Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

I Need Help With HP Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help With HP Laptop (963 Views)

Selling Omen 15 RTX 2060 6GB Gaming Machine - Open Box With HP Warranty / Please! Help With Hp Pavilion I5 Battery Issue / Help With HP Elitebook 8460p Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With HP Laptop by Herlertah(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hi Engineers in the house, I need help with my HP laptop. I have noticed that it does not charge when we turn on generator in my house but reverse is the case when it's normal electricity supply and I didn't find it disturbing then since there is stable electricity supply. But about a month ago, it started shutting down suddenly when I am using it at 30%-40% on it's own and I can say that it's not the battery cos the battery is still strong (abour 6 hours or more) and reduce slowly from 100% down to 30%-40% before shutting down suddenly. Pls what can I do about this?
Re: I Need Help With HP Laptop by losprince(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
Herlertah:
Hi Engineers in the house, I need help with my HP laptop. I have noticed that it does not charge when we turn on generator in my house but reverse is the case when it's normal electricity supply and I didn't find it disturbing then since there is stable electricity supply. But about a month ago, it started shutting down suddenly when I am using it at 30%-40% on it's own and I can say that it's not the battery cos the battery is still strong (abour 6 hours or more) and reduce slowly from 100% down to 30%-40% before shutting down suddenly. Pls what can I do about this?
it definitely is the battery, the cells are dead bro, go get a new one... Soon when you plug the laptop it will say plugged in but not charging.

That's a battery problem.
Re: I Need Help With HP Laptop by Herlertah(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
losprince:
it definitely is the battery, the cells are dead bro, go get a new one... Soon when you plug the laptop it will say plugged in but not charging.

That's a battery problem.
grin Lol....that started yesterday bro. Your answer is so accurate. I plan on taking it to an Engineer friend to help me check it and advise me on what I need to buy and what I need to repair.
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With HP Laptop by losprince(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2019
Herlertah:

grin Lol....that started yesterday bro. Your answer is so accurate. I plan on taking it to an Engineer friend to help me check it and advise me on what I need to buy and what I need to repair.
Thanks so much

You're welcome... Good luck
Re: I Need Help With HP Laptop by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2019
tar, no be ba3.... ur laptop don dy cast small small bdat.... all laptops have an inbuild power supply that can power the laptop on directly from generator/electricity without the use of it's ba3. the only case there is just that it will work like a normal pc so if liat vamous then ur laptop will shut down. But this one u said from 100 to 30-40per, walia it's called dooms day... grin grin
Re: I Need Help With HP Laptop by Herlertah(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
Mosesotu123:
tar, no be ba3.... ur laptop don dy cast small small bdat.... all laptops have an inbuild power supply that can power the laptop on directly from generator/electricity without the use of it's ba3. the only case there is just that it will work like a normal pc so if liat vamous then ur laptop will shut down. But this one u said from 100 to 30-40per, walia it's called dooms day... grin grin
Ah don die be that nagrin

(1) (Reply)

SOLD For Sale:2019 Macbook Pro / *SOLD* Alienware 17 R3 17.3-inch Qhd (4k) Laptop Intel Core I7 / Sites Where One Can Download Games Free To Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.