Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This (928 Views)

Man Gets Scolded By His Young Daughter After He Went To Marry Another Lady (vid) / Man Gets Tattoo On His Stomach To Earn Back His Wife Trust / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by massmediang: 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Posts His Phone Number On Billboard (Video)

A man got more than he expected for his birthday after he discovered that his son had made the event a worldwide celebration.
The New Jersey man will never forget 62nd birthday after his sons posted his phone number on a large roadside billboard inviting people to call and wish him well. So far, he has gotten over 15,000 calls and texts from people all over the world.
Chris Ferry’s sons used to prank him when going to restaurants by telling waiters that it was his birthday just so they could watch him squirm uncomfortably as they brought him cake. This year, they took things to a whole new level by renting a billboard outside Linwood and posting their dad’s phone number on it, inviting people to send him their best wishes. They thought it would be something of a local joke, with their dad getting a few calls from random strangers, but after the photo went viral on social media, things got a bit out of hand.
The billboard went up on March 6, and by March 12, Chris Ferry had already received well over 15,000 birthday calls and texts from people in countries like the Philippines, Kenya, Luxembourg, Ireland, Guatemala, Nepal and Australia. He actually tried to take every call and answer every text at first, but he eventually gave up and changed his voice mail to “thank you for calling to wish me a happy birthday, I really, very much appreciate it…”.
Details:
https://wakkinews.com/2019/03/16/man-gets-thousands-of-birthday-calls-after-son-posts-his-phone-number-on-billboard-video/

Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 17, 2019
cheesy
Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 17, 2019
Beautiful

Brought back some memories

Continue to rest in peace dad smiley
Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by ValCon888: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2019
That is the type of father we should aspire to be.

A man whose children will put his phone number on a billboard just to wish their dad a happy birthday.

It is obvious he trained them well and they love him for it.

2 Likes

Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by ladygudhead(f): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2019
oh ok now I see better.
Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by Bighead9: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
I no fit try this kind stuffs with my Dad. If not, my body go peel from the beating wey you go receive that day. grin
My Pale go be like, "na who send you wey you go share my number give people wey I no know".

Old Boy, e no go funny that day. My Papa na typical African Man, he no tolerate nonsense. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by doggedfighter(f): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lovely. So lovely.
Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by nymphomaniac(m): 12:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
The typical African may not go to this length. We show our own love in other ways...
Re: Man Gets Thousands Of Birthday Calls After Son Did This by Mariangeles(f): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
Nothing is more fulfilling for a man than for his sons to be so proud of him.

He will die a fulfilled man.

(1) (Reply)

. / Pillow Prices In Nigeria / Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.