
Boeing don buy market.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by mikael3(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Seriously this your conclusion from the write up above

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by mikael3(m): 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!1

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Iziquiel:

You problem is reading without comprehension! The two American carriers have technical maintenance crew whose working policies are of international standards. The countries whose air carriers experienced crashes are third world and developing countries whose safety standards are shabby and epileptic!

Indonesia for the past 4 years have been having series of air mishaps! Are all the aircrafts involved in the air accidents only the 737 Max 8 model?

Have the American Carriers who said the aircrafts are on their fleet and are not ready to ground them had any air mishap involving the 737-8 Max model before?

Answer the questions above before you start blabbing about "mental slavery".

I am sure that when they tell people like you to patronize Innoson, you will rather choose to buy Camry Muscle and the issue of "mental slavery" won't register by then.

4 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by mikael3(m): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
It is a brilliant idea. In Nigeria we can even manage and pack 12 inside ... some share a seat while other bigger body passengers can stand & hold on to something. shocked

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2019
VULCAN:
One of the things I am learning as I grow older is that the ignorant are the most confident sounding.

Once they come to a conclusion that isn't even based on logic or critical thinking they close their minds to any room for further understanding. Then they speak with an air of finality

Weldone! Mr logical critical thinker who ended up not making any vital points in his criticism!!
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by wink2015(m): 6:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
Edagentle:

STOP BEING LAZY

READ AND GET KNOWLEDGE

Did I hear you mentioned that someone that is a fellow nairalander should read and summarize for you?

Na wa for you O!
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Mobuch embarassed
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by IkemChris(m): 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Edagentle:
Bottom Line of the story is that we should just continue our business and leave them to be writing long stories
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by escodotman: 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

For your information, the U.S obviously refused to ground the planes because of financial costs. European Union, Australia, United Kingdom, Philippines and many other advanced countries have all grounded the particular plane that has killed hundreds of people within 3months, and you think so far U.S has refused to ground the same aircraft, then the problem is the servicing crew? Are you aware that the MAX 8 is barely 2years old? Are you also aware of the number of people that have been killed with 3-4months? Pilot's error, on the same aircraft, within that short period? I don't think so. I think the fault came from the manufacturer.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by AngelicBeing: 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Hian shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Father & Son Die In Accident In Nasarawa On Their Way To Daughter's Wedding (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.