Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why We Need To Listen To Falz More From His Work On "Feel Good" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why We Need To Listen To Falz More From His Work On "Feel Good" (329 Views)

Nigerian Reacted To FALZ Latest Song / Withdraw Your ‘this Is Nigeria’ Video Or Face Legal Action –MURIC To Falz / Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need To Listen To Falz More From His Work On "Feel Good" by MusicOri: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2019

Spoiler Alert: if you have not seen Ice Prince’s Feel Good, I implore you to go see it before reading this post.
After so many years of waiting for Ice Prince to come back with those mad rhythmic flows of his, it seemed like we were waiting for some of our old politicians to retire, things like that hardly happen. I almost gave up though, forgive my impatience. But with the recent release of his mad jam Feel Good I think bro has already cooked something worthy of a comeback, well, that aren't why we are here.
Still, If you have been frequenting Instagram in the last four days or so and you are following any of these men @iceprincezamani, @phynofino and @falzthebahdguy, you must have seen them and some of their pals dancing to “Feel Good” and most likely a clip or two from the visual of the poorly directed video. I could not even tell if what I was watching is still part of the behind-the-scene clips I had seen earlier or it is the original video. Well, that's also not why we are here.
Today, we have come to look at “Feel Good” from the mind of the artists, Falz.

Feel Good is a song by Ice Prince and he features one of Nigerian finest rappers turn singer, Phyno (though he actually did rap here, I was stunned) and the never failing prophet proper, Falz with the three taking their verses one after another. Ice Prince took the chorus while an unidentified person(s) shouted out the hook. The song does sound boomy.

In Feel Good, Ice Prince can be heard singing about partying, ladies and boozing-- drinking, as a typical Jos boy, that's normal with the kind of cold they live in. That appeared as the theme of the song, which can also be told from the chorus, and other rappers were expected to follow suit. Phyno sure did and rapped about drinks, ladies and money in a boastful way, well, most Ibo boys do that a lot.
But when it got to Falz, Falz did go conscious. I can tell you that Falz is the realest rapper from Nigeria right now, not because he is a lawyer but because he sees what we don't see. So he couldn't hesitate to state it as he feels it and still related very well to the theme of the song.
From Falz Karashika to his last album “Moral Instructions” Falz has always hinted on one sociopolitical problems or another which I must confess doesn't entice Nigerians and songs like that hardly get quantity airplay. This can be seen from the release of Moral instructions, where Falz stated all the problems fazing Nigeria currently with the nine tracks of that album. And after the first week of the album's release, I never again heard it on the radio here in Kano.

Like I said, he didn't hesitate to state it as he felt it with lines like:

Tell me when the party start dey drop

Tell me when the sweet babes don pack the club(heeeyy)

Why your guys come dey famz the boy

Why now wey they know we get bar to draw (heeeyy)

Me and my guys ball in there tonight

We go rock o, make nobody sha disturb (heeeyy)

You go dey wonder who dey do birthday

Who dey celebrate who when we start to pop (heeeyy)

Them boys do am for the Instagram likes and the snapchat

We just come drink and catch vibes, We don pass that

Boys nogo carry camera come dey snap cash

Or maybe record the waiter when he bring the spark glass

I no need to pose make you know say my guys high
If i waste liquor just to show, call me bastard

All my guys get am, shey u no dey see the canvas
Only competition we dey do na who dey dance pass (dance pass)

Peer pressure and social media impressions are two big problems plaguing Nigerian youths and it is really taking a toll on them and you shouldn't be surprised every John wants to make money quick which is why ladies fall for cheap tricks and guys put their lives and other people's lives on the line for the cash. Falz succinctly created a gap between two set of netizens.

The first are those that do everything they do for the media: they are paying for drinks, chains, clothes or cars, they put them up on social media. They get a new shoe, it still goes to the media. Gets a new boyfriend or husband, he buys this and that for them, it still goes to social media. All these he said were for the Instagram and Snapchat likes--attention. And what we don't know is that it always have a psychological effect both on the person putting it up and the person viewing it earnestly. This is why ladies lose their pants easily, human parts are seen with people everywhere, men been pushing drugs like its no man's business.

The second group are those that are always in for the good time and not the attention. He said “the only competition we dey do na who dance pass” not who gets the most attention.

The truths sure is a strong pill to swallow, but it is better to die knowing the truth than die ignorant of the truth.

Falz needs more listening ears like our fathers listened to Fela.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timE7NYHg0U

https://musicori.com/why-nigerians-need-to-listen-to-falz-more-from-his-work-on-feel-good/

Re: Why We Need To Listen To Falz More From His Work On "Feel Good" by MusicOri: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
grin

(1) (Reply)

J.O Johnson Fill This Place New Track / Naira Marley Updates / Naira Marley – Opotoyi (marlians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.