Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update (11657 Views)

Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts / Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by LifestyleTonite: 7:05am On Mar 14, 2019
Twitter is currently testing new changes to its app which will feature the removal of retweet counts and public like which might affect influencers a lot.

The new change will be such that only users will be able to see their own circulation data. Also, one has to tap before seeing the like, retweet, and reply options.

On the aspect of conversations, they are presented in a more thread-like style, and are differentiated with more distinct bubbles around each tweet.When someone branches off into a new conversation in a thread, the new indented responses makes it clear to identify.

Conversations are also color-coded so as to distinguish post originators’ comments from replies and replies from people you follow and also from those you don’t.

https://lailasnews.com/twitter-to-remove-retweet-count-and-public-like-in-new-update/

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by yomalex(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2019
hmm
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by manlikeboss: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
Yahoo Boy Caught With ’Girlfriend’s’ Used Sanitary Pads After Buying New Car

see here -->>

https://afribaze.com.ng/forum/Entertainment/social-media/68187-yahoo-boy-caught-with-girlfriends-used
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by careytommy37(m): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
This probably only concerns twitter influencers and their followers

7 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by ShitHead(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
You see?

I told you guys to vote Atiku.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by AllenSpencer: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
Thank God they not removing sperm count.

That would have angered over half of their users

7 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Cceramicaltd: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
This will affect influencers though

Lalasticlala, check my last thread

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Newboss(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Very good angry

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by peteruuu(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
grin Twitter.

It's actually pamilerin too grin
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Richdad50(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Liberals are becoming afraid of the rise of conservatives and populists. They see the retweets, likes and comments and are becoming afraid of the social influence sphere they now control.

Lol! Enough is enough of the Libtards controlling how we speak, reason, and conform. Google, Facebook have long joined the ranks of Liberals sensoring every dissenting opinion and shadow banning conservative voices but they will fail.

Richdad

20 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by careytommy37(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Thank God they not removing sperm count.

That would have angered over half of their users

Abi? cool
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by omatech: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
shocked
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by honourable1769(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Twitter the home of evil and brutal savages. Nairaland once used to be like that... but these days rather than savages, people display utter ignorance and downright stupidity.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by faithfull18(f): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Okay, I hardly tweet.
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Iro ni o! Kole werk

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by tosyne2much(m): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2019
Bad news to some people
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by RevenGeMission: 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
job has finished for twitter influencers
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Kundagarten: 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2019
[s]
Richdad50:
Liberals are becoming afraid of the rise of conservatives and populists. They see the retweets, likes and comments and are becoming afraid of the social influence sphere they now control.

Lol! Enough is enough of the Libtards controlling how we speak, reason, and conform. Google, Facebook have long joined the ranks of Liberals sensoring every dissenting opinion but they will fail.

Richdad
[/s]

I consider myself a conservative in Nigeria but abroad is a different matter.
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by moderatorr1: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
Twitter is comiting more suicide
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Parrot69: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
Please I want to open an account on Nairaland, how do I do that ?
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by moderatorr1: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
Parrot69:
Please I want to open an account on Nairaland, how do I do that ?
Come out of the Nairaland V2019 car, go to the butt and press the open button.
Thanks me later.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by introvertme: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
Richdad50:

Lol! Enough is enough of the Libtards controlling how we speak, reason, and conform. Google, Facebook have long joined the ranks of Liberals sensoring every dissenting opinion but they will fail.

Richdad

Their desperation to censor conservatives just shows that they can't disprove anything the conservatives say.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by StrikeBack(m): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
Richdad50:

Richdad
No one is controlling anything.. Create your platform and speak

4 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by MicroBox: 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2019
Most especially political influencers which PDP used and deceive Atiku.
Also an influencer though but not political.
Nothing change if client can still see number of followers.
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Xisnin(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2019
Richdad50:

Richdad
Twitter is not a public utility and about half of its users are bots.
So, you can't use retweets as a sign of popularity.

If you really want to say whatever you like, you should create your own
platform and attract users to it.

Those "libtards" are the engine of any English-based social media, if they don't buy it, it won't fly.

I remember how a Nairaland troll threatens to open his own forum because his speech was being
censored through bans.
He forgot that nobody, not even other trolls wants a forum where the majority are trolls.

9 Likes

Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Femich18(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2019
Who their retweet count and Public like help?
Re: Twitter To Remove Retweet Count And Public Like In New Update by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2019
Kanye West’s idea in part

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of A Samsung Note II User / Pure Xperia ROM 4.4.2 For Gionee G2 / GLO Still Tells Me To Link My Line Despite Linking It Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.